Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Solaufein owns but I have no idea how he's lived as long as he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pwnstar posted:

Solaufein owns but I have no idea how he's lived as long as he has.

If we go by Weimer's mod: by being OP as heck

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Oh no a big group of vampires! What do I do?

Glad to see this in EE, I abused a couple magic items with Sunray so hard back in the early 2000s.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh my GOD, turning undead in IWD2 is so loving awesome. I just got to Kuldahar and allllll the undead are going *poof*.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Fighter/thief is probably the funniest combo

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So does Korgan just really not like you clearing out the Umar Hills questline? I was looking at his affect flags in Shadowkeeper right before he left, which was right after I finished the quest, and they seem to be tied to quest events. Or is it just that I needed to grab his second quest sooner, regardless of what I was currently up to?

Edit: They likely refer to the tomb in the graveyard, not the temple in the hills. I probably just didn't need to take all those dungeon naps. Ah, the life of a murderhobo is sometimes confusing.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 4, 2015

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh my GOD, turning undead in IWD2 is so loving awesome. I just got to Kuldahar and allllll the undead are going *poof*.

It's the same in BG2, as long as you have a single class cleric you can murder almost any undead. The exception is vampires and mummies because they tend to be a bit higher level, but even that isn't always the case.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
Here's a neat thing I've been wondering about: in IWD:EE (and maybe other versions as well) a shapeshifter doesn't turn back into human form when you dual-class into a fighter. Neither does he unequip any items that a fighter can use, either. I *think* shapeshift forms will benefit from an off-hand weapon, which is pretty neat-o.

If I wanted to, I could dual-class a level 13 shapeshifter with a +1 APR scimitar in offhand into a fighter, get dual-wielding & scimitar profs & have a pretty goddamn viable fighter type leveled-up real fast thanks to shapeshifts stats & fighter THAC0. -10 AC & 5 APR right out of the gate doesn't seem too terrible to deal with. Any non-obvious problems with this plan? Eg. dispel magic/resting/chapter change/a cutscene removing shapeshift bonuses or something stupid like that.

verybad fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 5, 2015

memento mori
May 4, 2008
For my party I have
PC - Kensai
Korgan
Dorn
Viconia
Hexxat
Neera

I'm thinking about switching Neera for Edwin cuz apparently he is the poo poo. But I kinda want to do Neera's side quests, the odds of me playing through this game another time are kinda slim so I wanted to a couple EE characters. But I can't help but think I'm gonna need Edwin's extra spells when things start to get real hard. Suggestions?

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Get rid of Korgan for Edwin if you want 2 mages. If you need a 2nd tank, give Viconia the belt that lets you set your CON to 18 once a day (for 8 hours?) and she can tank pretty well.

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 5, 2015

memento mori
May 4, 2008
2 mages sounds good. But Edwin won't join the party with Neera in it.

memento mori
May 4, 2008
Ditched Neera for Edwin, really want them extra spells.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I wouldn't do that personally. Neera's BG2 quest is REALLY good.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I told Neera to scoot (for one quest) but I have no idea where she went? Is she recruitable again?

E: BG2 that is

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ChiTownEddie posted:

I told Neera to scoot (for one quest) but I have no idea where she went? Is she recruitable again?

E: BG2 that is

You should be able to find her at the refugee camp. If you haven't discovered that yet, head off the NE corner of the Wild Forest (cross the bridge by using the lootable pebbles SE of it.)

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
I picked up the Baldur's Gate 2 EE since I never finished the first one and seem to have run into a bug. I have killed the boss in De'Arnise Keep and am able to move about the environment as normal. After completing the quest (speaking to Nalia, interacting with the Majordomo, transported back inside) I only have 5 of my party party members. Jaheira is nowhere to be found and I have to "gather my party before venturing forth" - I can't leave the Keep.

Is this a bug? Am I missing something obvious? I've edited my savegame a bit if that's an issue. Does anyone have a solution?

El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.
Finally committing to my first full playthrough of BG2. Rolled a Human Cavalier. My body is ready.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Decline posted:

I picked up the Baldur's Gate 2 EE since I never finished the first one and seem to have run into a bug. I have killed the boss in De'Arnise Keep and am able to move about the environment as normal. After completing the quest (speaking to Nalia, interacting with the Majordomo, transported back inside) I only have 5 of my party party members. Jaheira is nowhere to be found and I have to "gather my party before venturing forth" - I can't leave the Keep.

Is this a bug? Am I missing something obvious? I've edited my savegame a bit if that's an issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Is her portrait still visible and have you tried clicking it, or is it just gone?

