Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Discount Viscount posted:

They do, yes. I just filled out one for After Burner II.

I also just looked at my product registration history. Good God.
Dont look at your to-do history or you'll see all the surveys you let expire and how many coins you gave up on :I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dont look at your to-do history or you'll see all the surveys you let expire and how many coins you gave up on :I

I lost 40 coins that way. Bit more attentive now.

Club Nintendo is "down for maintenance" yet again. Apparently they didn't anticipate that, just maybe, putting up a bunch of free stuff would cause a lot of people to visit their site. I just want to go in and look around at the rewards, but I haven't even been able to log in for 2 days.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

JustJeff88 posted:

I lost 40 coins that way. Bit more attentive now.

Club Nintendo is "down for maintenance" yet again. Apparently they didn't anticipate that, just maybe, putting up a bunch of free stuff would cause a lot of people to visit their site. I just want to go in and look around at the rewards, but I haven't even been able to log in for 2 days.

They probably anticipated it just fine and chose to do nothing about it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There's no rush on the digital rewards since they'll be there until June (and surveys until end of March). This is all about people wanting cheap tacky physical crap

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, those digital rewards aren't going anywhere. Everyone just let the nerds (ha ha totally not us guys) have the site for a while and go back in a few weeks or whatever when it actually works again.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I hope this is a glitch in the completely overrun system...
Yesterday I managed to log in and almost get to purchase Earthbound. I still had 1100 coins, so all good. Before I could redeem, the site crashed, surprise surprise .
When I managed to log in last night, briefly, it claims my balance is 0 coins, and I'm 300 from Gold status.
Im assuming it's website shenanigans.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

I hope this is a glitch in the completely overrun system...
Yesterday I managed to log in and almost get to purchase Earthbound. I still had 1100 coins, so all good. Before I could redeem, the site crashed, surprise surprise .
When I managed to log in last night, briefly, it claims my balance is 0 coins, and I'm 300 from Gold status.
Im assuming it's website shenanigans.

Yeah, the site's been doing the same for me repeatedly, but I was still able to make a redemption after that. So I think your coin balance is still safe!

If you can get the site to load properly, that is... I just tried to make another redemption and it said that I needed 200 more coins. Bah.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 3, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Funny, if you get Super Metroid for Wii U it's 200 coins but if you get it for Wii it's 250 coins :downs: same story with Super Punch Out

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The upside of all of this is that by the time I can actually log on and try to purchase something, I should have my postplay surveys for the free games/demos that give coins.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

mdm posted:

Funny, if you get Super Metroid for Wii U it's 200 coins but if you get it for Wii it's 250 coins :downs: same story with Super Punch Out

That's kind of great for me, actually. I was going to get the Wii version, which was a February special, for 250 and then maybe pay the $1.50 "upgrade fee" to make it WIi U instead. I'll gladly take less coins and no fee for the Wii U version, though.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Mario's Picross is so addictive. Got it last night and I already beat all the Kinoko courses and got started with the Star courses. I love this game

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I have something of a technical question about the WiiU.

Like many, I'm going to pick up a copy of Trilogy before the sale ends. I have enough space on my Wii U to download it to the internal hard drive, but it's still going to take a while; my Wii U downloads much slower on the wireless than any of my laptops. What I want to know is if the Wii U will shut off during a download with no input. I'd like to just buy the game, start downloading the 8-9 gigs of data, put the gamepad in the charging cradle, turn off my TV and go to bed. Has anyone let the system go for hours while DLing something? I've never done that for more than 40 minutes or so at a time, and the Wii U's auto-shutoff kicks in after an hour, I believe.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You can turn off the Wii U mid download and it'll will silently finish it while turned off. I don't know if that's a setting you need to turn on first.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Unless you've hosed with the setting somewhere, the Wii U should go into standby mode after you turn it off and continue downloading whatever was active when it shut down. It's the same thing it uses to download patches and updates overnight, so make sure that's turned on and you should be fine.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You can turn off the auto-shutoff, but the Wii U also has a standby feature in which it can download while the console is switched off. As long as your settings enable it, you can turn the system right off, the indicator light will turn orange, and it'll download the game overnight.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mercurochrome posted:

Mario's Picross is so addictive. Got it last night and I already beat all the Kinoko courses and got started with the Star courses. I love this game

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once you beat the Star courses that's pretty much it. :(

at least there's a ton of picross e games on the eshop but it really crushes my nuts that they keep padding out those games with a ton of piss easy puzzles

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Mercurochrome posted:

Dude holy crap, slow yourself down.

