Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

"This is a really, REALLY bad idea..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Someone post the image in the thread, the Twitter link isn't working on my phone tia

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At first I thought that was someone else's hand on the right, but now I see it's the phantom putting on a glove.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I know it's part wishful thinking but all this red and mask stuff keeps reminding me of Persona 2. Come on Nyarlathotep, you can make it back!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Patch notes for an upcoming overhaul of P4 Ultimax.

I thought at first it was just small balance things but they changed pretty much every move in the game for all characters, and altered everything else slightly.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I for one am thrilled that Persona 5 is about a squad of stylish teen cat burglars.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

quote:

Today’s issue of Japanese newspaper Yomiuri Shimbun includes a surprise advertisement for Persona 5 and the Persona Super Live concert.

“Advance notice: Tonight I will appear in Nippon Budokan,” the advertisement reads. It’s signed, “The Phantom.”

Nippon Budokan is, of course, the venue of the concert.

In the center of the advert, we see a character wearing a white mask. We’re not sure who he is, but given the previous concert teaser visual, it’s likely the protagonist of Persona 5.

In the lower left corner, we see the text, “Persona 5 begins.”

To the right, we see the magic hat-wearing fireball-thing and “Take Your Heart” text that appeared in the “News Flash! Persona Channel 2015” live stream earlier.

The Persona live stream is still ongoing. Another unannounced event is planned for 10:30 p.m. EST tonight, and a final unannounced event (heaviy suggested to be Persona 5-related) is planned for tomorrow morning after 7:00 a.m. EST.

Let's go masked man!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

littleorv posted:

I expected Goatse, a little disappointed. For real though I'm not sure how I feel about the mask and I hope it doesn't end up like the glasses or the evoker In the other Persona games. It probably doesn't matter anyways because I'll inevitably get used to it but that's my initial thought.

Edit: I still haven't been this excited about a game in years

The new evoker is the masks from Wonderful 101.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Everyone attending the concert will have their hearts literally stolen. Thus "Persona 5 begins" in real life.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I call Melchizedek

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Now I'm going to be massively disappointed when the game isn't about going to school by day and dressing up as a sentai team of master thieves to troll the boss monsters who secretly control society by night.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's me, i'm the idiot who's going to disrupt his sleep for this announcement

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Poonerman posted:

it's me, i'm the idiot who's going to disrupt his sleep for this announcement

Disrupt your sleep for the exact same trailer to play as last time.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Sho and the Harry Potter dude are the same guy

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Anyone else noticed one of the SMT1 LPs missing from the LP archive?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

ZeusJupitar posted:

Now I'm going to be massively disappointed when the game isn't about going to school by day and dressing up as a sentai team of master thieves to troll the boss monsters who secretly control society by night.

I kinda feel like all of the party members are gonna have some sort of criminal element to them (hence the prisoner ball and chain), but that would push this far closer to Criminal Girls territory than anyone should feel comfortable with.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

uncleKitchener posted:

I think a fair few of the old SMT LPs were missing a ton of images. Like, the vast majority for some.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Overbite posted:

Sho and the Harry Potter dude are the same guy

I still don't know if this would be the dumbest thing or the greatest thing. And there was that whole thing where the Ultimax files referred to Sho as "P5 HERO" internally.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZeusJupitar posted:

gently caress.

Now i'm going to be disappointed too. :(

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Axle_Stukov posted:

I still don't know if this would be the dumbest thing or the greatest thing. And there was that whole thing where the Ultimax files referred to Sho as "P5 HERO" internally.
I think that was just a 4chan rumor.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

uncleKitchener posted:

Looks like it was Dragonatrix's. I liked that LP, I used it a fair bit when I played SMT I

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Axle_Stukov posted:

That was just a fake rumor someone made up.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh, so I'm hearing that the P5hero thing was legit. Some people are speculating that the Ultimax overhaul will add the P5 MC. Currently I think that the concert will open with the P5 OP (maybe titled "Steal Your Heart") and that Persona 5 is going to have a vigilante theme. I'm so hype.

^^^poo poo, I dunno what to believe now

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So is the hub going to be a trashcan fire your team huddle around while planning your various vigilante crimes?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

That was just a fake rumor someone made up.

The rumor has already been spread, though.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

So is the hub going to be a trashcan fire your team huddle around while planning your various vigilante crimes?
I'd be okay with it regardless

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

TurnipFritter posted:

I kinda feel like all of the party members are gonna have some sort of criminal element to them (hence the prisoner ball and chain), but that would push this far closer to Criminal Girls territory than anyone should feel comfortable with.

A bunch of prisoners summoning their other selves to do battle makes me think of part 6 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure much more than it does that.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The new evoker is the masks from Wonderful 101.

I'd settle for this, though :getin:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Ii don't see how much that has to do with criminal girls at all, really.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Moltrey posted:

Looks like it was Dragonatrix's. I liked that LP, I used it a fair bit when I played SMT I

Yeah, I asked Baldurk to remove it a few days ago because all the videos had been broken for years and, more importantly, it was actually kinda bad and terrible fanfiction.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

Well poo poo!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Suaimhneas posted:

A bunch of prisoners summoning their other selves to do battle makes me think of part 6 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure much more than it does that.

They already took Diamond is Unbreakable for Persona 4 and the idea of Personas from Stands so just keep it going.

I'm excited for the Persona game where you cross the US on horseback

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The mask motif feels very p2. I am going to raise my hopes. I need them dashed hard.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I was down on the masks initially but I'm getting pumped again because you all kept saying vigilante theme and that sounds loving awesome.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm going into posting history and found only two pictures of the supposed P5Hero stuff

The original post was this http://i.imgur.com/gbZeFAO.png

A NeoGAF guy gave this pic http://ft.trillian.im/063b224f03a243ad9473163ef4c6cb4cfcf01cf7/6scmxwDDN3AzK4nhqBWt7ogudUePq.jpg

Aparently to see it you need a hacked PS3 and :filez:. Otherwise all you get is jibberish

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Persona 5 evokes your persona by having a heart attack by adrenaline overload. nothing better than fighting crime.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Persona 5 has secretly been Dancing All Night all along.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So is this p5 event still ongoing? should I watch it somewhere? or should I not give a gently caress and check it out in a few days.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Please god let this be basically P5 Hero having persona powers in the real world and decides to be Featherman with awesome/disastrous results.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

So is this p5 event still ongoing? should I watch it somewhere? or should I not give a gently caress and check it out in a few days.

http://cgiirc.synirc.net/irc.cgi

#persona4platinum

and go to p-ch.jp for the stream.

Next event is at 10:30PM eastern. The big reveal will be somewhere around 7AM, but they appear to be setting up for a stream at the Persona concert at 4AM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Persona fans. Stop. Please.

(Please don't, this ridiculous reaching is hilarious.)