Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

I played 50+ Botes games across both weekend and filled out both surveys, but did not get into the alpha, so it's not a universal thing

Sadly some of the Beta weekenders they admitted are terrible and more concerned with calling people names and going against everything we should be doing as testers. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

My experience with videogame alpha testers is that some namecalling probably isn't uncalled for.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Remarkably there is only one name off the top of my head that stands out as a complete shitlord that everyone loathes from Alpha. For the most part the rest are chill dudes who enjoy testing and want to help. This one gently caress though starts every match barking orders and calling everyone 'Kid'.. right, go gently caress yourself.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I liked the dude who hadn't gotten out of tier three before saying they could shut down the server because he was the only one testing.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

demonR6 posted:

Sadly some of the Beta weekenders they admitted are terrible and more concerned with calling people names and going against everything we should be doing as testers. Go figure.

Called some pub a number of interesting and not very pleasant names for trying to cap out instead of chasing down the 3 enemy carriers that were left in a tier 5 game. When he wouldn't leave cap I tk'ed him to both the joy and amusement of my team. I think this is a good test of the chat and tk system. He did not. I suggest tk'ing shitlords as a test of the games systems and your own general amusement.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

xthetenth posted:

I liked the dude who hadn't gotten out of tier three before saying they could shut down the server because he was the only one testing.

I have a KOS on biogrip no matter what team he is on. Since TK's don't matter, if I am in a DE I will launch waves of torps at a close enough range then blame him for crossing in the path. In bigger ships I would use him as a meat shield and block him as much as possible. No love lost between us. If you do manage to TK biogrip, the steady stream of obscenities is glorious.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I forgot how stupid pubbies are when it comes to dealing with the Black Prince. I got HT-9 or whatever, block your vehicle's HP pool in damage. I got stuck facing the field, alone, in Ruinberg encounter as a top tier. I died, yeah, but not after the enemy team had dumped almost 3k in blocked damage alone on me. This was does not count an IS firing HE at my turret and taking maybe 500 of my health over two minutes. We won because they were so focused on killing me, 10 of my team capped :eyepop:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So if there is a new Brazilian server, and it gives better ping for you, Rossmum, would you play on it?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Br?
Br?
Br?
Br? Algum Br?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

demonR6 posted:

Br?
Br?
Br?
Br? Algum Br?

Eng? Eng? Speak Eng???

Uh, I don't think I could resist trolling the Br multilinguists.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Butchering their language more than it already is using Google translate is p. good. Whenever they say "You said that wrong." you can respond back with "no, you learned it wrong scrub." Try it, it's fun.

Telling them their lovely version of Portuguese when everyone knows only people from Portugal know how to use the language correctly gets you extra points.. and possibly team killed depending on the circumstances.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 4, 2015

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Better yet, tell them to speak Spanish like their betters do.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

saintonan posted:

Better yet, tell them to speak Spanish like their betters do.

I must add that troll to the repertoire.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I wonder if you can be chatbanned on the NA server for things you say in something other than English.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

saintonan posted:

I wonder if you can be chatbanned on the NA server for things you say in something other than English.

Yes, you can get RO'd/ chatbanned because the moderator that saw the report didn't understand what you wrote.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Super test stats for the new T9 French medium. Looks like a sex machine.

Characteristics (for 100 percent crew):
AMX-30 Prototype
Hitpoints: 1650
Engine: 720 hp
Weight: 32,5 tons
Power-to-weight: 22,15 hp/t
Maximum speed: 65/23 km/h
Hull traverse: 36 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,863/0,959/1,726
Turret traverse: 45,9 deg/s
Viewrange: 390
Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 80/30/?
Turret armor: 80/40/?

Elite gun: 105mm
Damage: 390
Penetration: 260
ROF: 6,586
DPM: 2568,7
Reload: 9,11
Accuracy: 0,316
Aimtime: 2,21s
Depression: -8/+20

Edit: Also I keep getting worse at this game, I do not know why. Platoons, solo it just does not matter I cannot win. I feel like I should take a break or something: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Mesadoram/1000107943/

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 4, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tahirovic and I just saw our first T-55A in game, so they're in the wild already. I'm still halfway to the StuG IV :downsgun:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Super test stats for the new T9 French medium. Looks like a sex machine.

Hitpoints: 1650
Weight: 32,5 tons
Power-to-weight: 22,15 hp/t
Hull traverse: 36 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,863/0,959/1,726
Turret traverse: 45,9 deg/s
Viewrange: 390

Hull armor: 80/30/?

ROF: 6,586
DPM: 2568,7
Reload: 9,11
Accuracy: 0,316
Aimtime: 2,21s
Depression: -8/+20

It's about time the MBT of the French army during the cold war got actually put in-game.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

It could be anything and I would love it for being "Not the Lorraine".

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

RIP Leo 1 you were to beautiful for this game.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

just installed battle assistant and holy poo poo it's amazing for arty. Shame i'm still terrible though. One question i had is does ammo go boom if you get destroyed? If i load a few gold rounds in a tank for occasions when i come up against a higher tier do i pay for it again every time i die?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

just installed battle assistant and holy poo poo it's amazing for arty. Shame i'm still terrible though. One question i had is does ammo go boom if you get destroyed? If i load a few gold rounds in a tank for occasions when i come up against a higher tier do i pay for it again every time i die?

Only if you use them. You don't have to buy them again every time you die.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

sarmhan posted:

It's about time the MBT of the French army during the cold war got actually put in-game.

