Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's not near as good and catchy as Kakuranger, but it's decent. It certainly won't hurt to listen to every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

loving fantastic. :dance::dance::dance:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Best theme since Gekiranger. Hopefully it's a better show than that wet anime fart of a series.

Not to devalue the importance that a theme has for a Sentai show, since they frequently use it or an instrumental version for musical cues during climactic fight scenes. We definitely have reason to be optimistic here.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 31, 2015

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Burkion posted:

However there is another extreme of toys that is utter poo poo and no one would disagree - the Megaforce solution of NEW TOY EVERY OTHER EPISODE FOR NO REASON

And the funny part is it still had less toys than Goseiger since they cut out Mystic Brothers and Datas. :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Japanese reporter Kenji Goto's death prompted a bunch of news reports about it, which pre-empted some morning shows this sunday including TQG. Nothing else has been said about when this episode's going to air, although rumor goest a show's getting pre-empted on monday to air TQG.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dino Charge is.....good? This is surprising and I don't know what to do with myself.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Waffleman_ posted:

Dino Charge is.....good? This is surprising and I don't know what to do with myself.

Maybe...maybe everything ISN'T poo poo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Good might be pushing it, imo. It's not abjectly terrible at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's better than Super Megaforce's first episode.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It's better than Super Megaforce's first episode.

I haven't seen Operation Overdrive, but I don't think anything could be as bad as anything Super/Megaforce. It is just aggressively bad, acting writing and the absolute squandering of a fantastic series. After that it's hard to have hope, but since this is the first time I'll be able to watch a PR season that I watched the Sentai of AND not have it guaranteed to suck ala Super Megaforce, I can't help but be a little excited. Minus the fact that I have to accept once I start watching that they skipped my beloved Gobusters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh. It's animated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcVGweMtJDY

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, that looks like some pretty straight-to-DVD CGI. I guess it's a Saban thing right now?

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I don't believe that's actually the trailer to the upcoming film. Some guy posted about it in the comments on youtube.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Yeah I don't think that's the MOVIE movie. It seems like a TV movie for Nickelodeon.

Would probably buy that megazord though.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I think that looks pretty okay honestly.

The Megazord reminds me of Transformers: Prime in animation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I don't believe that's actually the trailer to the upcoming film. Some guy posted about it in the comments on youtube.

Yeah, they said it was a proof of concept from 2012 that Saban passed on.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The animation doesn't look that bad at all to me. I wish it got picked up, could have been fun.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
What a pile of loving poo poo, thank god that went to the hole.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Red Ranger moving like Supaidaman caught me for a loop for a second.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

What a pile of loving poo poo, thank god that went to the hole.

The only thing that looked really suspect to me, at least for a Transformers Prime style TV show, is the Yellow Ranger. The entire bit with her trying to take off her helmet seemed really forced and stupid- it's a helmet. While they rarely remove them on screen, they DO do it- you don't have to be a rocket scientist to pull it off.

That and she looked very...white.

You have two actresses you can homage with your dumb New MMPR nonsense- NEITHER OF THEM WERE WHITE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I figured out what it looks like! It looks like a really good fan film. You know, the kind made by one guy in his basement over a couple years.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Burkion posted:

That and she looked very...white.

You have two actresses you can homage with your dumb New MMPR nonsense- NEITHER OF THEM WERE WHITE.

I noticed that too. It was pretty weird, but I thought it could just be how it's hard to tell light skinned races apart in animated mediums with some styles. On something like MMPR, though, you need clear and obvious diversity, or it just doesn't work at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

WickedHate posted:

I noticed that too. It was pretty weird, but I thought it could just be how it's hard to tell light skinned races apart in animated mediums with some styles. On something like MMPR, though, you need clear and obvious diversity, or it just doesn't work at all.
Something something "White Power" Rangers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Double post to say that subs for Drive 16 are up, since Drive didn't get pre-empted, apparently.

And I've gotta say, Dead Heat looks even stupider in motion. And they don't do much to explain why the Dead Zone does what it does, except the generic "it's the midseason upgrade, of course it's dangerous and forbidden" meta-reason.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poison Mushroom posted:

Double post to say that subs for Drive 16 are up, since Drive didn't get pre-empted, apparently.

And I've gotta say, Dead Heat looks even stupider in motion. And they don't do much to explain why the Dead Zone does what it does, except the generic "it's the midseason upgrade, of course it's dangerous and forbidden" meta-reason.

