Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty hot from time to time about feint being completely useless.

Feint is pretty good in PVP for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
Went on an exciting OF Safari today.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/216577-Turn-9-Meteors#threads/217959/?page=4

A thread about buffing bards. That particular page contains the gem where someone attempts to argue that removing the 20% damage debuff from Ballad/Paeon isn't a "buff".

It's heartening to see that, and know that we goons of this thread are above such pedantic arguments over the definitions of words.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Not giving pre-mades their own separate queue in FL is the most retarded thing.

Bard is such a fun class to play in PVP. Knocking dudes off mid with blast arrow never gets old. :hehe:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Ruan why are you causing a ruckus in your FC chat?

Its not my fault Tiny screwed up the FC leve.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

bleuraindrops posted:

Oh man I assumed the pose would be the same as the ahriman mount but female lalas lie on their stomach while riding the ADS mount :3:

Also you can cast Low Voltage!

Look I did not need more temptation to go back to being a falafel okay, stop it :smith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SpaceDrake posted:

Look I did not need more temptation to go back to being a falafel okay, stop it :smith:

You're not a lalafel anymore? The world makes no sense. :smith:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

All right I've given in after enjoying the trial. Can someone put up a referral code so I can help out when I buy the game?

EDIT: Nevermind, got one from the Trial Linkshell. Thanks!

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 4, 2015

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Hunter Noventa posted:

All right I've given in after enjoying the trial. Can someone put up a referral code so I can help out when I buy the game?

Sure: 2A5THJ3Z

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

So I'm on Comcast in Philly and I'm having crippling lag in combat, primarily dungeons. I get 5-10 second spikes at times. During that time I have data sending, but 0 receiving. My internet is 100% fine for everything else. I'm running Windows 8.1 under Boot Camp, but that shouldn't matter. It's incredibly frustrating and any help is appreciated because it makes the game borderline unplayable. At one point recently I tried WTFast but it didn't seem to do poo poo. Supposedly this is a Level3 issue based on a couple things I've seen, but I'm not really sure.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If it was this past weekend and has been relatively calm before and since, it may just have been the servers getting hammered with an extra large number of players due to the free login weekend they were doing.

If it's still going on then yeah, it might be an internet backbone thing which is out of your hands. You can try pingtest.net to see if you have any more generalized problems with internet consistency (you want 0% packet loss and very low jitter) - if so, that may be something your ISP can do something about.

e: Often subtle problems like that will only show up noticeably with something ping/packet-loss sensitive like online gaming, but won't have too much of an observable effect on general internet use (which is often either loading very small things or buffering so far ahead that it mitigates the issue).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Belrouze posted:

Little late to the music selection, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXztvRR3sLk is my fav.

I absolutely love that nearly every single video for FF music involves the same naked catboy running around. The only way it'd be better was if he was a Roe

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

So did I miss the part where someone posted Oblivion or was the question "what's your favorite song that's not Oblivion because that one is clearly the best?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHkMfJBDFZM

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Was thinking about what to do for future in game activities and came up with this old thing again courtesy of Kettlepip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH2xQ_MHMDc

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I wonder if anyone has gotten a mug off on Nael or Bahamut.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Just got through this Tam-Tara after a hilariously long queue on my new pugilist:

Pretty sure that's a bad parse for a PGL18, because I'm still getting used to actually having to work (unlike DRG), but at least I didn't do 4 DPS! :v: (all he did was spam sleep and occasionally blizzard, even after some polite attempts at starting conversations about it in chat)

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

pksage posted:

Just got through this Tam-Tara after a hilariously long queue on my new pugilist:

Pretty sure that's a bad parse for a PGL18, because I'm still getting used to actually having to work (unlike DRG), but at least I didn't do 4 DPS! :v: (all he did was spam sleep and occasionally blizzard, even after some polite attempts at starting conversations about it in chat)

what do you use as a dps tracker?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/218064-No-love-for-V-day.

