Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah it's important to stress that those seven episodes of the Super 17 Saga is essentially all one fight

one fight where nothing happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

yeah it's important to stress that those seven episodes of the Super 17 Saga is essentially all one fight

Krillen dies... again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

facebook jihad posted:

Weren't there like only 67 or so episodes of DBGT? How did they cram so many story arcs in that many episodes? So were these like ten episode arcs?
'So many?' there were four. Searching for the dragon balls, Baby, Super 17, Omega Shenron.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Isn't Baby a robot? How does that make him the last Tuffle survivor?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

'So many?' there were four. Searching for the dragon balls, Baby, Super 17, Omega Shenron.

Ah so the same amount as DBZ then

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Can we talk about something new?

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/03/momoiro-clover-z-provide-guest-voices-revival-f/

quote:

Momoiro Clover Z, the idol group previously revealed to be providing the main theme for the 2015 movie Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F”, made an appearance in Tokyo today to announce that they will also be lending their voices to the film. All five members of the group will be playing “an important role”, voicing angels tasked with keeping Freeza captive in Hell. The group gave a sneak-peek of their characters, who are color-coded identically to their real-life counterparts, and appear among a variety of cuddly creatures in Hell. These angels heavily resemble the character Gatchan from Dr. Slump (who also appears in Dragon Ball during the Red Ribbon Army arc); Gatchan is, in fact, an angel, as is revealed late in Dr. Slump. (At the same time, however, the God of that series has nothing to do with the divine characters of Dragon Ball, and instead serves as the model/inspiration for Kame-Sen’nin.)

This loving rules.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Calling it: Frieza going to brutally massacre them to set up Maximum the Horomone's "F" at the very start.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

sharktamer posted:

Isn't Baby a robot? How does that make him the last Tuffle survivor?

He is not a robot per say. According to the wiki, he's a superior life form that is acts as a parasite which has the DNA of the last Tuffle King. There is leeway if you want to say DNA of something makes it a Tuffle or not is up for discussion.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
keep stupid idol poo poo out of my dragonball

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Blockhouse posted:

I guess that's why I remember it only being like two episodes. A lot of GT is kind of a blur.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
GT feels like Toei wasn't actually aware Toriyama was done with Dragon Ball (for a while), so they just kept making filler, hoping day after day for a new chapter to show up so they could print more money.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

keep stupid idol poo poo out of my dragonball

Dragonball is all about dumb poo poo, so whatever.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Calling it: Frieza going to brutally massacre them to set up Maximum the Horomone's "F" at the very start.
I now know I want this to happen over all things.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BMB5150 posted:

He is not a robot per say. According to the wiki, he's a superior life form that is acts as a parasite which has the DNA of the last Tuffle King. There is leeway if you want to say DNA of something makes it a Tuffle or not is up for discussion.

Was the idea that the Tuffles shared Planet Vegeta with the Saiyans something that was made up for the anime, or was it included in the manga as well? I can't remember.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

Was the idea that the Tuffles shared Planet Vegeta with the Saiyans something that was made up for the anime, or was it included in the manga as well? I can't remember.

It was only used in the anime but the story came from a memo Toriyama wrote the anime staff about Saiyan history.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Not a whole lot new here, but someone posted the intro cinematic for Xenoverse. Pretty cool song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymQitTUUBo

Have they actually said why it was delayed for everyone other than Japan? Just a big "gently caress you everyone else in the world" thing or was there a legitimate problem with every non-Japanese version of the game? I don't actually believe that, I just really want to play this loving game...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Aww, I wanted them to get Kageyama to belt out some vocals.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Not a whole lot new here, but someone posted the intro cinematic for Xenoverse. Pretty cool song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymQitTUUBo

Have they actually said why it was delayed for everyone other than Japan? Just a big "gently caress you everyone else in the world" thing or was there a legitimate problem with every non-Japanese version of the game? I don't actually believe that, I just really want to play this loving game...

Wow. They didn't even try to animate that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

That was one of the worst animated intros for a DBZ. It was so...nothing.

It had to be an issue with the foreign versions because people usually don't do the exclusive in origin country thing unless there is an issue.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Meh, the song is still pretty cool, and the purple-aura bad guys look pretty sinister.

So is this Trunks the Future Trunks who came to fight the Androids? He looks so.. young. Where did he even get Dragon Balls?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Meh, the song is still pretty cool, and the purple-aura bad guys look pretty sinister.

