Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Republicans posted:

The item descriptions indicate they plan on having craftable guns and melee weapons besides makeshift hatchets/spears, so they'll come eventually.

I hope the server wipe means they figured out how to fix the duping. I really want us all to build a sweet fort again. If they make it so you can't use things like furnaces as steps over fences it'll be fun to have something properly defensible they can't just pick apart with infinite fire axes.
let's be honest. if they thought there was a fix for duping in a patch, they'd be tooting that horn all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Blazing Zero posted:

let's be honest. if they thought there was a fix for duping in a patch, they'd be tooting that horn all over the place.

We'll see, but a wipe without first fixing a dupe exploit makes zero sense.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Republicans posted:

We'll see, but a wipe without first fixing a dupe exploit makes zero sense.

Are you seriously accusing :soe: of making sense?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I can't even tell if this is a joke - taken from steam news

SOE posted:

Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company
3 FEBRUARY - LAPTOP65
Dear Players, Partners and Friends,

Today, we are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies. This means that effective immediately SOE will operate as an independent game development studio where we will continue to focus on creating exceptional online games for players around the world, and now as a multi-platform gaming company. Yes, that means PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and more!

As part of this transition, SOE will now become Daybreak Game Company. This name embodies who we are as an organization, and is a nod to the passion and dedication of our employees and players. It is also representative of our vision to approach each new day as an opportunity to move gaming forward.

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

Our games and players are the heart and soul of our organization, and we are committed to maintaining our portfolio of online games and pushing the limits of where we can take online gaming together.

Thank you for your continued support. See you in game!

The Team at Daybreak

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
There's something so janky about their new name.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

xutech posted:

I can't even tell if this is a joke - taken from steam news
you're a day late, friend. if it's a joke, the punchline isn't going to reveal itself for another few months i imagine.

jneer posted:

There's something so janky about their new name.
it's because it's daybreak game company in a sea of studio's, lab's or just [name] without any follow up. why didn't they go with daybreak studios? daybreak development? maybe they wanted the name to be purposely jarring? :psyduck:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 3, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Flavahbeast posted:

Why would Sony cut SOE loose if EQN was shaping up to be a real good mmo that could supplant WoW :ohdear:

makes u think

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vandalism posted:

Some dude killed me from range with an AR. I got too cocky :v:

Do any goons even play this right now? Awful soon for it to fall off the radar.

I dont think it makes sense to really try to organize anything "serious" right now given the state of the game. Once things get fleshed out a little more, we will get a little more organized.

I love this kind of game and would have no problem helping organize goons in order to poo poo on as many people as possible -- through him all things are possible.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Daybreak games. Daybreak a lot of games in fact.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FormerFatty posted:

I dont think it makes sense to really try to organize anything "serious" right now given the state of the game. Once things get fleshed out a little more, we will get a little more organized.

I love this kind of game and would have no problem helping organize goons in order to poo poo on as many people as possible -- through him all things are possible.

There isn't a point to base building or organizing beyond random bandit roving until they fix the duping. Duping fireaxes is breaking the game far beyond duping any other item, because it makes basing and stashing completely pointless.

Without any sense or motivation for progress, not a lot of reason to play this or any other survival game. It therefore vexes me that they haven't taken the issue far more seriously thus far.

quote:

Daybreak games. Daybreak a lot of games in fact.

:v:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I think in honor of SOE's divestment I'm gonna name my next survivor "Qeynos"

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Patch notes:

quote:

Bandages and First Aid Kits no longer heal vehicles when used from the trunk
Reduced the amount of stacked ammo that can be found in the world.
Finding a full magazine worth of ammo will be very rare.
Adjusted the amount of durability lost on worn equipment when killed.
Adjusted the amount of durability lost when firing weapons.
changed some input mapping data which may reset some edits done to
InputProfile_user.xml if they player has edited them
Speculative fix for large latencies when players dismount vehicles.
Fixed additional cases of poison gas persisting after leaving a Battle Royale match.
Adjusted toxic gas damage.
adjusted some server configurations to improve overall server performance

