Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Quick heads up for anyone who hasn't seen it, another new class was announced, Arcane Engineer.

Sadly it's restricted to female Elves and Castanics but it's better than just Elin so whatever I'll take it.

I'd totally play a giant man-dragon engineer, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Reapers are completely worth it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Anatharon posted:

Quick heads up for anyone who hasn't seen it, another new class was announced, Arcane Engineer.

Sadly it's restricted to female Elves and Castanics but it's better than just Elin so whatever I'll take it.

I'd totally play a giant man-dragon engineer, though.
Okay, Elin only is somewhat understandable, just because they're kind of the mascots of the game and don't have dudes, even if Elin are creepy and racelocked classes is MMO design from the 90s. But ONLY FEMALE elves and castanics? Is there even a reason for the gender lock?

They aren't even trying anymore. :psyduck:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Might get back into this game but I deleted it off my disk to save space. Now I have to re-download 30fugging gigs.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
The engineer has been around since December in Korea but not announced for NA Tera yet. We might get it in the summer, who knows.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Okay, Elin only is somewhat understandable, just because they're kind of the mascots of the game and don't have dudes, even if Elin are creepy and racelocked classes is MMO design from the 90s. But ONLY FEMALE elves and castanics? Is there even a reason for the gender lock?

One of the rumors (that seems logical to me) is that they're the most popular race/gender combos after Elin and it saves having to do more animation work for a classes' new special attacks.

I'd be more upset if I wasn't perfectly happy with Lancer but it is kinda sucky.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I am a level 42 warrior and have no idea what I should be doing. Help.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 2, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Tera online posted:

Per Tera's Facebook page: The big game is over! Redeem the code below for a pair of permanent sanguine shades in Patriot red:

dancingsharks

Dry your tears, 12's, it will be ok!

*This code is good once per account through Feb. 4 at 1 p.m. Pacific. The code can be redeemed to your account here: https://account.enmasse.com/

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

ShadowMoo posted:

I am a level 42 warrior and have no idea what I should be doing. Help.
Level 40 unlocks the reaper class, free level 58 if you don't mind being an elin. Otherwise continue with the story quests until you hit 60 I suppose. Join a guild too.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
For NA players mmobombfoa code gives 7day pet/xp/gold items.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 4, 2015

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Thanks for the code!

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

But male elves look amazing...

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
I've been itching to play Tera for it's combat but that download size really puts me off.

How's the population looking these days? It'd be a shame to log on to empty servers.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
It's very active on Mount Tyrannas but the community is mediocre at best.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Alavaria posted:

But male elves look amazing...

The irony with TERA (for me) is that typically in any game with a selection of races, male Humans are the most boring choice you can make, but they look absolutely amazing in this game and have great animations. Male elves also ooze style.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Linux Nazi posted:

The irony with TERA (for me) is that typically in any game with a selection of races, male Humans are the most boring choice you can make, but they look absolutely amazing in this game and have great animations. Male elves also ooze style.
My personal favorite is the male elf slayer. He fixes his hair between slashes because staying so fabulous is an endless battle.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Decided to fire this up again for the first time in almost 3 years, is the guild dead?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Gonna reinstall again too, before I left they pigeonholed my Warrior into a tanking role which broke my loving heart. Did they append that? Are Warriors still crazy backflipping motherfuckers? I loved the Warrior playstyle so loving much.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I started playing again recently because WoW has been such a huge loving disappointment this xpac and Tera is f2p plus I have a hipster elf dude with a teddy bear. Are there any goon guilds I can join? I used to be in Something Altful but I don't know if it is still around.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
I don't think there are any goon guilds around. There are a handful of goons in NFA but that's about it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, that.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
If anybody's interested in joining No Fun Allowed on Mt. Tyrannus, send in an app with "SA DGKK" in the description.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
On a whim I recently redownloaded the game. Started a berserker for the first time. They are way more fun than I had imagined. Spin to win. Not sure how far I'll get this time. Never had a max level character in this game. Usually get bored before I can make it that far.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Well I finally have a level 60 lancer ! :toot: Now I need to move my goal posts since the level cap went up to 65, but it gets easier right guys?

