Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
With all this talk of heal/stun setups, I just read a scary strategy that I'm going to have to try tonight.

Hellion, Hellion, Highwayman, Jester group. No stuns or heals. The idea is to not bring torches and get to low light for the crit buff. Use the jesters crit/speed buff and you wil go 1st on round 2. Use the triple aoes on your 3 guys to mow them down in 3 rounds or so. You can even do bosses because everyone spams a bleed. Camp early for the good buffs.

Sounds interesting to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
Play tactically against the 64 HP guy who uses an attack that hits all party members and stuns them, every round. He is accompanied by other enemies. He surprises you and full stuns the party.

He is a normal enemy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FreeKillB posted:

Out of trinket space?

Does anyone know what happens when your trinket box is full and you get one from finishing a quest? Does it give you a "discard" screen akin to being overburdened in a dungeon? Or does it automatically overwrite like it does with quirks?

As far as I can tell your trinket box expands, but I'd appreciate it if anyone else can verify.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Kyrosiris posted:

Because if he's in the front rank, he's ineffective, and some of his buddies don't have abilities that function outside of the first two ranks, so they can only pass as well. :v:

Are there buddies with him now? I thought he was alone.

But yeah, if you can keep him like that for the entire fight you barely take any damage, and your healing during battle is adequate and you don't need extra stalling to recover. Which is the point I was trying to argue against.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

the Plague Doctor needs some general work (better buffs, more abilities vs. Front rank enemies, maybe even a minor heal)

A small heal on Battlefield Medicine and making her bomb attacks deal a moderate amount of on-hit damage would put her squarely in the middle of the pack in terms of usefulness, I feel.

Fat Samurai posted:

But yeah, if you can keep him like that for the entire fight you barely take any damage, and your healing during battle is adequate and you don't need extra stalling to recover. Which is the point I was trying to argue against.

It might just be me, but shifting attacks seem wildly unreliable. Enemies resist the Occultist's pull something like half/a third of the time.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Fat Samurai posted:

Healing during the fight proper is worse because you take more hits (and crits) from multiple enemies. If no one is in immediate danger you're better off using Vesta for damage and stun and stall heal after.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
Sorry info kicked off a bitchfest about healing. I should have known better than to post just before going to bed. I'm going to go back to it tonight, maybe even start a new game, using the tips from the last few pages. Hell, I didn't even know there was a way to retreat mid combat!

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do I use the grave digger well

Start her in the back of the party; spam lunge(I think thats the name, you active it from the back and it moves her 3 spaces up). It does a ton of damage and has a high chance to crit, and it's drawback is moving her to the front of the party. So then you have other characters who jump in front of her after to move her back into lunge range. This is better accomplished using speed trinkets to try and ensure your guys move in the right order, or by using jesters.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've put a lot of hours into this since I came out, about 6 re-starts, still can't beat a single dungeon. Unless there's an entire mechanic I'm missing, every game goes the same way:

Buy 8 torches and 8 food and maybe a shovel, head out to the ruins. Uh oh a bunch of traps? Any way to avoid these? Game certainly doesn't say. Surprised!!! My guys are backwards and the enemy gets to go first. Critical hit, critical hit. By the time it's my turn (which I mostly spend re-ordering my people) I've got 2 people at deaths door and 2 at mental break. No way to really heal other than food giving a joke of 1hp or in-combat healing that requires abusing the system.

Ok, maybe I'm doing bad because my light level is low. Let's keep it at maximum all the time. This time I might get half way through the dungeon before there's a disaster, but it's always coming. That one encounter where the enemy gets a ton of crits and you are sent into a spiral of stress and death.

I've watched videos, read in-depth strategy guides. Can't even get past the first dungeon. I really want to like this game but wish it had a difficulty option or I could mod some of the dumber things out. I keep re-starting parties because even after 4-5 weeks of failed (but profitable) attempts, I'm left with a roster of max stress people and no real way to get rid of it. An extremely expensive trip to the bar or temple might reduce stress 60 or so, but every dungeon attempt leaves every participant at 100 stress. I consider it a good re-start if I can get through the tutorial at under 80 stress.

