Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
my W520 is very needs suiting

big, fast, silent (unless I leave firefox running for too long)

only complaint is that the nubbly covering on the trackpad has worn away unevenly

called lenovo tech support, they fedexed me a new palmrest / fingerprint reader / speaker cover at 0 charge

haven't installed it yet because gently caress fixing thiungs that ain't broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

where can I buy a thinkpad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm sold, it's truly the laptop solution for me, an idiot

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I got a peer reviewed studY here , and I'm sorry to say . To all the thinkpad owners itt that it turns out instead of being good, they're actually poo poo

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

I got a peer reviewed studY here , and I'm sorry to say . To all the thinkpad owners itt that it turns out instead of being good, they're actually poo poo

and what about the thinkpads lollll

pram
Jun 10, 2001
LOL

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
my old t60 is just about at the point of death ;_; i will remember you, last piece of hardware with an ibm logo i will ever own

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

As a Millennial I posted:

it does have this unlabeled button next to the audio controls which does nothing when i press it though :pwn:

now what button which needs to have a piece of poo poo lenovo software installed to actually do something could that possibly be :confused:

removing the thinkvantage button was the one accidental good thing coming out of the removal of all the top row buttons on the *40 series (we must have more unused space over the keyboard because reasons).

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

uncovering a lotta dyp itt

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Blotto Skorzany posted:

my old t60 is just about at the point of death ;_; i will remember you, last piece of hardware with an ibm logo i will ever own

i can't believe they shipped 1024x768 screens longer than apple did

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
t60 was 1400x1050

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Blotto Skorzany posted:

t60 was 1400x1050

unironically a better resolution than 1366 x 768

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm going to use this thinkpad until it literally falls apart because once it does it'll be replaced by a loving dell

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

i'm going to use this thinkpad until it literally falls apart because once it does it'll be replaced by a loving dell

:agreed:

The X301 was the only good Thinkpad ultrabook.

Build a laptop that's completely identical except for a modern CPU and USB 3, and it will be as light as a X1 and have better features than a T450s

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 3, 2015

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
x220 still going strong (replaced dead fan and upgraded to ssd)

gave it to mom she loves it (until i eventually get her a mba)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i still use my t420 and i like it a lot; it has room for both an SSD and a regular 2.5" HDD so i get the best of both worlds

also it let me install 16gb of ram even though the specs listed 8gb as the max

i never had the gpu desolder itself from the motherboard that someone else said was a problem with this model; maybe cuz i opted to spend a bit more and chose the nvidia gpu instead of the intel? idk

my only complaint is it seems like it should run a bit faster for a core i7 @ 2.7ghz. Maybe it's some half-assed "laptop version" of the i7 or something i have no idea

poo poo trackpad is meaningless to me; nubbin for life

pram
Jun 10, 2001
to those who dont know. the laptop referenced above has a literal light built in. as if its 1998

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i know, it owns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hello grandfather, can i preload your websites for you? perhaps print out your emails?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
"it sure would be useless to be able to use this laptop's built-in LED light to read things other than just keys" - a buffoon

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

"it sure would be useless to be able to use this laptop's built-in LED light to read things other than just keys" - a buffoon

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

all arguments are defensive, when you think about it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
lol im defending nothing; i researched for weeks before buying the laptop and had 30 days to return it if i didnt like it, not to mention i have no interest in current thinkpad's and their new horrible changes

if anything, i like this laptop more now than i did when i first bought it. i could have ended up with one of those newer ones with chicklet keys :stonklol:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OH MY GOD

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the t420 is going to be the Panasonic Plasma/XBox 360 with old dashboard of the laptop world. Can probably sell this fucker for a profit in 5 years :smug:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i really like my t440 but i miss the heck outta the thinklight

backlit keys are always a bad idea and laffeaux at anyone who bought a laptop with such a feature

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah i wonder why cellphones dont use a retarded led light, instead of backlit keys? ?? / ?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

cellphones with keys? :pwn:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

freal though does it have something to do with the water resistant keyboard

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol at buying a product expecting to make use of the return period

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
posting an ASUS ROG monster lappy with a 17.1" screen that doesnt fit in any bag smaller than the $6 trader joes canvas greocery bag

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

as a youth I'd crank the brightness on my macbook and tilt the screen forward to see my keyboard

when I grew older, I learned where all the keys were, and no longer needed a light

then I grew older still, and learned that there's never a good reason to use a laptop in the dark anyway

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

yeah i wonder why cellphones dont use a retarded led light, instead of backlit keys? ?? / ?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

my parking guy had this phone and it was pretty ftw but now he has a android phone and has the internet for the first time which is way more ftw than a flashlight and guess what hes my facebook friend now

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

:)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

my parking guy had this phone and it was pretty ftw but now he has a android phone and has the internet for the first time which is way more ftw than a flashlight and guess what hes my facebook friend now

what kinda stuff does he post on facebook

also what is a "parking guy"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hie valet, duh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

what kinda stuff does he post on facebook

also what is a "parking guy"

BONGHITZ posted:

hie valet, duh

ya @ my work he parks teh cars in the lot. for the patrons, not the staff. i work at a entertainment venue (mopping floors, licking the piss trough, gettging kneed in the stomach an sucking cock in the alley for jock MBA bro pleasure, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Smythe posted:

ya @ my work he parks teh cars in the lot. for the patrons, not the staff. i work at a entertainment venue (mopping floors, licking the piss trough, gettging kneed in the stomach an sucking cock in the alley for jock MBA bro pleasure, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mV9UHYy8t0

• Locked thread