Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Well GBS, parents! We've all got them - and some of us get on with them better than others! This is the thread for posting the absolutely WORST thing your parent or parents have ever done to you. Missed birthdays, unfair punishments, unsolicited criticism - it all goes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
my parents forgot what day summer camp ended so my borhter and i ended up walking in on them dressed up in diapers w/ poo poo all over themselves and the wall and when we were disgusted they said this is what we put them through

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My parents are pretty cool but one time when I was a kid my mom was beating me with a wooden spoon and it broke. I thought I had beaten the system but oh no, she started jabbing me in the rear end with the jagged end which was way worse

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Didn't give me up for adoption.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

mookface posted:

My parents are pretty cool but one time when I was a kid my mom was beating me with a wooden spoon and it broke. I thought I had beaten the system but oh no, she started jabbing me in the rear end with the jagged end which was way worse

is your mom adrian peterson?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my parents murdered me

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

is your mom adrian peterson?

yes my mom is adrian peterson

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Please excuse my gay fail son from idiot lessons today as he has the farts.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Whipped me with a belt for breaking the cookie jar. My brother decided to stand in the way and take the beating in my stead.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Whipped me with a belt for breaking the cookie jar. My brother decided to stand in the way and take the beating in my stead.

what a good brother but how are you going to learn your lesson

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I really wanted a 330i for my 16th birthday but they only bought me a 325i. It really hurt my feelings until I got an SC430 for high school graduation.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

I really wanted a 330i for my 16th birthday but they only bought me a 325i. It really hurt my feelings until I got an SC430 for high school graduation.

heartless monsters some people should just never have kids

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
They conceived me, but I'll get even. Go all Eddy Gien on 'em and dig their asses up.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Covok posted:

That's a really awesome bro, even if your parents were poo poo. :(

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

raised me to mistrust everyone and installed in me such a strong sense of irony that i am now incapable of enjoying anything

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
physically - nothing really. i would get "spankings" sometimes from my dad when i was a kid for really bad behavior. open hand though at least not a belt or anything else like that.

otherwise - ruined my credit without my knowledge. this is way worse than getting spanked let me tell you...

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

got me a furby for my 13th birthday and i cried

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Also now that I've been think about it, those fucker read me the abridged version of moby dick four bedtime storey. Smdh

stump collector
May 28, 2007
MY DAD GAVE ME DOG BACON AND TOLD ME IT WAS REAL

IT FUCKIN SUCKED

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Got me n64 games for Christmas but hid the actual system until the very end... I was like Santa r u retarded

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
actually lemme retract my previous post since i thought of something worse:

my dad ruined the best spoiler reveal of all time by introducing me to the Star Wars OT out of order (IV > VI > V). apparently he couldn't read roman numerals on the boxes at BlockBuster.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

Seriously, don't have a kid until your loving ready. 325i my rear end.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

got me a furby for my 13th birthday and i cried

please tells us you saved that furby and all it can do is cry like you

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

exethan posted:

MY DAD GAVE ME DOG BACON AND TOLD ME IT WAS REAL

IT FUCKIN SUCKED

:lol: wanna meet that dad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

That's a really awesome bro, even if your parents were poo poo. :(

I was not gonna respond to any replies to this earlier, but my mother was...not in the right state of mind at the time. She was on some substances that changed how she acted. When she finally got off them, she really turned around and, with time, me and my brother forgave her for what happened. In all honestly, neither me or my brother hold anything against her anymore and understand the situation. So, I don't really want anymore to call her or my father poo poo.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

they just didn't understand

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

my dad made me read all the ayn rand novels when i was in middle school

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

my dad made me read all the ayn rand novels when i was in middle school

lol for real

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

lol for real

i guess he didnt make me but its like encouraging your kid into something like radical islam or nazi worship

edit: my family went on a road trip from dallas to washington dc listening to the audiobook of atlas shrugged

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

i guess he didnt make me but its like encouraging your kid into something like radical islam or nazi worship

are your parents hardcore libertarians

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

are your parents hardcore libertarians

my dad is/was now hes just a diabetic republican / freeper style conspiracy theorist

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

my dad is/was now hes just a diabetic republican / freeper style conspiracy theorist

you guys must get along famously

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
why are people realposting itt?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I asked my dad why he wasn't saving up for me to go to college. He laughed for a solid 20 seconds, then went back to drinking his beer without a single word.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Bought me a Nintendo.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

you guys must get along famously

we actually get along pretty well hes cool

Doctor J Off posted:

why are people realposting itt?

irony gets boring after awhile!! havent you read uh.. infinite jest?? isnt that what that book is about? i dont know ive never read that poo poo

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
the worst thing they did was not abort me and not murder they are selfs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Created a conscious entity that ended up reading GBS threads.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Guavanaut posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

I was going to say, gave me life, but you beat me to it.

• Locked thread