Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

The March Hare posted:

Hey troll! We are paired for round 1, let me know your availability. I work M-F 9-5ish and am usually around after 6PM EST. I'll also be around at some point on the weekend, but I'm not sure when exactly.

I should be available this evening, and if that doesn't work out my weekend is pretty free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

I should be available this evening, and if that doesn't work out my weekend is pretty free.

I'll be around today, I'm on IRC as march.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Has anyone had any trouble connecting to the goon server? I was connected before, and got kicked out abruptly, and have not been able to connect since. I can ping it so I know I can see it but I cannot connect. Tried messing around with what network stuff I can on my side but it does not seem to make a difference.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

AgentSythe posted:

Has anyone had any trouble connecting to the goon server? I was connected before, and got kicked out abruptly, and have not been able to connect since. I can ping it so I know I can see it but I cannot connect. Tried messing around with what network stuff I can on my side but it does not seem to make a difference.

Hm, I can connect and can see someone named DrStab playing AgentSythe - maybe you need to try connecting w/ a different name? It's possible your ghost is still around.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Okay weird. I'm logged in now so when I got unexpectedly disconnected it must not have killed the old session and was just giving me a nonuseful error message

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Streaming my match vs TenjouUtena

http://www.twitch.tv/network42

also, we're just playing on cockatrice if people want to come watch.

Edit: please note that I'm bad at magic and streaming.

Network42 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 30, 2015

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Network42 posted:

Streaming my match vs TenjouUtena

http://www.twitch.tv/network42

also, we're just playing on cockatrice if people want to come watch.

Edit: please note that I'm bad at magic and streaming.

I am also bad at magic. 2-0 Network42 wins.

You can watch me not be able to count to 10 game 1. :)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

gang sines posted:

THUNDERDOME ROUND 1:

11) DrStab vs AgentSythe

AgentSythe wins 2-0 after many technical difficulties, but we got it all sorted

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

TenjouUtena posted:

I am also bad at magic. 2-0 Network42 wins.

You can watch me not be able to count to 10 game 1. :)
I will try and defend your honor. LGD and I should be playing Doomsday vs Team America tonight.
LGD, hit me up on irc when you are ready.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Dear insidious opponent, I should be available to play Friday evening, should you be available. If not, it will probably have to be Sunday, as I think that my Saturday is going to be very busy with FRC robot programming. Sorry for being so hard to reach. The easiest way to bug me is steam, which I am on all the time. If that is something you use, feel free to add me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FilthyMonkey/
Otherwise, I am sure I can catch you on IRC.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
ayoo swan when are we gonna sling spells?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

gang sines posted:

THUNDERDOME ROUND 1:

4) netcat vs Toshimo
5) ChewyLSB vs Ableist Kinkshamer
7) Ranpire vs Filthy Monkey
14) Big Anime Fan Here vs Jabor
16) Partial Octopus vs Auralsaurus Flex
17) Wadjamaloo vs LGD
19) a dozen swans vs born on a buy you
20) The March Hare vs GottaPayDaTrollToll
21) always be closing vs Fingers McLongDong
23) Pointus Pilate vs dogspremacy

above are the outstanding matches. i think i've heard from at least one person in most of these, so i'm assuming that more stuff is coming in this weekend. but! if you cannot get a game scheduled by monday 9AM EST please let me know ahead of time. if i only hear from one person i'm giving that person the win unless that person says they've talked to the other person and they need more time. if i hear from neither of you it's a draw. if i hear from both we can figure out when the game can get played.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

gang sines posted:

above are the outstanding matches. i think i've heard from at least one person in most of these, so i'm assuming that more stuff is coming in this weekend. but! if you cannot get a game scheduled by monday 9AM EST please let me know ahead of time. if i only hear from one person i'm giving that person the win unless that person says they've talked to the other person and they need more time. if i hear from neither of you it's a draw. if i hear from both we can figure out when the game can get played.

