Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Another good episode and a break from the monster of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Level Slide posted:

Between Karima and the triplets, I love how Wilfrid keeps tabs on everyone who has a long-standing beef with him or Gunpla Academy as a whole.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of Allan's jobs, actually.

"Christ, who did my nephew piss off this week?"

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Tryon-3's not the issue though, and besides that's a pretty basic mechanical conversion. We're talking about an actual size discrepancy in the SD-R's SD's going from three small gunpla to one colossal dragon towering over their opponent.

If you're not going to level it, why even go in? If you don't you get a 1-1 fight and that has a good chance of being Sekei vs some SD gundam who will get mashed because he won't get a chance to make traps.

Sit around on your rear end and play cards.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 5, 2015

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Fun episode, despite all the budget that wasn't in it. I particularly loved Gyanko's Newtype flash when she was monologuing about Shia.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

If you're not going to level it, why even go in? If you don't you get a 1-1 fight and that has a good chance of being Sekei vs some SD gundam who will get mashed because he won't get a chance to make traps.

Sit around on your rear end and play cards.

You're forgetting the first lesson of Gunpla Battle: Have Fun. Camping around and waiting for your opponent is Not Fun. The Meijin would be ashamed of you. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zwingley posted:

Fun episode, despite all the budget that wasn't in it. I particularly loved Gyanko's Newtype flash when she was monologuing about Shia.

You're forgetting the first lesson of Gunpla Battle: Have Fun. Camping around and waiting for your opponent is Not Fun. The Meijin would be ashamed of you. :colbert:

Are you saying Nether Gundam isn't fun? Because we may have to have words.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i always imagined the neo-netherlands pilot just always super stressed out hiding in his cockpit and humorously-orange colored mts suit

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

Are you saying Nether Gundam isn't fun? Because we may have to have words.

We can have words. Those words are Nether Gundam is at the very least 40 times as fun as team SD-R.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
danejl the finals are approaching you must make way for hong kong

code:
clogging intensifies

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Will the actual SxDxG kit include a dragon transformation mode?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 5, 2015

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Wow they're really pushing Sekai being a G gundam pilot to the limit with that assimilation explanation.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope they actually break Sekai's legs via Gunpla.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In the final episode Sekai gives his life so his team can win, and he is forever forgotten because there is nothing memorable about the character. Team Try achieves fame for being a team that somehow managed to beat the odds and win the entire tournament with only 2 members. Mirai wonders why her house has a room that seems like it belonged to someone else.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 5, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

chumbler posted:

In the final episode Sekai gives his life so his team can win, and he is forever forgotten because there is nothing memorable about the character. Team Try achieves fame for being a team that somehow managed to beat the odds and win the entire tournament with only 2 members. Mirai wonders why her house has a room that seems like it belonged to someone else.

Nah, Gyanko joins the team and retroactively takes Sekai's place in everyone's memories.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

AfroSquirrel posted:

Nah, Gyanko joins the team and retroactively takes Sekai's place in everyone's memories.
I'd watch The Gyanko Gyanshow.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Gyanpla is freedom!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

muike posted:

i always imagined the neo-netherlands pilot just always super stressed out hiding in his cockpit and humorously-orange colored mts suit

Beads of sweat rolling down his cheeks every time a Gundam pilot walks by, like he's one of the marines watching the motion tracker in Aliens.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The best part about the Nether Gundam is that they mass produced them. They must have been pretty confident in their fighting ability to do so, and I would love to see an 08th MS Team style OVA about a team of Nether Gundam pilots saving the day.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
The logic for the combination is weird, having to absorb energy being neccesary for your combination sounds much less flexible than being able to combine straightaway. What I am actually saying is that the Tryon3 is the best combiner.
Gyanko's status: still the best.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The fact that they need energy to combine lends weight to the idea that their combination isn't physically possible like Tryon 3's(and would handily handwave the size difference).

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kanos posted:

The fact that they need energy to combine lends weight to the idea that their combination isn't physically possible like Tryon 3's(and would handily handwave the size difference).

You think maybe that's why they care so much about power levels? Could be their gimmick is absorbing the particles from their opponents.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Now I kinda wished they'd pull an Android 19 and had Sekai fire a Phoenix blast only for them to absorb it and use that to fuel their transformation.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Just remembered that the triplets got genuinely concerned when Shia took down Karima's mobile armor last week. Now it makes sense, given their trump card is a mobile armor.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm just glad that someone finally copied Sei's absorb shield. I know it wasn't very useful in the first series, but it still was a great idea.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I still think it's hilarious that Try Burning's power comes from translucent parts.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Gotta push those limited clear kits somehow.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monaghan posted:

I'm just glad that someone finally copied Sei's absorb shield. I know it wasn't very useful in the first series, but it still was a great idea.