Reading online it seems people are mixed between finding the game really hard but playable, and those basically rage-quitting from the stress system and very RNG based combat results. I seem to be falling much more into the later category.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

paranoid randroid posted:

A small heal on Battlefield Medicine and making her bomb attacks deal a moderate amount of on-hit damage would put her squarely in the middle of the pack in terms of usefulness, I feel.

The game really needs another pinch-healer class, too, especially as the new classes get added.

quote:

It might just be me, but shifting attacks seem wildly unreliable. Enemies resist the Occultist's pull something like half/a third of the time.

Move resistance doesn't show on enemies, right? That might be a lot of the problem. When push/pulls work they're great. My Occultist runs push, heal, dagger, and mark hex (I run him with a Bounty Hunter).

Apple2o posted:

Start her in the back of the party; spam lunge(I think thats the name, you active it from the back and it moves her 3 spaces up). It does a ton of damage and has a high chance to crit, and it's drawback is moving her to the front of the party. So then you have other characters who jump in front of her after to move her back into lunge range. This is better accomplished using speed trinkets to try and ensure your guys move in the right order, or by using jesters.

I generally pair her with a highwayman and have them alternate shadow fade and point blank shot.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Huh, hadn't seen this quirk before. I wonder if there are other rare quirks out there.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I've put a lot of hours into this since I came out, about 6 re-starts, still can't beat a single dungeon. Unless there's an entire mechanic I'm missing, every game goes the same way:

You're doing something wrong, but it's hard to say what without actually watching you play. You could steam stream and have some goon watch you, or go the other way and watch some streamers/youtube vids of people who are doing well.

There's a big dose of RNG, and there are some gimpy imbalanced enemies, but in the entire time I've played I've had one full party wipe, and that was on a boss, and that was because I didn't know you could retreat even then.

edit: Quit restarting, and don't hesitate to lose a goober or two on a run, or even dismiss ones with bad enough traits and recruit new ones. Your adventurers are disposable chaff, treat them like fast food employees, the wagon will always bring you new ones.

Restarting is robbing you of useful and important town upgrades.

victrix fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 5, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Baronjutter posted:

Buy 8 torches and 8 food and maybe a shovel, head out to the ruins. Uh oh a bunch of traps? Any way to avoid these? Game certainly doesn't say. Surprised!!! My guys are backwards and the enemy gets to go first. Critical hit, critical hit. By the time it's my turn (which I mostly spend re-ordering my people) I've got 2 people at deaths door and 2 at mental break. No way to really heal other than food giving a joke of 1hp or in-combat healing that requires abusing the system.

Ok, maybe I'm doing bad because my light level is low. Let's keep it at maximum all the time. This time I might get half way through the dungeon before there's a disaster, but it's always coming. That one encounter where the enemy gets a ton of crits and you are sent into a spiral of stress and death.

I've watched videos, read in-depth strategy guides. Can't even get past the first dungeon. I really want to like this game but wish it had a difficulty option or I could mod some of the dumber things out. I keep re-starting parties because even after 4-5 weeks of failed (but profitable) attempts, I'm left with a roster of max stress people and no real way to get rid of it. An extremely expensive trip to the bar or temple might reduce stress 60 or so, but every dungeon attempt leaves every participant at 100 stress. I consider it a good re-start if I can get through the tutorial at under 80 stress.

Reading online it seems people are mixed between finding the game really hard but playable, and those basically rage-quitting from the stress system and very RNG based combat results. I seem to be falling much more into the later category.

Ok, hrm. The only in depth guide I know of is mine (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385431020) so i'm going to presume that's the one you've read. Since it didn't help you I really want to figure out how to help you so I can improve my guide.

