Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!

The epitome of what's wrong with political cartoons. Why the gently caress does this need an "anti-vaccine" label. Am I being too generous to mankind thinking that there would be so very few people who wouldn't get the point without it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

For a second I thought Branco was gonna criticize Netanyahu for not being enough of a bastard. Labeling was needed in this case.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Y'know, I'm kind of wishing we had a Tinsely-style gimmick poster (quoting and responding to posts 2-3 weeks after they were made).

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

I love a good comma in a fake headline. Reminds me of the Onion classic about Bill Clinton: "New President Feels Nation's Pain, Breasts".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rincewinds posted:

For a second I thought Branco was gonna criticize Netanyahu for not being enough of a bastard. Labeling was needed in this case.

Right? That looks nothing like him. And why is his lower face so huge? Dude's got elephantitis of the mouth.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Y'know, I'm kind of wishing we had a Tinsely-style gimmick poster (quoting and responding to posts 2-3 weeks after they were made).

Nobody actually do this.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

That comment was 'liked' by both Cam and Rick McKee, because of course.

Ha ha! Girl has cooties!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bob Gorrell, ladies and gentlemen.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

loving Christ.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

D.N. Nation posted:

Gorrell, you awful gently caress, just go back to tracing logos and putting lovely captions on them.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

D.N. Nation posted:

Big Brother can afford to pay people with PhDs to help make the call. Your parents are morons from East Bumfuck, MO. AGC.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Well, we've seen the first cartoonist actually take the anti-vaxxers' side. Took a surprisingly long time, actually, as their stance on most issues usually correlates 100% with Obama's stance. I wouldn't have thought it would be Gorrell, though -- smart money was on Wise or Branco.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

D.N. Nation posted:

Come on man, even Ramirez, who can't even make a proper metaphor to save his life, knows how stupid it is to be Anti Vax.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

D.N. Nation posted:

Welp, I'm mad.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
God damnit I knew Obama coming out for vaccines in that interview was gunna result in dead kids. Damnit Obama.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

:getin: you idiots

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

loquacius posted:

Well, we've seen the first cartoonist actually take the anti-vaxxers' side. Took a surprisingly long time, actually, as their stance on most issues usually correlates 100% with Obama's stance. I wouldn't have thought it would be Gorrell, though -- smart money was on Wise or Branco.

Wise strikes me as more likely to advocate just hitting your kid if they show autism.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

Wise strikes me as more likely to advocate just hitting your kid if they show autism.

I can imagine him being anti-vaxx.

Just beat the measles outta'em! Worked in the good ol' days!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shugojin posted:

He has that "ain't no gubmint gonna tell me how to raise MY kids :bahgawd:" attitude, though, and that's half of anti-vaxx by itself.

Actually come to think of it I'd be willing to put down actual money that Muir will make an anti-vaxx strip at some point in the next couple of weeks. Anti-vaxxerism checks off all his boxes:

-"parents' rights" to inflict whatever politically-motivated neglect on their children they want without government interference (see: Waifu continually talking about homeschooling her kids but never actually starting it)
-general distrust of academia and thereby of doctors
-disagreeing with a thing Obama said because literally everything he says is moustache-twirling evil
-conspiracy-theory-style denial of science and reality

It'd also be really easy for him to just decide that the next government agent that the main cast sovereign-citizens into shameful humiliating submission just off-panel was coming around to vaccinate the kids by force instead of whatever nebulous reasons they had in previous installments of that exact same plot.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

D.N. Nation posted:

Everyone else has already pointed out how enraging it is that there is a loving anti-vaxxer cartoonist and I'd rather not have 1984-related complaining become my gimmick, so I'm just gonna point out how loving weak the "joke" is here. Seriously, would anyone laugh at this?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hmmm...

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
It could just be Gorrel coming out in support of Big Government.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Priggee no......

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That's a much better argument. I'd much rather my kids die of measles than get the aut

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

D.N. Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IHD80mK2k

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Nope! Which is why people should loving shut up about vaccines causing autism!

e: Also I would rather my child be autistic and alive than measles-ridden and dead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They know it ain't that.

Seriously, Priggs, it's a lot easier to prove that two things are uncorrelated and thus completely unrelated than it is to prove that they're causative. A lot easier. This cartoon is stupid and you're stupid.

...sorry guys, reading this just broke my heart :smith:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

If we don't know what causes autism, we can't say that any particular thing doesn't! :downs:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hat guy is just mad because he has to hide his eyes due to corneal complications he suffered from having the measles.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This rock keeps autism away. Would you like to buy my rock?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I knew a family with a happy, healthy baby and then they fed it and now he has autism afterwards ban feeding babies.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Priggee no......

Why Priggee

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Priggee, why :negative:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That Priggee is weird, cause here is one from 2011

and this one from August of last year

So (from my readings) he seems pretty well in the "get vaccinated" side of things.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

He must have seen a really convincing image macro on facebook since then :(

Isn't there one that says vaccines cause shaken baby syndrome?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I can't tell if that Priggee is just pulling the ol' sarcastic switcheroo or playing devil's advocate.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

arm up, arm down, arm up, arm down.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm trying really hard to read this as a parody or something.

And failing :smith:

Garrand posted:

That Priggee is weird, cause here is one from 2011
Well, now I'm just confused.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Even as a non sports guy I gotta say, that last panel, that's sublime

D.N. Nation posted:

This artist is relatively new to these threads, but Christ, What An rear end in a top hat. Every cartoon by this person seems to be either "Obama doesn't care about terrorism" or "Obama sides with the drat DIRTY MUSLIMS," etc. It's like Cox and Forkum never retired.

CAM isn't new but he's been markedly more of a piece of poo poo since Charlie Hebdo. I can't remember a single cartoon of his from before but I don't recall anything as bad as the kick he's been on all month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

QwertyAsher posted:

arm up, arm down, arm up, arm down.

It's that kind of active style that makes Gorrel, imo, one of the most dynamic cartoonists around.

• Locked thread