Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kin posted:

What is it that's determining how much damage i'm doing to playable character bosses?

Like Link will deal massive amounts of damage to Ganondorf, Ghirahim will do loads to Link. but Ghiram doesn't do much to Ganondorf.

All characters have a weakness to one element. In general, the light element and dark element characters are weak to each other, but the other three elements aren't as easy to predict. This Reddit link has a good summary on it: http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2u7j3o/useful_resources_and_game_info/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
How the poo poo do you do the top left mission for an A-Rank? I Know you dont need to get one, but I want my map to be clear of all blemishes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

How the poo poo do you do the top left mission for an A-Rank? I Know you dont need to get one, but I want my map to be clear of all blemishes.

Use Cia.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Or Twili Midna, she is the best at killing big groups of things quickly.

If you really want to do it as Agitha, make the item powerup potion and throw bombs at everything.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Urgh, why is trying to find since kind of guide or info for adventure mode so loving hard online.

How do I unhide the enemies in square 8-3 of Master quest?

Its the ganondorf one called attend the festival of the cuccos.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kin posted:

Urgh, why is trying to find since kind of guide or info for adventure mode so loving hard online.

I remember that. I think all I had to do was use a compass item.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

This map will show everything you need to know. There is even in a legend in the bottom left hand corner that will tell you what item to use.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Bicyclops posted:

The hearts are functionally useless but enjoy earning them, as trophies.

In this way, Hyrule Warriors captures the Zelda spirit perfectly.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They're alright for the TP map. I was almost one shotted by an Imprisoned there.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Finally, Weapons Complete! The only one that gave me real trouble was Lana's Summoning Gate, which was a bit hellish.

Now to get the Master Sword up and finish off the hard mode skulltulas.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Ashsaber posted:

I just spent the snow day yesterday working on these two things simultaneously

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

All characters have a weakness to one element. In general, the light element and dark element characters are weak to each other, but the other three elements aren't as easy to predict. This Reddit link has a good summary on it: http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2u7j3o/useful_resources_and_game_info/

I had no idea this was a thing

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ashsaber posted:

Finally, Weapons Complete! The only one that gave me real trouble was Lana's Summoning Gate, which was a bit hellish.

What's your advice for the summoning gate one. It is the one I feel closest to, because the fairy one infuriates me and I will do Agitha's last. My problem is at the end my base always gets swamped, probably because I spend too much time killing the officers.

KingEffingFrost posted:

In this way, Hyrule Warriors captures the Zelda spirit perfectly.

True, and also true of the skulltulas. GOTY.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
For the summoning gate, the only thing to know is that powered up C5 is the only thing that matters. Surf Argorok all day every day.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shadowlyger posted:

For the summoning gate, the only thing to know is that powered up C5 is the only thing that matters. Surf Argorok all day every day.

You have to play roulette to get him, though, and even then, it's over so fast that he can't really gently caress with the Aerolfos. I'm always torn between playing Summoning Gate roulette and trying to taunt them into exposing their weak spots and just pinging them with weak attacks.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Bicyclops posted:

What's your advice for the summoning gate one. It is the one I feel closest to, because the fairy one infuriates me and I will do Agitha's last. My problem is at the end my base always gets swamped, probably because I spend too much time killing the officers.

I got it by bumping my level by 10 (reaching around....70?), grabbing vs Dragon on a 5* T2 gate, and using the item potion. Killed what was in front of me, took out Girahim and then went for the other captains. Totally ignored the cucco. Got it in around 11 minutes.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

You have to play roulette to get him, though, and even then, it's over so fast that he can't really gently caress with the Aerolfos. I'm always torn between playing Summoning Gate roulette and trying to taunt them into exposing their weak spots and just pinging them with weak attacks.

Just play roulette and use whatever you get. Even Dodongo is useful because you don't have to spend much time on it.

edit: I don't remember much from that mission, but I do remember running north grabbing the first keep in my way, and damaging but not finishing off Ghirahim and his posse. You really don't want to spend much time on him, you just want to get him weak enough that your commander can deal with him.

Also you'll get most of your kills from enemies attacking your HQ when they rush it.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 4, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dodongo is the only summoning gate monster I never use because his animation is long and he doesn't really do much. Would rather reroll and use something else or just keep mashing strong attack. I think everything else has their uses though;

-Manhandla: Decent move but it takes forever. Normally I wouldn't consider it worth using like Dodongo but for some reason, the seed spit at the end seems to fill your special meter a RIDICULOUS amount if you use it on enemy commander. So by using it properly you get a bunch of special meter which is obviously great.
-Ghoma: Position poorly and the ball lightning they fire will be worthless. Position properly, it annihilates entire armies. Getting the proper distance can be tricky since it takes awhile but its worth it once you can land it consistently.
-Argorok: Don't need to explain why dragon surfing is great.

