Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

pentyne posted:

For me the best part was the quick mention by Mac of his urges and compulsions that he has to go talk to a priest and get them out and then he's fine.

Mac is gay.

If only he was more like Country Mac. (RIP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Loud and proud, brother. Loud and proud.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

pentyne posted:

For me the best part was the quick mention by Mac of his urges and compulsions that he has to go talk to a priest and get them out and then he's fine.

Mac is gay.

"And you, Mac, you pretend that you're tough. and straight."

"...I am tough!"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

suboptimal posted:

Loud and proud, brother. Loud and proud.

Mac is so desperate to put on this bad rear end image to all his friends so he associates being gay with not being a tough dude. Then Country Mac comes along and just acts like himself and the gang all loves him, even when he dragged them along to oil up bodybuilders. Country Mac really was a great addition to the show just to highlight how horrible Mac is to himself.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Doltos posted:

Mac is so desperate to put on this bad rear end image to all his friends so he associates being gay with not being a tough dude. Then Country Mac comes along and just acts like himself and the gang all loves him, even when he dragged them along to oil up bodybuilders. Country Mac really was a great addition to the show just to highlight how horrible Mac is to himself.

Then to show how awful the gang/Frank is they toss his ashes down the toilet.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Doltos posted:

Country Mac is that OP character in a video game that needs to be killed off right away because he could destroy the last boss in one single blow.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I loved how none of the gang could come to terms with Cricket even being invited to one of their homes.

Tom P. Baxter
Apr 26, 2005
How do you know my language!?!?!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I loved how none of the gang could come to terms with Cricket even being invited to one of their homes.

I'm pretty sure they would have noticed someone with a burned up face like that.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Surprised that some people here didn't like the last joke. I thought it was pretty fuckin hilarious. The commentary was pretty hamfisted, but that was the only section of it that I actually liked

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Surprised that some people here didn't like the last joke. I thought it was pretty fuckin hilarious. The commentary was pretty hamfisted, but that was the only section of it that I actually liked

I didn't like it because at the time I had no idea what was going on. Now that I've watched it again/read this thread and understand it was just random people throwing away their father.. I like the ending a whole lot more. My roommate and I both outloud said tho "uh, what the gently caress?????" at those last seconds.

E: like most people here, I like all the jokes as their own, but overall it seemed like a weird flow. After a second viewing I think it holds up for the season, but man that was a weird experience.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 30, 2015

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
I loved Frank not even flinching at Dr. Zimmerman calling him Franklin as if most people call him that.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What're the size limits for an avatar?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Jubs posted:

I urge everyone to buy this shirt

Pages ago, but thanks for this heads up because I apparently drunkbought this. The package showed up and I was wondering what the gently caress, looks like my brownout turned a little blackout.

That's alright though, cool design on a nice shirt!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EL BROMANCE posted:

The best part is that they were right: Cricket wasn't invited to the thanksgiving dinner, he just showed up unannounced hoping to score some free food.

The last episode had some ups and downs, but I loved seeing a mildly annoyed Frank get slowly chased by a senile German doctor with a giant net.

"We have to catch ze froggie~!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I do find it hilarious that the least selfless thing the gang ever did - getting Pete away from them was due to their own selfish desire to not hang out with him.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I just noticed that the two radio personalities from Mac's Big Break are two of the construction workers that Charlie doesnt hit with the volleyball in America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

goldblums eyes posted:

I didn't like it because at the time I had no idea what was going on. Now that I've watched it again/read this thread and understand it was just random people throwing away their father.. I like the ending a whole lot more. My roommate and I both outloud said tho "uh, what the gently caress?????" at those last seconds.

I took it as a joke/commentary about the state of mental health care, like the taxes conversation. If you don't know, shipping patients out to save money and basically make them somebody else's problem is something that really happens:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/investigations/nevada-patient-busing/article2577189.html

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Nobody loving cares.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

I really wish they had gone through with the exorcism.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Irish Joe posted:

Nobody loving cares.