I haven't seen Toshimo post in this thread since round 1 started but I'm available most of the weekend though I assume we're in wildly different time zones (I'm in GMT+1).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

netcat posted:

I haven't seen Toshimo post in this thread since round 1 started but I'm available most of the weekend though I assume we're in wildly different time zones (I'm in GMT+1).

sorry. Yeah. I'm gonna be dog sitting all weekend. Just me and a dog and a bottle of whiskey. Let me know when you want to give it a go.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

LGD and I agreed to play last night, but I never heard from him. I'd be willing to play this weekend if he can.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lost 0-2 to Fingers McLong Dong

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Posted earlier in the week but dogspremacy never got back to me. So if you're out there this weekend is busy but I could do Sunday evening.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Alas, I am beaten, 1-2. Good games too.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

Filthy Monkey posted:

Alas, I am beaten, 1-2. Good games too.

Confirming 2-1 in my favor, plus a bit of a report because why not!

I'm on 12post, while the good Mr. Monkey was playing Dredge. Jitters were kind of high for me since I don't actually have much experience vs Dredge, and I'm not playing my usual 75 either - since this tournament has open decklists, I went with a more toolboxy build with Trinket Mages to get Pithing Needles and Engineered Explosives.

Game 1, I kept a hand with the Explosives and multiple Repeals, figuring they should be good enough to keep me alive against zombie hordes until I could find Bojuka Bog or a win. Unfortunately this did not prove to be the case. I drew very little action, and Monkey was able to quickly Dread Return a 10/10 Grave-Troll along with a pack of 6 zombies. That resulted in an interesting choice where I could have either Show and Telled Emrakul into play to block the troll, or popped the explosives. I figured that Emrakul wasn't actually enough to win next turn, since Putrid Imp could block it, and I would still die to Flame-Kin Zealot if he found that, so I chose to wipe the zombies instead. That proved futile though, Monkey had more Putrid Imps into Cabal Therapies taking away S&T while spawning another horde, and I died shortly thereafter.

For game 2, I sided in Force of Wills, Swan Songs and Tabernacle, and kept a starting hand with Bojuka Bog. Monkey did his dredgy business, pitched his hand and put 20 cards in the yard, and I dropped the Bog to clear out everything, leaving him with 2 lands, 4 zombies and a Putrid Imp. Then it was my turn to go off with Trinket Mage into EE , plus Tabernacle and Chasm backup, and Monkey threw in the towel.

And game 3... sadly wasn't much of a game, maybe? Monkey mulliganed twice and played no spells save a single Cabal Therapy (which got Forced), while I sat there and played a lot of lands, got Bog in my hand, and eventually tutored up Emrakul and put it into play. At least, it didn't look like much of a game, but since he saw me get the Bog, I was still sweating a combo turn. Dredge is terrifying!

Legacy is awesome, though. Xmage, not so awesome, doesn't even load on my machine. Thanks to Filthy Monkey for firing up Cockatrice instead - seems I'll be limited to that going forward.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, game three I had a rough hand. First two were stinkers, resulting in mulligans, and third had an LED and a dredger, but lacked any sort of draw to get it started. I could have won through you having the bog, but not with the EE as well. The plan would have been ripping through my deck and dread returning a flame-kin zealot. Good games though.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Hey Troll!!! I can probably only play today or maybe early in the day tomorrow, hit me up either here, on IRC in #mtgoon as march, or on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Horrible_CraneAccident/

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Auralsaurus Flex and I will be playing our game sometime this weekend.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
ChewyLSB's Esper Stoneblade has extinguished my burn 2-1 :negative:

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Toshimo posted:

sorry. Yeah. I'm gonna be dog sitting all weekend. Just me and a dog and a bottle of whiskey. Let me know when you want to give it a go.

OK I can play whenever today now.

e: I'm in the irc channel I guess

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I beat Auralsaurus Flex 2-0

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Partial Octopus posted:

I beat Auralsaurus Flex 2-0
Confirming this.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
still waiting to hear back from swans

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
BAFH and I and have set a time, ~30 hours from now. I won't be streaming it (but will be recording my end), dunno what BAFH is gonna do.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Troll easily claims victory 2-0 over me, ggs dude!