To disarm traps: sometimes your Scouting will put a little marker on the map showing you an upcoming trap. When you get close, right (left?) click it and your guy will attempt to disarm it. Different character have different chances to disarm, you can see what that chance is on their character sheet. Higher is better.

What classes and abilities are you using mostly? I recently reworked the class section to give better info on specifically which skills I find most useful with each class, and I've added more info to the combat tips section, so maybe check those out again if you haven't recently.

Are you including a tank and healer in each party? Have you tried the stun/heal technique? (I see why some people consider it abusive but in moderation I view it as my adventurers making themselves feel better by beating the ever loving poo poo out of some poor helpless monster).

If you get guys at 100 stress and are hurting for cash, it can be a good idea to just fire them rather than rehabilitate them, then hire a new guy from the stagecoach. THat's not being exploitative; it's being appropriately cynical This ain't no sunshine and roses dungeon. Your goal in the first few months isn't to build up adventurers, it's to build your town.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 5, 2015

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

As far as I can tell your trinket box expands, but I'd appreciate it if anyone else can verify.

Definitely expands.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I have the feeling that lighter enemies (f.e. mages rather than ranged fighters) are easier to move, but that may be confirmation bias.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ok, hrm. The only in depth guide I know of is mine (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385431020) so i'm going to presume that's the one you've read. Since it didn't help you I really want to figure out how to help you so I can improve my guide.

To disarm traps: sometimes your Scouting will put a little marker on the map showing you an upcoming trap. When you get close, right (left?) click it and your guy will attempt to disarm it. Different character have different chances to disarm, you can see what that chance is on their character sheet. Higher is better.

What classes and abilities are you using mostly? I recently reworked the class section to give better info on specifically which skills I find most useful with each class, and I've added more info to the combat tips section, so maybe check those out again if you haven't recently.

Are you including a tank and healer in each party? Have you tried the stun/heal technique? (I see why some people consider it abusive but in moderation I view it as my adventurers making themselves feel better by beating the ever loving poo poo out of some poor helpless monster).

If you get guys at 100 stress and are hurting for cash, it can be a good idea to just fire them rather than rehabilitate them, then hire a new guy from the stagecoach. THat's not being exploitative; it's being appropriately cynical This ain't no sunshine and roses dungeon.

What is scouting? I think I saw it happen once but no idea how/why.
I'm mostly using the starting party. Knight guy, highwayman, healer lady, and uh someone else. I use who ever is willing to to go. Always one of those knight dudes and maybe the barbarian lady. The lady who throws blinding bombs is handy too, it's nice when you have someone able to stun.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Baronjutter posted:

What is scouting? I think I saw it happen once but no idea how/why.
I'm mostly using the starting party. Knight guy, highwayman, healer lady, and uh someone else. I use who ever is willing to to go. Always one of those knight dudes and maybe the barbarian lady. The lady who throws blinding bombs is handy too, it's nice when you have someone able to stun.

Scouting is random but is helped by quirks and high Torch; there's a random chance for it to happen each time you enter a new room. It fills in your map. With a little attention you can learn what the symbols mean and sometimes path around enemies, see upcoming traps, take routes that offer more loot, see where the boss is, etc .

There's *something* you're not doing but I'm not sure what it is. I suspect the main problem is just that you're always restarting. Get rid of your bad (too many negative quirks, afflicted, overstressed) recruits and replace with new ones. ONce you have your town built up a bit THEN worry about building up some advanced adventurers.

Your Knight has a Stun ability also, use it; that and the Highwayman's Open Vein will usually get you through the Tutorial with no problems. The Vestal can also get a stun ability (you may need to wait till the Guild Hall opens for that). With Knight, Vestal, and Plague Doc all stunning the enemy you can waltz through the early dungeons taking very minimal damage and stress damage.

