Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Paul, the operator of SirToys has advised us that his supplies are running low on the V2 already and he's not certain he will be able to get more. You might want to risk it and snatch one up.

God drat it. He's even got a KO Predaking now too for $35.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cassa posted:

God drat it. He's even got a KO Predaking now too for $35.

There's been a few on his site in various sizes. I'm hoping for KOs of one of the 3P ones.

I'm also baffled by the Red MP-10A KO pricing. A few months back they were $100 and now they're selling for as much as the real deal.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Rhyno posted:

There's been a few on his site in various sizes. I'm hoping for KOs of one of the 3P ones.

That it's specifically the 32cm one implies, to me and my uninformedness, that it's the MMC one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

^^ That's a knock-off of G1 Predaking, not any of the third-party ones. They come in a variety of sizes.
http://actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Combiner/Predacons/v2

Today I started the long-overdue process of rearranging my shelves to make room for new and upcoming figures, and as part of that I took the time to put together TFC Hercules. It's weird, when I first got him he seemed huge, but in putting him together again now in a post-Metroplex world he seems much less impressive. If Hasbro's Devastator is really Metroplex-sized he's going to tower over the third-party offerings, even if he is less complex.

I mean check this out (not my picture):

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cassa posted:

That it's specifically the 32cm one implies, to me and my uninformedness, that it's the MMC one.

It's clearly a G1 KO as Knormal says.

Knormal posted:

Today I started the long-overdue process of rearranging my shelves to make room for new and upcoming figures, and as part of that I took the time to put together TFC Hercules. It's weird, when I first got him he seemed huge, but in putting him together again now in a post-Metroplex world he seems much less impressive. If Hasbro's Devastator is really Metroplex-sized he's going to tower over the third-party offerings, even if he is less complex.

People seem to think he's halfway between those two as far as scale.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I actually found the Combiner War limbs out in the wild!!

No Silverbolt though. :saddowns:

I have Dragstrip from like a month ago, but saw all of them at a Wal-mart here, went back the next day, and all but one Dragstrip and Alpha Bravo were gone.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Rule no 1 of toy hunting: Never go back the next day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah if you see something you want you better grab it.

Since we're moving in 3 months I decided to buy some bags, catalog and store a bunch of my collection. I got to 73 figures bagged and stored. Probably would have gotten twice as much done but I felt the need to transform everything as I put them away.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I followed the rule.

I only want Menasor and Defensor.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

Devastator is apparently 18 inches tall, which makes him 6 inches shorter than Metroplex. That's substantially taller than any third party combiner released so far, the tallest being Warbotron at a little over 14 inches. Shuraking (Dinobot combiner) may be close to 18 inches but it's a long way from completion.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 3, 2015

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I still haven't seen a combiner wars figure in the wild. :australia:

Rhyno posted:

It's clearly a G1 KO as Knormal says.

I am not an expert and will readily admit as such.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Since we're moving in 3 months I decided to buy some bags, catalog and store a bunch of my collection. I got to 73 figures bagged and stored. Probably would have gotten twice as much done but I felt the need to transform everything as I put them away.

Packing them in vehicle mode is more efficient, anyway. You did the right thing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Just picked up TF:P Dead End from the shelf. This dude is insane, very fun figure. Crazy lightpiping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Packing them in vehicle mode is more efficient, anyway. You did the right thing.

Most of them got vehicle mode. Some got weird contorted folded up mode to fit in the bags. I ended up putting stuff away that I haven't owned all that long just to have them packed up and safe.
Plus I have all this Chinese crap on the way.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

X-Transbot MM-VIII Arkose

eh, I pre-ordered. It'll be my quintessential Beachcomber.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

catch22 posted:

X-Transbot MM-VIII Arkose

eh, I pre-ordered. It'll be my quintessential Beachcomber.

Beachcomber the hippie peacenik and his big machine gun.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Blackheart posted:

Just picked up TF:P Dead End from the shelf. This dude is insane, very fun figure. Crazy lightpiping.