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

a medical mystery posted:

Is her portrait still visible and have you tried clicking it, or is it just gone?

The portrait is visible and I can click on it. When I use the "select all" button it won't select her. I removed another party member and tried it, but she was still nowhere to be found. I could try removing her but I'm interested in the romance. She seems quite upset if you try to remove her.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Can you enable cheat keys and teleport her to the rest of the party with Ctrl-J?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Decline posted:

The portrait is visible and I can click on it. When I use the "select all" button it won't select her. I removed another party member and tried it, but she was still nowhere to be found. I could try removing her but I'm interested in the romance. She seems quite upset if you try to remove her.

I was thinking she could be in some room you left but if you clicked on the portrait and it didn't center on her it seems like a bug, yeah.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Decline posted:

It doesn't matter if you remove her, she just scampers off to the harper headquarters and you can pick her up later.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

a medical mystery posted:

I was thinking she could be in some room you left but if you clicked on the portrait and it didn't center on her it seems like a bug, yeah.

I just tried it again - it looks like I can view her character record but not actually select her. Everything worked perfectly when I removed her from the group before completing the quest.

Decline fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 5, 2015

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Decline posted:

I just tried it again - it looks like I can view her character record but not actually select her. Everything worked perfectly when I removed her from the group before completing the quest.

Is she paralyzed or something?

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

Disco Infiva posted:

Is she paralyzed or something?

No, she can move just fine. Exiting the keep, speaking with Nalia to complete the quest, and ending up back in the keep glitches her somehow. Removing her before I completed the quest worked fine.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
All these books and keys that I'm getting in PST, can I safely throw them away? I have the four Tomb Keys from right after finding the sphere; are those good to toss?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Capsaicin posted:

All these books and keys that I'm getting in PST, can I safely throw them away? I have the four Tomb Keys from right after finding the sphere; are those good to toss?

Maybe, but definitely hang on to the sphere.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Skwirl posted:

Maybe, but definitely hang on to the sphere.

Pharod took it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

Pharod took it.

Get it back.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Capsaicin posted:

Pharod took it.

You haven't seen the last of it.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
I'm having the same problem I mentioned on the previous page - this time on Anomen's quest. I speak to his father and all 6 party members are present. The game shifts me to his sister's burial location and Jaheira is no longer selectable and is gone (which means no Alt+J). Looks like I just can't have her in my party.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

In my Ironman BG1 game, I'm trying to pick up characters I don't usually play with. I'm also going for the no arcane caster achievement. I've got an elven fighter focusing on bows, Dorn with two handers, Kagain with axes and hammers. I'm at Cloakwood now and planning to swap out Imoen for Coran and Jaheira for Faldorn, but can't think who would be a good swap for Khalid, since Ajantis went all suicidal and attacked me for recruiting Dorn. I usually take Minsc or Kivan so would prefer to avoid them. Any suggestions?

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Viconia, make sure she gets the Ankheg Plate cause she's weak as poo poo. Shar-teel would also fit I think but I just can't stand her. Most other characters are saddled with someone else or want Kagain's gauntlets of dexterity.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Acaila posted:

In my Ironman BG1 game, I'm trying to pick up characters I don't usually play with. I'm also going for the no arcane caster achievement. I've got an elven fighter focusing on bows, Dorn with two handers, Kagain with axes and hammers. I'm at Cloakwood now and planning to swap out Imoen for Coran and Jaheira for Faldorn, but can't think who would be a good swap for Khalid, since Ajantis went all suicidal and attacked me for recruiting Dorn. I usually take Minsc or Kivan so would prefer to avoid them. Any suggestions?

Yeslick?

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

I had considered Viconia but discounted her for weakness. Spending so much gold resurrecting people rather than reloading gets really old! I might give Yeslick a trial since I'm at Cloakwood now. Never ever used him before :).

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I had never really considered it before, but wow. Coran makes a great mainline fighter in that Ankheg plate. His AC is already at -6 or so

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Coran is basically good at everything, he's one of those characters who is often as/more powerful than the PC.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you don't mind not playing to the exact specifications of the developers, its easy to give NPCs non-idiotic constitution/dexterity scores with Shadowkeeper. Not making them godlike or anything just making it so you don't look at their character sheet and cry.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
poo poo gently caress goddamnit. :(

I was in the brothel in PST and misclicked and missed a memory :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Decline posted:

Dunno if they changed this in EE , but removing Jaheira from your party (or stuff like her getting turned to stone) used to kill the romance. So double check your global variables.