Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Sexpansion posted:

Meteos(maybe?)

The maybe is extremely dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

There are junglers in NA and EU that I would take over Bengi right now in a heartbeat.

Off the top of my head:
Svenskeren
Reignover
Dominate
Jankos
Meteos(maybe?)

With Crumbz gone you'd take anyone :v:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Disinterested posted:

The maybe is extremely dumb.

I don't think Meteos has looked very good at all lately and he still plays some champions that aren't really in the meta, but I hope you're right!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I don't think Meteos has looked very good at all lately and he still plays some champions that aren't really in the meta, but I hope you're right!

Meteos has a massive body of good recent work. Bengi has basically been poo poo apart from one or two games for ages.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Sexpansion posted:

Give it time, he's been playing a lot of stuff on stream plus I'd have to assume in scrims and we have six~ months of changes to the game before C9 need him to be super relevant for a summer split / playoffs push.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Disinterested posted:

Meteos has a massive body of good recent work. Bengi has basically been poo poo apart from one or two games for ages.

FWIW Meteos looks like he's bad at Rek'Sai and that's a hell of a liability on this patch. When he got her he was totally ineffectual at using sonar. Other than that, who knows? C9's been looking so bad team-wise it's hard to pin down Meteos playing well.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Meteos also played Elise in the first game of the season, and it's pretty clear she's not in a spot where she's in a viable spot competitively no matter how much of a comfort pick she is. That can color your opinion. It's like the Lee Sin picks- that's much more a tactical team issue than a player issue and not a mistake I expect them to make a gain.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
peke's new team made it into CS, to the surprise of absolutely no one

https://twitter.com/xPekeLoL/status/563065650625904641

soaz played morgana top because he's a loving dude

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
And Gamers2 lost again, lol

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Soaz literally randoms a champ in scrims and other unimportant games occasionally.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't know who LowLandLions are but they have a cool logo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

peke's new team made it into CS, to the surprise of absolutely no one

https://twitter.com/xPekeLoL/status/563065650625904641

Morgana top is becoming a thing in OGN. A flex pick that can go in any lane is really good.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
You gotta love Origen's shortened handle, tho. Who wouldn't to be able to say they're 'OG Amazing' or the like?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Libertine posted:

I don't know who LowLandLions are but they have a cool logo.

I have definitely heard of that organization before. Maybe either for a tiny regional tournament (like Go4LoL) or for another game. Back in the dark depths of time, Tabzz and Youngbuck were both members briefly. Good for them!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AdjectiveNoun posted:

And Gamers2 lost again, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Watching LCK, Bengi still toilet.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Watching LCK, Bengi still toilet.

Speaking of toilet; Primetime League is live.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Savage Cracker posted:

Speaking of toilet; Primetime League is live.

i'm watching nukeduck make fun of how fat brokenshard is on First Blood instead

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
SKT should just dump Bengi and stick faker in the jungle. The difference between easyhoon and faker is arguable, but I've seen faker stream Rengar, j4 and lee sin and his godly presence took over all three games.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TWSS posted:

SKT should just dump Bengi and stick faker in the jungle. The difference between easyhoon and faker is arguable, but I've seen faker stream Rengar, j4 and lee sin and his godly presence took over all three games.

From what I've seen Faker is basically a god at every role except support. I've seen one video of him playing Thresh and it was so laughably bad it was almost painful to watch.

As for Meteos on Rek'Sai, she's an auto attack bruiser, which generally doesn't seem like Meteos' preferred style. The only notable auto-heavy jungler game I can think of in recent memory where he looked good was that one dumb Nocturne game last year where he backdoored Coast(?) and it was super funny. As for Lee Sin he was ridiculously good on Lee Sin at San Jose, with that highlight reel 4 man kick that just oozed coolness. It's just Elise that he looked bad, and that would be because, surprise surprise, Elise is no longer a competitively viable champion because they kneecapped her so hard.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Badfinger posted:

I have definitely heard of that organization before. Maybe either for a tiny regional tournament (like Go4LoL) or for another game. Back in the dark depths of time, Tabzz and Youngbuck were both members briefly. Good for them!

I think they've been around esports for a while. They had a bunch of notable Brood War players (Ret etc.)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

TWSS posted:

You're an idiot.

Faker is by far the best player ever in this game, as well as by far the best mid laner. You're saying that it would be the best thing to do for Faker to become just a good or very good jungler (although solo queue jungle is incredibly different from competitive jungle) so that a mid-high- tier OGN mid can play mid and Bengi should get dropped.

More like: SKT should play Faker every game and get a better jungler or Faker should threaten to leave.

A person can only be the best person ever in his role at one position. It's loving heresy to say that a person who could be, for example, the best quarterback ever should become just a pro-bowl borderline running back because that might make good team sense.

More like his team should unfuck itself.