People are mad the valentines quest has no gays.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Never a shortage of anger and laughs in the official forums. Anyone have any other noteworthy official forums posts?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It also only had same-race relationships. (species?)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

T12 down. Had to holmgang through a revelation and the healers had to DPS, but holy poo poo.

Four bennus makes that fight a hell of a lot easier, lemme tell you.

dat real dark souls tho (T13 spoilers)

i have no idea what im doing help

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Rei_ posted:

i have no idea what im doing help

Listen he's really easy just make sure his HP hits zero before yours does.

Also in under 14 minutes.

There might be some other stuff to do but I can't remember so it must not be that important.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Potsticker posted:

It also only had same-race relationships. (species?)

Who cares?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Verranicus posted:

Who cares?

the internet

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Who cares?

You'd think if they cared about same-gender relationships, they'd care about other inequalities, too. Clearly they are being too narrow in their focus.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Who cares?

i'm glad there was no race-mixing

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Potsticker posted:

You'd think if they cared about same-gender relationships, they'd care about other inequalities, too. Clearly they are being too narrow in their focus.

My bad, I thought you were being serious before. I've been lurking in the tumblr thread too much.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
personally i am shocked at the lack of big cocked catgirls falling in love with ultros, considering japan and all

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Who cares?

Do you not remember the giant post about how it was terrible that Nael coming back as a female was outrageous and harming transgendered people by making them a villain? People will be outraged by anything and everything.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

personally i am shocked at the lack of big cocked catgirls falling in love with ultros, considering japan and all

Clearly you didn't spend enough time in character creation if you didn't find the cock slider.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Clearly you didn't spend enough time in character creation if you didn't find the cock slider.

i only had enough money to unlock the butt slider in the mog station :(

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So is anyone else easing off on playing in preparation for Triple Triad? I'm working on my last non-50 class but I'm doing it slowly (one level a day instead of grindgrindgrind) so I'm not burnt out before the feature I've been wanting for months is finally added.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Verranicus posted:

So is anyone else easing off on playing in preparation for Triple Triad? I'm working on my last non-50 class but I'm doing it slowly (one level a day instead of grindgrindgrind) so I'm not burnt out before the feature I've been wanting for months is finally added.

I see my pristine patch of green and my forever sky, the bananas quietly sway above me. For here I know peace, serenity cannot escape me.

Soothing yard...

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'm paying $10 a month for interactive FF card games. No regret.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

triple sulk posted:

So I'm on Comcast in Philly and I'm having crippling lag in combat, primarily dungeons. I get 5-10 second spikes at times. During that time I have data sending, but 0 receiving. My internet is 100% fine for everything else. I'm running Windows 8.1 under Boot Camp, but that shouldn't matter. It's incredibly frustrating and any help is appreciated because it makes the game borderline unplayable. At one point recently I tried WTFast but it didn't seem to do poo poo. Supposedly this is a Level3 issue based on a couple things I've seen, but I'm not really sure.

Myself and a couple others in my static on Comcast have been having awful Coil lag / rubberbanding to the point that we all gave pingzapper a try tonight to see if it was just terrible Comcast routing. No problems tonight after turning it on, despite having issues in WoD before that with it off. I'm not sold yet, but at first glance it seems to be helping.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Verranicus posted:

Kortel posted:

This. When did they say this stuff was coming again? End of Feb?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Verranicus posted:

Who cares?

I thought it was kind of lame they were all dudes and ladies of the exact same race and clan. Nothing really interesting about any of them, actually.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have Comcast and I get the same problems. Sudden massive lag spikes that last anywhere from a few to 15 seconds. And then when it's over I get to see everything that happened during the spike happen all at once, which is pretty impressive I have to admit.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pierson posted:

This. When did they say this stuff was coming again? End of Feb?

Feb 24th

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kortel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8426HdRFDYA

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I'm almost certain there's some internet routing fuckery on the east coast when it comes to the FF14 servers. Basically ever since launch I've been having lag spikes on Verizon, once I got battleping they went away entirely. I've had no issues with any other MMO.

• Locked thread