Past that the combat tips section in my guide might be worth a re-read, I've updated it recently too.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 5, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Stuns almost always fail in my experience so I'm hesitant to use them. And healing might heal 1-3 hp but every turn the enemy is doing like 8-20 damage to me so it's a losing battle. Right now I don't have anyone in my roster than can stun, I guess I need to throw them away. When you fail a dungeon you get absolutely no experience right? That seems like a slightly odd system, no way to improve your characters enough to get past anything.

Your guide also mentions "getting" skills. I haven't found any way to upgrade or improve characters or change their skills.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 5, 2015

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Baronjutter posted:

Stuns almost always fail in my experience so I'm hesitant to use them. And healing might heal 1-3 hp but every turn the enemy is doing like 8-20 damage to me so it's a losing battle. Right now I don't have anyone in my roster than can stun, I guess I need to throw them away. When you fail a dungeon you get absolutely no experience right? That seems like a slightly odd system, no way to improve your characters enough to get past anything.

It's worth noting that for a beginning Vestal, the group heal is way better than the single target heal. The single target heal you'll be lucky to heal 5 damage off a single person, but the group heal you will fairly consistently heal 2 to each person, or 8 total damage. Those extra 3 points add up fast.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Baronjutter posted:

Monsters have different levels of stun resistance (you can see what via mouseover) so pick the targets with the lowest resistance. You can get runs of bad luck but over the long run it balances out.

You don't get experience but you do get to keep the loot if you have some survivors. Use the loot to boost your town. Don't think of yourself as leader of adventurers; think of yourself as mayor of the town. The adventurers are just hirelings.

Baronjutter posted:

Your guide also mentions "getting" skills. I haven't found any way to upgrade or improve characters or change their skills.

Yeah this is because you keep restarting. This is clearly something I need to emphasize not to do. Stick with it for a week or two more and a guild hall shows up that lets you get more skills for your dudes. I'd still emphasize building up your stagecoach first to get more dudes before you start investing all that much in any particular dude.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 5, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

If this thing stacks with itself you'll have someone with 97% deathblow resistance sitting around hitting for +30% damage and +10% crit. 107% if you give it to someone with unyielding. Seems pretty insane.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Broken Cog posted:

If this thing stacks with itself you'll have someone with 97% deathblow resistance sitting around hitting for +30% damage and +10% crit. 107% if you give it to someone with unyielding. Seems pretty insane.

I was thinking about that. It'd still be filling the whole party with stress. Still . . get eight of them, let your party go crazy as hell, none of them can die anyway, right? . . .

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, hadn't seen this quirk before. I wonder if there are other rare quirks out there.

Fated is nonsensically good on Hellions, since they're already pretty accurate. Combine it with +damage stuff and breakthrough and you can drop nasty amounts of damage on three enemies at once with relative impunity.

Also Hellions own and everyone should use them.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

That seems like a slightly odd system, no way to improve your characters enough to get past anything.

You're approaching this game with the wrong mindset, you don't need to improve your goons to beat dungeons. A stock party with no progress or gear can beat level 1 dungeons with the right mix of skills. Character progress and growth is a healthy side effect of learning to use good compositions and skills at the right time, it is not mandatory to progress.

You need to stop restarting, and you need to stop looking at this like a 'normal' rpg. Don't get attached to 'your party'. They are not your party. They are a group of terrible people who are only here to rob your estate of its wealth and piss it away with foul acts in a cheap brothel and then wash away the shame with self flagellation at the temple.

Your town is your progress, and losing dudes along the way is perfectly fine. Upgrade your Wagon, get more heroes, throw them at dungeons until something sticks.

Once you get a few non lovely heroes leveled, you can buy them weapons, armor, and ability upgrades, but even then, don't get attached to them.

Your growth and progress should be measured by the upgrades to your town, not by any specific heroes levels, abilities, or equipment.