The fact that the absorb shield was almost never useable in BF1 was one of the strong points of how the show was written. It would have been awful if it was the answer to everything like build knuckle was or jigen haoh poo poo for much of Try, but instead it showed that the top level competitors were actually good because of how they negated it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Bring back Fellini.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

chumbler posted:

The fact that the absorb shield was almost never useable in BF1 was one of the strong points of how the show was written. It would have been awful if it was the answer to everything like build knuckle was or jigen haoh poo poo for much of Try, but instead it showed that the top level competitors were actually good because of how they negated it.

yeah I'm not complaining about how it was used in Season 1, as I thought it showed how smart the fighters are, but it's still nice that someone else decided to outfit their gunpla with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I actually liked them using the absorb shield to absorb particles from the gunpla themselves. That's a clever use of the mechanics since they need them to move.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ImpAtom posted:

I actually liked them using the absorb shield to absorb particles from the gunpla themselves. That's a clever use of the mechanics since they need them to move.
Yeah, when I saw it, my first thought was "some kind of gravity thing". Actually absorbing the particles is a cool idea.

And makes the "oh, it's the placebo effect" explanation for Gunpla Trans Am even stranger.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The way they've written this, they could have the finals be won by Sekai using up too much of his burning spirit and dying for it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

nuru posted:

The way they've written this, they could have the finals be won by Sekai using up too much of his burning spirit and dying for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-VQauBfjs

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Rather than Castlevania, I keep thinking of Ducktales. Guess the Renato Triplets found the secrets of the Absorb System in their Junior Woodchuck Guide.

LET'S SOLVE A MYSTERY
OR REWRITE HISTORY

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Rather than Castlevania, I keep thinking of Ducktales. Guess the Renato Triplets found the secrets of the Absorb System in their Junior Woodchuck Guide.

I'm surprised more teams dont have a pro moonlighting as coaches. I know they don't want it to feel like its all the old stars fighting again through proxies... but its not like team Try Fighter's is Ramba Ral 2.0. Fellini managing team Heart-throb Girlfriend Stealers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blackchamber posted:

I'm surprised more teams dont have a pro moonlighting as coaches. I know they don't want it to feel like its all the old stars fighting again through proxies... but its not like team Try Fighter's is Ramba Ral 2.0. Fellini managing team Heart-throb Girlfriend Stealers.

That team disbanded when Fellini stole all of their girlfriends and then got yelled at by his wife.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Blackchamber posted:

The army of guys who had their girlfriends stolen by Fellini appearing in the Gaw was one of my favorite bf1 moments.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

Gyanpla is freedom!

:agreed:

Gundam haunted house was more fun than it had any right to be.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So the manual for the Try Burning is out. Since I clearly have nothing better to translate, here's the cliff notes:

Model number is TBG-011B, which is just the BB's but with a T at the beginning.

The bio is just a summary of the Nielsen Lab trip. Only thing of note (Assimiliation triples capabilities) was mentioned last episode.

When the Try Burning Gundam purges its armor, it reveals its new power! That fighting strength breaks through the ground and tears through space!

Based off: Build Burning Gundam
Just a short description. The BB specializes in close comabt, the pilot is Sekai, the BB can effectively use his Jigen Haoh techniques, nothing new.

Close Combat Type Gundams
Some more obvious stuff. Close combat MS have to get in close to attack, the fighter's force of will and fighting spirit can be the difference between victory and defeat, there's usually some kind of transformation linked to emotion.

Burning Burst System
Similar to the SBS' RG System, the TB has built in transparent parts throughout its frame that constantly store plavsky particles. Just by comparing the two you can already see that the TB has waaaay more clear parts, so it has a much higher rate of emission. So much higher that it can possibly damage the suit. To get around this, the kit purges the armor around the clear parts so they can blaze freely.

Jigen Haoh Ryuu: Rasen Ken (Spiral Fist)
It's specifically mentioned as being impossible for humans, but the TB is a gunpla so who cares.

Jigen Haou Ryuu: Hadou Reppaku Ken (Surging Tearing Fist [it's the Hadou from Hadouken and literally "the sound of tearing through clothes"])
Sends a wave of fiery particles through the ground, creating a shockwave.

Jigen Haou Ryuu: Senpuu Tatsumaki Keri (Hurricane Kick)
For some reason it's Senpuu Tatsumaki instead of Tatsumaki Senpuu like the classic Street Fighter move. Anyways the TB spins around violently in the air and creates a tornado that strikes with the force of a missile.

When the TB releases all of its stored particles at once, it looks like it's on fire. That indicates it has a tremendous amount stored up, and is why it needs a barrier to control it (I think it means the clear parts?). By punching with both hands and releasing all of its particles, the TB can create a phoenix-like mass of particles that destroys anything it touches.

The TB is theoretically 17.7 meters, which hilariously means it's shorter than the BB (18 meters). It's 0.3 tons lighter too, which makes sense since Yuuma ditched some of the armor.

The kit is slightly smaller too. I honestly could not tell you what changed though.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 6, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Best explanation I could give is the crest looks just a hair shorter. That's about it though, I have no other idea as to how it got shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The lower legs are entirely new from the knees until you reach the ankles. There's probably a fraction of a size change in there.

wanna build that burning

• Locked thread