Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

This company that bought SOE sounds pretty sketchy imo. I bet this bodes really well for Planetside 2 and H1Z1 and who the gently caress knows for all the EQ games (and DCUO).

I'm guessing that EQ1 and 2 probably don't cost a lot to maintain and have smaller teams working on them, so they're probably fine. These F2P games tend to do surprisingly well, because it turns out that people spend a lot of money on dumb stuff.

The big question mark is EQN, and I'd guess it depends on whether or not it's just vaporware at his point.

From what I understand the investment firm that bought them has been making a bunch of big pushes into tech and online though so I doubt they're looking to just like liquidate them or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

joshtothemaxx posted:

This company that bought SOE sounds pretty sketchy imo. I bet this bodes really well for Planetside 2 and H1Z1 and who the gently caress knows for all the EQ games (and DCUO).

Columbus Nova is the US investment arm of this Russian company:

quote:

New York's top state court on Thursday reinstated Canadian oil company Norex Petroleum's $1 billion lawsuit claiming that two billionaires used armed soldiers and corrupted Russian court proceedings to gain control of a Siberian oilfield.

In a unanimous decision that reversed two lower courts, the Court of Appeals in Albany rejected claims by the billionaires, Renova Group-founders Leonard Blavatnik and Viktor Vekselberg, and companies they control that the lawsuit against them was time-barred.

In 2011, Norex claimed that Blavatnik and Vekselberg, who live in New York, orchestrated a takeover of Russian oil company Yugraneft, in which Norex held a 60 percent stake, and an oilfield in Siberia it controlled worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Norex said Yugraneft's offices in 2001 were overrun by militia members wielding AK-47 assault rifles. It also claimed the billionaires bribed officials in order to win a Russian court ruling that diluted Norex's stake in the company.

That's a nice Warden you got there, joshtothemaxx. It'd be a shame if anything happens to it!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

On the other hand I can think of few things that might be more effective in getting EQN out the door than some fuckin' Cossacks willing to break Smed's knees if they aren't hitting milestones...

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

joshtothemaxx posted:

For the record, it's the same company that owns Harmonix. I'm sure they were looking for new acquisitions after the market fell out from plastic guitar games and everything that studio did thereafter being kind of middling to bad on the sales front.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I'm just hoping for higher ups who are smarter with .. well anything.

"So hey guys, our best sellers are Item Unattuners, research time reductions. Let's increase the price by ... hmmm 50% sounds good for the item unattuners, and hell let's do 145% for reserach! Nothing can go wrong with this! We'll make more money now off an item that doesn't exist in real life.

Wow, these players are really angry. Ok, let's just calm them down telling them that these items can also be acquired in game other ways (if you count LoN as in game and have good RNG) so that should work. Let's also sneak remove the research reductions from previous CoE grab bags, we really need them to use their SC on this one.

drat... no one is buying these unattuners anymore. :doh: Well... we can't go back on the price increase now."*

I know only about 2 people who pay SC to grandmaster stuff. The rest just complain they harvested for 3 hours a day for a week straight and didn't get the rare.

Honestly they are doing this Ancient spell crap the wrong way. You have to have Grandmaster scribed to have an Ancient. So since the items to make grandmasters are so rare to try to force people into paying for research reduction, why not make these ancients drop like candy? Something you can have but can't have. poo poo I'd pay to have my top spells/CA GM'd if they had an ancient. But good ol' Sony.

*Not an actual conversation. Just a fantasy in my mind. :3:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sarah posted:

Just kidding, you know I love you Bort.

Ur a Bort.

Also a Jabrony.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Anyone have any experience with the 10 year vet mercs at higher level, say 90 and above? I remember way back before I had these trying to go through some of the content right at the end of Great Divide and beyond and the regular dark elf SK would just get tore the gently caress up. Also how does Stamper hold up? People tell me to buy the AoM Inq merc but that poo poo is way out of my price range.

My friend and I are looking at two possible combos that we'll play to 100. Monk (me) and Dirge or Wizard (me) and Dirge. We plan to do the general stuff to level, dungeons and questing and I want to pick the best two mercs for us to go along with. I have access to the 10 year vet mercs but he does not. Also for a healer, would a mystic or defile be better if I decide to go Monk?

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Givin posted:

My friend and I are looking at two possible combos that we'll play to 100. Monk (me) and Dirge or Wizard (me) and Dirge. We plan to do the general stuff to level, dungeons and questing and I want to pick the best two mercs for us to go along with. I have access to the 10 year vet mercs but he does not. Also for a healer, would a mystic or defile be better if I decide to go Monk?

No brainer: Mystic. Generally speaking, Defiler is terrible for questing because of its atrocious kill rate contribution, and specific to your combo, Mystic is better for melee as well.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Oops. For the healer I meant mercs, not a 2nd box or another RL player. Forgot to specify. My friend is set on Dirge for sure.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Givin posted:

Oops. For the healer I meant mercs, not a 2nd box or another RL player. Forgot to specify. My friend is set on Dirge for sure.