Disinterested fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 5, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
What SKT should do is save Spirit from the hell he's found himself in in WE, and get him to replace Bengi. Spirit might not be the best jungler in the world, but he's really damned competent, and would instantly boost SKT heavily.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

To be fair to SKT, as well, Bengi did suddenly start playing a lot better in pre-season, only to start flopping again. He'll never be what he was at s.3 worlds, that's for sure.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Disinterested posted:

To be fair to SKT, as well, Bengi did suddenly start playing a lot better in pre-season, only to start flopping again. He'll never be what he was at s.3 worlds, that's for sure.

In hindsight, I think he just got lucky. He had some very flashy lee sin games in preseason that got the Bengi's Back train rolling, but it turns out it was just some good mechanical plays on a champion that makes good mechanical plays look awesome. I do not think his mechanics were ever much in doubt. His toilet status is mostly on his decision making, pathing, and constant dying right now.

I hope SKT is looking for an upgrade somewhere.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Jerkface posted:

In hindsight, I think he just got lucky. He had some very flashy lee sin games in preseason that got the Bengi's Back train rolling, but it turns out it was just some good mechanical plays on a champion that makes good mechanical plays look awesome. I do not think his mechanics were ever much in doubt. His toilet status is mostly on his decision making, pathing, and constant dying right now.

I hope SKT is looking for an upgrade somewhere.

Nah. His mechanics were worse in his long slump in the last 6 months. There was a noticeable jump in performance. Maybe he likes it when the pressure is off, maybe he got a morale boost from the change before he resettled - who knows. But it would definitely be enough to trick a coach into thinking he got his mojo back. Even so, his team should be enough to carry even a fairly average jungler, I feel like SKT is a bit of a hosed up org on some level.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

i'm watching nukeduck make fun of how fat brokenshard is on First Blood instead
how come its been so long since a fb? we havent had SI in ages either.

E: oh god you lied sky is on instead.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol now the idiot bitch coach of Complexity (of "bowls of poop and cream" fame) is giving some expert analysis

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The jungle is much harder now than it was before to look good in. All the "if I get Lee Sin I can just power-bomb my best player's lane 24/7" guys are all nowhere to be seen anymore. The tactical decision making players are looking much better in the more unforgiving jungle of this season.

Flipswitch posted:

All of the video shows are terrible. Maybe the people doing them started actually watching their product and have decided to cease.

A more likely explanation is I remember Monte and Thorin mentioning something specifically about how difficult it was becoming to monetize their video work because people would just steal it and re-host it on bootleg youtube channels almost immediately upon it being posted and then try to snatch up the ad revenue from people looking for it. So I get the sense that lacking ability to fully capture the revenue of their effort, they probably gave up on producing it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

TWSS posted:

are you hotshotgg

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

are you hotshotgg

Better yet: HotshotGG in the jungle for SKT.

They go to the drama of substitute for the mid-match and they raise the curtain...

"BAH GAWD THAT'S HOTSHOT AND THE GGS THEME SONG"

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

please say you didn't miss sky burning broken so hard that he ragequit the show, hahaha. he was legendary.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

Better yet: HotshotGG in the jungle for SKT.

They go to the drama of substitute for the mid-match and they raise the curtain...

"BAH GAWD THAT'S HOTSHOT AND THE GGS THEME SONG"

Son of a bitch!

Lovechop posted:

please say you didn't miss sky burning broken so hard that he ragequit the show, hahaha. he was legendary.

what did he say

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

yeah I did, I connected at the part where he said "we did it reddit" or something, I've got it muted in the background and I'll listen to it tomorrow. What did he say?

Libertine posted:

All of the video shows are terrible. Maybe the people doing them started actually watching their product and have decided to cease.
doesn't mean I can't watch it E: a quick google tells me it's because thoorin and richard lewis have been involved in CS:GO stuff.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

what did he say

there was like 20 minutes of sky saying hilarious variations on 'look at this wario lookin-rear end nigga' or w/e and then he made fun of the fact he lives with his brother or something? a giant tantrum ensued

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

'look at this wario lookin-rear end nigga'
Oh my god, I can't wait to see this tomorrow lmao.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Kubz: "some pickbans have been really bad. Like Team8 gave up Jarvan and Gnar, and it was so awkard to watch it live, and I'm thinking "and I'm the one who is unemployed?""

I think he went on the show just to interrupt Lewis and try and show people he thinks he's smart enough to coach still

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Disinterested posted:

You're an idiot.

A person can only be the best person ever in his role at one position. It's loving heresy to say that a person who could be, for example, the best quarterback ever should become just a pro-bowl borderline running back because that might make good team sense.

More like his team should unfuck itself.

Did you just compare 5 waifish nerds sitting in a chair right clicking to football? That is the gooniest poo poo I have ever heard. You don't need a different body type and centre of gravity to switch from mid to jungle.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Lovechop posted:

there was like 20 minutes of sky saying hilarious variations on 'look at this wario lookin-rear end nigga' or w/e and then he made fun of the fact he lives with his brother or something? a giant tantrum ensued

I don't know, there is just something about Sky's sense of humor that really irritates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I don't know, there is just something about Sky's sense of humor that really irritates me.

Well just like that cited example, he's constantly and offensively race baiting in his "humor".

• Locked thread