Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

smackfu posted:

Dumb question, I thought there was a previous plot that ended with her realizing she loved animals. Whatever happened with that?

She went to veterinarian school and then quit for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SaltLick posted:

It would be pretty baller to eat sushi of my own fish

Doesn't Aziz Ansari have some bit in his stand-up comedy about watching Jay-Z pay for his own vodka in his own club? I feel like that scene was a callback to that

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

DarklyDreaming posted:

Doesn't Aziz Ansari have some bit in his stand-up comedy about watching Jay-Z pay for his own vodka in his own club? I feel like that scene was a callback to that

I thought the same thing, even down to the level of vague recollection.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Chairman Capone posted:

Actually she only got into Veterinarian school and then never went (except orientation) for reasons.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

King of Foolians posted:

Actually she only got into Veterinarian school and then never went (except orientation) for reasons.

Cause college is just as boring and full of pointless homework as high school, April of all characters wouldn't stick around for that poo poo

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe

Chairman Capone posted:

It wasn't in Pawnee and she didn't want to be away from Andy? That is my recollection.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Anyone else think Craig's character is a lot better this season? Dr. Richard Nygard has done some good work.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
They're blue-balling us until a full-throttle Craig tirade can give me the full release I crave.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

swickles posted:

Anyone else think Craig's character is a lot better this season? Dr. Richard Nygard has done some good work.

I previously found him annoying and grating, but I think he's great this season.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Pope Guilty posted:

I previously found him annoying and grating, but I think he's great this season.

Craig was like the Saperstein twins in that he was good for a joke or two every few episodes, but couldn't be overused. It's good that they rehabbed his character so it wasn't too easy to overplay him.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

grilldos posted:

They're blue-balling us until a full-throttle Craig tirade can give me the full release I crave.

SHE DROVE ME HERE!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

inthesto posted:

Craig was like the Saperstein twins in that he was good for a joke or two every few episodes, but couldn't be overused. It's good that they rehabbed his character so it wasn't too easy to overplay him.

Jean-Ralphio is my favorite character on the show without question.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Awesome Animals posted:

"Thank god my grandpa just passed, cuz I'm fluuuuuush with cash!"

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Awesome Animals posted:

Ben Schwartz is awesome like that. Every time I watch House of Lies and Jenny Slate is on, I'm kind of bummed they don't lapse into the Sapersteins.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Technically I'm hoooooomeless!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

HEY MAN THAT'S MY SISTER

:colbert:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CommaToes posted:

The future jokes are all very funny. I like how they're doing this.

There was a bit of a swerve in attitudes between the two episodes though. It went from "Let's Take These Mothers Down" to "We Found A Prime Real Estate Opportunity For You And Did All The Work To Ensure It's Possible" pretty quickly.

"Not tonight! Khaleesi is going to marry Jack Sparrow! Game of Thrones has gotten really weird"

"I told you just read the books and it all makes sense!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pentyne posted:

"Not tonight! Khaleesi is going to marry Jack Sparrow! Game of Thrones has gotten really weird"

"I told you just read the books and it all makes sense!"

The joke here is that the books will ever be written! Layers upon layers!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

PittTheElder posted:

Ben Schwartz is awesome like that. Every time I watch House of Lies and Jenny Slate is on, I'm kind of bummed they don't lapse into the Sapersteins.

Jenny Slate's character, Sarah, is closer to Mona Lisa than Ben Slate's character is on that show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This scene was awesome

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Awesome Animals posted:

Step 1: We buy into the club.
Step 2: We roll over to the club, either in your Mercedes-Benz or my pre-owned Acura Legend.
Step 3:: I dagger you on the dancefloor. Just bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. :whatup:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Mayor Murray appointing Jean Ralphio as a replacement for Councilman Dexhart.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just watched the last half of season 6 and the beginning of season 7. Goddamn this show has gone off the rails.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

NESguerilla posted:

Just watched the last half of season 6 and the beginning of season 7. Goddamn this show has gone off the rails.

I don't see how you can't see a marked improvement from most of season 6 to the season 6 finale/this season so far.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda crappy news - only one episode this week, NBC schedule has the 2nd half of the hour showing a re-run of the s7 premiere.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kinda crappy news - only one episode this week, NBC schedule has the 2nd half of the hour showing a re-run of the s7 premiere.

Weird, because for at least the past two weeks, my MythTV schedule has shown it as an episode named "Ms. Ludgate-Dwyer Goes to Washington", and that hasn't changed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Not sure which of you is right but in any case with 13 episodes and the finale being a two-parter (or at least listed as episode 12/13), it looks like we are going to get a night with only one episode at some point anyway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Weird, because for at least the past two weeks, my MythTV schedule has shown it as an episode named "Ms. Ludgate-Dwyer Goes to Washington", and that hasn't changed.

I got the original info from TV Cal and then went to NBC.con to double check.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

NESguerilla posted:

If you read the books it makes sense!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

KurdtLives posted:

I don't see how you can't see a marked improvement from most of season 6 to the season 6 finale/this season so far.

Can you please explain what was funny about any of the 'treat yo'self' stuff from this week?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Can you please explain what was funny about any of the 'treat yo'self' stuff from this week?

Joe being baffled by it. The shoes from Hitch II.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Irish Joe posted:

The entire thing.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Josh Groban eating his own sushi.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Tom and Donna being douchey and hilarious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Irish Joe posted:

What the gently caress

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Irish Joe posted:

Irish Joe continues to be the dumbest poster in TVIV lmao what a dope

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Macaluso posted:

What the gently caress

I didn't find it funny either, but that's mostly because I dislike Tom as a character.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tom used to be great, but like every other character on the show he's become such an over the top caricature of himself he's just grating most of the time.

This show reminds me so much of the office when it jumped the shark. Every character just gets completely over the top and can't have one line that isn't a mediocre predicable joke, big over the top stories, celebrity cameos all over the place... At least Park and Rec still has some funny parts which is more than I can say for the office, but they should have canned it when they ran out of good ideas a couple of years ago.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

NESguerilla posted:

Tom used to be great, but like every other character on the show he's become such an over the top caricature of himself he's just grating most of the time.

I'd say its closer to The Simpsons and their attempts to base episodes around one-note characters like Barney, Moe and The Comic Book Guy. Its perfectly fine for a character to have one note so long as you don't try to write a symphony with it. The show is about Leslie and the P&R office, and Tom, Donna, Ron, et al should only exist within that sphere because once you take those characters out of the office and try to build a storyline around them, it becomes blindingly obvious how shallow and boring they actually are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NESguerilla posted:

This show reminds me so much of the office when it jumped the shark. Every character just gets completely over the top and can't have one line that isn't a mediocre predicable joke, big over the top stories, celebrity cameos all over the place... At least Park and Rec still has some funny parts which is more than I can say for the office, but they should have canned it when they ran out of good ideas a couple of years ago.

Tom has always been over the top, everything he has done with Jean Ralphio since season 2 has been ridiculously unrealistic. The only feasible scheme from them was Jean Ralphio's insurance scam. Okay maybe Tom's greencard marriage.

Tom "jumped the shark" since Entertainment 720.

• Locked thread