Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guys name - Protagonist (obviously a your name here thing)
Blonde Girl - Takamaki Anzu
Blonde Guy - Sakamoto Ryuuji
Cat - Morgana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

OneDeadman posted:

Persona the Fifthhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, I have no idea if we're going back to real rear end dungeons or they're making the random dungeons cool as gently caress.

I wonder if the gimmick here is going to be breaking into other people's minds to free them from their inner demons. The Shadows/demons/whatever they're going with are thus parts of the target's subconscious fighting off the mental intruders.

Also, it's interesting to see separate weapon slots for what I assume are melee weapons and guns. They haven't done that since Persona 1, if I recall correctly. I'm guessing the "Protector" slot is for defense-boosting armor, while the "Clothes" slot is for alternate costumes.

I'm guessing we're going to end up getting alternate costumes based on the Persona 3/4 characters, either as hidden content or DLC.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Looks like the area under the mask is like a shadow. So I guess the masks cause them to get shadows/persona?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So any idea why Morgana is some kind of cartoon cat anyway? There's some shots of it lookin normal but other times looks like another Teddy situation of being a mascot.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Ah poo poo, nevermind. Thought I grabbed a shot of possible 5th party member.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Guys name - Protagonist (obviously a your name here thing)
Blonde Girl - Takamaki Anzu
Blonde Guy - Sakamoto Ryuuji
Cat - Morgana

Ahhh, thanks! I'm glad I was right on Sakamoto's name at least. The kanji for Takamaki Anzu just didn't click to me.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So any idea why Morgana is some kind of cartoon cat anyway? There's some shots of it lookin normal but other times looks like another Teddy situation of being a mascot.

It wears a mask and changes, looks like.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I can't wait to see the new attendants in action.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Neeksy posted:

I can't wait to see the new attendants in action.

They look like prison guards.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

anime

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am most surprised that they seem to be giving the MC some personality and style. Harry Potter-Tuxedo Mask rules and certainly looks like a Gangstar to me.

Well, in retrospect it makes sense how in the trailer last year, the protagonist was presented as the most boring mild mannered guy on earth, even compared to the protagonists from P1-P4..... so they could contrast it by later revealing his flamboyant secret identity

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Good answer

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Personas are the masks we put on in everyday life. Teddie gets a Persona and becomes human, cat gets a mask = persona = human. Ish.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Alright, I think I got the possible 5th party member:

Different mask/costume/tail than the other characters.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Neeksy posted:

Alright, I think I got the possible 5th party member:

either a bad man or will give you awesome drugs for helping the city folk.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Looks like that's a kitsune lady.

Also I definitely read Juvie on the site.
Anyone better able to translate this summary?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Golden Goat posted:

Did we get any shots of their personas names?

This is the closest I saw.

Anyway, "Commu" (SLink) isn't on the menu, but "Cooperation" is.

Let us all hold hands and pray that this game does not involve mandatory stealth sections.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Neeksy posted:

Isn't that the blonde guy?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXXoIrvtHbU

The_Frag_Man posted:

Isn't that the blonde guy?
Nope, he shows up after that shot.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

This is the closest I saw.

Anyway, "Commu" (SLink) isn't on the menu, but "Cooperation" is.

Let us all hold hands and pray that this game does not involve mandatory stealth sections.

Uh..... Joker?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Man, I should not be getting so hyped for Persona 5 right now.

Mostly because there is no chance of Europe getting it at a reasonable time. I suppose that won't matter too much if they don't do the Arena thing and regionlock it though.

...It doesn't help though that Persona: Phantom Thief Edition is basically everything I love rolled into one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150718568&postcount=542 posted:

Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Seems like equipment are gonna from some ex-military too.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

HGH posted:

Looks like that's a kitsune lady.

Also I definitely read Juvie on the site.
Anyone better able to translate this summary?

My glossing of it he sorta jokes about people making Lupin the 3rd compairsons, and that he was influenced by "Academy Juvenile" and some other reference I didn't quite get. He hopes people will enjoy the style they invested in it, etc.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Man, I should not be getting so hyped for Persona 5 right now.

Mostly because there is no chance of Europe getting it at a reasonable time. I suppose that won't matter too much if they don't do the Arena thing and regionlock it though.

...It doesn't help though that Persona: Phantom Thief Edition is basically everything I love rolled into one.

Yeah, the PS3/PS4 is region free and I don't think Atlus is that much of a horrible company. Or maybe I am just jaded and like Atlus games too much to realize how horrible they are.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

Samael posted:

Yeah, the PS3/PS4 is region free and I don't think Atlus is that much of a horrible company. Or maybe I am just jaded and like Atlus games too much to realize how horrible they are.

Literally the only region locked game on PS3 ever was P4 Arena. I don't think Ultimax was, and that was in the Index days (I think?), but still.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think that was ASW's call to prevent people from reverse importing P4A since it had English and Japanese tracks. Still a lovely move though.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

i hope the cat is not annoying like teddie

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Mercurochrome posted:

i hope the cat is not as annoying as teddie

No it will be more annoying and will have "Nyaa" at the end of each sentence instead of "Kuma" like a felyne from Monster Hunter.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Mercurochrome posted:

i hope the cat is not annoying like teddie

You jinxed it.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how the gently caress did they do this

they have out done themselves, and i guess they did keep some of the catherine era "demo for our new persona game" stuff, what with the resteraunt table

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

whenever the cat isn't on screen everybody should be asking "where's Morgana?"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Samael posted:

No it will be more annoying and will have "Nyaa" at the end of each sentence instead of "Kuma" like a felyne from Monster Hunter.

god i hope not

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Ruggington posted:

morgana died on the way back to her home planet

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I hope they do that for the MC so I can call my character Waldo-kun.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Uhm... They were in the Catherine bar from the looks of it. Loving this poo poo.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yo that looks loving dope as poo poo. So many people were afraid it would turn into moe anime stuff but it's loving Lupin. This is the goddamn best.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wow. Was not expecting there to actually be sonething revealed when I saw the couple hundred new posts. I was right about the ~50 just being variations of "holy poo poo" though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Chexoid posted:

Yo that looks loving dope as poo poo. So many people were afraid it would turn into moe anime stuff but it's loving Lupin. This is the goddamn best.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i thought the same thing about the lupin theme

i for one look forward to stealth crawling dungeons