Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
To be honest I called him powder way back in the day and recently.

I also post in a weird forum where everyone knows I'm a 30 year old recovered alcoholic with a Cyborg crush and a legitimate Fedor fan. Life is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

good lord, do we have to stink up all MMA threads with the same nonsense? per the new PSP guidelines, all of your posts are poo poo for the following reasons:

-you're talking about posters instead of MMA
-you think telling someone to eat a dick is homophobic or whatever, and you are compelled to keep mentioning it
-you think you're a forum celebrity and won't stop posting about yourself

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

freud mayweather posted:

good lord, do we have to stink up all MMA threads with the same nonsense? per the new PSP guidelines, all of your posts are poo poo for the following reasons:

-you're talking about posters instead of MMA
-you think telling someone to eat a dick is homophobic or whatever, and you are compelled to keep mentioning it
-you think you're a forum celebrity and won't stop posting about yourself

Agreed. (Although I am literally a forum celebrity, as I was celebrated upon my return, by some at least)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I don't like your callout videos because you not once said you would beat him near or into a living death

stop posting about posting about posting for poo poo's sake amigo, starting to think you like to see yourself post and that is weird

Hey actual b-league MMA topic posters hello! how is Ben Askren doing, and did anything ever come of his work to raise his profile, or are we probably never going to see him in a bigger promotion at this point

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 27, 2015

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Agreed posted:

I don't like your callout videos because you not once said you would beat him near or into a living death

stop posting about posting about posting for poo poo's sake amigo, starting to think you like to see yourself post and that is weird

The living death is only funny if accompanied by Titolaugh, beltfall, and chairkick.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Agreed posted:

Hey actual b-league MMA topic posters hello! how is Ben Askren doing, and did anything ever come of his work to raise his profile, or are we probably never going to see him in a bigger promotion at this point

he's a dingus, and a young one at that so not impossible he gets to The Big Show, but he has baditude, and not the kind Dana thinks is fuckin sick, bro

wait,what work to raise his profile? so no, it didn't

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah, it's kind of unusual to see somebody ruffle Bas' feathers as evidently as I seem to recall him doing it, struck me as poor self-promotion and like you said, wrong kinda attitude for the big times

who's another solid competitor that actually does have some career prospects ahead of him? love to watch dudes come up, would especially like to see a really slick BJJ practitioner kicking some rear end today

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Who Gotch Ya posted:

That's not how your comment came off, which is why I didn't get what you're saying you were saying.

I thought it would be pretty easy for people to tell I was loving around with the vids but obviously some people feel so uncomfortable about putting their own physical form out there that they feel the need to be embarrassed when other people do it for fun to have a laugh at themselves. I fully realize I look and act very strange compared to the majority of society and I can laugh at myself without being embarrassed.

Really people are prob just jealous of my awesome pancrase poster and signed Mark Coleman glove hanging from it.

I'm very sympathetic to people putting themselves put there and if it weren't for your laughing at the end I wouldn't of known it was a joke, and even then I wasn't sure. If your going to be doing something as a joke it has to be rediculous to the point where it can't be confused with an Aspergers persons insane ramblings, which yours could of been potentially, albeit with charisma. I can see why people were confused.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Since things are a little more chill in this thread I just want to say welcome back Cort...um....listen to Willie D....

Basically I'm doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UyG-WKiNlI

mewse
May 2, 2006

Agreed posted:

stop posting about posting about posting

:agreed:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

he's a dingus, and a young one at that so not impossible he gets to The Big Show, but he has baditude, and not the kind Dana thinks is fuckin sick, bro

wait,what work to raise his profile? so no, it didn't

He's attempting the Sean mccorckle strategy of posting stupid things on the internet. So far its working great

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

david carmichael posted:

He's attempting the Sean mccorckle strategy of posting stupid things on the internet. So far its working great

Where do you think I learned the strategy I'm using to get the CM Punk fight.

But honestly I think Askren really doesn't care if he gets to UFC. I think he's accepted that they hate him and he can get money beating up people who are bad at fighting elsewhere.

willie_dee posted:

I'm very sympathetic to people putting themselves put there and if it weren't for your laughing at the end I wouldn't of known it was a joke, and even then I wasn't sure. If your going to be doing something as a joke it has to be rediculous to the point where it can't be confused with an Aspergers persons insane ramblings, which yours could of been potentially, albeit with charisma. I can see why people were confused.

Got ya. To be fair, I am extremely weird and hard to "get". I always thought it was cool how you parlay'd funny mountain stalking and cell phone losing into doing a podcast with JT.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/27/7856003/one-of-the-saddest-stories-in-mma-where-has-former-bellator-standout

Frodo may or may not have terrorist ties

Bellator less scummy than he accuses them of being

Frodo got hosed and hasn't fought in 2 years as a result

Weird story though

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/27/7856003/one-of-the-saddest-stories-in-mma-where-has-former-bellator-standout

Weird story though

man, i covered this two months ago http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/11/frodo-khasbulaev-twitter-battles-sam-caplan-who-ya-got/

i only get respect if i talk about fighter dogs, i guess

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

LobsterMobster posted:

man, i covered this two months ago http://uproxx.com/sports/2014/11/frodo-khasbulaev-twitter-battles-sam-caplan-who-ya-got/

i only get respect if i talk about fighter dogs, i guess

You should start posting your articles everywhere on the internet because they are actually good. Do those sbnation fan posts and post like the first paragraph and then a link.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Yuriy posted:

