Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Giant truck owners are also frequently insecure and defensive

IT'S NOT A TRUCK IT'S A JEEP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

eyebeem posted:

All BMW owners are douchebags

Hey! Some of us are assholes thank you very much.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Giant truck owners are also frequently insecure and defensive

People are also frequently insecure and defensive.

Jokes on the thread, as my F150 is a company car.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

eyebeem posted:

People are also frequently insecure and defensive.

Jokes on the thread, as my F150 is a company car.

You sound really insecure about driving a truck.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PCOS Bill posted:

You sound really insecure about driving a truck.

It's because it has a V6. It might as well be a Taco.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i got a big package and drive a utility level sedan (optima)

come at me

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
By the logic we're following, drivers of Yugos and rusty 80s compact pickups have the biggest packages of all.

:smugdog::smugdog::smugdog:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

By the logic we're following, drivers of Yugos and rusty 80s compact pickups have the biggest packages of all.

Where does the 94 geo tracker I used to drive fall on this scale? I'm curious how big I should advertise my package as being.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

eyebeem posted:

All BMW owners are douchebags
All compact Japanese owners are annoying children

Along this logic, I'm finding that Kia and Hyundai are making huge leaps and bounds at taking over the entitled rear end in a top hat and can't drive for poo poo demographics away from BMW and Toyota.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Along this logic, I'm finding that Kia and Hyundai are making huge leaps and bounds at taking over the entitled rear end in a top hat and can't drive for poo poo demographics away from BMW and Toyota.
Hell yea, bring it!

I drive like a grandpa, im in no rush to go anywhere and I keep like 5 car length distance on the freeway. What more ya got?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Siochain posted:

Where does the 94 geo tracker I used to drive fall on this scale? I'm curious how big I should advertise my package as being.

Pretty big, but in an "exotic dancer banana hammock" kind of way.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Pretty big, but in an "exotic dancer banana hammock" kind of way.

I can cope with that.
I loved that vehicle. Young, stupid me beat the ever loving hell out of it, and it never failed. Drove it on all kinds of nasty roads and trails to. I honestly miss the little loving death trap.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

eyebeem posted:

All compact Japanese owners are annoying children

I've got a Japanese compact SUV, does that make me an annoying fat child?

Because yeah, basically.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KoRMaK posted:

i got a big package and drive a utility level sedan (optima)

come at me

I drive a 100hp (when new, I doubt it puts out more than 90 now) decade old hatchback. Bring the lube.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Siochain posted:

PCOS Bill posted:

I drive a 100hp (when new, I doubt it puts out more than 90 now) decade old hatchback. Bring the lube.

2000 Suzuki Swift :colbert:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

El Jebus posted:

At least you got mileage befitting such a small vehicle. The Tracker was sad. Just sad.

gently caress now I want a Tracker as a "getting back into fixing things" project.

I'm broken.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

El Jebus posted:

97 Toyota tercel with a 1.3 in less-than-optimum condition making around 80hp on a good day mated to a 3 speed auto with no electronic control, no OD and no lock up converter :smug:

It's amazingly thirsty for it's size :negative:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I got my low HP tiny hatchback in the brightest color possible. I'm not sure if that makes my dick bigger or smaller, can AI help?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

nm posted:

I got my low HP tiny hatchback in the brightest color possible. I'm not sure if that makes my dick bigger or smaller, can AI help?

It depends. Does the color help or hinder your self confidence?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nm posted:

it demonstrates that you want attention but when its finally given to you, you just fumble. Definite bedroom problems

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

nm posted:

You might be James May.

(who once made an argument that an economy car driven at 100% is just as fun as a perfect handling exotic driven at 100%)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

May was far, far from the first person to make that argument and he's wrong. It just seems that way because 99% of drivers don't have the skill and opportunity to drive exotics that way, but everyone's driven an 80's piece of poo poo on a twisty road.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

xzzy posted:

You might be James May.

(who once made an argument that an economy car driven at 100% is just as fun as a perfect handling exotic driven at 100%)

I wouldn't say that necessarily, but I will say that some of the most fun I've had with a car was my rental Aveo, giving absolutely no fucks about how I drove it, in rain-slick parking lots.

That poor e-brake.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I thought the point was more about cheap small cars being fun at normal speeds, while something fast and exotic is only fun at flagrantly illegal speed.

"kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

razorscooter posted:

I thought the point was more about cheap small cars being fun at normal speeds, while something fast and exotic is only fun at flagrantly illegal speed.

Absolutely.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

I bought one of the worst cars in automotive history, but I maintain a raging erection any time I touch it or think about it. What can the internet do for me?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I have a 660cc Kei car and big feet.

Ladies... :dukedog:

BoostCreep posted:

I bought one of the worst cars in automotive history, but I maintain a raging erection any time I touch it or think about it. What can the internet do for me?
Encourage you to sell it to 13". It's probably like the video tape in Ring, you have to pass it along to be spared.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

razorscooter posted:

I actually kind of like this, what's wrong with me. As usual it falls apart at the middle, but the ends look like if they could just be bridged well it'd look great.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

BoostCreep posted:

Tell us about your biturbo/pt cruiser.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I used to work with a woman who had a shirt that said "I drive a mini to compensate for my enormous penis". She was pretty fun.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

PCOS Bill posted:

I actually kind of like this, what's wrong with me. As usual it falls apart at the middle, but the ends look like if they could just be bridged well it'd look great.

You're describing a '62 Corvette.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:vince:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

LloydDobler posted:

I used to work with a woman who had a shirt that said "I drive a mini to compensate for my enormous penis". She was pretty fun.

I bet!
:gizz:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah, for what it's worth the conversion is reasonably well executed, but without the iconic curved vertical windshield the whole thing falls apart. Change that and you lose the C5's aerodynamic properties (not that a car like that will see much track use, but still), and at that point you've spent enough that why not just buy an original one?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
They just gotta have that late 90s GM interior build quality

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
It's going to be so rad when all the baby boomers are finally dead. :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

They'll probably outlive all of us. Bumping the retirement age up 1 year every 2 to keep their social security funded and periodically culling the herd with coverups of fatal faults in cars popular amongst the younger generations, like the cobalt.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Octopus Magic posted:

Wow man so edgy, gently caress you dad right?

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

razorscooter posted:

Posted this one a while back..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PCOS Bill posted:

Wow man so edgy, gently caress you dad right?

Found the boomer.