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

The March Hare posted:

Troll easily claims victory 2-0 over me, ggs dude!

My strategy of "have Thoughtseize and Force of Will every game versus a combo deck" really paid off. Ggs man!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

About to play vs LGD, streaming here. http://www.twitch.tv/esporks

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Wadjamaloo posted:

About to play vs LGD, streaming here. http://www.twitch.tv/esporks

I won, 2-1. Good games, and sorry again for flaking on Thursday Wadjamaloo.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

LGD posted:

I won, 2-1. Good games, and sorry again for flaking on Thursday Wadjamaloo.
Confirming score. No worries.
G1 I made a dumb misplay. I should have burning wished for empty the warrens but grabbed DD instead. I ended up drawing another BW and going for it the next turn. LGD then misplayed and a delver should have flipped that didn't, so he lost the game, but its fair because if I emptied when I should have I would have won anyways.

G2 I think I could played my discard a little bit different and gotten rid of his FoW. I think there was a turn where I should have a xantid swarm into his FoW forcing him to pitch his flusterstorm, but instead I used duress on his flusterstorm to clear the way for xantid swarm. I sort of forgot that flusterstorm can't target can't target xantid swarm.

G3 I had a shaky but powerful keep. Duress, Duress, Duress, Dark Rit, Git probe, Git Probe, Scalding Tarn. I forget the exact sequencing, but I did a good job of stripping his hand but missed some land drops. Drew into a top and brainstorm but got brainstorm locked. 1 more fetch land would have changed everything, the path was clear, and I had everything I needed but a DD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941lQt4IBrM

eSporks fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 1, 2015

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
still no word from swans.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rtte-X6lDYmEzWQErgA3FfCYRKQE5EY4vJlUEhkA4TA/edit?usp=sharing

I believe the following matches are still missing

BaFH vs Jabor
born on a buy you vs a dozen swans
dogspremacy vs Pointus Pilate
netcat vs Toshimo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
BAFH couldn't manage our scheduled time due to an overdose of partying. If he sobers up before the 9am est deadline we'll play our match, if I don't post anything before then I guess I take it by default.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
k i'll get round two pairings up shortly

BAFH, swans, dogspremacy eating losses, Tosh/netcat draw

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
THUNDERDOME ROUND 2 PAIRINGS:

1) suicidesteve vs Toshimo (0-2)
2) Snacksmaniac vs netcat (2-0)
3) Kraus vs DrStab (0-2)
4) Ableistk Kinkshamer vs LordSaturn (2-0)
5) Filthy Monkey vs Big Anime Fan Here (1-2)
6) TenjouUtena vs Wadjamaloo (1-2)
7) Archenteron vs PERPETUAL IDIOT (1-2)
8) Hobojim vs a dozen swans (2-0 by default)
9) Babylon Astronaut vs The March Hare (2-0)
10) PhyrexianLibrarian vs always be closing (2-1)
11) Auralsaurus Flex vs Trilas (2-1)
12) lonequid vs muon (0-2)
13) dogsupremacy vs Moatman (0-2 by default)
14) Partial Octopus vs Fingers McLongDong (2-1)
15) instantrunoffvote vs GottaPayDaTrollToll (1-2)
16) Procrastinator vs born on a buy you (2-0)
17) Lonely Bridge vs TheLawinator (1-2)
18) TheKingOfSprings vs LGD (0-2-1)
19) Network42 vs Jabor (1-2)
20) Ranpire vs gang sines (0-2)
21) ChewyLSB vs AgentSythe (2-1)
22) C-Euro vs Chamale (2-1)
23) wildfire1 vs Pointus Pilate (2-0 by default)
24) odiv vs Ciprian Maricon (2-1)

black potus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 11, 2015

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League

gang sines posted:

12) lonequid vs muon

Find me in IRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

THUNDERDOME ROUND 2 PAIRINGS:

4) Ableist Kinkshamer vs LordSaturn

I'm not sure how you arranged your last match. IRC? I'll try watching for you on IRC.

• Locked thread