Yeah, he's great. For some reason his colors make me imagine he's a beatnik with an unnatural hunger for robo-flesh.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

therealjon_ posted:

There are all kinds of people who collect for different reasons. The less rational ones tend to get noticed more because they are usually obnoxious babies if something isn't going their way. I'm sure most people collect 3P Transformers because they are just better quality robots (for the most part).

I've seen about half and half crazies (TROOOFANS) and rationals ("I bought these children's toys as an adult because they are cool").

My theory is that a collector has a decision/crisis point at which they have spent too much money on a single toy. They must at that time decide if they will see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

$400 was when I had to admit toys are fun, but hobbies don't rule my life, you gotta pay the rent, etc. A bit more pride/hubris and I could see myself saying "Hell no toys are my life. F U MORTGAGE COMPANY ROLL OUT!!"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Vaporware posted:

I've seen about half and half crazies (TROOOFANS) and rationals ("I bought these children's toys as an adult because they are cool").

My theory is that a collector has a decision/crisis point at which they have spent too much money on a single toy. They must at that time decide if they will see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

$400 was when I had to admit toys are fun, but hobbies don't rule my life, you gotta pay the rent, etc. A bit more pride/hubris and I could see myself saying "Hell no toys are my life. F U MORTGAGE COMPANY ROLL OUT!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Q86rA8V9o

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think toy collectors are basically the male equivalent of crazy cat ladies. I fill the emptiness in my soul with plastic robots.

My grandfather had an entire basement devoted to a huge model railway and had like 20 beat up '70s muscle cars in a garage that "he was gonna fix up" so it's probably that too

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

i like the new RID Grimlock :3

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think toy collectors are basically the male equivalent of crazy cat ladies. I fill the emptiness in my soul with plastic robots.

My grandfather had an entire basement devoted to a huge model railway and had like 20 beat up '70s muscle cars in a garage that "he was gonna fix up" so it's probably that too

I think this is true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't loving talk to my Transformers the way my super crazy friend talks to her 6 cats.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

How can you love your TFs if you don't loving talk to them you weirdo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Well, it's a start.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

Well, it's a start.

You can flip the panel that the autobot symbol is on up into his tummy to fill out his torso!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

How can you love your TFs if you don't loving talk to them you weirdo

"Who's a good little Grimlock????"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

Well, it's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Well, it's a start.

They are Groot.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nothing stops this train.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Motormaster looks really good, I'd almost buy him to leave him not combined because the combined form doesn't look all that great.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I'm sure we'll never know which came first in the design process, but the mold is definitely a way better Motormaster than it is an Optimus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
huffer looks extremely upset about something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Probably about being an Optimus remold instead of a sweet Power Core Combiner

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rhyno posted:

I don't loving talk to my Transformers the way my super crazy friend talks to her 6 cats.

I think Transformers are probably better than cats though because they don't poo poo in a sandbox in your house and give you toxoplasmosis

Also I'm deathly allergic to cats and merely being in a house with one for 15 minutes makes me beg for the sweet release of death. Dogs are cool, though. There aren't many crazy dog people with 20 dogs because you get one or two and you're like "okay, that's enough."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Probably about being an Optimus remold instead of a sweet Power Core Combiner

"I was in the combiner wars before it was cool!"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

Motormaster looks really good, I'd almost buy him to leave him not combined because the combined form doesn't look all that great.

That's my plan, but I'm not really that much of a combiner guy. I AM a bigass purple and grey robot guy.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also I'm deathly allergic to cats and merely being in a house with one for 15 minutes makes me beg for the sweet release of death. Dogs are cool, though. There aren't many crazy dog people with 20 dogs because you get one or two and you're like "okay, that's enough."

Dog people are just as crazy, it just takes fewer dogs to reach crazytown.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys ain't seen poo poo until you walk in and she has 4 cages full of ferrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Don't make me post pictures of my friend's basement. Clean as a whistle, completely innocuous looking, work PC plus gaming PC in the middle of the room. Then just a ton of really plain looking shelving units with odd notations written on them. Inside? Well over a hundred snakes.

Meanwhile he looks at me funny for buying a robot here or there.