I play Picross to get to sleep, so I almost never play any more than 3 puzzles at a time. It's gonna' suck when I'm done with the Star courses, though. Don't think there's a 3D Picross game on the eShop, but I really wish there was.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
If you've not gotten Picross DS or 3D Picross for the DS then get on that, I think you can still get 3D Picross for dirt cheap.

Picross DS lasted me for years (partly because I got stuck and would come back to it every now and then, finally getting unstuck and fniishing it off in the space of a few weeks.)

It also has surprisingly well-implemented support for the Rumble Pak if you're playing it on the original DS or Lite. That's the kind of trifling goofy poo poo I really respect.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Picross 3D launched at $20 so I can't imagine it would be very expensive if you could find a copy online or in a store or whatever.

Picross DS owns, too, though there comes a part of the game I remember disliking. That being said it could just be my memory playing tricks on me. From what I recall there was an option in Picross DS called "Try It Out!" where you could basically make any moves you want without the game penalizing you and none of the moves would finalize unless you wanted it to. Basically just a scrap piece of paper to Try Out if your next moves are correct, in case you reached a point where you just needed to guess. Now what I remember is I hit a point in Picross DS where the game just said "yeah from here on out the only way to solve some of these puzzles is to guess so go try Try It Out!".

If that's the case then ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I really don't want to guess in a Picross game. I strive for the moments where you're staring at a puzzle for what feels like ten minutes then you finally find what one little square you can fill in or cross off and the rest of the puzzle starts coming together. It's great.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Is it worth waiting until they announce the Gold/Plat awards? I'm on the fence between W101 and DKCR3D for the bulk of my points - is it likely that either (or both) of these will make the list?

On a related note, are any of the other retail WiiU games or the Paper Mario game for the 3DS a better deal coins-wise?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Is it worth waiting until they announce the Gold/Plat awards? I'm on the fence between W101 and DKCR3D for the bulk of my points - is it likely that either (or both) of these will make the list?

I'm really kinda on the fence on this, because I have 1030 coins, and planning on Super Mario World (20), Super Metroid (20) and Wonderful 101 (70), which would bring me to 140 coins, and if I can use those free ones that were posted, it should bring me enough coins to get another game.

The problem being that if I wait until the gold/platinum in April, the coin redemption ends March 30th and I lose all the coins to get another game.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

On a related note, are any of the other retail WiiU games or the Paper Mario game for the 3DS a better deal coins-wise?

Are you going to lose any coins before the announcement? If not, you can wait.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Anyone happen to have an extra Nintendo Club code they want to trade?

I'm 15 points from Platinum and have two copies of Disney Magical World 3DS, but could only redeem one of the codes.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Malt posted:

Anyone happen to have an extra Nintendo Club code they want to trade?

I'm 15 points from Platinum and have two copies of Disney Magical World 3DS, but could only redeem one of the codes.

Did you download the free stuff that the guy posted earlier (Pokemon bank, etc?)

Edit: You can also get Gunman Clive. It's $2, gives you 5 coins to register and 10 coins for a post play survey.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 4, 2015

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is there any workaround to get to the reward pages for the select few games that don't have the correct links? 3D Classics Xevious and Brain Age Express: Arts & Language have links that point to the same random default page. Looking around a bit there are a couple of other rewards suffering the same fate. I can't find another way to to find their respective pages, and trying to "hack" the links hasn't worked for me.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

W101 is the only Wii U game worth the coins, imo. Wii Fit U requires the balance board and Game & Wario is the worst of the Wario games. Sticker Star is also the worst Paper Mario game. That being said, I picked up W101 for $26 at Gamestop and I've seen Sticker Star for $15-20 online. 100 fewer coins for a better game seems worth it to me. Even in the off chance the gold/plat games aren't better choices, you can just flip the code on SA Mart or eBay.

