Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

beato posted:

Judging by the butthurt responses I'm guessing you guys are fans of the team that scored the least blerns.

Here's a funny picture. :tipshat:

Looks like he left the date off the right side so he can put in "year they win".

Way to hedge your bet bad tattoo haver guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

For those of you who dont know anything about sports. For the guy in the gif its like if you clicked with your greasy Cheeto covered fingers a link that was supposed to download all the animes. You turn away to sip your mountain dew only to turn and see that this download has a virus that, in fact, deletes all animes. You try to stop it but the girth of your arms prevents you from stopping it in time. All of it is gone.

There that should give you some perspective.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oh, now I get it.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

:raise:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Hihohe posted:

For those of you who dont know anything about sports. For the guy in the gif its like if you clicked with your greasy Cheeto covered fingers a link that was supposed to download all the animes. You turn away to sip your mountain dew only to turn and see that this download has a virus that, in fact, deletes all animes. You try to stop it but the girth of your arms prevents you from stopping it in time. All of it is gone.

Once had a friend explain "offside" using a WoW raid scenario, it was very educational, but I still find football dull (Aussie rules is pretty good though).

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Pyro Fox posted:

This seems appropriate:

haha apehoop, racism sure is funny

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

Looks like he left the date off the right side so he can put in "year they win".

Way to hedge your bet bad tattoo haver guy.

But it says "Back to Back" at the top.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Acne Rain posted:

haha apehoop, racism sure is funny

that comic is mocking racists

satire, as always, is completely impossible with most people

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

you don't understand, all imagery of apes in any context is racist

e: and promoting ape culture

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Nostradingus posted:

e: and promoting appropriating ape culture

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Je suis fatigue posted:

e: and promoting appropriating ape culture

ape-propriating

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

trigger warning: ape

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

The 4chan brand of ironic satire is really really dumb and lazy and not really ironic at all

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hihohe posted:

Oooooh. Wow, no wonder the other sportsball team was so upset.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Krowley posted:

The 4chan brand of ironic satire is really really dumb and lazy and not really ironic at all

That's not what that is. The comic is literally saying "people on /sp are racists who think it is funny to make ironic racist jokes about basketball players".

I feel like I'm in crazy world. None of the comics depicts the opinion of the person who created it. Every single line is a parody of the beliefs of other people.

edit: I cannot believe that Jonathan Swift seriously thinks we should eat babies, eating babies is wrong!

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

That's not what that is. The comic is literally saying "people on /sp are racists who think it is funny to make ironic racist jokes about basketball players".

I feel like I'm in crazy world. None of the comics depicts the opinion of the person who created it. Every single line is a parody of the beliefs of other people.

edit: I cannot believe that Jonathan Swift seriously thinks we should eat babies, eating babies is wrong!

hmm yes sports are dumb and black people are kinda like monkeys

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

theflyingorc posted:

Not disagreeing nessecarily, but that's certainly not true for Icefight. That's a pretty fair representation of hockey, and a huge portion of the fans are totally on board.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I loving Love American Soccer

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

You are defending the depiction of blacks as apes only because it's satire and you think its funny. There was a hell of a lot more to A Modest Proposal than dead baby jokes. This may be satire but if they only point is "These people think this!" it is probably still distasteful to draw a black man as a gorilla.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Modern Day Hercules posted:

You are defending the depiction of blacks as apes only because it's satire and you think its funny. There was a hell of a lot more to A Modest Proposal than dead baby jokes. This may be satire but if they only point is "These people think this!" it is probably still distasteful to draw a black man as a gorilla.

Not all basketball players are black, you loving racist.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

you might say 'he stole the footy'

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009

Ahahholy poo poo who the gently caress cares shut up f*g

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

KILLALLNERDS.EXE posted:

Ahahholy poo poo who the gently caress cares shut up f*g

fag

it's fag

fag fag lovely lovely fag fag

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Earnestly complaining about distasteful things on a site called Something Awful. Top notch posting.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Every time someone says "sportsball" or "handegg" I hear "I'm proud to be ignorant" because not only is willful ignorance some kind of nerd badge of honor but they're also loving stupid for thinking it's funny

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Black people

Sports

Et cetera

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Hmmm, IronicDiet Racism. All the calories, none of the satire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyin6uipy4

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Trillest Parrot posted:

Every time someone says "sportsball" or "handegg" I hear "I'm proud to be ignorant" because not only is willful ignorance some kind of nerd badge of honor but they're also loving stupid for thinking it's funny

Handegg is at least poking fun at the goofy football vs soccer names.

Sportsball is just what you're saying though.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I know it's crazy, but it is possible to know about American football but ALSO laugh at the term 'handegg'

What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

quote:

The shape is called an oval (the word `oval' comes from the Latin word for egg, and means `having the shape of an egg')

quote:

The reason a football bounces so strangely is because of its shape. A football is a prolate spheroid,

:goonsay:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What what, old chaps? Anyone up for some eggy run? I'll just need to fetch my head rumper and we're good to go.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paladinus posted:

What what, old chaps? Anyone up for some eggy run? I'll just need to fetch my head rumper and we're good to go.

Odds-bodskins man! You forgot your paddy-jack to keep your ribticklers safe from roughhousing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Earnestly complaining about distasteful things on a site called Something Awful. Top notch posting.

Yeah, loving PC fun police amirite? Don't you know it's hilarious to post :airquote:ironic:airquote: discriminatory stuff, dweeb? :smug:

Seriously though, I get that the site is called Something Awful but surely we can keep that poo poo to 4chan.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Just going to pretend I didn't honestly think Europeans called American football hand egg.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

what a surprise idiots in this thread dont know what satire is
please continue bitching about jokes you dont get

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009

mng posted:

fag

it's fag

fag fag lovely lovely fag fag

Cheers! But please don't sign your posts.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KILLALLNERDS.EXE posted:

Cheers! But please don't sign your posts.

:iceburn:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mng posted:

I know it's crazy, but it is possible to know about American football but ALSO laugh at the term 'handegg'

What the gently caress is wrong with you people
Not only is "hand egg" dumb, it is also not very original. Here's a letter to the editor from 1909.

The New York Times

“Hand-Egg,” Not Football

To the Editor of The New York Times:
Football is certainly a misnomer, for the game is played not with the feet but with the hands, and the ball is not a ball but an egg.

I propose that the game be played with the feet and with a ball, or else that it be called “hand-egg.”

OBSERVER. New York, Nov. 7, 1909.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

• Locked thread