Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

i would imagine also that tying your fresh water output to "how hard your 5 year old children are running around in the African sun" might just be a net negative energywise

kids are kids and are going to run around and play regardless of how hot it is

also give lots of money to peace corps individual grants to fund specific projects (yospos funded a school/student-run shop in a village that is making a profit now and buying food the kids)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

if they blocked uber from being installed on android devices, yes

not really. Microsoft got hit w/ their anti trust case w/out any evidence of anti competitive practices. its about perception

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
kill everyone

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

im guessing they saw an agency price for those two roles and freaked out

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
marissa's hiring yo!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
http://www.skymosity.com

The Leading Weather Marketing Platform
Making Big Weather
Data Actionable.

How does AOV change on my site when it is raining?

What impact does snow have on my sales?

How does purchase behavior differ with 15-30 degree and 90+ degree weather?

What are my top selling products when it is (fill in the weather condition)?

At what temperature change does my top category see an increase/decrease in sales?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
san rafael isn't exactly a tech hotspot, it's in north bay and i'm not sure they have any buildings over 4 stories. there's a taco bell though

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

uncurable mlady posted:

Making! Big Weather?
Data, Actionable.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

not really. Microsoft got hit w/ their anti trust case w/out any evidence of anti competitive practices. its about perception

not disagreeing with the perception thing, but google doesn't own/control android the way microsoft owns windows

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

prefect posted:

not disagreeing with the perception thing, but google doesn't own/control android the way microsoft owns windows

that's just because google doesnt give a gently caress about the quality of android

as long as people buy it and goog gets their data mined from people, who cares if android is a stinky pile of poo? let the 3rd parties inject their own data gathering stuff, that's fine, we can all share the data there's more than enough to go around

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol if anyone who has for this extraordinarily specific skillset doesn't demand six figures.

of course they won't pay that because they are trying to mash together two completely different job descriptions to have a ceo assistant at the hourly salary of a part time nanny.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duTrieux. posted:

"i get X mpg on the highway. i get Y on city streets. there's traffic, so i'll probably burn an extra Z gallons."

why would you need to get granular enough to have estimated costs for each street

we're not talking a commute we're talking long distance dude.

Elder Postsman posted:

well if you take THIS route you could potentially save up to .008 cents in gas versus this other route. those fractions of cents add up, haven't you ever watched superman 3?

it's more like saving $10 in gas on a ~900 mile roundtrip that would otherwise have cost a whole $110 back a year ago dude

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Nintendo Kid posted:

we're not talking a commute we're talking long distance dude.

it's more like saving $10 in gas on a ~900 mile roundtrip that would otherwise have cost a whole $110 back a year ago dude

oh now you're talking long distance. great, yet another example of Fishmech's Moving Goalposts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/it-was-one-of-kickstarters-most-successful-109496883039.html

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and lol

quote:

Amazon.com Inc., aiming to bolster its brick-and-mortar operations, has discussed acquiring some RadioShack Corp. locations after the electronics chain files for bankruptcy, two people with knowledge of the matter said.

Amazon has considered using the RadioShack stores as showcases for the Seattle-based company’s hardware, as well as potential pickup and drop-off centers for online customers, said one of the people, who asked not to be named because the deliberations are private.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

there is no excuse for a portable music player to be this ugly and awful-looking fourteen years after the ipod

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm sad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

there is no excuse for a portable music player to be this ugly and awful-looking fourteen years after the ipod

you ever read about how nigerian scammers purposefully make their emails obvious as hell so they only fool the most gullible people

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Elder Postsman posted:

oh now you're talking long distance. great, yet another example of Fishmech's Moving Goalposts.

its literally what ive been talking about from the start

Main Paineframe posted:

yeah the ipod's been ugly and awful looking for decades

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Nintendo Kid posted:

its literally what ive been talking about from the start

huh? your first post in this thread is about barking dogs?????

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

that's cool

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

that blue led on the top has a single purpose: it lights up when you play songs from neil young's pono store featuring neil young

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

qirex posted:

that blue led on the top has a single purpose: it lights up when you play songs from neil young's pono store featuring neil young

how else are you going to know that you're playing a HD Music file with superior pono quality?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Pinterest Mom posted:

how else are you going to know that you're playing a HD Music file with superior pono quality?

not by listening to it apparently

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Lamont Cranston posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lamont Cranston posted:

welp

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Lamont Cranston posted:

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Lamont Cranston posted:

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

quote:

Well, first of all, they listened to the Pono in a car, instead of on headphones in a controlled environment. (What the heck?)

lol

quote:

So I wrote to Pono — and heard back from Neil Young himself.

“Of approximately 100 top-seed artists who compared Pono to low resolution MP3s,...

so it's better sounding than some 1998 rips i downloaded off napster in a car

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Lamont Cranston posted:

:vince:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lamont Cranston posted:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Lamont Cranston posted:

also I'm cool with artists getting in on the audiophile idiot money fountain - they deserve it more than the fuckers rebranding sweatshop junk or selling magic rocks

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
The funny thing is an actually good portable FLAC player w/ software would probably have a decent market among music geeks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vodkat posted:

The funny thing is an actually good portable FLAC player w/ software would probably have a decent market among music geeks
they'd probably ask for inbuilt vacuum amp

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

vodkat posted:

they dont want it to play flacs, they want it to play neil young official .neil files from the neil young music store by neil young

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
clownpenis.neil

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

quote:

You may remember that 14 of my test subjects said they didn’t hear enough difference to justify buying a Pono. The 15th guy, however, said, “I would and I did!”

That is, he was already the owner of a Pono.

I pointed out to him that in my test, even he had preferred the sound of the iPhone. His reply: The Pono may not actually sound better, but it delivers more emotion.

audiophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I love this pono poo poo so much

has anyone actually heard 18000 hz? its unbearable, and this is a device made to preserve that lmao

• Locked thread