Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo I'm just now getting around to watching the Gravity/Coast game and Phreak looks sooo old. He's not even that old either, he can't be older than 35. What the hell man. :stare:

He's 27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo I'm just now getting around to watching the Gravity/Coast game and Phreak looks sooo old. He's not even that old either, he can't be older than 35. What the hell man. :stare:

I had a "oh poo poo" moment the other day when I looked up Lemonnation and found out he's 25, not the 35-40 year old I though he would have to be with that receding hairline.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rudager posted:

I had a "oh poo poo" moment the other day when I looked up Lemonnation and found out he's 25, not the 35-40 year old I though he would have to be with that receding hairline.

Forg1ven also does not look 22 at all.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
My impossible hope for this split is Gravity beating out team liquid. Especially if GV is 3rd and TL is 4th. It would be a delight for the curse reject team to finally break the curse.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I should just watch every NA LCS match from this week, right?

Edit: Lol and in the very first game Dig gives away Gnarvan AND Azir. This should be fun.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 2, 2015

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Sexpansion posted:

Edit: Lol and in the very first game Dig gives away Gnarvan AND Azir. This should be fun.

Don't watch the Dig games they're appalling.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sexpansion posted:

skip to the end of the Dig games, laugh at Dig's pathetic performance, then move on.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Sexpansion posted:

Unless you like slow, uneventful games with meticulous strategy don't bother with TSM vs. TL.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Disinterested posted:

Don't watch the Dig games they're appalling.

How Rude posted:

skip to the end of the Dig games, laugh at Dig's pathetic performance, then move on.

Crumbzz seems like a nice but seriously can this awful team get relegated already.

Edit: Gravity outplayed Dig on a macro level so hard this game, it's embarrassing.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 2, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

:smith:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Dig games should come with a counter of missed Kiwikid skillshots.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
TSM picked a sick korean get all the kills comp against team 8 and team 8 picked the most retarded trundle up mid babies first league team and beat them with it and since then tsm has been super conservative and all their games are boring. Thanks a lot team 8...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Kobe: "I hope they're going to back and buy a bunch of wards and spell out Gravity in midlane"

Edit: Okay that game was really boring and Xerath is the new Ziggs, but still, Gravity outplayed Dig in every facet of the game and basically played it as perfectly as possible. Good for them. Dig can burn in the fires of relegation.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 2, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I've been thinking about C9 since they've always been my favorite team even when they're struggling (gently caress ya'll nobody needs to get replaced, their team synergy is what makes them C9.) I think what's happened is that C9 has always relied on their much stronger TEAMPLAY which has really leveled up in NA over the last couple splits so their primary advantage is starting to erode out from under them. Hai keeps trying to play these flashy playmaker assassins when what he needs to do is be playing safe, waveclear utility mages. Hai is never going to style on Bjergson or even Pobelter and he needs to accept that and play something for his team.

Sneaky is the only one on C9 who's got All-star potential. He DOES have it, and C9 needs to plan around that instead of forcing SNEAKY to play the safe, waveclear marksman so that Hai can flounder on loving Leblanc. Put Sneaky on a bully and trust Lemon in the 2v2, stop laneswapping Sneaky, it makes him irrelevant for the first ten minutes and he's your best player.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Watching T8 - Coast now.

If Slooshie doesn't step up, how long until they switch Alex in? Slooshie looks pretty bad, honestly, giving up solo kills in lane to Jesiz of all midlaners.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Slooshie is probably that team's weak link, but Alex I think is pretty rusty. Still, it's hard to imagine him doing worse.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Calitrolz is a beast.

Edit: Then he overextends twice in a row, oh well.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 2, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Welp I guess it's fair to call Sneaky's Kalista OP. That was an absolute domination all on the back of one player. It reminds me of that one Samsung Blue game where Dade literally won every lane by himself as TF.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Slooshi has had some excellent games so far, I'm kind of curious as to how he's already been declared their weak link after four games? Team 8 is 2-2 which they have no business being as a brand new team playing against all squads with more experience, Slooshi dominated Bjergsen when they played TSM (and subsequently TSM's entire team) and Slooshi even had some great shockwaves in the game yesterday where he was way behind.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Slooshi has had some excellent games so far, I'm kind of curious as to how he's already been declared their weak link after four games? Team 8 is 2-2 which they have no business being as a brand new team playing against all squads with more experience, Slooshi dominated Bjergsen when they played TSM (and subsequently TSM's entire team) and Slooshi even had some great shockwaves in the game yesterday where he was way behind.