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Congrats! I dream of matching you some day. I should screen cap my lancer. He looks like a pirate. Thematically he would have made a better warrior but oh well.

I also noticed that they changed the starting zone and early leveling quests to be a bit more stream lined. I got off the island pretty quickly. Lumber town went fast as well.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
So I just unsubbed from WoW putting the final nail in the coffin in that game. Was floating around here looking to pick up something more fun and less "commitment" oriented.

The combat system for this game looks fantastic and I was wondering if I should bother creating an account to try it out or just incinerate the $18 to get a hardcopy for founders status to skip the queues.

Anyone have a stream they do so I can see what's up at max level?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

karn1635 posted:

So I just unsubbed from WoW putting the final nail in the coffin in that game. Was floating around here looking to pick up something more fun and less "commitment" oriented.

The combat system for this game looks fantastic and I was wondering if I should bother creating an account to try it out or just incinerate the $18 to get a hardcopy for founders status to skip the queues.

Anyone have a stream they do so I can see what's up at max level?

Try it before you buy it. You can always upgrade to founder's status later. The combat in this game is one of the best of any MMO out there. Coming from WoW, you are all but guaranteed to be in for a treat provided that you enjoy action combat in general. As far as commitment goes, it depends on what you mean by that. It is definitely something a lot less than a WoW raid schedule so if that is all that you mean then you should be fine. The game is still all about the gear treadmill though, but if you are okay with that then it's all good. If you are not okay with that then maybe give something like Guild Wars 2 a shot.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Xavier434 posted:

Try it before you buy it. You can always upgrade to founder's status later. The combat in this game is one of the best of any MMO out there. Coming from WoW, you are all but guaranteed to be in for a treat provided that you enjoy action combat in general. As far as commitment goes, it depends on what you mean by that. It is definitely something a lot less than a WoW raid schedule so if that is all that you mean then you should be fine. The game is still all about the gear treadmill though, but if you are okay with that then it's all good. If you are not okay with that then maybe give something like Guild Wars 2 a shot.

Nah I love gear grinding for sure. I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on the hard copy since it looks like it's hard to find.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I heard from somewhere that this game's sorta like Monster Hunter in an MMO or something. Is it worth 50 GBs of space? And does it even take up to 50 GBs?
Also, I guess, did that healing class priest thingy ever change dramatically or is it all value changes?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

widespread posted:

So I heard from somewhere that this game's sorta like Monster Hunter in an MMO or something. Is it worth 50 GBs of space? And does it even take up to 50 GBs?
Also, I guess, did that healing class priest thingy ever change dramatically or is it all value changes?
There are two ways to download the game. Torrent and stream.
Torrent requires 30gb space to download and another 35 ish to install.
Stream ('happycloud') downloads the game as you play, only requiring 35gb space.

The DVD/hardcopy cannot be used to install the game, the launcher it comes with is too outdated. A shame because many of the files on the DVD are the same as the most up to date version of the game.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 1, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

widespread posted:

Pretty sure it only takes the 50GB while installing.

It's "like" MH in as far as it's third-person action combat with no lockon. THere's nothing like breakable parts though.

Some of the monsters and classes were clearly inspired by MH though - the lancer is a near 100% copy, with poke combos and a multihit charge attack.

It's good fun though, the F2P policy is great, it has a decent sized population and they keep adding content to it.

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
The archer got some much needed buffs. Now I won't get denied as much into groups. hopefully...

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Wasn't this supposed to show up on Steam at some point?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Early 2015!

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
So I got my lancer up to level 35 so far. I'm really diggin' it so far. The dungeons are super different from everything else I have ever played. It's just chaos all the time and I'm always worried I'm going to die or I'm not doing it right.

The BAMs at the end of the dungeons (so far have only done SM and CR) have been very entertaining to fight. The optional boss in CR is bananas.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Are any of you guys who I did ABHM with still playing?

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
Love this game but the RNG is still too relentless. Just quit for the 8th time, maybe I can stay away now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If you're in a guild and you log in then you'll get some assorted cool things, event ends on the 13th.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Someone do SCHM with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tadders posted:

Someone do SCHM with me.

• Locked thread