Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I guess this settles the discussion about Bobby Jindal wanting to just be white. gently caress that dude, he knows his constituents hate him the browner he looks like. That must hurt to pretend being white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You guys may want to ease up on the "Bobby Jindal wishes he was white" thing, right-wingers love to hear pinkos reveal their true colors.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I love how righties refer to Obama as "Barry" as though the name were some devious device Obama once used to disguise his un-American roots... but Piyush Jindal calling himself "Bobby" ain't no thing.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
My relative still thinks that people can actually learn from watching Fox. :ughh:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

That portrait also makes him not look like an alcoholic crypt beast that, for centuries, has roamed Louisiana feasting on the souls of children below the poverty line.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Why are his teeth the same colour as his skin? Why does his left hand look as if it small and shrivelled? Why do the legs and feet look like the were paint by some who really hates painting legs and feet? Thats is a super bad painting no matter what way you look at it. And he seen it and said "Wow thanks , hang it up". What in the gently caress?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

SedanChair posted:

You guys may want to ease up on the "Bobby Jindal wishes he was white" thing, right-wingers love to hear pinkos reveal their true colors.

A pinko is a red who wishes he was white.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Chimera-gui posted:

My relative still thinks that people can actually learn from watching Fox. :ughh:

You can; just not about anything they're reporting on.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

So remember that trip Israel the RNC is taking courtesy of the American Family Association?

I wonder how BiBi would feel about that.

From Ben Franklin's auto biography.

And it being found inconvenient to assemble in the open air, subject to its inclemencies, the building of a house to meet in was no sooner proposed, and persons appointed to receive contributions, but sufficient sums were soon received to procure the ground and erect the building, which was one hundred feet long and seventy board, about the size of Westminster Hall; and the work was carried on with such spirit as to be finished in a much shorter time than could have been expected. Both house and ground were vested and in trustees, expressly for the use of any preacher of any religious persuasion who might desire to say something to the people at Philadelphia; the design in building not being to accommodate any particular sect, but the inhabitants in general; so that even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Armyman25 posted:

From Ben Franklin's auto biography.

And it being found inconvenient to assemble in the open air, subject to its inclemencies, the building of a house to meet in was no sooner proposed, and persons appointed to receive contributions, but sufficient sums were soon received to procure the ground and erect the building, which was one hundred feet long and seventy board, about the size of Westminster Hall; and the work was carried on with such spirit as to be finished in a much shorter time than could have been expected. Both house and ground were vested and in trustees, expressly for the use of any preacher of any religious persuasion who might desire to say something to the people at Philadelphia; the design in building not being to accommodate any particular sect, but the inhabitants in general; so that even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service.

Wow those sneaky browns planted sleeper cells pretty drat early huh.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

CommieGIR posted:

Can you guess who that is? Give you a hint: This isn't his true skin color ;)

He has no mouth. He has lips, but they open to more skin instead of teeth. Why doesn't he have a mouth? Look at it. On a human that would be an open toothed smile, but he just has more marzipan colored skin. No teeth, no tongue, no mouth, just flesh.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Fried Chicken posted:

Debate & Discussion: We tortured some folks > Right Wing Media: No teeth, no tongue, no mouth, just flesh.

:getin:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Fried Chicken posted:

He has no mouth. He has lips, but they open to more skin instead of teeth. Why doesn't he have a mouth? Look at it. On a human that would be an open toothed smile, but he just has more marzipan colored skin. No teeth, no tongue, no mouth, just flesh.

This sounds like something out of Lovecraft.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I was thinking more like Jake the Dog from Adventure Time taking the shape of someone else.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
The thing that gets me most about that portrait is that going off of the outline around his left leg, he seems to be casting two completely unrelated shadows, or has some kind of aura of power radiating off of him.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

DrProsek posted:

The thing that gets me most about that portrait is that going off of the outline around his left leg, he seems to be casting two completely unrelated shadows, or has some kind of aura of power radiating off of him.

I'm convinced that it's a page from the official Bobby Jindal sticker book.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
So what we've learned today is that Bobby Jindal is the Michael Jackson of American politics. And he likes to play pocket pool.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

CommieGIR posted:

This HAS to be satire.

...right?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Hmm...maybe; but he could use more pancakes on his head.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Back to Orwell and his thoughts on language - his essay was clearly meant to be read while it was contemporary. Even so, I have had countless English teachers tell my class that the passive voice is terrible and must be avoided at all costs. By that reasoning Spanish is superior. La novela se escribió en 1949. The novel wrote itself in 1949 (understood to mean the novel was written in 1949 and the focus of this sentence is not on whoever committed the act of writing the novel.) clearly, however it is phrased, it is necessary to have some way of discussing the recipients of actions without discussing the actor. Instead of teaching kids that passive is evil, cut to the chase and tell them to put the most important item in the sentence last (unless they are writing a lede or something.)

