Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
put an ebay up, ask $10,000, say you will ONLY sell it in person, for cash. ie. they meet you, hand you cash, and watch you send them the knife. this will make history when motar2k buys it to donate to pasha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I feel like I can hear differences in the sound but I probably can't and it's all in my brain.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
alternatively, sell it to motar for 8k with the express purpose of giving it to pasha's kid when she knows how to play csgo

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Man all these knife uncratings and I've yet to break even when opening a case.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

henne posted:

You and me both brother.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

i have opened one of each case and my chroma case had a fn st cartel in it :unsmith:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wanna play on stormy sky Dust2

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Xenaero posted:

I feel like I can hear differences in the sound but I probably can't and it's all in my brain.

I didn't notice any change at all. Wonder what the previous distance threshold for sound being spread (does that mean mono-ified?) was.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
To the guy with that knife, you really need to advertise it on private forums/reddit/maybe even d2jsp. Get all the rich nerds to see it. Sell it to them for cash with a trusted middleman(though I dunno who you can trust with like $20k lmao.) The knife will only go down in value if more pop up, sell it while yours is like the only one in existence. There have been multiple people who donated 10-20k to popular streamers, you will definitely find some oil baron or rich kid who needs to be special. For a score like this you may both have to actually pay the middle man to give him a reason not to just steal it.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 5, 2015

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Sitting Bull posted:

put an ebay up, ask $10,000, say you will ONLY sell it in person, for cash. ie. they meet you, hand you cash, and watch you send them the knife. this will make history when motar2k buys it to donate to pasha.

when we make the handoff, i grab one of em and beat it out of him. the beauty of this plan is its simplicity

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 5, 2015

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Necc0 posted:

- Positional sounds spatialize to within 15 inches of the player and no longer "spread" to stereo when nearby.

What does this mean?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Previously you'd hear distant sounds in your left or right headphone, so you could tell which direction they were. When the noises got close enough, it'd switch to both headphones so you couldnt tell the direction anymore. It sounds like they've shrunk the range at which the switchover to both happens to "so close they can knife you now"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

RadioPassive posted:

What does this mean?

I think it means that when someone is > 15 inches away from you, you will hear sound they make from the position they are in rather than in both ears

It was probably something larger than that previously, meaning that you can hear positional sound from closer enemies now, if that makes sense

e; f,b

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Kumbamontu posted:

I think it means that when someone is > 15 inches away from you, you will hear sound they make from the position they are in rather than in both ears

It was probably something larger than that previously, meaning that you can hear positional sound from closer enemies now, if that makes sense

e; f,b

This was also probably the source of all the vertical sound hosed-ness so that may or may not be fixed now.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Do we know what the range used to be?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

It's not a knife, but I opened a case and got something worth more than the key.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Some of the inventories I have seen from people adding me since posting the knife on reddit for a price check have been crazy. One guy has about a worth of $60k-100k. Being an oil baron must be nice.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Then either he's a really good scammer, or he thoroughly enjoys his internet pixels and you should make yourself 5 grand richer.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
A guy with a 50K inventory is exactly the kind of person I'd be wanting to sell my 5K knife to

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

quote:

You cannot drop your knife.

Keep this in mind and good luck with the sale.

vehk
Jan 31, 2014
My ingame sound has this awful constant static/buzzing sound that never stops but does vary in volume. At first I thought it was interference or something grounded in my case but I think I've ruled that out. I took my entire case apart and reseated everything and swapped out my cables. I don't get any static/buzz in any other media player or any of my other games.

It really seems isolated to CSGO. I've googled around and haven't been able to figure this out. Are there any sound related source commands I could try to fix this?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

vehk posted:

My ingame sound has this awful constant static/buzzing sound that never stops but does vary in volume. At first I thought it was interference or something grounded in my case but I think I've ruled that out. I took my entire case apart and reseated everything and swapped out my cables. I don't get any static/buzz in any other media player or any of my other games.

It really seems isolated to CSGO. I've googled around and haven't been able to figure this out. Are there any sound related source commands I could try to fix this?