Even more reason to use Mystic, since by the time your Defiler merc targets something it'll be half dead, and by the time it gets a spell off you're already on the next target.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
I am a Defiler, questing is hell on earth solo without a merc. I am 95 almost 96 please level with me. Name is Zionest in game on AB.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Ran around all day in new zones with my old Fury, then made a channeler for the first time and got to 20. Then logged onto Legends of Norrath for the first time ever and had about 140 packs waiting on me.

I love this dumb game and hope it never goes away.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

ZionestLord posted:

I am a Defiler, questing is hell on earth solo without a merc. I am 95 almost 96 please level with me. Name is Zionest in game on AB.

this Heeb haha

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Legends of Norrath is Hearthstone minus 10 years on the release date. And owns.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Givin posted:

Anyone have any experience with the 10 year vet mercs at higher level, say 90 and above? I remember way back before I had these trying to go through some of the content right at the end of Great Divide and beyond and the regular dark elf SK would just get tore the gently caress up. Also how does Stamper hold up? People tell me to buy the AoM Inq merc but that poo poo is way out of my price range.

My 10 year vet merc (paladin) tears everything up so fast i barely have time to get any attacks off (Warden). I only used it for 94-95 (Didn't buy the newest expansion yet) and my kill speed quadrupled after i started using a merc (and i didn't feel it was that slow to begin with.) I have never played a pure dps class in EQ2 so i don't know how fast they kill stuff though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

How is Vado Sensim doing? I've been super focused on my raid mains so I haven't logged in there in a while.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
There's a merc from ToV which might be claimable for you guys.. not sure if it is if you got ToV from buying AoM, but that guy is a Pally I think? Tears poo poo up and heals you. Saved my rear end a few times doing some solo stuff last xpac.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-february-3-2015.557244/

Just a reminder that the LAD changes are here. Will make them much more enjoyable for low level characters.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
I have a UI related question maybe someone could help me with, I'm currently using the latest version of Fetish Core and am looking to make the charges of Toxic Aura I build up for Toxic Assault more visible.

The Toxic Aura icon shows up in the maintained spells window with the number of charges accumulated but due to the number of DoTs, etc. going off it jumps all over the place and makes it kind of a hassle to see exactly how many charges I currently have. I tried using the Refresh Spells window Fetish has to isolate Toxic Aura and while the icon does show up when I have charges, it doesn't display the number of them for some reason :/

I'm not certain if this is due to something I have configured incorrectly or the UI mod itself, but if anyone knows a way I could make it easier to monitor the increments built up I'd appreciate the info!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Tsurupettan posted:

How is Vado Sensim doing? I've been super focused on my raid mains so I haven't logged in there in a while.

Dunno, new semester started and I put off building lesson plans far too long, so I haven't really logged in at all in days, but probably still fine since they're still in faceroll content

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

MrTheDevious posted:

Dunno, new semester started and I put off building lesson plans far too long, so I haven't really logged in at all in days, but probably still fine since they're still in faceroll content

Tonight is the last Fire and Ice / Deception run. After that everyone is free to level to 60.

BUT.....

They have changed the rules on how you can get there and what gear you can use. So much so that I'm tempted to say gently caress it now and just shotgun to 100 with my friend and just Chrono down if I want to see raids. I love the whole level locking content gig. It's fun but there is zero way you can capture a 100% authentic experience. It should just be about experiencing it rather than having to micromanage every piece of gear at your disposal. One thing they mentioned is that Mastercrafted gear is outlawed from raids. While I can see Mastercrafted Fabled being a no no, come on now. There is a thing about being too picky. Also no gear unless you loot it or something or another.

People will be required to declare a main now as soon as the website it live. "so take your time please" When I looked at Inq's on their roster they have like 6 active ones, and three or four active Templars. So I figured I'd try that Monk since they had zero on their roster as mains or alts.

Guild meeting on Friday or something as well.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah not surprised really, sounds about like when I left it. I already spent a huge 30 minutes building the website since the officers apparently couldn't read simple instructions and just build their own Guildportal site (:hurr:) then got bitched at for doing my own Prismatic weapon line instead of not doing it at all just in case the guild decided to do them again someday.

I pretty much stopped logging in on the wizard and started grinding my other characters to 95 at that point. It'll be a couple weeks until I get things settled again here, then I'll probably just truck my SK to 95 and wait to see what happens to Vado before I spend any more time on it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

That sucks. Once my troub is raid ready I'll be on my alts a lot more if anyone wants to hang out and run poo poo together.

I updated the op, but you can mostly find me on Vellamorn or Mishaguji lately.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

How many non-boxed 95+s are there right now?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I'm out for 2-3 weeks right now until the stuff I get paid to do is ironed out, but my SK is 92, my Inquis (that I don't know how to play) is 90, and my necro is 87. Plan on getting the SK at least to 95 then probably buying AOM and heading to 100 if I don't end up hating the game by that point. Every other MMO is a steaming pile of poo poo right now, and there's still a bunch of awesome I haven't seen in EQ2,, so I'll probably play for at least a couple months once work landslide wears off.