Really though, I think the best way to use the summoning gate is to just mash strong attack and then whack enemies around while whatever you summoned does its thing. Aside from Argorok all the summoning combos are fairly situational but the strong attack summons are all really strong and hands free. The summoning gate itself isn't terrible, but you have to pretend your normal combo finisher doesn't exist because its trash. Instead end every combo by summoning Argorok since its way better than the lovely sphere dive thing.

I love the summoning gate a lot. Shame the 8-bit gate looks like crap and doesn't summon 8-bit monsters.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All of the last moves of the powerful versions of summons do hella absurd damage. They're on par or exceed the cucco super for damage.

Problem is they're all blockable or dodgeable.

BUT HERE'S A HANDY HINT

All supers freeze time and cause an initial state of guardbreak. Except Lana's summons don't experience the time freeze. So what you do if you want Twin Fireballs, Bullet Seed, and...I dunno...Cosmo Breaker??? to hit consistently just pop the super just as the moves go off. The moves and the Giant Cucco will hit at the same time and you'll do a lot of burst damage.

Each version means you'll have to time the Cucco slightly differently though. Bullet Seed also requires your opponent be near the corner so the cucco doesn't blow them fully away but if you're positioned properly the damage is crazy. This isn't a requirement for Giant Bosses obviously so they get super torn up.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I THINK the order on Lana's Lv.3 Gate is,
1: Kill anything with a health bar in the small canyon tunnel where you start.
2: Head north and kill everything with a health bar EXCEPT Ghirahim, don't both with him at all beyond including him with the specials and combos. If he's alone, Ghirahim will be eaten alive by you troops.
3: Head directly south and jump off the ledge to get to the southern oasis, and take out the guy who is probably there.
4: Head to the southeast tunnel, kill the target(s) there.
5: Head back to southern oasis, and greet the huge cluster of troops with specials, magic/musou, Dodongo, Gohma, and Argorok. Basically throw anything you have, but reroll on a Manhandala. You don't need to kill EVERYTHING, figure out how many kills you need and then move on.
6: Go kill Link, picking up some extra KO's from the minions in his room as needed.

As always, bring a potion of your favorite flavor for an extra boost. I think I'm forgetting something though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thanks, everyone. Lowering Ghiranim's health but not taking him out makes sense. I think I do need to get some better level 2 gates and my Lana is about 10 levels shy of 70, so maybe I'll drag her around with the gate for a bit and try to earn some 5 star weapons.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks, everyone. Lowering Ghiranim's health but not taking him out makes sense. I think I do need to get some better level 2 gates and my Lana is about 10 levels shy of 70, so maybe I'll drag her around with the gate for a bit and try to earn some 5 star weapons.

The way I got those levels was to bring a summoning gate to a rack up KOs mission, the one in the lower left. The Gate actually works pretty drat well there, and Dragon Surfing kills everything in short order. Also, play oulette against Giant Bosses, since all of the monsters will do some huge weak point damage.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
When I did the lvl 3 gate mission I basically didn't bother with Ghiranim. Sheik is able to fend off his group pretty well on her own. Just make a beeline for the commanders and kill any enemies you see on the way.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What item do I use on the one square in Adventure Mode to unlock Ruto?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Since the MM DLC is giving us the ability to delete weapon skills, I decided to get 5 star 8 slot rank 3 weapons for everyone the past few days. I'm four weapons away on that (Link Spinner, Zelda Baton, Lana Book, and Agitha), and I've learned some things about some movesets that has led me to appreciate them more.

I mentioned before about discovering how much I had undervalued Epona's standing/walking C1 dash, and it turns out I'd undervalued Darunia's C1 in much the same way. I used to use C2 into weak combo to break captain/PC weakpoints with him, but C1 with the extra input ender is much more consistent at it.

I also found out that Zelda's Baton's C1 is very capable of breaking officer/PC weakpoint gauges. You have to do it from right up next to the opponent so that they'll be hit by the initial tornado spread and then immediately picked up by the controllable tornado. From there, the pattern diverges based on whether they were marked with the pink wind stuff that makes her C1 tornado grow. If they were, then the WPG break will happen straightaway, otherwise if they were not marked then you have to steer the tornado to hold them for a bit while mashing Strong Attack until it's been out long enough for Zelda to make it explode. If they're still caught up at that point, then their WPG will be gone.