Eh, I was mostly commenting on his Kassadin play, which was pretty weak early game against Jesiz's Ahri. But he did perform well in the late game, so you're probably right.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Aphromoo is a god.

Edit: This play is disgusting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebOFSuceEU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

I am pretty excited for NA LCS. It's looking like another good season for TSM. It also looks like everyone else is up in the air which is exciting. I hope CLG maintains their success because Aphro is such a boss and a TSM CLG finals would be a fun throwback to simpler times.

Oh and since I'm watching the week 1 games now and they just reminded me, I'm glad that Cop and Bunnyfufu are back together. I felt so bad for Fufu when Curse got Xpecial something like 2 weeks after Fufu joined up.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 2, 2015

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I fully believe C9 will find themselves at some point this season and put in a run, until then it's a crapshoot with Liquid, TSM and CLG by the looks of things, with TSM probably now favourites.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I couldn't finish TSM - Winterfox, it was so boring, but TSM seems like they are in pretty okay shape right now.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 2, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
So CLG looks pretty good, and Link is playing really well. Hmm, I wonder how this story will end.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

I've been thinking about C9 since they've always been my favorite team even when they're struggling (gently caress ya'll nobody needs to get replaced, their team synergy is what makes them C9.) I think what's happened is that C9 has always relied on their much stronger TEAMPLAY which has really leveled up in NA over the last couple splits so their primary advantage is starting to erode out from under them. Hai keeps trying to play these flashy playmaker assassins when what he needs to do is be playing safe, waveclear utility mages. Hai is never going to style on Bjergson or even Pobelter and he needs to accept that and play something for his team.

Sneaky is the only one on C9 who's got All-star potential. He DOES have it, and C9 needs to plan around that instead of forcing SNEAKY to play the safe, waveclear marksman so that Hai can flounder on loving Leblanc. Put Sneaky on a bully and trust Lemon in the 2v2, stop laneswapping Sneaky, it makes him irrelevant for the first ten minutes and he's your best player.

I'm not sure about that. Sneaky is an excellent marksman, but C9 is very good at laneswaps, and consistently is getting ahead by 800+ gold on pure farm advantage early. I agree that Hai needs to play utility mages and focus on shotcalling, but even if Sneaky might win 2v2s I'm not convinced he'd win hard enough to outweigh the advantage C9 manages to pull from laneswap plays.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Hai is bad at utility mages. He plays best as an initiator/playmaker, he has always been extremely mediocre off those champions. I agree he's not playing well right now, but trying to fix it that way probably won't end that well.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

So CLG looks pretty good, and Link is playing really well. Hmm, I wonder how this story will end.

Dig beating CLG round 1 of the playoffs.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

Dig beating CLG round 1 of the playoffs.

Yeah, I was thinking relegation, but it's okay to shoot high.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Sneaky is an excellent marksman, but C9 is very good at laneswaps, and consistently is getting ahead by 800+ gold on pure farm advantage early.

This can't be driven home hard enough. Intelligent lane swap strategies have been one of C9's greatest strengths for ages, just about as long as goons have been yelling about how cowardly they are for not daring to live by the samurai code of honor in bot lane match ups. It's often much more than looking for a farm advantage. Lane swaps can tweak your power curve and map presence for favorable early/early mid game timings, They can protect both a weak or a particularly strong solo laner/ADC, and as understood lane swaps can dodge unwanted match ups. They're a low variance play compared to sometimes explosive and snowbally lanes. Good teams want to avoid risk, which is why more or less every good team does all this, C9 just more than most.

