Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

elf help book posted:

Part 2 has way more good stuff.

Just the info I needed, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

So has the PAL Club Nintendo not updated yet, or are we just not getting anything worthwhile as usual?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

When does the Metroid Prime Trilogy go back to full price?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Are you guys actually seeing the club nintendo site? I've been getting a Down For Maintenance message all morning. Is everyone here Canadian or something?

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Mario Golf
Mario Tennis

That's all I needed to see. Helloooooooo reliving my early-20's. I love those games so much.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Luminaflare posted:

When does the Metroid Prime Trilogy go back to full price?

More than likely this Thursday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

Are you guys actually seeing the club nintendo site? I've been getting a Down For Maintenance message all morning. Is everyone here Canadian or something?

The site got rushed by nerds. All of the physical items are probably gone now, but the digital items will be around for a couple months, so there is no rush to use up your coins.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Louisgod posted:

More than likely this Thursday.

I hope they give the US $10 Kirby's Return to Dreamland but I am prepared for the sale thing to just be over now. :smith:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't give two baby fucks about the physical awards, I just need to see how few coins I have so I can weep at my inability to get W101.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

Lol if you're not using the downtime to deliberately plan what you're using all your coins on

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

elf help book posted:

The NES Remix on Club Nintendo is NES Remix 1, the Wii U disc version in stores is a pack of both 1 and 2.

Figures that the week after I buy the disc version, part 2 is on sale for $10 and part 1 can be bought for a handful of coins the week after that.

noirstronaut posted:

I don't give two baby fucks about the physical awards, I just need to see how few coins I have so I can weep at my inability to get W101.

Is it still on sale for $6 at K-Mart? For that cheap you might as well just buy the disc version if it is.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
To anyone maybe getting annoyed about losing the physicals, there is a good chance it isn't really a big deal/worth it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

raditts posted:

Is it still on sale for $6 at K-Mart? For that cheap you might as well just buy the disc version if it is.

Nope. It was at one point, but my local Kmart didn't have it in stock.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

raditts posted:

I don't live in the US, just use the U.S. store and buy everything digitally.

But yeah I get the feeling it's the sort of game that even digitally will hit $10 eventually.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

To anyone maybe getting annoyed about losing the physicals, there is a good chance it isn't really a big deal/worth it.

Whew, thanks man.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

Whew, thanks man.

Well I found the Pikmin tote bag was utter crap.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I don't really give a poo poo about the tote bag beyond hocking it on Ebay because I know how loving rabid people are about Majora's Mask. I'll probably get it if I have enough coins left over from things I actually want, probably will be able to get enough from it to buy a disc game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

I want the Mario shirt. :qq:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zenintrude posted:

Is there a compelling reason to get this (other than it's essentially free) over the Disc version? Is part 2 generally crap and all the good stuff in part 1?

Part 2 is the better known games in the US, but part 1 plays better with the format and winds up being the better game as a result. The games in part 1 with the exception of Zelda are all pre-Super Mario Bros. NES games

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Glad I was able to get the Majora's messager bag, before the shitstorm of nerds flooded the website. Wonder how long it will last? Kind of want that Puzzle.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

From what I've played of both, you're gonna have to wade through a lot of poo poo nobody wants to remember in part 1 though, like Ice Climbers, Wrecking Crew, and Pin Ball (I don't even remember there being an NES Pinball game, but it sure is loving terrible).

I wish the non-Remix challenges were more interesting, I played the demo at a kiosk a few months ago that just had a couple of the remix levels and I thought the whole thing was gonna be like those.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

Jarogue posted:

Glad I was able to get the Majora's messager bag, before the shitstorm of nerds flooded the website. Wonder how long it will last? Kind of want that Puzzle.

Have you ever gotten a club Nintendo messenger bag? They arent that good.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Anyone who got Wonderful 101 know the size of the download? I think I'm probably going to have to get an external hard drive. the 8GB of Metroid Prime Trilogy killed the available space on my Wii U.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Have you ever gotten a club Nintendo messenger bag? They arent that good.

