Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

smackfu posted:

A UCS Space Shuttle would be awesome.

They already made one and it is awesome.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

xzzy posted:

It never would have gotten closer to me than pictures in the catalog when I was a kid.

3000 piece lego kits were the stuff of legend.

Yeah, me too. I think one of the best bits of getting back into Lego now is I can just go ahead and buy the big ones if I like the look of them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PriorMarcus posted:

Look at this scrub who didn't make custom Orbiter stickers.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ah, I forgot about that one:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Shuttle-Expedition-10231

I only remembered the City ones.

Too bad that set goes for $250 now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Look at this scrub who didn't make custom Orbiter stickers.

Oh, is that a thing? It's actually the first big Lego set I got, so I never looked into customizing it much.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im hoping for a UCS AT-AT, like the one (or THE one) that Cavedog got 10000 votes of support for at Lego's cuusoo site.
I realize it is a fairly large kit (6k pieces if i recall correctly) which dwarfs anything else they have made except UCS Mil Falcon and Taj Mahal.
I would even be willing to pay up front in some sort of interest-gauge initiative, like a Lego Kickstarter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
One of these had better have the tiniest Galaga sticker on:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm holding out hope for a UCS LL928. :colbert:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/68687

:fap:

I really need to make a ship someday with that sandwiched wing style, it looks so epic.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The free flower cart is not being added to my order online, does anyone know why that is? Have stocks run out in the UK?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PriorMarcus posted:

Oh, is that a thing? It's actually the first big Lego set I got, so I never looked into customizing it much.

No clue, I just didn't like the City stickers so I made an Endeavour set.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

PriorMarcus posted:

The free flower cart is not being added to my order online, does anyone know why that is? Have stocks run out in the UK?

Stock of almost everything free for orders run out by the first week.

However with Jan being their big turn over day for new sets and tons of resellers snapping them up so that they go out of stock online to then resell on ebay for way more was the perfect storm to make all of those freebies go out within like 2-3 days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've just remembered I haven't picked up my free Lego calendar yet. The stores are going to be all out aren't they? :/

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

jeeves posted:

Stock of almost everything free for orders run out by the first week.

Wow, I've never run into that in the US. I've even bought out of stock stuff and they shipped the free item separately.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Oh god I have a problem. At least I am almost sorted!

Sorting Technic is the worst.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

pbpancho posted:

Oh god I have a problem. At least I am almost sorted!

Sorting Technic is the worst.

Nice Air Man. Buddy of mine did a Mega Man like that and it owns all sorts of bones.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

rickiep00h posted:

Nice Air Man. Buddy of mine did a Mega Man like that and it owns all sorts of bones.

Indeed! 8-bit is great for Lego. Back in the day I did so many of those in LDD, and even gave a few to a buddy of mine when you still had the option of buying your LDD designs from the Lego store.

nws
Jul 20, 2004
Part time SCUBA Instructor......

PriorMarcus posted:

My favorite set ever. I have two in the attic which might pay for a semester of college books in 10 years.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
So I picked up my first Lego set in like 12 years over the holidays (the AT-AT) that combined my long dormant love of Star Wars and Lego. Are there any recommendations for fun sets along those lines, preferably Star Wars?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SuperSpiff posted:

So I picked up my first Lego set in like 12 years over the holidays (the AT-AT) that combined my long dormant love of Star Wars and Lego. Are there any recommendations for fun sets along those lines, preferably Star Wars?

Well, you gotta get the Snowspeeder, for one!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

SuperSpiff posted:

Although it's from the Rebels cartoon and not Original Trilogy (TM), the TIE Advanced Prototype is a very fun TIE model. The wings fold in for landings, it has a pair of spring-loaded shooters that can be rapid-fired by twisting a knob on the back of the model, and it's extremely swooshable!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If you want to spend some money, the UCS X-Wing or Slave I perhaps

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
I'll take a look at those, thank! Are the UCS things like the old pro models where the scale is all funky with each other?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah, like the X-Wing is too big for a minifig pilot, but the Slave I is more or less minifig scale, because in the movies the X-Wing is a smaller ship so it gets scaled up more.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The micro sized ones are also fun to have. They're considerably cheaper, and also well made. Plus, you get a minifigure to expand your lego population.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

wow that Death Star playset. Any idea when it releases? May the 4th would be excellent.

quote:

" Vader's helmet will be in two parts for this set to have the helmet removed scene at the end of the movie."