Weird story though

Given the way the US determines whether someone has terrorist ties, I'm mildly surprised that any of the Dagestanis are getting visas, honestly.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Adlan Amagov has been sighted in Raqqa in the past month.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

You should start posting your articles everywhere on the internet because they are actually good. Do those sbnation fan posts and post like the first paragraph and then a link.

yeah

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Invicta's next event is going to be on Friday, February 27 in Los Angeles. That just so happens to be the same weekend and city as Ronda vs Cat

Featherweight Title: Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Justino (12-1, 1 NC) vs. Charmaine Tweet (6-4)
Strawweight: Alexa Grasso (6-0) vs. Mizuki Inoue (8-3)
Strawweight: DeAnna Bennett (6-0) vs. Lynn Alvarez (6-3)
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (4-1) vs. Melanie LaCroix (3-2)
Strawweight: Jamie Moyle (1-0) vs. J.J. Aldrich (1-0)
Strawweight: Brianna Van Buren (3-1) vs. Amy Montenegro (5-1)
Flyweight: Christine Stanley (3-1) vs. Emily Corso (4-0)
Flyweight: Kristi Lopez (2-0) vs. Aspen (0-0)

Grasso vs Inoue is gonna be :krad:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I might go to this because UFC tickets will be ridiculous expensive.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
lollll

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Former-WEC-Champ-Brian-Bowles-Arrested-for-Possession-of-Methamphetamine-80913#r4eLSTWbDfVf6RVl.01

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the Bowles’ residence on Stoner Road in Arcade, Ga.

:laugh:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

God drat he is probably hosed. Someone send him a memo that says, "Don't be a dumb rear end and hire a loving good lawyer."

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Oh hey it's that girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8Ipa1-bzk

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

My vote for best KO 2014

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Japanese MMA in a nutshell

UFC has bald man shout time. JMMA has bald man dick time.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

LobsterMobster posted:

Invicta's next event is going to be on Friday, February 27 in Los Angeles. That just so happens to be the same weekend and city as Ronda vs Cat

Featherweight Title: Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Justino (12-1, 1 NC) vs. Charmaine Tweet (6-4)
Strawweight: Alexa Grasso (6-0) vs. Mizuki Inoue (8-3)
Strawweight: DeAnna Bennett (6-0) vs. Lynn Alvarez (6-3)
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (4-1) vs. Melanie LaCroix (3-2)
Strawweight: Jamie Moyle (1-0) vs. J.J. Aldrich (1-0)
Strawweight: Brianna Van Buren (3-1) vs. Amy Montenegro (5-1)
Flyweight: Kristi Lopez (2-0) vs. Aspen (0-0)

Grasso vs Inoue is gonna be :krad:

gently caress, I thought I commented on this...
Some quick thoughts:
-Tweet's gonna die, but there was no one else really. She's better than Jan Finney at least, I guess.
-Winner of Grasso/Inoue probably gets Kankaanpaa for the title. Kowalkiewicz is apparently fighting for KSW soon so she was unavailable.
-It's a bit sad that DeAnna Bennett, who was the best remaining prospect at FLW, has left the division, but this is a really solid match-up. Alvarez is a quality signing.
-Aldana is clearly being given a softball here. I think the idea is she fights Evinger for the BW title if she wins this.
-Brianna Van Buren is another quality signing (strong wrestler out of AKA, holds a win over Patricia Vidonic, only loss was getting decisioned by Stephanie Eggink, 4-0 amateur record)
-Corso is apparently a really strong prospect with all her wins coming by stoppage, and was 5-0 as an amateur too.

-Only 8 fights? Wtf. It could be 6 by showtime with Invicta's track record on last-minute scratches.

-With the signing of Brianna Van Buren, practically the entire top 35 or so active Women's Strawweights now fall into one of the following categories:
-Signed to the UFC
-Signed to Invicta
-Jessica Aguilar, who is by most accounts #1 in the world
-recently destroyed by Jessica Aguilar
The WSoF have literally no one in the division they could sign and pit against JAG that isn't a comedy match. They may be able to dredge up someone from another division, but it'd still be ridiculous. They need to let her go.

Chrom1um fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 28, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

My vote for best KO 2014
I think that's the first arms-stiff KO I've seen in women's MMA.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://mobile.twitter.com/AmirKingKhan/status/560471372741484544?cn=cmVjb3NfYmFja2ZpbGxfZGlnZXN0

Amir Khan is promoting the SFL in Dubai

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

I read this as Arif Khan and was significantly more impressed.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO3XIRVbrbg

LET'S TAKE A MOMENT TO REMEMBER THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.bringittoafrica.com/from-one-extreme-to-the-other-james-thompson-before-he-found-fighting/

Bit of an insight into JT's life pre MMA fame

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i only caught the tail end of Misaki's career but his fights with Santiago are the best ever.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He outboxed Paul Daley which was p cool to see at the end of his career.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Cool calf slicer from ROC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HxYDCMS1DY

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

that is fantastic, love seeing trickier bjj show up in mma

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

That was a pretty good read.

quote:

I went to my first ju jit su class in Bath. I couldn’t find any classes in Bristol. I got tapped out with a arm bar and I was so mad and shocked that I grabbed the guy by the throat and literalyl throttled him untill he tapped, before being told this wasn’t allowed.

:lol: gently caress your jiu jitsu, playboy

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Francis Carmont is now a bellator fighter

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
And yet he still lives on in EA Games UFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Never seen this one before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR8mdo5rTYY