Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
don't see why they used such a lovely processor though, couldn't they put an i7 in there so you can really put some power into the decoding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

vodkat posted:

The funny thing is an actually good portable FLAC player w/ software would probably have a decent market among music geeks

Sansa clips play FLACs just fine

Idk about the DAC though

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I only listen to Thomas Dolby, op

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

have him a/b emotion then

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

I love this pono poo poo so much

has anyone actually heard 18000 hz? its unbearable, and this is a device made to preserve that lmao

no man they wanna hear 96000 hz in 24 bit accuracy

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ9IXSUzuM

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
monty is the best

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

kalstrams posted:

they'd probably ask for inbuilt vacuum amp

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
this is peak tech bubble https://twitter.com/erowidrecruiter

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:cripes:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

vodkat posted:

The funny thing is an actually good portable FLAC player w/ software would probably have a decent market among music geeks

there already exist apps that support FLAC and external DACs/preamps for iPhones

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Progressive JPEG posted:

Sansa clips play FLACs just fine

out of the box? that's interesting

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm those loving capacitors

e: also the entire-second-motherboard's worth of power drawn just keeping that tube heated up

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol

I remembered more of it, I see a desolate wasteland, and a wellness program --- our office is located in San Francisco

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Java would be absolutely terrifying but i can definitely feel the presence of the product Technical support

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wow theyre p much all golden

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
they're like >50% gold its amazing

I would totally reply to these recruiters

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

quote:

I’m 51 and a former professional musician. I know how to listen.
why do people who have spent years standing next to giant speaker cabinets think they're experts on the subtlety of high pitched audio?

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
you should hear people that have spent decades in front of cranked guitar amps wax poetic about the effects of different woods on the tone of a wire vibrating over a magnet

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

The Leck posted:

why do people who have spent years standing next to giant speaker cabinets think they're experts on the subtlety of high pitched audio?

I liked where he explained how his setup controlled for volume

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

oh my god markov mashups is such a good idea

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
that's such a good idea and i'm envious i didn't come up with it jfc

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
there's no way he's not at least curating those they're almost too good

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i know im irl jealous i think I'm going to make my own

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Necc0 posted:

there's no way he's not at least curating those they're almost too good

definitely curating them

https://twitter.com/erowidrecruiter/status/561307930784317442

getting good stuff out of markov chains involves picking through pages of output to find the two good lines.

much like my posting

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Necc0 posted:

that's such a good idea and i'm envious i didn't come up with it jfc

lol, those things have been around for twenty years at least

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

you should hear people that have spent decades in front of cranked guitar amps wax poetic about the effects of different woods on the tone of a wire vibrating over a magnet

well, at least that's only 50% bullshit. the wood you make an (acoustic) guitar out of absolutely does affect the sound in an immediately obvious way

the "professional musician" who's been on stage for 30 years talking about frequencies that infants can't hear -- that's something else

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh yeah fun story btw. i was screwing around with the function generator and the oscilloscope in one of my electronics classes and swept it through the audio range on a speaker. gradually brought it down saying about what age you lose what range, "you all are young enough to be able to hear up to maybe 17khz if you haven't damaged your hearing" etc.

one guy kept saying "i can't hear it, bring it lower", as i passed well beyond where everyone else was able to hear the tone. eventually he was able to pick it up.

i asked him "are you a musician?" and he said "well i go to a lot of concerts"

dude is 22 years old and can't hear above 10khz

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
p sure an entire generation that grew up listening to ipods and beats is going to be stone loving dead before theyre 35

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

p sure an entire generation that grew up listening to ipods and beats is going to be stone loving dead before theyre 35

kill you're children

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

oh yeah fun story btw. i was screwing around with the function generator and the oscilloscope in one of my electronics classes and swept it through the audio range on a speaker. gradually brought it down saying about what age you lose what range, "you all are young enough to be able to hear up to maybe 17khz if you haven't damaged your hearing" etc.

one guy kept saying "i can't hear it, bring it lower", as i passed well beyond where everyone else was able to hear the tone. eventually he was able to pick it up.

i asked him "are you a musician?" and he said "well i go to a lot of concerts"

dude is 22 years old and can't hear above 10khz

I didn't read anything in this post and I couldn't give a poo poo about what's in it because I know it's just 300 words worth of you jerking off.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oooh look at me i'm a canadian professor with a daddy doctor who talks about fables in the african bush and i ride motorcycles in my gay italian leather pants

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you two seem very angry tonight, and tori has a red text title. what's going on?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

im eating a caramel based ice cream itt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm going to go and get some ice cream too but with no caramel. i have mint chocolate chip instead (it's better)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

you two seem very angry tonight, and tori has a red text title. what's going on?

still preferable to your posting

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my favorite ice cream is haagen dazs coffee

always and forever

it's really good with those milano mint cookie things

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i need a small lamp to put behind my postin' throne for ambient light and reading books and such. post ur hottest recs itt

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

doc block i'm sorry about what i said in the app thread you made

it's the apps that are bad, not you :buddy:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

I didn't read anything in this post and I couldn't give a poo poo about what's in it because I know it's just 300 words worth of you jerking off.

i see you've earned a badge of victory there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

lol

• Locked thread