Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hope this isn't a repost

whoa shot outta no where at Agatha Christie, jeeze

what she do to deserve that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Be a woman with social agency?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Muir hasn't read an Agatha Christie novel in his entire life and he isn't fooling me into thinking he knows a thing about her :mad:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
There is no part of that Agatha Christie metaphor which works.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Pretty sure the extent of Muir's logic is: Woman who make mystery (googled)---> Bengahzi mystery---> Clinton=Bengahzi---> Clinton=Old Woman mystery---> Please donate.

For the record: Poirot > Sherlock.

Crain fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 4, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crain posted:

For the record: Poirot > Sherlock.

This man is using is order and method, working his little grey cells, and should be rewarded with a tisane.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Does anyone know offhand the last time Obama claimed that something was Bush's fault?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Linguica posted:

Does anyone know offhand the last time Obama claimed that something was Bush's fault?
I do not believe he has ever said those specific words. At least not since becoming President.

Other Democrats have though and that's basically the same thing as him saying it though!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well, at least it's a joke.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hope this isn't a repost

Even for Muir that is some awkward art in panel 2. I think it's just supposed to be shading on the gown but the tangents make it look like a silhouette of some alien anatomy under there.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

While we'd all love a Palin presidential attempt, everyone knows she does this to bilk the idiots that somehow still support her, and after months hemming and hawing she'll say no before primary seasom starts.

Probably the last time she'll be able to do it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

SuperHappy posted:

Even for Muir that is some awkward art in panel 2. I think it's just supposed to be shading on the gown but the tangents make it look like a silhouette of some alien anatomy under there.

It's super-weird to have her dress in filmy gowns, too. With her tattoos and her bushy hair you'd expect her to dress in more of a punk-rock style, but I guess she is a Woo-mon and therefore can't help but want to dress all feminine-like.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

SuperHappy posted:

I'm sure it's just a stock photo for something like "Morning Strech" or something. Other goons have been pretty good at finding his tracing material.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Is anyone else profoundly bothered by the fact that all the women have glossy lips that take up a third of their faces and empty black eyes? Sam and Skye also seem to have noses coming out of their foreheads, but somehow that's less jarring.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am profoundly bothered by Muir's art in general

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Wow. This Obama caricature looks a lot better than his usual one.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Yes, Muir, insult Agatha Christie, the woman who wrote amazing mysteries whereas you can't even keep your own plot coherent.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Australian politics is coming up hilarious lately. We've already seen Tones knight Prince Phillip, it's all downhill from here.

Even noted LNP supporter Murdoch (yes that Murdoch, whose papers were so disgustingly pro-liberal in the last election it was unbelievable) thinks tony's full of poo poo lately.

Though this came out just before Murdoch decided the real problem with the Liberal Party is their chief of staff, Peta Credlin. One of the few women in the LNP, what a coincidence...
:nws:This:nws: is all you need to know about Andrew Bolt, though I also guess he's well-known for writing extremely right-wing editorials cheerleading the LNP and being a general tool.
And Alan Jones is another usually notorious right-wing loon "staunch conservative" who went hugely anti-LNP during the Queensland election last week

Seeing these guys rail against the libs and nats is like living in bizarro world...

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

These characters are all just so adorable.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kakairo posted:

I was going to ask "where's Fuckface Farage?"

But then I noticed the snake had a face...

Where have you been? Rowson almost always does Farage as a snake.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

whoa shot outta no where at Agatha Christie, jeeze

Not be conventionally attractive

Though she was rather pretty when she was young

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Any chance we're going to see anti-vax cartoons from anyone but Dees? Normally I'd expect them all to line up in formation, but most of the right-wing cartoonists seem to be ignoring the story and Ramirez made a legitimately good cartoon where he is clearly pro-vax. Have we finally found the level to which even these assholes won't sink?

Vanir85
Jan 11, 2015

Crain posted:

Be a woman with social agency?

It's probably sexism, though possibly with a hint of jealousy.

After all; Agatha Christie is the "Queen of Crime" - while Muir is just the "King of Criminally Bad Writing"...

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

MissEchelon posted:

And Alan Jones is another usually notorious right-wing loon "staunch conservative" who went hugely anti-LNP during the Queensland election last week

Alan Jones had a particular chip on his shoulder for that one.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Duckbag posted:

These characters are all just so adorable.

Yeah, Pope is my favourite local cartoonist.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I don't know what this is, but I like it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

So is this only Superfail 44 because 5 Super Bowls didn't have Superfails, or did he only start counting Superfails ater the fifth Super Bowl?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

It was built any day now.

Xi over Xi-bar
May 10, 2009

After the uprising of June 17th

The Secretary of the Authors' Union

Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee

Which said that the people

Had forfeited the government's confidence

And could only win it back

By redoubled labour. Wouldn't it

Be simpler in that case if the government

Dissolved the people and

Elected another?

-Bertolt Brecht

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Europe and the Jews
We like to think of the attempt to destroy the Jews as a Nazi effort and fool ourselves by ignoring the traditional Jew-hatred of much of European society. Then, as now, it wasn't only the Germans.
Labels: antisemitism, Europe, History, Holocaust, IDF, Israel, Jewish State, war crimes

In Every Generation
Yup. As the Haggadah teaches: "In every generation they rise up against us." And speaking of the Haggadah, if you want to get your Dry Bones Haggadahs for this coming Passover, you'll have to order now! The LSW (Long Suffering Wife) mails them out from our local post office here in Israel. So if you want to make sure you'll get yours in time, you've got to order now! For details go to http://store.drybones.com
Labels: antisemitism, Haggadah, Holocaust, Israel

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Europe and the Jews
We like to think of the attempt to destroy the Jews as a Nazi effort and fool ourselves by ignoring the traditional Jew-hatred of much of European society. Then, as now, it wasn't only the Germans.
Labels: antisemitism, Europe, History, Holocaust, IDF, Israel, Jewish State, war crimes

There may be a few problems with this comparison.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Europe and the Jews

An alternate history in which an Israel of sorts was founded after WWI could be interesting. I doubt that the tiny, isolated state would be able to invade Germany, though.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

"Please reconsider bombing a crowded residential area full of civilians who cannot leave"

"Oh so you want us to just lay down our arms, bow down to Hamas, and let them holocaust us? You're sick."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alnilam posted:

"Please reconsider bombing a crowded residential area full of civilians who cannot leave"

"Oh so you want us to just lay down our arms, bow down to Hamas, and let them holocaust us? You're sick."

"Heh, I bet you wouldn't feel this way if we were murdering innocent Germans seventy years ago under circumstances that would have been very different were we in such a position!"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Europe and the Jews

If the IDF decided to shell an entire city in order to get one or two people, then yes probably.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

If the IDF decided to shell an entire city in order to get one or two people, then yes probably.

Eh... mass barrage of civilian territory was more the accepted norm back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Europe and the Jews

This is actually pretty accurate. If the Holocaust had never happened and Israel did to white Europeans what they're doing to the Palestinians, they probably would be charged with war crimes.

• Locked thread