I'm sure these things have all been known by people who use these movesets more, but it still amazes me that a game from a series that's been touted as simple, mindless button mashing can still have discoverable depth to it for me even after so much time put into the game.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

alcharagia posted:

What item do I use on the one square in Adventure Mode to unlock Ruto?
Power Bracelet on this square:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Since the MM DLC is giving us the ability to delete weapon skills, I decided to get 5 star 8 slot rank 3 weapons for everyone the past few days. I'm four weapons away on that (Link Spinner, Zelda Baton, Lana Book, and Agitha), and I've learned some things about some movesets that has led me to appreciate them more.

I mentioned before about discovering how much I had undervalued Epona's standing/walking C1 dash, and it turns out I'd undervalued Darunia's C1 in much the same way. I used to use C2 into weak combo to break captain/PC weakpoints with him, but C1 with the extra input ender is much more consistent at it.

I also found out that Zelda's Baton's C1 is very capable of breaking officer/PC weakpoint gauges. You have to do it from right up next to the opponent so that they'll be hit by the initial tornado spread and then immediately picked up by the controllable tornado. From there, the pattern diverges based on whether they were marked with the pink wind stuff that makes her C1 tornado grow. If they were, then the WPG break will happen straightaway, otherwise if they were not marked then you have to steer the tornado to hold them for a bit while mashing Strong Attack until it's been out long enough for Zelda to make it explode. If they're still caught up at that point, then their WPG will be gone.

I'm sure these things have all been known by people who use these movesets more, but it still amazes me that a game from a series that's been touted as simple, mindless button mashing can still have discoverable depth to it for me even after so much time put into the game.

I like the Baton a lot but I didn't know the C1 could explode. I hardly use it over any of the other combos so I'll have to try it out! Now that I think about it, every combo on the Baton is fun and useful. C4 is one I also rarely use but C6 is crazy for destroying captains.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

5 star 8 slot rank 3 weapons

Any advice on the best way to accomplish this? I'm probably going to start this process but am not sure which missions I should be playing.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I have never even encountered a single 8-slot weapon :smith:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

KingEffingFrost posted:

I have never even encountered a single 8-slot weapon :smith:

Pretty sure you need to use a slot potion and a weapon with +slots to reliably get one and even then it's not guaranteed.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Kin posted:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-warriors/Adventure_Mode

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Wrong map and IGN's master quest map is about as useful as most things on IGN, i.e. full of huge gaps.

I got advice a bit earlier which got me past it. Now i'm down to just 6 weapons to get.

I don't think I've spent so much time engrossed in a single game since Xenoblade. It's crazy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to play as Tingle. Does this poo poo update at midnight or tomorrow during the day?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait to play as Tingle. Does this poo poo update at midnight or tomorrow during the day?

I was wrong about this last time because of stupid Thanksgiving, but this time I can say with 100% certainty that it will update around 12 PM EST tomorrow. There is no chance I will be wrong this time and look the fool.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This happens a lot with DLC where the base game has massively comprehensive coverage and the DLC maps/levels/whatever are just whelp.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2prn1v/i_went_crazy_and_made_an_interactive_map_for/

Here you go; downloadable interactive map utility. Covers all the current maps, guy says he'll update for Majora too

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

CGH posted:

Any advice on the best way to accomplish this? I'm probably going to start this process but am not sure which missions I should be playing.

First off, each character you want such a weapon for needs a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+. You should also go ahead and get Rupees+ and EXP+ on there if possible because why not. Once you have a weapon like that, follow these steps:

1) Go to the Bazaar and make Weapon Slots III potion with a gold material.
2) Back out to the main menu so it saves that you made the potion.
3) Go to Adventure Map, square A-5 (that's top row, fifth from the left). It's the Triforce Quiz, correct answers are obviously Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link. Make absolutely sure you strike the killing blow while the incorrect character is on camera. The easiest way to do this is to get the correct character down real low on life, then lock onto the incorrect one and kill the correct one while they are in between you and the incorrect one. Remember, the Boomerang is your friend for stunning things.
4A) If you get either a weapon you're trying for or at least 2 gold materials, return to step 1.
4B) If you get neither of those things, hit Home and quit out of the game, then go back into the game and resume from step 3.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is there a list of the 25000 seal skills? Even the wiki just has the master sword ones.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

jivjov posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2prn1v/i_went_crazy_and_made_an_interactive_map_for/

Here you go; downloadable interactive map utility. Covers all the current maps, guy says he'll update for Majora too

Whoa, that's awesome.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is there a list of the 25000 seal skills? Even the wiki just has the master sword ones.

Pretty sure they're all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Aw poo poo. That DLC isn't coming out at midnight tonight, is it? I sort of need to be in bed at a reasonable hour...

• Locked thread