They are disposable, treat them as such. Use failed runs to experiment with different party compositions and skills. If things don't work out, oh well, there's always another cart of fools next week.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
We are talking about trying to obtain 8 ancestrals. RNG or not, that would take a lot of luck.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So, what exactly does leveling do? I see some extra status resistance compared to new guys, but it seems that most of the benefits come from increasing skill ranks and equipment?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Fat Samurai posted:

So, what exactly does leveling do? I see some extra status resistance compared to new guys, but it seems that most of the benefits come from increasing skill ranks and equipment?

Yeah, as far as I can tell the main benefit of leveling up your guys is that they can then use higher level blacksmith and guildhall stuff, but the blacksmith and guildhall are relatively low priority upgradesMy first few level 3 heroes got benched for a long time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah, leveling is primarily a gate for improved weapons/skills, aside from the status resists.

e: Though before a recent patch, Deathblow resist also went up per level, so level 4+ characters had 107% DB resist :lol:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh yeah I stopped restarting a long time ago. I'm sitting on a ton of gold after doing the first mission like 8 times, but I can barely get 1/2 or 1/3 through it. Once I actually got through it but missed a single off-shoot room at the very start and starved a couple times on the way back. By the time I got to the room I missed I was out of torches and everyone was insane and near death :(

Every time I do a mission I'm making an ok profit, I just can't finish any of them, not even close. Since dudes don't actually get experience there's no downside to throwing them away. I'll just throw away my 100 stress level 0's. I don't know how to dismiss people so I was restarting once my "stable" was full of 100 stress level 0's.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
:laffo: at the dude posting pages on the negatives of stunhealing when it clearly works in practice

I'm sure the devs will correct it one way or another

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 5, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

DeathSandwich posted:

Edit: As far as the people complaining about playing optimally and bitching about characters potentially dying anyways: Think of the game like Classic difficulty XCom ironman. Your role is to minimize risk and try to get your guys through as safely as possible.
Their whole point is that sometimes cheesing vs. a single enemy can be the best way to do that.

I think they're overstating how useful that is but you're kinda missing the point if you're telling them that they should be trying to get their guys out safely as an argument against doing that.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Baronjutter posted:

Oh yeah I stopped restarting a long time ago. I'm sitting on a ton of gold after doing the first mission like 8 times, but I can barely get 1/2 or 1/3 through it. Once I actually got through it but missed a single off-shoot room at the very start and starved a couple times on the way back. By the time I got to the room I missed I was out of torches and everyone was insane and near death :(

Every time I do a mission I'm making an ok profit, I just can't finish any of them, not even close. Since dudes don't actually get experience there's no downside to throwing them away. I'll just throw away my 100 stress level 0's. I don't know how to dismiss people so I was restarting once my "stable" was full of 100 stress level 0's.

:ughh:

My guide has a picture of the little button you click to dismiss dudes. I guess that's one thing I need to make clearer.

Thanks for talking this through with me though this is really helping me understand what parts of the guide need more clarity.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 5, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jackard posted:

:laffo: at the dude theorizing the negatives of stunlocking when it clearly works in practice

I'm sure they'll correct it one way or another

If they take out stunlocking, they need to tweak the annoyance enemies - wretches, courtiers - to have way lower accuracy or something. I'm already disinclined to run warrens missions, just because I don't really want to work around having characters getting Syphilis, the Runs, Coughing, etc, because of one dickhead (who always goes first) spamming its one attack until killed.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

You're doing something wrong if you run out of 8 torches on a short dungeon. They only consist of 6-8 rooms and you only need to use one torch a hallway if that.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

If they take out stunlocking, they need to tweak the annoyance enemies - wretches, courtiers - to have way lower accuracy or something. I'm already disinclined to run warrens missions, just because I don't really want to work around having characters getting Syphilis, the Runs, Coughing, etc, because of one dickhead (who always goes first) spamming its one attack until killed.