So is this Trunks the Future Trunks who came to fight the Androids? He looks so.. young. Where did he even get Dragon Balls?

The story is that Future Trunks went back home and the God of Time was basically like "motherfucker, you can't just gently caress with time how you like" and made him into a time cop as punishment.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Future Trunks is the coolest so I am glad he gets to stick around. Does he actually get to... do anything in this game?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ImpAtom posted:

The story is that Future Trunks went back home and the God of Time was basically like "motherfucker, you can't just gently caress with time how you like" and made him into a time cop as punishment.

Bulma's just lucky the Galactic Patrol didn't find out really.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Bulma's just lucky the Galactic Patrol didn't find out really.

If they were afraid of encountering any bog-standard adult Saiyan on Earth, I don't think they could have handled Trunks or Gohan.. assuming Frieza hadn't completely wiped them out at that point.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So, apparently there were some problems localizing Xenoverse.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/3/7973619/dragon-balls-most-prolific-voice-actor-on-why-xenoverse-will-confuse

Chris Sabat, in the goddamn interview I just posted why are you so lazy posted:

"We finally got a new story, but from a localization standpoint it was a little confusing," Sabat told Polygon in an interview last week. "There was nobody to ask, 'Okay, what is this? What exactly does this mean?' That information was locked away in some creator's head somewhere.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but there will probably be a couple of times in the story where you tilt your head and get confused."

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That interview is great. Chris Sabat is great.
Also, that last line is like the impetus for some weird movie. Travelling across the country to find all the Gokus, all the Vegetas and Piccolos and Yamchas and getting them to voice some freak time paradox scenario in-game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

HGH posted:

find all the Yamchas

Why so they can die horribly?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That makes me sad. :( It's 2015, how is all that so hard to communicate?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Onmi posted:

Why so they can die horribly?

The death pose is from when Yamcha gets Yamcha'd. So yes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

New Leaf posted:

That makes me sad. :( It's 2015, how is all that so hard to communicate?

I'm really not sure. You'd figure they'd have a better working relationship with Sabat, of all people. I mean, maybe it's just the timefuckery that made things more complicated, but it seems weird that no one knew who to talk to in order to clarify things.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm really not sure. You'd figure they'd have a better working relationship with Sabat, of all people. I mean, maybe it's just the timefuckery that made things more complicated, but it seems weird that no one knew who to talk to in order to clarify things.

Hell, there's some gross sweaty nerds who have self-taught themselves enough Japanese to fly over and translate it themselves. It's not like this is a low budget indie game or something. gently caress it, it is bought and paid for on Steam so I'm going to play the hell out of it regardless.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I'm gonna play the hell out of it, even if the translation is janky. I mean, it's Dragonball, it already barely makes sense.

I'm just gonna beat up you turbonerds online :getin:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

ImpAtom posted:

One is the offspring of Prince Vegeta and a Super Scientist Human.
The Other is a low ranked Sayain commander who ascended to the level of god.

Bardock and Trunks: Super Sayain Time Cops

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if Trunks gets paid for being a Time Cop.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if Trunks gets paid for being a Time Cop.

It's community service.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm so excited about Xenoverse. My original character is going to be the most original original character available. And by that I mean I hope they have angel wings. I played the beta on PS3 back in October and if the full game is just that again, I'll still like it a lot. Now one thing I'm not sure of, and can't seem to find an answer to: can you only play the original canon and then the new story separately or do your actions in battle create a branching narrative?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm so excited about Xenoverse. My original character is going to be the most original original character available. And by that I mean I hope they have angel wings. I played the beta on PS3 back in October and if the full game is just that again, I'll still like it a lot. Now one thing I'm not sure of, and can't seem to find an answer to: can you only play the original canon and then the new story separately or do your actions in battle create a branching narrative?

Woah, easy there. Last time I asked questions about what is clearly a story-driven game I was poo poo on by half the thread for expecting too much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Woah, easy there. Last time I asked questions about what is clearly a story-driven game I was poo poo on by half the thread for expecting too much.
Three people said 'there probably isn't going to be a ton of story.' That's being shat on by half the thread?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

Three people said 'there probably isn't going to be a ton of story.' That's being shat on by half the thread?

Maybe New Leaf is trying to emulate his Yamcha spirit warrior and is perpetually and critically owned by the most innocuous of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just want to do repeated and sudden alignment shifts, turning heel or face on whomever I please. That's all.

• Locked thread