That's why they do it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Weird episode, the A plot with Mac, Charlie, Cricket and Pete was pretty strong and also a rather clever subversion of the audience's expectations given the descriptions of Pete in the high school reunion episode but the B plot kinda did nothing for me, Dennis getting diagnosed was good but it felt like the only worthwhile joke in that entire bit.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

My favorite part of that episode is how easily Frank accepted that he was Froggy.

"Oh yeah. I see that. I remember that now."

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I think I felt bad for Pete more than I laughed at the usual antics. It seems like all of the other people the gang has screwed over will shake it off and move on*. Pete, though, is really messed up and trusted the wrong people to be his support base. He really brought the episode down. The best thing is to just ship him off an never think about him again.

*except Cricket of course. But I don't feel bad for him at all. Maybe I have donkey brains.

The Fresh Prince posted:

I just noticed that the two radio personalities from Mac's Big Break are two of the construction workers that Charlie doesnt hit with the volleyball in America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest.
That's Preston and Steve. They have a really funny morning radio show in Philly.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Doobie Keebler posted:

a really funny morning radio show

Impossible.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope Pete comes back as Psycho Pete realizing that the gang did him wrong. And he leads all those with beef with the gang, to take them down.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Doobie Keebler posted:

I think I felt bad for Pete more than I laughed at the usual antics. It seems like all of the other people the gang has screwed over will shake it off and move on*. Pete, though, is really messed up and trusted the wrong people to be his support base. He really brought the episode down. The best thing is to just ship him off an never think about him again.

Well, he kind of gets a happy ending though. Having half a dozen friends* buy you a train ticket to LA and then see you off with a little dance party probably left him with a nice warm feeling inside. :3:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

20 minutes wasn't ever going to be long enough for that episode's stories to be nicely developed.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Weird episode, the A plot with Mac, Charlie, Cricket and Pete was pretty strong and also a rather clever subversion of the audience's expectations given the descriptions of Pete in the high school reunion episode but the B plot kinda did nothing for me, Dennis getting diagnosed was good but it felt like the only worthwhile joke in that entire bit.

Honestly how they mentioned him in the high school reunion episode doesn't fit with Pete in this episode, since it wasn't the gang making rumors about him it was Fatty McGoo saying that he called threatening to burn down the school and the stuff about him eating his family, which I just can't see her just telling lying about the phone call since she got extra security

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Like it wasn't like the gang to totally misinterpret someone and then totally force that vision of them on themselves and everyone else. Dennis was a golden god in high school. Sending Pete away was just like those two people bringing a bum from LA to Philly also.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Ekusukariba posted:

Honestly how they mentioned him in the high school reunion episode doesn't fit with Pete in this episode, since it wasn't the gang making rumors about him it was Fatty McGoo saying that he called threatening to burn down the school and the stuff about him eating his family, which I just can't see her just telling lying about the phone call since she got extra security

The arson threat is a little weird, the only way I could see that working with who Pete actually is is if he say called the school to check if he could show up, they said no due to the rumors about him being a murderer and all and he lost his cool and threatened them.

It was also two years before 'Psycho Pete Returns' so he was likely less well-adjusted at that time, but yeah it doesn't really fit.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Nobody loving cares.

Nice Dennis impression

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The arson threat is a little weird, the only way I could see that working with who Pete actually is is if he say called the school to check if he could show up, they said no due to the rumors about him being a murderer and all and he lost his cool and threatened them.

It was also two years before 'Psycho Pete Returns' so he was likely less well-adjusted at that time, but yeah it doesn't really fit.

Or they said no to him, or even he said he wasn't coming and the rumor mill spiraled it into him threatening everyone.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I have very high expectations for this episode, from everything I've heard it should be a great one.

<----- obviously

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's an anxiety thing, Charlie

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I really want to see these arbitration processes.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Charlie's level of competence in this crisis is pretty amazing

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I'm not sure how to handle Charlie being the only sane one for once.

e: well, relatively.

e: incredibly unsafe.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The cinematography in this episode is really interesting as well. Dunno what the style is but it's definitely not the normal fare.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Dee, you bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
We are going to pull this thing off, so help me God.

*power goes out*

Ah, sonofabitch.