I actually know how to play the SK this time, so make a dude in the 90ish range and we can go stomp whatever soonish :allears:

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm out for 2-3 weeks right now until the stuff I get paid to do is ironed out, but my SK is 92, my Inquis (that I don't know how to play) is 90, and my necro is 87. Plan on getting the SK at least to 95 then probably buying AOM and heading to 100 if I don't end up hating the game by that point. Every other MMO is a steaming pile of poo poo right now, and there's still a bunch of awesome I haven't seen in EQ2,, so I'll probably play for at least a couple months once work landslide wears off.

I actually know how to play the SK this time, so make a dude in the 90ish range and we can go stomp whatever soonish :allears:

I got Mystic, Defiler, SK, Bruiser, Necro, and Wiz at 95. Can also use wife's account which has Dirge and Troub at 95. Also have like...10 heroics from the giveaway (basically used all the accounts I made during Test days) that are 90, but I don't even know what classes I rolled.

Get Stanos in on this poo poo.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
God I have to do poo poo again? Are you at least on servers with actual people? Or are we just logging on to farm VP again?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Is anyone interested in doing TOV heroics for funsies and some of the L95 loot that's still good?

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/296934444

Wanting this for my bard and wanted to see if there was interest from anyone else in doing this poo poo. You can also get temp adorns that sell for a ton of plat.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Can anyone give me to low dow on how warder rank works for Beastlords? Every guide online says you get a rank up every time you use the abilities on the special beastlord ability bar. They also say it only takes like 20 minutes to get from rank 1 to 2, but that is total bull poo poo.

edit: I think I am just dumb and impatient.

Also, I just ran my first ever agnostic dungeon. That was fun and fast.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 4, 2015

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Almost done with Frostfang...I Think. So are plenty of guides for where to go but I would rather a goon tell me where to go next.

Also, is grouping for dungeons common? If so, when? I remember running some dungeons and I have to say I enjoyed EQ 2 dungeons more than most MMOs. Thank you.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

joshtothemaxx posted:

Can anyone give me to low dow on how warder rank works for Beastlords? Every guide online says you get a rank up every time you use the abilities on the special beastlord ability bar. They also say it only takes like 20 minutes to get from rank 1 to 2, but that is total bull poo poo.

edit: I think I am just dumb and impatient.

Also, I just ran my first ever agnostic dungeon. That was fun and fast.

You can't actually rank up your Warder until 30. I was frustrated until then and suddenly my Warder shot from rank 1 to 2 in... about 20 minutes.

To get affinity, you need to use one of the abilities on the bar without it landing the killing blow, and then kill the mob. It's kinda asinine.

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Almost done with Frostfang...I Think. So are plenty of guides for where to go but I would rather a goon tell me where to go next.

Also, is grouping for dungeons common? If so, when? I remember running some dungeons and I have to say I enjoyed EQ 2 dungeons more than most MMOs. Thank you.

Butcherblock after you completely clear Frostfang and get your free mount. People will do Agnostic dungeons, and very rarely you might find a group for lower level dungeons if you ask in chat, but it isn't like it used to be.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Stanos posted:

God I have to do poo poo again? Are you at least on servers with actual people? Or are we just logging on to farm VP again?

They nerfed plat drops for old raids long ago :( But apparently loot right sales can regularly get to 1k+. We're all on AB now.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I sold piss easy to get plate healer pants for 3.7k plat with my group last night.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Last time I ran DoV raids, they still gave large amount of plat in the chest. Obviously not the same amount as current content, but a decent amount. Hell, you could probably solo most nameds in ToV x2 with AoM gear.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I didn't make the cut for Vado's perma raid team! Welp!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Get to 100 and raid with me instead in Eviction Notice! We had a few people quit due to irl, rip.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Vado is making cuts? That's weird and dumb. I just want experience classic content damnit, is that so hard to ask?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

joshtothemaxx posted:

Vado is making cuts? That's weird and dumb. I just want experience classic content damnit, is that so hard to ask?

Most progression guilds collapse in VP. From what I saw of Vado, they're slated to collapse long before that due to bad leadership.

Is there still that table in the back of the guild hall for books with guild members' (E)RP backstories? When I saw the tale of the slave-born half-human half-arasi who was thrown out of Neriak because her powers were too great, I :yikes:'d my way straight back to FF14.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Man, sure glad I jumped off that sinking ship. I fuckin' knew it'd collapse. Someone invite my stupid Beastlord to YOGS later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

boho posted:

Most progression guilds collapse in VP. From what I saw of Vado, they're slated to collapse long before that due to bad leadership.

Is there still that table in the back of the guild hall for books with guild members' (E)RP backstories? When I saw the tale of the slave-born half-human half-arasi who was thrown out of Neriak because her powers were too great, I :yikes:'d my way straight back to FF14.

:stare: I gotta go see this