Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

slidebite posted:

Someone posted this in another forum

I would drive the hell out of this

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4873367721.html
Some of the photos could be :nws:

...Kreiger-san?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

I mean, I agree that superbeetles are near worthless (though the convertibles / "karmann convertibles" have some novelty and impossible-to-find parts), but thems fightin' words.

Why does it need a sink :hawaaaafap: :cry:

Sink dispenses cocaine instead of water

City17
Dec 3, 2006

What you need are some sexy wheels for your truck.

Not sure if sexy is the look I want, I think sensuous would be a classier look.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Negromancer posted:

I have never heard of any issues without the stock wing, but all of my old aw11's had wings.

The extended buttresses and rear louver coming back from the sides and top of the (vertically flat) rear window were designed to create a low pressure area above the engine deck to help draw hot air out from the vents above the engine. This has the effect of also making the back end light at speed... in a mid engine car. One of the very few cars where a wing is actually useful at legal speeds. I've never driven one without a wing, as it's rare to see one optioned without it, but I've heard it's a noticeable difference.

Geirskogul posted:

Why does it need a sink

How else are you going to get the blood off your hands?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
The first gen Audi TT is also an example of requiring a spoiler, a bit under slightly faster speeds.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The FB RX-7 also benefits greatly from a spoiler, but it was a surprisingly rare option. I definitely noticed a huge improvement in rear stability even at low highway speeds when I installed one on mine, and I'm pretty sure it's the only thing that saved my dumb rear end on a few occasions.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4876496732.html

This E30 looks like it might actually be a reasonable deal by today's standards.

I wonder what's going on with the discoloration on the valve cover and manifold though:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Geirskogul posted:

I mean, I agree that superbeetles are near worthless (though the convertibles / "karmann convertibles" have some novelty and impossible-to-find parts), but thems fightin' words.

Pretty sure custom vans back then were often used like little mini-campers.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

This E30 looks like it might actually be a reasonable deal by today's standards.

I wonder what's going on with the discoloration on the valve cover and manifold though:

that discoloration is cosmoline, which was sprayed over the engine bay to protect the car from corrosion during shipping to the US. Its a pain to clean off but harmless.

looks pretty decent but might be more of a $4000-4500 car, based on the interior condition.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Negromancer posted:

Thats interesting, I hope he got it back without any damage as he seems to be listing it for the same prices as it was back at the end of november. Did you check out that '85 yet?

Still haven't seen the 85 but drove the blue one today, sent you a FB message.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BraveUlysses posted:

that discoloration is cosmoline, which was sprayed over the engine bay to protect the car from corrosion during shipping to the US. Its a pain to clean off but harmless.

looks pretty decent but might be more of a $4000-4500 car, based on the interior condition.

Annnnd I think you just solved the mystery of why a lot of north american 3SGEs have a slightly gold tint to their valve covers when they are supposed to be silver. Holy poo poo.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

Ah, Cosmoline, will your wonders never cease? Today, you can still walk into a good gun store and find a display of Mosin-Nagants being sold directly out of the crate they were packed into 70 years ago. You don't even have to see it. You walk into the store and the smell of cosmoline tells you its there.

Geirskogul posted:

For washing your genitals, if you're using a van for it's God-intended purpose.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Anyone want a cheap CRX?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4878376528.html

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That CRX looks completely shagged. The camber on that rear wheel doesn't look great either

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wonder how much was invested.

I'm fairly confident that car would be listed for at least twice the price here in Alberta.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Sure looks like a show car to me

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm fairly confident that car would be listed for at least twice the price here in Alberta.

2500 FIRM NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

2500 FIRM NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

you guys don't even have to make up theoretical ads.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

"All parts are there so no worries" :v:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I like how the first ad lists the paint code as if that's ever going to be useful.

Possibly actual gold:

I'm glad my bonus isn't paid out until march otherwise I'd be buying this right now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 6, 2015

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

I'm losing my driver's license so I gotta sell my car but I'll also take trades

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Losing license, will trade accord for camaro

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

Losing license, will trade accord for camaro

Camaros look better on cinder blocks in the front yard compared to an Accord

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

"30 mpg Lamborghini doors"

I ... don't think you get Lambos.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Hey goons, a good friend of mine was in an accident that totaled his e36.. If anyone stumbles upon a good/clean/manual e36 (325is, 328is, m3) e34 or e39 (530i/540i/m5) in the pacific NW area that they're not trying to buy, you should post it... Bonus points for cosmosschwarz.

blk posted:

3.5-4k e30 in my books but it would never hurt to see if the guy would take 4k. I've seen better ones for 5k in Oregon. It would be 5k+ if it was a 1988/rust free/extensive service history; it's close but not quite there in my opinion. Sweet e30 though.

Driver and maybe passenger side bolster have rips and will need replacing, but the rest of the leather is restorable. Common interior color, so all you would have to do is buy a donor seat with good bolsters, since they are interchangeable seat to seat. As an added bonus, you'll probably have a blown adjustment strut or 4 in the car's seats, and your donor seat might have some good ones.

If you're buying an e30, don't forget to check the jack and battery wells for rust! And the passenger side floor pan! Many e30s have literally never had the sunroof drains or elephant trunk cleaned of debris, so these are all really common rust points.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
This came up on a local racing forum for $4500. Good thing (for my bank account) I don't have any space right now....

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Arcsech posted:

Trades don't necessarily mean other vehicles.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fifty Three posted:

Trades don't necessarily mean other vehicles.

Camaro trade firebird mustang fox body third gen camaro chevy

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Genuinely surprised he didn't say "camero"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

Camaro trade firebird mustang fox body third gen camaro chevy

Is this the first time you've seen keyword spam?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

PCOS Bill posted:

Of course not.But usually it's one of two things: either every make and model imaginable, or words related to the ad. This seemed like the former to me, since he's so specific about fox bodies and thirdgen 'maros.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Brigdh posted:

This came up on a local racing forum for $4500. Good thing (for my bank account) I don't have any space right now....

brb convincing my friend in Colorado to go buy this (front range = Colorado, right?)

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Pham Nuwen posted:

brb convincing my friend in Colorado to go buy this (front range = Colorado, right?)

Yes, its a Colorado car. I PM'd you a direct link to the ad which has a bunch more pics

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

Raluek posted:

Of course not.But usually it's one of two things: either every make and model imaginable, or words related to the ad. This seemed like the former to me, since he's so specific about fox bodies and thirdgen 'maros.

Judging by the SUDDEN RANDOM CAPITALS I think he wants firearm trades. Craigslist will pull the ad if he just says "trade for guns," though.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Arcsech posted:

Lamborghini door?

I didn't know you could buy them in installments...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

saint gerald posted:

Judging by the SUDDEN RANDOM CAPITALS I think he wants firearm trades. Craigslist will pull the ad if he just says "trade for guns," though.

Which is a shame. Trading for guns owns.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

PCOS Bill posted:

Not wanting to debate semantic and worthless poo poo on the internet may lower your blood pressure or make you seem less of an arsehole.
AI is in general more cruisey than a lot of SA's other sub forums. Most people here don't have a point to prove.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fo3 posted:

Not wanting to debate semantic and worthless poo poo on the internet may lower your blood pressure or make you seem less of an arsehole.
AI is in general more cruisey than a lot of SA's other sub forums. Most people here don't have a point to prove.

Don't bother, it's PCOS Bill. Arguing semantics and worthless poo poo is his thing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fo3 posted:

Friend, I was asking a sincere question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

metaxus posted:

Lamborghini door?

I didn't know you could buy them in installments...

That supplier obviously has his finger on the pulse of his target market by offering them in installments.