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so im taking it the duping/glitching into walls thing is a "we're never fixing this, but dont do it or we'll ban you" type of thing

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eonwe posted:

so im taking it the duping/glitching into walls thing is a "we're never fixing this, but dont do it or we'll ban you" type of thing

I'm sure they'll figure out the end process exploit eventually and I wonder if they can just make your character immobile when logging in before geometry loads to keep people from bypassing it. Would also let you actually log into your base instead of under it, too.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

They claim they are fixing dupe methods every patch but don't put it in the notes... Obviously some of them haven't been fixed yet(tho I haven't played the patch that went live 10 min ago and I have never tested one of the methods before).

Kimsemus posted:

There isn't a point to base building or organizing beyond random bandit roving until they fix the duping. Duping fireaxes is breaking the game far beyond duping any other item, because it makes basing and stashing completely pointless.

Without any sense or motivation for progress, not a lot of reason to play this or any other survival game. It therefore vexes me that they haven't taken the issue far more seriously thus far.

:v:

There's no point duping fireaxes, when a spear gets a single player in a base in under 3 minutes lol. But yea, bases are not secure at all currently.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I just tested it, looks like they finally fixed the end process exploit. Can't loving wait for the wipe now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Republicans posted:

I just tested it, looks like they finally fixed the end process exploit. Can't loving wait for the wipe now.

holy gently caress, they didn't :soe: at all

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

holy gently caress, they didn't :soe: at all

They probably broke something else. You can't logout now. :p

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Akion posted:

They probably broke something else. You can't logout now. :p

Oh no!!! It's SAO!!! don't die either...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trip report: no people that were obviously hacking

weapons and ammo at a reasonable level

was this the god patch or what did they gently caress up

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Eonwe posted:

trip report: no people that were obviously hacking

weapons and ammo at a reasonable level

was this the god patch or what did they gently caress up

wait for it....

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

So my character that has been surviving for something like 6 hours on a PVP server got disconnected just now, and when I logged back in I was a new character.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I haven't found a gun in my last eight hours of play. Ran into plenty of people that have, however.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

DOOMocrat posted:

I haven't found a gun in my last eight hours of play. Ran into plenty of people that have, however.

That was my experience as well. I finally found a single pistol and had a means to use my 300+ .45 bullets.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Guns have always been a rarity for me, but just last night I was killing zombies in the woods, and one had a shotgun AND a pistol. The pistol was in bad shape, but a few minutes later, I killed another zombie that had a pistol in much better condition.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
found 3 pistols in the police station last night with about 80 ammo

then I killed everyone who came in for a while and stole their stuff

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
so guns are spawning better?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Guns are about as rare, ammo is down. Other vitals take their place, so getting a character geared with say, a wooden bow is faster.

I'm getting crashes to desktop now, though.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

quote:

Tomorrow as part of our normal game update, we will be doing a complete server wipe. What does that mean for you? Think of it as a factory reset. We are going to be wiping the world clean of any player built structures, vehicle placement, everything. We are also going to be doing a full character wipe as well. Your characters will not exist on any servers, so you will have to create new ones.

What won’t be going away are any account locked items. These items are things like crates and crate keys. All the cosmetic skins you found inside the crate or won from Battle Royale will be safe and be locked to your account. The things that will not be safe are anything you have on your character or hidden in the world at the time of the wipe.

For people who purchased the Premium or upgraded to the Premium Edition will be topped off up to 3 Airdrop Tickets. If you already have 3 or more Airdrop Tickets you won’t be receiving any additional ones. This won’t happen at the exact time of the wipe but will be granted to your account within a few business days afterward.

Full server wipes are a part of Early Access and this won’t be the last one. They help make the game better in substantial ways. We appreciate your support in H1Z1 and the game has already grown a huge amount because of the collaboration between us.

You will receive the full list of other patch notes as we get closer to announcing when this downtime will exactly be tomorrow.

