Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Scrree posted:

This was really helpful when I did a reread up to the latest chapter, but I noticed one mistake you made/character you missed.

Flor's Son isn't Fuuta's Brother reincarnated, but has the same face as Elia (the dude that Carol dates) from the sixth life:

I don't think he's shown up in the present time yet, but he might show up as a love interest for Nono since they seemed to be hitting it off before the world exploded.

Glad it was helpful, I've updated it to reflect your correction. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Hahaha now we're talking

Spirit Circle 32 on Crunchyroll :getin:

I like that we get a few more details teased about Fortuna. Sounds like he's playing the long game, hanging out outside of causality (?) peeping at his reincarnations and pulling their strings when he can, waiting for an opportunity and/or gathering mojo so he can pull off some kind of big play.

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 3, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm only on page 14 and I've already said "what the hell!?" out loud like three times.
So we're not just moving back and forth in time but possibly into parallel worlds to? That's totally what he was saying right?

E: I should just keep reading :downs:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 3, 2015

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This is a very confusing chapter. I'm a little uncomfortable with a curveball this size being thrown this late in the series, but hey, let's roll with it and see where it goes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't remember the last time a manga revealed so much and yet so little. And ludicrously casually at that.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Kind of spergy but this is driving me insane and I must ensure safe delivery of puns: "Syowa era" is a misreading on CR's part (CUALITY™) of "Showa era". Showa was the period lasting 1926-1989 by the traditional Japanese calendar, the fictional year of "showa 91" would fall in 2017.
Showa is usually spelled with characters for "shining" and "peace", but Fuuko's *~shifted reality~* uses a phonetically identical spelling with slightly different characters meaning "shining" and "ring". Seen anything that matches that description before? :v:

ps lmao at leaving in a "(?)" from the rough draft and just slapping a bracket around the alien-language lines instead of actually trying to be interesting (were hand lettered and then crossed out in the original)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

I can't remember the last time a manga revealed so much and yet so little. And ludicrously casually at that.

And hilariously

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Kind of spergy
You weren't kiddin'

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What the heck was that all about?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

What the heck was that all about?
Aliens decide to spend a weekend camping on earth, but since everything they know about Earth comes from television broadcasts they didn't realize that houses were supposed to have 4 walls and a ceiling.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Translating a hime cut into boy hair makes me want to vomit.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Captain Invictus posted:

You weren't kiddin'

you dont have to get mad just cause I interrupted your reply snipe

stole these from another site, a work in progress and missing a few minute additions we covered in this thread, but a pretty slick visual aid:

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 3, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well that was a ballsy direction to go in. Too bad that's it for that life, there are obviously a lot of other potential storylines that could have developed from it. I guess that was sort of the point though, that it was mostly mundane and uneventful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

you dont have to get mad just cause I interrupted your reply snipe
Literally frothing with rage that you got in the way of a quick phonepost with your weird self-admitted nitpickery

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
It's happening...

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Man I don't even know what to make of that chapter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not quite as exciting as the last Spirit Circle, but here's Sengoku Youko 66.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Man that set the stage for some big fights to happen, gonna be great.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

New Spirit Circle

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=663&chapter_num=33.00

next chapter is fortuna, whoo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Magical Marie finally makes her reappearance.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That Fortuna created a diagram to express the dimensions of time and space (And possibly even calculated those dimensions) and is feared by both aliens in parallel dimensions and ghosts in the future doesn't bode particularly well for Koko's big plan to get rid of him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

Magical Marie finally makes her reappearance.

Speaking of that, I've read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer a bunch, but only just noticed this time around that Yayoi is cosplaying as Magical Mary's nemesis Radical Merry in chapter 24. I guess I never looked all that closely at what she was actually wearing before.

Edit: Wow! Holy poo poo that Spirit Circle chapter's mood changed on a dime.
:ohdear: and :supaburn:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 9, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a kitten posted:

Edit: Wow! Holy poo poo that Spirit Circle chapter's mood changed on a dime.
:ohdear: and :supaburn:
that is how mizukami do

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Normally I'd consider this things coming to a head and ending soon since we're finally gonna see the mystery that started this whole mess from chapter one, but given mizukami, fortuna's deal alone is gonna be a good depth of material, and we haven't met spacefista-whatever in present and I really feel like we're gonna get some quality time there too. So hell yeah, I'm ready for this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Like Biscuit Hammer, Spirit Circle definitely seems to have the sense of having a clear destination in mind from the very start and it wouldn't surprise if we were heading into an endgame. My prediction though is that after we get through Fortuna's life the story will start to revisit the other lives again so that Fuuta can fix them one way or another. Otherwise why introduce the concept of parallel worlds and time machines?

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Meanwhile in Italy

:911:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ughhhhhh why isn't that poo poo coming out here? Come on US manga publishes! :argh:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Quidnose posted:

Ughhhhhh why isn't that poo poo coming out here? Come on US manga publishes! :argh:

Maybe we'll luck out if the Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer books sell decently :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New Sengoku Youko

I can't even remember why the dorky little monster wants to kill Senya but he's been consistently good for a laugh.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

New Sengoku Youko

I can't even remember why the dorky little monster wants to kill Senya but he's been consistently good for a laugh.

Oh man what a team up in that cave :allears:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Oh man what a team up in that cave :allears:

Looking forward to more opportunities for Douren to trash things while getting trashed

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

New Sengoku Youko

I was just thinking that the last time we saw him.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 15, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And again

That was like FMA's "bonding over muscles" scene.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We've got our first Fortuna chapter.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love Spirit Circle so much.

I really appreciate its portrayal of things going terribly, terribly wrong even with every actor involved having decent intentions. Honestly, the sense of inevitable tragedy is so strong that I find myself doubting if Fuuta can break the circle.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Rei, huh? No way that's not going to be a thing later, I'm sure.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Nate RFB posted:

Rei, huh? No way that's not going to be a thing later, I'm sure.

Just as interesting is that Fortuna was so quick to change it (either East is an idiot or his reason for changing her name is bullshit), makes me wonder if he already has some amount of knowledge of his future-past lives.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Hello friends, another blast from the Mizukami past with GekoGeko chapter six: The Great Natsugorou

As a reminder, this is basically a collection of oneshots that followed Sanjin Sadou. We are still pre-Biscuit Hammer at this point, I believe.

One of the thing I really like about Mizukami's works is the cavalier nonchalance with which many of his characters deal with the supernatural. Its not that they're just that adaptable, or real cool cucumbers, just that ghosts and demons and spirits and dragons and god knows that else are a fact of life in their world, and they're more or less used to it. His dialog reminds me of Kevin Smith scripts sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

Just as interesting is that Fortuna was so quick to change it (either East is an idiot or his reason for changing her name is bullshit), makes me wonder if he already has some amount of knowledge of his future-past lives.

Given that one of the lives seen was a future one, it's not entirely unreasonable to believe that Fortuna has done the same thing his present day incarnation has done and peeked at his various incarnations.