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I think the UCS TIE is going to be May the 4th. The summer SW stuff usually comes out in June I think, but then there's also going to be some Ep VII stuff in September supposedly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've never really been all that engaged by Star Wars but I'm finding myself enjoying Star Wars Rebels and now I'm eyeing up the sets like the Ghost and the Phantom. Anyone got those yet?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

alg posted:

wow that Death Star playset. Any idea when it releases? May the 4th would be excellent.

Didn't they make this scene already? Anyone have a link to the previous set because I honestly don't know what it's name or set number would be.

quote:

"Vader's helmet will be in two parts for this set to have the helmet removed scene at the end of the movie."

That sounds awesome, but it's going to be a re sellers wet dream. :negative:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The_Doctor posted:

I've never really been all that engaged by Star Wars but I'm finding myself enjoying Star Wars Rebels and now I'm eyeing up the sets like the Ghost and the Phantom. Anyone got those yet?

I got both for Christmas. The Ghost is mostly an external build, there's not much 'inside' to the ship like the Falcon. The functions are neat and the Phantom fits in well. The escape pods are nice for storage. Overall I like its coloring and its resemblance to the ship from the show.

It's a really heavy set and the frame of it is a little unwieldy.

I'm disappointed I have to buy all 3 sets (speeder bikes too) to get the entire crew for the Ghost.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SuperSpiff posted:

Microfighters. They are the best. X-Wings are good too. I only have one, and there's loads of different ones, but from what I hear they're all good too.

In Scooby Doo news, the Lighthouse looks pretty great, but the plane looks a bit, well, plain. I like the colour scheme and the baddy though. http://www.hothbricks.com/2015/02/lego-scooby-doo-gros-plan-sur-les-sets-75901-et-75903/ And no, Sammy is not some new character they've introduced, apparently that's just Shaggy's name in a bunch of countries.

I like that Death Star scene too. Especially that it seems to come with the chute for Darth Vader to throw the Emperor down. Also it reminds me a bit of the Lord of the Rings sets where they have a smaller set (Wizard Battle) to go with a huge one (like Orthanc or the Death Star) with some interesting minifigures you also get in the big one and the small thing being similar to a part of the big one. I hope they keep doing things like that. Some of the huge Marvel/DC ones could do with one or two.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Crotch Fruit posted:

Didn't they make this scene already? Anyone have a link to the previous set because I honestly don't know what it's name or set number would be.

I think it was 7200 and 7201. I'm not sure why they did such small sets way back then.

Edit: Links now that I'm on a PC.

http://brickset.com/sets/7200-1
http://brickset.com/sets/7201-1/Final-Duel-II

51 pieces and five minifigs total.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 2, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SuperSpiff posted:

It's not Star Wars, but Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! from the Lego Movie is an absolute must-have, and if you decide you want one when it's out of production, it's guaranteed to skyrocket in price the moment it's off store shelves, so now's better than later.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Benny-s-Spaceship-Spaceship-SPACESHIP-70816

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

While visiting Philadelphia, I had my first ever trip to a Lego store!

Made the girlfriend promise she wouldn't let me spend all my money, picked up the Exosuit and the Birds.

Would probably be a way more chill experience on a weekday evening.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not Star Wars, but Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! from the Lego Movie is an absolute must-have, and if you decide you want one when it's out of production, it's guaranteed to skyrocket in price the moment it's off store shelves, so now's better than later.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Benny-s-Spaceship-Spaceship-SPACESHIP-70816

Also get it from anywhere but lego.com, it has been on sale so many different places for $80 or less. Amazon has it for $81 right now.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

UUHHGGGhh... why is Luke's lightsaber blue?? *flipstable*

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It's a prototype picture which is why they don't allow photos at some of the fairs. It'll be green.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The real travesty is that hole barely looks big enough to fling the emperor into it.

And the only way to extract him later is to invert the thing and dump him out. I mean c'mon lego, where's the drawer at the bottom you open to recover the minifig?

:goonsay:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Dogen posted:

It's a prototype picture which is why they don't allow photos at some of the fairs. It'll be green.

Given that, it's pretty weird that they just didn't use the right piece. Luke's lightsaber isn't exactly a new mold.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I browsed Eurobricks on a whim, and someone had just posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPaiDO4cxg

A video from, presumably, the same fair that photos were posted from before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

smackfu posted:

Given that, it's pretty weird that they just didn't use the right piece. Luke's lightsaber isn't exactly a new mold.

They don't make nearly as many trans green saber blades is the only thing that comes to mind, and they just switched to a different shade of green in 2012, so probably even less laying around. I dunno.