Dead Zone is what they called Hearts murder mode as well right? From that it seems like it gives an extreme boost of power and resilience but actually just straight up kills the user if it goes on for too long. Like Heart almost died and has been out of commission and being healed by Medic since that happened. Seems like a thing certain Roidmudes (and now the totes-not-roidmude powers of Kamen Rider) can do.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dead Zone is what they called Hearts murder mode as well right? From that it seems like it gives an extreme boost of power and resilience but actually just straight up kills the user if it goes on for too long. Like Heart almost died and has been out of commission and being healed by Medic since that happened. Seems like a thing certain Roidmudes (and now the totes-not-roidmude powers of Kamen Rider) can do.
Yeah, I get that part. But what they haven't done much to explain is why Drive goes all PuToTyra after staying in it for, what, a minute?

Edit Though I did like that when he does, the chest tire's pattern changes to what looks like a blown-out tire. It's a nice touch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, I get that part. But what they haven't done much to explain is why Drive goes all PuToTyra after staying in it for, what, a minute?

Literally what I just said! Like the one time we saw Heart go into it he went all berserk immediately and was going all out and was trying to kill himself alongside the Kamen Rider if he had to. Dead Zone makes them go all roid rage. It is just what it does. Too much power pumping through the system, can't think straight.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

It seems like it wont be too long before the kinks are worked out though (four episodes, tops) and then both Drive and Mach will have another upgraded mode

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I really hope they keep giving Kiriko upgraded equipment too, Kiriko Kick was awesome.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Rick Medina has been arrested for fatally wounding his roomate with a sword

quote:

Ricardo Medina Jr., who played a Power Ranger in two incarnations of the popular TV series, was arrested on Saturday and accused of killing his roommate with a sword at their Palmdale, Calif., home.

Medina, 36, allegedly got into an argument with roommate Joshua Sutter, also 36, which turned into a physical fight, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release.

The department said Medina went into his bedroom with his girlfriend, but Sutter followed and forced his way into the room. Then, Medina allegedly grabbed a sword he kept next to the bedroom door and stabbed Sutter in the abdomen.

Medina called 911, waited at the scene and was booked for murder at Palmdale Sheriff Station, where he is being held in lieu of $1 million bail, the department said.

Medina's agent, Gar Lester, said the accusations were difficult to believe.

“He’s been my friend and client for 12 years and he’s a great guy,” Lester told the Los Angeles Times. “He’s great to his dog, he’s great to his people. He’s really a super person.”

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dude broke into his room, and it sounds like things got pretty heated. I'm not saying killing him with a goddamn sword was a normal reaction, but I really don't think the charges are going to sick.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
A 37 year old guy killing someone with a sword he keeps in his bedroom is a story in and of itself. The fact that he played a Power Ranger 10 years ago and then came back to play a villain whose thing was that he really liked killing people with swords is just the icing.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I think Deadheat looks pretty great in motion. That fight with Heart with the lightning and poo poo was really neat. I hope him and Heart have another show down where they're more evenly matched and it's kind of a back and forth fight with lightning spewing everywhere.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think Deadheat looks pretty great in motion. That fight with Heart with the lightning and poo poo was really neat. I hope him and Heart have another show down where they're more evenly matched and it's kind of a back and forth fight with lightning spewing everywhere.

more evenly mach'd.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

that CGI with Chase on the car was terrible though. They've used stuntmen in scenes like that before, I don't know why they went for the CGI there.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

Yeah. Like someone mentioned before, the tire blowout was pretty cool too.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

that CGI with Chase on the car was terrible though. They've used stuntmen in scenes like that before, I don't know why they went for the CGI there.

I honestly didn't even mind that because Chase just abruptly falling from the sky onto Trideron's hood and interrupting their conversation was hilarious.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Brother Entropy posted:

I honestly didn't even mind that because Chase just abruptly falling from the sky onto Trideron's hood and interrupting their conversation was hilarious.

You get so used to him just driving up and causing trouble that him doing that, regardless of quality, was a treat to see. Like, there wasn't even a feasible place for him to jump from! Yet he does it anyway.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Yosuke posted:

You get so used to him just driving up and causing trouble that him doing that, regardless of quality, was a treat to see. Like, there wasn't even a feasible place for him to jump from! Yet he does it anyway.

He must have been hanging from one of the tree branches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just finished the Xmas episode of ToQ. OH HOLY gently caress.

I'm only three episodes behind now, I should be able to catch up in time for the last/last two weeks.

• Locked thread