Get hype for some sort of catastrophe!

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
Server wipe tomorrow:

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2ut8b2/server_wipe_coming_25/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Calling all goons let's get back on this poo poo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seriously, I think I've been the only one in Mumble for a few days now unless I'm just missing a horde of 20 of you all by like two minutes.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

suboptimal posted:

Seriously, I think I've been the only one in Mumble for a few days now unless I'm just missing a horde of 20 of you all by like two minutes.

I've been lone wolfing it since there hasn't been much point in any organized effort when everyone just dupes or repawns with their stuff if you kill them. Very much looking forward to getting the team back together after the wipe. Hopefully it happens early in the day.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I've not been playing till they fix more of the base building/hit detection poo poo.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'll probably give it another go now that the dupes are fixed and we can restart with a clean slate.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

I'll be on playing tomorrow night after the server wipe.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Full patch notes are up.

quote:

Sitting will cancel auto-run.
Fixed a bug where players can interrupt equip actions too quickly.
Fixed an issue where ammo count could become incorrect if you interrupt a reload action.
Objects making noise above or below you in a multi-story building will now be properly attenuated.
Added slight zoom to all guns and bows in Iron Sight mode.
Lowered sway on .308 rifle while in scoped mode.
Fixed an issue with hydration burning too fast when stamina was full.
Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause oddities on SLI setups
Dropping an item from a world container places it at the players feet instead of the world container origin. The latter would hide it in the world container model.
Vehicle stability adjustments – angular damping, moment of inertia, center of mass, tire friction and steering range tuning on the OffRoader, PickupTruck and PoliceCar.
Working on getting the vehicles to be more stable and less likely to abruptly roll or flip (this will still be possible on rocks, rough terrain, and player placed objects) but trying to make them more fun and survivable.
Fixed /respawn on PvE servers.
Fixed self-damage on PvE servers; the players may be the source of damage to themselves without mitigation.
Made players names reusable across servers. Names on each server must still be unique.
Battle Royale: Cleaned up gas after matches.
Battle Royale: gas damage reduced.
Fixed certain points of interest not getting reported when players entered.
Limited players to one character per server.
Recipe Changes
The makeshift shovel recipe now requires a metal sheet instead of a metal shard.
The storage container recipe now requires more materials.
The barbed wire recipe now requires wood planks and more metal shards.
The snare recipes now requires more metal shards.
The dew collector recipe now requires more wood planks and wood sticks.
The ground tiller recipe now requires more metal shards.
Bulk Changes - Many bulk changes have been made in an effort to meet somewhere in the middle of realistic and not annoying.
Canned food is 25 instead of 100.
All instances of water bottles are 25 instead of 50.
Backpacks are 150 instead of 600.
Military backpacks are 500 instead of 1400.
Car batteries 300 instead of 100.
Car fuel is 100 instead of 10.
Wood logs are 50 instead of 100.
Wood planks are 25 instead of 50.
Campfires are 50 instead of 100.
Scrap Metal is to 25 instead of 5.
Metal Sheets are 100 instead of 50.
Metal Pipes are 150 instead of 50.
Shirts are 50 instead of 100.
Jeans are 50 instead of 100.
Many melee weapons have had their bulk reduced.
First aid kits are 25 instead of 10.
All meat is 15 instead of 5.
Rifle ammo is 2 instead of 1.
Shotgun shells are 5 instead of 1.
Arrows are 5 instead of 1.
Shirts can now only hold 50 bulk instead of 90.
Pants can now only hold 50 bulk instead of 100.

5 bulk arrows and 5 bulk shotgun shells are both ridiculous.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Lol so we can carry basically nothing now and they goddamn nerfed backpacks into uselessness.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I think (I hope) they only changed the amount of space they take up in another container and not the amount of inventory space they actually have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Sounds like they unfucked the game. I'll be back for shenanigains ASAP. LET US BUILD A NEW GOONDOOR.

• Locked thread