e: I don't know what to say about Hai. I probably think higher of him than most anyone in this thread, but he's obviously in a funk. Moving to utility mages sounds about as out of character as suggesting that to the Reginald of old. It just doesn't sound right, but something needs to happen sooner or later. It probbly won't happen with Leblanc, who I think is getting trampled and counter picked by the current hard engage-y meta shift.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 2, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxXMKEWCwD0

Free money for Faker

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Disinterested posted:

Hai is bad at utility mages. He plays best as an initiator/playmaker, he has always been extremely mediocre off those champions. I agree he's not playing well right now, but trying to fix it that way probably won't end that well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking this. Hai did well on assassins back at worlds and seeing all the, "Hai can't play assassins" has been confusing as hell.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I wonder if apdo can enter

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking this. Hai did well on assassins back at worlds and seeing all the, "Hai can't play assassins" has been confusing as hell.

Hai's Talon made an imprint on our souls that can never be erased

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's just felt like C9's comps have been losing the mid game really badly because they haven't got enough waveclear to protect their turrets from a 5 man group-up and it's kinda lovely to see that play out over and over again.

C9 is really good at laneswaps, no lie, but it gives the enemy carry as much free range as sneaky gets and when that enemy carry is aphro/lift or wildboys that is going to come back to haunt them later in the game because the midlane match is always a loss and toplaners in a laneswap are useless until 15+mins so Balls can't do poo poo either. There's plenty of bad botlanes in NA that sneakylemon could make completely irrelevant if they went head to head, instead of letting them farm up.

Hai always did well on Zed. Hai used to do really well on Kha'Zix. His Fizz has always been shaky and his Talon's garbage. I honestly forget if he was any good on pre-nerf Lebonk. I liked his Lissandra, and he's had some quite decent Orianna games (and some bad ones yes.) He just needs to play more champions in general, because he keeps getting nerfed out of the meta.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Disinterested posted:

That's not entirely fair, Hai was always really good at Lulu mid and he was the one who pioneered Soraka mid in mid Season 4. He's also usually a lot better at Orianna too, save for recently in the LCS (compare the first day of LCS play to San Jose for his Orianna play; he wasn't phenomenal at San Jose but he was at least competent). His assassin play on anything other than Zed has been abjectly terrible since All-Stars and the lung collapse though and he could probably shot call better and protect Sneaky better on utility/support mages or hell, at least Lissandra (which he looked good on on Saturday) than flailing around as Fizz/LeBlanc every game.

The real mystery is why Balls has fallen off. Hai lost a major organ at a really bad time but Balls just kinda randomly started derping around half the time.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 2, 2015

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Soraka and Lulu (especially Soraka) are not high-skillcap champions. Being OK at those is not really a thing. Orianna, Xerath, Nidalee are way more indicative. Hai has always historically shown low affinity for mages like Orianna, or poke mages. It's not necessarily that he has dreadful games on them - particularly since they're safer than his champions - but he is usually the C9 player to start poo poo, and they often suffer when he doesn't. He belongs on Fizz/LB/Zed/Riven/Talon, he's just in bad form.

If he doesn't play those champs, Meteos, Balls and Lemon have to get better at initiating and playmaking.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Looking at stats and I just can't stop laughing at Lustboy being 4th best in the league for KDA. Maybe not as funny as Keith being first though.

Edit: Got distracted by the above but then I remembered why I was looking at stats: why are people piling on Hai and Balls but not Meteos? Meteos was unquestionably the best jungler in NA pretty much since he entered the LCS, but as of right now he is performing worse than every other jungler besides Saint Vicious (of course).

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 2, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
King Vicious is back in the jungle :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Failboattootoot posted:

What makes you say he did well on assassins at worlds? C9 played 11 games at worlds; they lost 4 of the 6 games Hai played assassins, and won 3 of the 5 games he played anything else. And yeah he was 0 for 3 with Talon which is what people especially remember.

mistaya posted:

I honestly forget if he was any good on pre-nerf Lebonk
5 wins 1 loss in the 2014 spring split.

His stats are here if anyone's interested: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/Hai/Statistics

victorious fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 2, 2015

• Locked thread