Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Irish Joe posted:

I haven't watched Arrow, but didn't it take him two years to figure out Deathstroke was his island buddy?

Nope, because Deathstroke wasn't in Starling City during the first season. And when he does show up in S2, Ollie pieces it together pretty reasonably fast, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why is there even a loving winter break? Winter breaks are the worst loving idea in the history of ever.

Generally, it's because these days it usually takes at least 8 days or more to produce one episode.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If there was no winter break, then the break between seasons would just be longer. I think it's such a silly thing to get mad about.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Every season should be 52 episodes. No breaks. Ever.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

Every season should be 52 episodes. No breaks. Ever.

Perhaps "Days of Our Lives" would be more up your alley!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Azhais posted:

Perhaps "Days of Our Lives" would be more up your alley!

Peggy Carter ain't got poo poo on Bo & Hope

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Marvel WW2 had blacks serving in front line combat units too, so in this world, racism didn't exist.

Yes I am aware there were all black combat units, but mixed race units? Hah!

The complaint I saw was that for being a mini series, it doesn't have a real over reaching plot. I find that odd because there's at least 3 plots going on that I can name; clearing Starks Name, who Leviatian is and what up with Dotty. Admittedly the last one has been only in the last 2 episodes but its still an over reaching plot.

Something that i am hoping is that the person on the other end of the typewriter is Zemo 1, as we know a Zemo is in an upcoming movie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToastyPotato posted:

Nope, because Deathstroke wasn't in Starling City during the first season. And when he does show up in S2, Ollie pieces it together pretty reasonably fast, all things considered.

To be fair, Slade shows up at his house, with a world class poo poo eating grin.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rocksicles posted:

To be fair, Slade shows up at his house, with a world class poo poo eating grin.

And the manliest handshake.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At first we don't know Slade is a bad guy because the flashback with him at that point have him being Ollie's BFF.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

How long does it take for a studio to film an episode for a show like SHIELD, Flash or Arrow?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pretty sure amell says 5 days for his show, but that might be just filming.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

twistedmentat posted:

At first we don't know Slade is a bad guy because the flashback with him at that point have him being Ollie's BFF.

Except for the episode where he showed up again as a ghost made it clear that their last meeting was not on good terms.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phylodox posted:

And the manliest handshake.

Wilson you SON OF A BITCH! :haw:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's frequently around a week to shoot an episode but it varies a lot, and that doesn't include pre-/post-production time etc.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
New Dottie scene.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=670536753045932

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another promo for the next episode. It's not viewable where I live, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvXXxS8FnJA

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
use the hola plugin on chrome

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Another promo for the next episode. It's not viewable where I live, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvXXxS8FnJA

That's definitely more explicit about all the Black Widow stuff.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Hey, when Daredevil drops in April, are we just gonna use this thread or make a new one?

God I hope it's better than Affleck...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Hey, when Daredevil drops in April, are we just gonna use this thread or make a new one?

I'd prefer to see a "Marvel's Netflix series" thread, but I'm way too lazy to make it myself.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That would get a bit hectic to talk about it in this thread. We should definitely have a new one, especially since the TVIV Netflix Rules would apply (i.e. a no spoiler tags policy when the whole season goes up at once).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trust in DeKnight!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I vote for a dedicated marvel netflix series thread when we get more trailers and info for the Daredevil series. As of now there really isn't much.

The only thing i'm dissapointed is DD not having either Elektra or Typhoid Mary as female protagonists.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 2, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm leery about his Dread Pirate Robets costume...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

The only thing i'm dissapointed is DD not having either Elektra or Typhoid Mary as female protagonists.

Because what we all really needed was another terrible rehash of Frank Miller's DD run. I'm fine with Daredevil getting a chance to be Daredevil without all the stupid baggage.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

I'm leery about his Dread Pirate Robets costume...

Every night Stick would say, "Good night, Murdock. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Azhais posted:

Every night Stick would say, "Good night, Murdock. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

And suddenly, I want to see this!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
More rumors of AoS and Age of Ultron crossover. Latest one says May, Skye/Daisy, and Coulson might have a slight role in the film.

Personally, I just want to watch the team's reaction to Coulson still being alive seeing as none of them know yet. Well, if Sif kept her word at least.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-2-May-Include-3-Unexpected-Characters-69531.html

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Irish Joe posted:

Because what we all really needed was another terrible rehash of Frank Miller's DD run. I'm fine with Daredevil getting a chance to be Daredevil without all the stupid baggage.

So remove all the things that made him popular.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

More rumors of AoS and Age of Ultron crossover. Latest one says May, Skye/Daisy, and Coulson might have a slight role in the film.

Personally, I just want to watch the team's reaction to Coulson still being alive seeing as none of them know yet. Well, if Sif kept her word at least.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-2-May-Include-3-Unexpected-Characters-69531.html

I don't think a rumor whose sole source is someone calling himself "marvel intern" on Reddit should be taken too seriously.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Barry Convex posted:

I don't think a rumor whose sole source is someone calling himself "marvel intern" on Reddit should be taken too seriously.

Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me if the latest super-powered person in the MCU had some kind of role in Age.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me if the latest super-powered person in the MCU had some kind of role in Age.

If the rumor about Cap putting together a new Avengers team, I could see Coulson coming in with Daisy saying she should be a recruit. Another thing is they could filmed a scene for AOS of Coulson introducing Daisy to the Avengers.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Jerusalem posted:

Wilson you SON OF A BITCH! :haw:

Holy poo poo, I just realized he was a castaway on an island for years and his only friend was...

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Read through the whole Reddit thread with that dude... yeah, there's no loving way that a company as secretive as Marvel would have given an intern/PA access to all that info, let alone done so without making him sign an NDA. Bullshit senses tingling.

Some of his info sounds semi-plausible, some of it is fanfic-level (like Absorbing Man, Abomination, and Justin Hammer having secret roles in defeating Ultron).

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 3, 2015

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its probably going to be something in the post credits teaser leading up to the Inhumans movie in 2018 if it is true.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I didn't read any spoilers but my guess would be post credits as well. Given what Cap 3 is going to be about, I can totally see them cameoing the AOS people in an end tag that mostly sells Cap 3, while featuring AOS since the show will probably be consumed by those events at some point anyway. I mean, they need to address that SHIELD still exists at some point in the movies anyway and a cheap end tag seems like the most realistic way to do it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
A few of you were mentioning the Netflix series, the Daredevil preview trailer will go up tomorrow:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/first-daredevil-footage-debuts-teaser-trailer-coming-wednesday-on-ign?abthid=54d108eb33c9e3d161000009

I believe that will be the first official footage released to the public.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, how these shows could have turned out if they hadn't been on ABC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Oh, how these shows could have turned out if they hadn't been on ABC...

Don't blame them for this mess. Remember, ABC is the network of Alias and Lost, two of the finest network dramas ever.

• Locked thread