I remember the last one I got being super tiny and cheap. It was a thin piece of fabric.

Anyway, can't figure out how to spend all my 2220 coins effectively

+200 Coins - Super Mario World
+200 Coins - Super Mario 3
+200 Coins - Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
+200 Coins - Wario Land 2
+200 Coins - Zelda II: the Adventure of Link
+200 Coins - F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
+300 Coins - Dr. Luigi
+600 Coins - Wonderful 101

That leaves me with 120 coins left over. I feel stupid going on eBay to pay for coins to essentially get a Virtual Consoles game for 150 coins that I could pay the same amount for if I just bought it.

Unless... will I get post-play surveys on these games and get another 90 coins?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

smdh at anyone who does not possess an external hard drive with a TB or more of never ending storage

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Fremry posted:

Anyone who got Wonderful 101 know the size of the download? I think I'm probably going to have to get an external hard drive. the 8GB of Metroid Prime Trilogy killed the available space on my Wii U.

12.8 GB. Metroid killed my space, too.

codenameFANGIO posted:

smdh at anyone who does not possess an external hard drive with a TB or more of never ending storage
Bite me. I forgot to get a Y USB cable when I got my drive.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

The Pikmin tote bag is actually pretty sturdy and useful for carting around several bottles of wine without worrying about it tearing.
The messenger bag is flimsy, floppy, and looks too terrible to carry around. (Assuming the new Majora messenger bag is just the same as the old one with a new design.)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I have the Luigi 3ds pouch and my friend has the Pikmin tote. They have lasted us this whole time, so I don't know why everybody else's bag and stuff was poo poo. Also isn't this the first messenger bag they ever gave out?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Astro7x posted:

I remember the last one I got being super tiny and cheap. It was a thin piece of fabric.

+300 Coins - Dr. Luigi

That leaves me with 120 coins left over. I feel stupid going on eBay to pay for coins to essentially get a Virtual Consoles game for 150 coins that I could pay the same amount for if I just bought it.

Buy Wonderful 101 twice, sell one code to me, buy the rest of the games sans F-Zero and Dr. Luigi and use the profit from selling me Wonderful 101 to buy the games through the eShop.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Astro7x posted:

+300 Coins - Dr. Luigi

You will get points for those downloads, so you will have more coins left.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
DID ANYBODYS GET A CHANCE TO GET THE KID ICARAS MAN PURSE??

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

codenameFANGIO posted:

Doesn't the WiiU format the WHOLE drive instead of partitioning part of it out for games?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Louisgod posted:

Doesn't the WiiU format the WHOLE drive instead of partitioning part of it out for games?

Yup.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Louisgod posted:

Yes but hard drives are cheap so getting one just for the Wii U shouldn't be an issue.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Louisgod posted:

Yes.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

Just before Christmas I gave my girlfriend an external 250MB drive that I wasn't using so she could move stuff for work. I doubt she's going to use it, but I feel like a total dick asking for it back.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

Just before Christmas I gave my girlfriend an external 250MB drive that I wasn't using so she could move stuff for work. I doubt she's going to use it, but I feel like a total dick asking for it back.

Well you aren't gonna do much of anything with 250MB

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Well you aren't gonna do much of anything with 250MB

Considering the number of games I've gotten on the 24GB that the system comes with, I'm not concerned about getting a drive bigger than that.

I really don't want to spend $50 on a hard drive, only to end up using like 50GB of it. I prefer physical Nintendo games since they keep their value for resale.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Fremry posted:

Considering the number of games I've gotten on the 24GB that the system comes with, I'm not concerned about getting a drive bigger than that.

I really don't want to spend $50 on a hard drive, only to end up using like 50GB of it. I prefer physical Nintendo games since they keep their value for resale.

Okay, but now try again reading a little slower this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fremry posted:

Well, if you plan on using 50GB of space, be sure to get 200 of those drives you want to use.

• Locked thread