I got terrible buzzing when I tried to use one of those tie-pin mics people us on tv.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Do you use the front or back headphone jacks? Sometimes I get buzzing if I am using the front jacks and also have something plugged into the front USB

vehk
Jan 31, 2014

Sitting Bull posted:

Do you use the front or back headphone jacks? Sometimes I get buzzing if I am using the front jacks and also have something plugged into the front USB

I was convinced it was my motherboard sound and/or the front/back ports so I bought a dedicated PCI-E sound card and its the same issue. Actually its worse with the sound blaster vs realtek. This is part of why I think its the actual game since I don't get the buzzing in any other sound playing application besides CSGO with either sound blaster or realtek.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Sitting Bull posted:

Try unplugging all your usb devices individually in-game and see if it stops.

I know if I am charging my phone and listening to the aux jack simultaneously I can get an audible buzz feedback.

Also try running snd_restart in console and see if that makes any difference whatsoever?

eta: think you need sv_cheats 1 enabled before it lets you restart the sound though.

mythadile fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 5, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: Nevermind, probably not this.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

vehk posted:

I was convinced it was my motherboard sound and/or the front/back ports so I bought a dedicated PCI-E sound card and its the same issue. Actually its worse with the sound blaster vs realtek. This is part of why I think its the actual game since I don't get the buzzing in any other sound playing application besides CSGO with either sound blaster or realtek.
is it coil whine from your video card ? Does it worsen with load

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 6, 2015

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

henne posted:

The drop rate for knives has been estimated to be in the 0.1% to 0.9% range. Blues somewhere probably between 75% to 79%.

I don't know what black magic some of you goons have been doing but share it with the rest of the class please.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Even if they shared it you'd spend over $80 on keys and after you finally see the ticker move over that yellow box, it'll open to reveal a FT Safari Mesh Gut Knife. Congrats on winning the reverse lottery

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I've had three knives drop for me. The dream is real, please insert another $2.49 to play again!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
lol c9

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
twitch.tv people in comp are the worst

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Tried out for a tryhard team yesterday, and bottom-fragged :( They had me holding B on Inferno, though.

One day you'll see me on GOTV clicking on heads.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Hey Eurogoons, if you want to solo queue in to NA East with a reasonable ping do the following.

Get "MM Server Picker" from http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

Get WtfFast, trial/free version is fine.

Use MMSP to block all servers except NA East. Open CS and queue as normal. In the warmup you'll have your normal ping , minie is usually ~190 these days. Quit cs. Login to wtfast and start cs from there. Reconnect and you'll have a much better ping, I get between 95 and 120. If you queue again after that match you don't need to go through the process again.

If you don't go through that process the first time wtf seems to bypass the server blocks and you'll be back in Euro servers.

Theres probably better ways to do this but it works for me.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

bpower posted:

Hey Eurogoons, if you want to solo queue in to NA East with a reasonable ping do the following.

Get "MM Server Picker" from http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

Get WtfFast, trial/free version is fine.

Use MMSP to block all servers except NA East. Open CS and queue as normal. In the warmup you'll have your normal ping , minie is usually ~190 these days. Quit cs. Login to wtfast and start cs from there. Reconnect and you'll have a much better ping, I get between 95 and 120. If you queue again after that match you don't need to go through the process again.

If you don't go through that process the first time wtf seems to bypass the server blocks and you'll be back in Euro servers.

Theres probably better ways to do this but it works for me.

This is probably because WTFast uses their own DNS servers rather than your computer's hosts file (which is probably how "MM Server Picker" works).

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNQ_pyONug

If hosed up things keep happening I'll keep making videos.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

whoknew posted:

This is probably because WTFast uses their own DNS servers rather than your computer's hosts file (which is probably how "MM Server Picker" works).

From what I've heard, the server picker just bans ip ranges of servers in Windows firewall.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

From what I've heard, the server picker just bans ip ranges of servers in Windows firewall.

Yep

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Dork457 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNQ_pyONug

If hosed up things keep happening I'll keep making videos.

This is why you don't give up sites if the bomb isn't secured, class :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Smol posted:

Welp that would also do it.

• Locked thread