The big downside is that W101 is around 12 GB digitally.

edit: Not 18-19. I don't know why I thought it was that big.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 4, 2015

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Game & Wario is the worst of the Wario games

But it's the best Pictionary game, so......... :shrug:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

The big downside is that W101 is around 18-19 GB digitally. You'll use up most of your storage space if you don't have an external drive.

It's around 12.5 GB. Not a huge diference from what you said, but significant for people low on space.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't like to think about the fact that I missed out on hundreds of coins.

Speaking of which, I tried registering some Wii software, and the site said, "Sorry, it's expired!" and I was all "Aw, okay," but then when I looked at the home page, there were the product registration surveys.

I figure people are already well aware of this, but I honestly didn't realize that the expired codes would still magically work until just now.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ultigonio posted:

I figure people are already well aware of this, but I honestly didn't realize that the expired codes would still magically work until just now.

My Kirby's Epic Yarn is expired and didn't magically give me a survey. :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Weird, I just downloaded and did the survey for Lucadian Chronicles and it gave me 0 coins. The survey said it would give me 10 but I got nothing. This isn't like the normal little hiccups, it's actually listed on my Accounts & Coins page with 0.

Wonder if they turned the free stuff off.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

Weird, I just downloaded and did the survey for Lucadian Chronicles and it gave me 0 coins. The survey said it would give me 10 but I got nothing. This isn't like the normal little hiccups, it's actually listed on my Accounts & Coins page with 0.

Ughhhhh I was going to download all the free things today, noooooo. :(

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ughhhhh I was going to download all the free things today, noooooo. :(

I just redeemed the 3DS freebies within the last ten minutes, go on ahead and try.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I just saw that Star Fox 64 for Wii is available as a reward, and I am very happy about that. That was on VC for coins right after I signed up for Club Nintendo last summer, but I forgot the date for monthly changeover and missed out. Too bad that there isn't a Wii U "port" like with Super Metroid, but it's still a sure buy for me.

So, Super Metroid 'U' for 200 coins and SF64 for 250. Now to spend 760 more coins. I'd kind of like Wonderful 101, but I don't have the hard drive space for it with Trilogy on my Wii U and I'm not keen to buy a hard drive. There are some GBA games there that look tempting, but I bought myself a Game Boy Player for GameCube as a Christmas present and I have a lot of those listed GBA games on cartridge. It's hard to justify spending coins to buy games I can already play on my flat screen and also take with me while away from home that use the same save files. Golden Sun is a good example.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

Are you sure it was the post play survey and not the product registration survey? The first survey you get for it says that it gives 0 coins. (I haven't gotten the post play survey yet, but I assume it's still to come.)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

elf help book posted:

I believe Lucadian Chronicles only gives points for the post play survey, not for the initial survey.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Oh, cool. Then the weird thing was that the survey square said it would give me 10 coins. Everyone go download the free poo poo.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

elf help book posted:

Oh, cool. Then the weird thing was that the survey square said it would give me 10 coins. Everyone go download the free poo poo.

That actually happened with me earlier this week with the Lego City Underground post-play survey. I filled it out completely three times, each time it said it would add 10 coins, but my updated total was 0. But the survey kept showing up in my to do list. At one point when the site seemed more stable, I did it and it worked correctly.

Edit: Does anyone know if we get post-play surveys for the Wii downloads, like Super Mario Sunshine 2 and Metroid Trilogy?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I've had those squares randomly just show me completely incorrect games before. Not even during this, during normal usage times. So, I'm not shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

My Kirby's Epic Yarn is expired and didn't magically give me a survey. :(
I actually didn't bother trying Epic Yarn's code, but both Wario Land: Shake It! and Rhythm Heaven Fever yielded codes.

I'm gradually amassing over 1000 coins, so now I'm starting to think about what I want to do with them. I deeply enjoyed the first two Brain Age games - anyone wanna' convince me not to grab Concentration Training for 600 coins?