Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

I'm guessing he can control the tint on that visor unless he wants to immediatly be recognized as Palmer on sight.

He may actually want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imperialparadox posted:

OK, that suit looks surprisingly cool.

I like how it has the Robocop issue though, where I'm probably going to wonder why nobody ever shoots him in the mouth. :v:

Didn't (in the new one anyway) the suit "detect danger" and drop the mask down to protect his face

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Valeyard posted:

Didn't (in the new one anyway) the suit "detect danger" and drop the mask down to protect his face

I don't remember the faceplate in the new version really functioning any different than the old version, it's just plot protection really.

I want to say that the original Robocop, that was just his face stapled onto a cyborg head, but I'm probably misremembering and / or making that up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

imperialparadox posted:

I don't remember the faceplate in the new version really functioning any different than the old version, it's just plot protection really.

I want to say that the original Robocop, that was just his face stapled onto a cyborg head, but I'm probably misremembering and / or making that up.

Looks like it

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Accretionist posted:

Someone actually posted about this happening in the China.jpg thread:

Another similar anecdote, I used to work for a multinational container port company and overheard one of the safety guys saying their Indian ports have tons of workplace deaths and it's horrifying, but their Chinese ports have never once reported a death ever. That is even more chilling because you know that means they're just covering it up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Astro Nut posted:

Posting in both show threads, we've got our Atom costume:

Wow. That's fuckin' sick. How did they screw up Deathlok on AOS so badly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Wow. That's fuckin' sick. How did they screw up Deathlok on AOS so badly?

Because everything about AoS is loving horrible.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Rhyno posted:

Because everything about AoS is loving horrible.

Season 1 was kinda lackluster, but Season 2 has been pretty great so far.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Because everything about AoS is was loving horrible.

Last couple episodes of season 1 and pretty much all of season 2 so far have actually been really really good

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah seriously, I'm really looking forward to the show returning.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
And let's not sell s1 short. Like the last 8 episodes or so were really good. More than "a couple."

SHIELD is solid television.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It made me appreciate Arrow a lot more, that's for certain.

(yes I like AoS right now)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm not going to wade through 12 hours or whatever of poo poo television at the beginning for it to maybe get better. It's the same sunk cost fallacy people who try to defend the awful Final Fantasy 13 use. If your beginning is poo poo, you're poo poo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not necessarily true. There are quite a few TV shows that have a shitastic first season.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Whizbang posted:

I'm not going to wade through 12 hours or whatever of poo poo television at the beginning for it to maybe get better.

You did with Arrow.

Okay arrow didn't start out quite as bad as Shield I'll admit but it was a rocky start for sure.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oliver icing people with his bow from the start was awesome

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Arrow had a decent start. AoS didn't even hold me through the pilot.

And FF13, I asked some goons when the tutorial areas were supposed to end and they were like, "Idiot, that's chapter 3," and I haven't played it since.

Bad Moon posted:

Oliver icing people with his bow from the start was awesome

There was more parkour, too. :(

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Arrow also got better pretty quickly. Episode 9 was excellent, and everything from 11 on was very good.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

ashez2ashes posted:

You joke, but Waller lying to them and telling them it was a dangerous virus when it was really a sample of the Lazarus pit water is very much something she would do. I'd be pretty happy with that twist, actually.

It'd be the cherry on the "You hosed up my op so I'm going to get you killed or turn you into a monster." sundae

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Timett posted:

You did with Arrow.

:frogout:

The Huntress episodes sucked but the rest of season 1 was great.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

My money is still on Waller training Oliver to be some kinda crazy loving vigilante. If she just wanted a spy, there are better options. Its Amanda Waller, the only DCU character who can out-chess Batman.

Also, I LIKED season 1 of Arrow even before it started really clicking. The action scenes are solid from the get-go, Felicity shows up early, Amell is more than strong enough to carry a show... like, I just don't think Arrow was ever a bad show.

Except for the episode that turned Gaius Baltar into a stun baton mook.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Don't forget that Arrow's pilot gave us the most ridiculous (and not necessarily in a good way) parkour gif in existence.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Scyantific posted:

Don't forget that Arrow's pilot gave us the most ridiculous (and not necessarily in a good way) parkour gif in existence.

You can't say this and then not link it. :colbert:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Narcissus1916 posted:

My money is still on Waller training Oliver to be some kinda crazy loving vigilante. If she just wanted a spy, there are better options.

The most rational explanation for her interest in Ollie, sadly, isn't the one we're being given...which is that it'd probably be advantageous for Waller to have a young and mold-able figurehead for ARGUS, who also has some credibility with wealthy and powerful people.

Ollie is a celebrity playboy who's the son of an industrialist billionaire. Prior to the island, his skills were partying hard and having connections. He shouldn't be working as some sort of black ops spook, he should be attending dinners with defense contractors. But that involves way less arrow-based torture, so...

ATOM suit looks super great. I'm kind of surprised by that. Well done, art design team.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I love that the Aton suit has a stylized big red A on the chest and it doesn't look like poo poo.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Kadath posted:

I love that the Aton suit has a stylized big red A on the chest and it doesn't look like poo poo.

The suit does look super-dorky, though. Well, maybe it's just Routh's helmet.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JohnSherman posted:

You can't say this and then not link it. :colbert:

Alright (gently caress, I was not expecting to get called out)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Scyantific posted:

Nothing compared to this
Unable to find gif of this amazing moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF28ceFJJ3A

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frank Castle loves his work.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Scyantific posted:

Now imagine Laurel trying to do this.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Every time I watch some real parkour / free running video, I can't help but think that for every one of those crazy stunts they pull off, there are several dozen guys sitting in the hospital waiting to get their nutsack stitched back on.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Azhais posted:

With a special guest appearance by Bronze Tiger's twin brother Black Dynamite

Turns out China White is trying to get the Alpha and Omega vials for the fiendish Dr. Wu so he can do some scientific biological transmogrification(and kung fu treachery).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
from another forum

"I can't find anything good to say about Brandon Routh...Even when he played Superman/Clark Kent, back in 2006 He's always been incredibly monotonous, expressionless and generally unenthusiastic in his performances.

The sooner he's off Arrow, the better.

...Incidentally, I felt the same way when he was a villain on Chuck."

People are weird.

Black Dynamite vs Maseo "My ninja!"

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 4, 2015

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

bobkatt013 posted:

Nothing compared to this
Unable to find gif of this amazing moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF28ceFJJ3A

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocksicles posted:

from another forum

"I can't find anything good to say about Brandon Routh...Even when he played Superman/Clark Kent, back in 2006 He's always been incredibly monotonous, expressionless and generally unenthusiastic in his performances.

The sooner he's off Arrow, the better.

...Incidentally, I felt the same way when he was a villain on Chuck."

People are weird.

It's like Amell said about S1 Arrow: "I'm not stiff, he's stiff."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

My favorite bit is the one right after that. Frank Calmly puts down the grenade launcher, picks up his rifle, shoots the bald dude in the head then kneecaps the guy with dreadlocks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

That guy wasn't going to make the jump anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

enraged_camel posted:

lying whore.

:stare:

:catstare:

:stonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whizbang posted:

I'm not going to wade through 12 hours or whatever of poo poo television at the beginning for it to maybe get better. It's the same sunk cost fallacy people who try to defend the awful Final Fantasy 13 use. If your beginning is poo poo, you're poo poo.

Just skip to the start of the good episodes, give it a try and then watch the early ones later if you feel like it. When did people forget how to television?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

At least he didn't say Dorito face.

• Locked thread