Orwell is another example of how reactionaries have a "if you can't beat em, make them one of us" policy. Like MLK, Hellen Keller, and others, the ship has sailed on vilifying Orwell for his politics, so now they pretend the politics they didn't like don't exist.

I also have conniptions if anyone tells me not to end a sentence with a preposition. It's a crime we don't teach native English speakers what phrasal verbs are.

All right lads and ladies, carry on!

dear nitpicky high school teachers: carry on is a phrasal verb meaning "continue"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

those are supposed to be his lips I think. same shade of white as the rest of his skin

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Fried Chicken posted:

Right Wing Media: I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream Intellectually Dishonest Dogwhistle Racist Things

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Right Wing Media: I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream Intellectually Dishonest Dogwhistle Racist Things

I Have No Mouth And I Must Eat Mor Chikin

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Where does the straw for his Big Gulp go?

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

DrProsek posted:

There is a sharp outline going around his entire form, so I think that was intentional.

It's a lovely photo of a painting taken at a slight angle, and it's hard to see any real details in it. Paintings always look a lot different in person. Sometimes a lovely photo from a digital camera will make a painting look dramatically different.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

robotsinmyhead posted:

Where does the straw for his Big Gulp go?

The same place the desperate pleas to god to spare this country from the gaypocalypse come from.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

DrProsek posted:

This is a painting of a photograph, so the painting shows not only the natural scene lighting, but that of the camera flash as well.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
So we're seeing a photograph of a painting of a photograph. Jindalception.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

CommieGIR posted:

The same place the desperate pleas to god to spare this country from the gaypocalypse come from.

Not in MY annus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Xibanya posted:

Back to Orwell and his thoughts on language - his essay was clearly meant to be read while it was contemporary. Even so, I have had countless English teachers tell my class that the passive voice is terrible and must be avoided at all costs. By that reasoning Spanish is superior. La novela se escribió en 1949. The novel wrote itself in 1949 (understood to mean the novel was written in 1949 and the focus of this sentence is not on whoever committed the act of writing the novel.) clearly, however it is phrased, it is necessary to have some way of discussing the recipients of actions without discussing the actor. Instead of teaching kids that passive is evil, cut to the chase and tell them to put the most important item in the sentence last (unless they are writing a lede or something.)

Orwell is another example of how reactionaries have a "if you can't beat em, make them one of us" policy. Like MLK, Hellen Keller, and others, the ship has sailed on vilifying Orwell for his politics, so now they pretend the politics they didn't like don't exist.

I also have conniptions if anyone tells me not to end a sentence with a preposition. It's a crime we don't teach native English speakers what phrasal verbs are.

All right lads and ladies, carry on!

dear nitpicky high school teachers: carry on is a phrasal verb meaning "continue"

Fox did a thing where they pointed out MLK voted republican or some nonsense like that, right?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Kenzie posted:

There is a sharp outline going around his entire form, so I think that was intentional.

It's a lovely photo of a painting taken at a slight angle, and it's hard to see any real details in it. Paintings always look a lot different in person. Sometimes a lovely photo from a digital camera will make a painting look dramatically different.

:rolleyes:

Someone correct it for his actual skin color then, I want to see just how dark the painting becomes.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Fox did a thing where they pointed out MLK voted republican or some nonsense like that, right?

It's not 'some thing', it's a core component of the modern conservative ideology. Just by societal osmosis they know they can't be monstrous enough to outright oppose people like MLK even if they don't truly understand why, so they just tell themselves and others that actually he was one of them and studiously ignore reality

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

The worst part is brown shoes with a black suit :colbert:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mister Macys posted:

:rolleyes:

Someone correct it for his actual skin color then, I want to see just how dark the painting becomes.

Actually it's just good ol' Jindal just using his superpowers to further blend in with that wall there.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

gallup CEO jim clifton makin comments about the unemployment rate being a big lie and now all the right wing places are feeding off that despite using the same statistics 3+ years ago to hammer the white house.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mercury_Storm posted:

Actually it's just good ol' Jindal just using his superpowers to further blend in with that wall there.

I want to make a Dorian Gray joke with this, but I lack the comedic talent. :negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CommieGIR posted:

I like how the "artist" forgot to not paint the shadow caused by the camera flash

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

I want to make a Dorian Gray joke with this, but I lack the comedic talent. :negative:

It wouldn't work, he wants himself to get whiter, not the picture

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Oh yes, they constantly love pointing out the one time MLK voted GOP or whatever. Never mind he was a solid leftist by the time he was assassinated and would probably be vilified and hated by Fox and company just as much as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton if he had survived to the current day.

In fact, didn't the right go with the "card-carrying communist/adulterer/race baiter" image of MLK up until the Reagan era or so? I'll still hear the occasional right-winger trot that out when they're pretending to be edgy and knowledgeable but are in fact just being racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

IIRC, that view of MLK by the right lasted well into the 90's. The whole "He was one of the good ones" is pretty recent.

Even in the mid 90's Virginia had Lee/Jackson/King Day. Look who's at the back of the bus in that trio....