Yeah. About loving time they put more cold war tanks in this game about WW2 tanks. Although to be fair, since they've already put them in for all the other nations it can't make anything worse at least.

Infected posted:

It will forever live on in my heart as the sexiest tank of WoT.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Keksen posted:

Yeah. About loving time they put more cold war tanks in this game about WW2 tanks. Although to be fair, since they've already put them in for all the other nations it can't make anything worse at least.

It will forever live on in my heart as the sexiest tank of WoT.
I mean tier 10 has been early-cold war stuff and paper designs for a long time now. Having an actually heavily used and built tank is better than tanks that never saw service or were never even built. Compared to the other Tier 9-10 french options which are all prototypes that never saw production, having the actual MBT of the french army is great.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

WayAbvPar posted:

It could be anything and I would love it for being "Not the Lorraine".

Wait wait. I just came back to the game and I have a 13 90 that is about halfway to the Lorraine. Does that mean I may not have to play that shitbox by the time I get to it?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gently caress YES, Tahirovic and I just got the 1k damage and 2k damage cap missions respectively by rushing valley on Lakeville in a 111 1-4 and Conqueror. loving finally!

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

sarmhan posted:

I mean tier 10 has been early-cold war stuff and paper designs for a long time now. Having an actually heavily used and built tank is better than tanks that never saw service or were never even built. Compared to the other Tier 9-10 french options which are all prototypes that never saw production, having the actual MBT of the french army is great.

You're right. I just think that a lot of those tanks shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. I understand why they decided to put them in but that doesn't mean I can't think it's stupid. And then bitch about it on the internet in an obnoxious way.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Infected posted:

Wait, they are removing the Leopard 1? Why?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Abisteen posted:

Wait wait. I just came back to the game and I have a 13 90 that is about halfway to the Lorraine. Does that mean I may not have to play that shitbox by the time I get to it?

If you play it like a T9 50 100 and not a 13 90 you will do fine in it.

With that being said, I loving hated it when it was tier 8 and as tier 9. I also hated the 50 100, so take that as you will.

Animal posted:

Wait, they are removing the Leopard 1? Why?

New French T10 medium is going to be amazing (probably maybe possibly so).

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
For realz the AMX-30 is gorgeous. I already re-bought the 13-90 in preparation.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1008970260-Paul_Are/

This guy has an Object 260 already

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesa and other people who aren't winning as much lately - stop trying to win. Be a shithead damage farmer for WN8, be a seal clubber for winrate, or sabotage your team for the missions. Trying to win is not going to be fun because XVM will not tell you when your teammates will sabotage you for a mission. Low winrate players you can tell will be useless. CHAI members will sabotage your team to farm WN8. That additional variable of some shittily designed mission causing insane behavior is just too much. Give up and be a shitter.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Even though it says "we lost some ammo", you don't actually lose ammo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Give up and be a shitter.

I think getting obsessed with my stats is causing me to have an unrealistic expectation on how every game should go. Being in a super competitive clan is also not helping the paranoia with my stats...

#firstworldunicumproblems

Edit:

Since I don't want to directly post from themanwhoshallnotbenamed, here is the AMX-30B preliminary stats. :siren:Most of the stats are place holders:siren::

AMX-30B
Hitpoints: 1900
Weight: 36 tons
Power-to-weight: 20 hp/t
Hull traverse: 48 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,959/1,151/2,014
Turret traverse: 39,6 deg/s
Viewrange: 400

Hull armor: 80/35/?

ROF: 6,134
DPM: 2392,4
Reload: 9,781
Accuracy: 0,326
Aimtime: 2,3s
Depression: -8

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 4, 2015

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Even though it says "we lost some ammo", you don't actually lose ammo.

cool,

also what's the deal with 0 damage criticals? I get a minimum of one per game, is there anything i'm doing wrong?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

That's a press or dev account, he hasn't even played the T-55A yet.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

cool,

also what's the deal with 0 damage criticals? I get a minimum of one per game, is there anything i'm doing wrong?

You hit an external component, like the tracks or a gun, but either didn't penetrate or didn't hit the armour behind it. You technically penetrated, so the game tells you so, but you didn't penetrate the enemy hull, so he takes no damage.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

NTRabbit posted:

Also, in a surprise to me, the GW E-100 is joining the W-100 on the scrapheap apparently, and being replaced by something called a Grille 30 or 42 with a 305mm or 420mm mortar.

Mein Leben!

This is just a push to make arty more inaccurate. Grille 420 (blaze it) for CW only, like the Conc GC is now.

Unless your pubstars will spot and hold back the spotting monsters.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 4, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I hate Lakeville. Driving my Bishop towards the town so I can reach better and then I noticed on the map that one td camped spawn, the other two arty hid in the corner, one medium went town and everyone else clogged the valley. Clogged it like a toilet after a big mammal drops a massive poo poo into it. I barely failed to drown myself before I got blown up by the enemy lights and mediums that breezed through and murdered everyone from behind while their alley cloggers held the line. :shrek:

But then I went into my S-51 and hit a heavy for 1600 damage, one shotting him and after taunting him all was well again. :)

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The AMX-30 twig coming from the 13 90 is pretty boring. I mean, it's not like the 13 90 is a terrible tank to grind through again, but where are the other tanks? France had a sizable pre-release tree packed with interesting interbellum tanks this could have come from, but none of them have moved on from 2 year old ingame models.