My bad, that was a typo. Supposed to read 'stunhealing'

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Goddamnit. There was a decent post on the official forums about interactables, but it got nuked for some reason. Here's what I could salvage from cache:

code:
Curio Interaction:

ALL DUNGEONS:
Heirloom Chest – Skeleton Key – loot
Unlocked Strongbox – ?
THE RUINS:
Iron Maiden – Medicinal Herbs – loot
Altar of Light – Holy Water – gives a buff
Alchemy Table / Lab – Medicinal Herbs – loot
Alchemy Table / Lab – Torch – full light
Confession Booth – Holy Water – decreases stress by 30 – or – removes random negative quirk
Locked Display Case / Cabinet – Shovel (destroys some content) – loot
Locked Display Case / Cabinet – Skeleton Key – loot
Urn – Holy Water – loot
Stack of Books – Torch – increases stress to 100
Holy Fountain – ?
Sarcophagus – ? (?not Shovel or Holy Water)
Locked Sarcophagus – Skeleton Key – loot
Bookshelf / Bookcase – ? (not Torch and Holy Water)
THE WARRENS:
Eldritch Altar – Holy Water – decreases stress by 30
Edlritch Altar – Torch - buff
Makeshift Dining Table – Medicinal Herbs – loot and food
Dinner Cart – Medicinal Herbs – loot and food
Pile of Bones – Holy Water – loot
Moonshine Barrel – Medicinal Herbs – buff
Barbaric Wall – (Hellion Class) -buffs or negative quirks removed
Rack of Blades – Bandage – loot
Pile of Scrolls – Torch – positive quirk – OR – remove negative quirk – OR
– nothing
Rack of Blades – Bandage – loot
Occult Markings / Scribblings / Scrawlings – Holy Water – debuff
THE WEALD:
Shallow Grave – Shovel – loot
Left Luggage – Skeleton Key – loot
Beast Carcass – Medicinal Herbs – gives food – OR – gives food and loot
Eerie Spiderweb – Bandages – loot
Troubling Effigy – Holy Water – positive quirk
Old Tree – Antivenom – loot
Chirurgeon’s Satchel – ?
Mummified Remains – Bandage – loot
Pristine Fountain – Holy Water – decreases stress by 30
Ancient Coffin – ? (?not Shovel, Antivenom, Medicinal Herbs, Bandages, and Torc <br><br>

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Funnypost Collabo posted:

[*]You can now back out of obstacles

Thank goodness. I was just about to complain about this biting me in the rear end yesterday.

Apple2o posted:

Mission accomplished :kheldragar:

What a load of crap that stunlock is though.

:lol:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 5, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

If I remember right, drinking from the Holy Fountain also reduced stress.

Chirurgeons Satchel was a quest object that gives you Medicine

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 5, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Baronjutter posted:

I've put a lot of hours into this since I came out, about 6 re-starts, still can't beat a single dungeon. Unless there's an entire mechanic I'm missing, every game goes the same way

Dear god why??

Stop re-starting, that's your problem. You're meant to lose in this game sometimes. Lose and keep going. Try to withdraw before you completely fail.

I can understand restarting once if you really gently caress up, but its really not necessary in this game. But restarting more than once (because you just learned the rules) is a mistake.

Baronjutter posted:

Because you haven't upgraded your town, because you keep restarting. Your heroes are disposable; your town is consistent. Keep playing the same game and stop restarting and you'll actually grow your town and see some advancement through dungeons. You're at a massive disadvantage with a totally fresh town; you should be trading the lives of heroes for gold to upgrade it. Then once its upgraded you can upgrade your heroes and do better.

SuicideSnowman posted:

You're doing something wrong if you run out of 8 torches on a short dungeon. They only consist of 6-8 rooms and you only need to use one torch a hallway if that.

Yeah 8 torches is enough for a medium dungeon with a rest in the middle. More than enough for a small dungeon.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah something I like about this game is despite it's difficulty it seems like you never really need to restart. Sure you might get into some pretty dire circumstances but you'll -always- have new people to recruit, you'll never be locked out from recruiting them, and eventually as you upgrade more and more it should become easier going.