Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

enojy posted:

Aw poo poo. That DLC isn't coming out at midnight tonight, is it? I sort of need to be in bed at a reasonable hour...

Regy Rusty posted:

I was wrong about this last time because of stupid Thanksgiving, but this time I can say with 100% certainty that it will update around 12 PM EST tomorrow. There is no chance I will be wrong this time and look the fool.

You can trust me......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh boy, I can't wait to bomb even more Dodongos :neckbeard:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Koo-loo-limpah, motherfuckers

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

First off, each character you want such a weapon for needs a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+. You should also go ahead and get Rupees+ and EXP+ on there if possible because why not. Once you have a weapon like that, follow these steps:

1) Go to the Bazaar and make Weapon Slots III potion with a gold material.
2) Back out to the main menu so it saves that you made the potion.
3) Go to Adventure Map, square A-5 (that's top row, fifth from the left). It's the Triforce Quiz, correct answers are obviously Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link. Make absolutely sure you strike the killing blow while the incorrect character is on camera. The easiest way to do this is to get the correct character down real low on life, then lock onto the incorrect one and kill the correct one while they are in between you and the incorrect one. Remember, the Boomerang is your friend for stunning things.
4A) If you get either a weapon you're trying for or at least 2 gold materials, return to step 1.
4B) If you get neither of those things, hit Home and quit out of the game, then go back into the game and resume from step 3.

Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight. On a related note, is it possible to remove an unidentified skill? Legendary could be a real downer if you have to unlock it first.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Excels posted:

Koo-loo-limpah, motherfuckers

Does this mean it's out now for NA guys

Cause I want it now.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Does this mean it's out now for NA guys

Cause I want it now.

I think the update downloaded for me, but it doesn't seem to be live just yet.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yup, just downloaded mine. Gonna check it now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well, I got a download, and it installed something when I started the game...but no characters or Majora map.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Dang, no download or install for me yet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I think they rolled out the handful-of-kilobyte unlock key for the DLC, but not the actual patch itself. That would explain the tiny download with no changes in-game.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

jivjov posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2prn1v/i_went_crazy_and_made_an_interactive_map_for/

Here you go; downloadable interactive map utility. Covers all the current maps, guy says he'll update for Majora too

Ok how do I make this work?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok how do I make this work?

What do you mean? Works fine here, click on a square to open it, right click or press escape to close it.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

jivjov posted:

What do you mean? Works fine here, click on a square to open it, right click or press escape to close it.

No i mean I downloaded it and double click it and a dos/python window pops up disappears and thats it.

Edit: gently caress me I'm an idiot. I had no idea how the gently caress reddit links work and instead of clicking the title thing up top i tried to go into the text at the bottom and downloaded the source code. Christ that site isnt designed well.

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 5, 2015

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Dastardly posted:

Pretty sure you need to use a slot potion and a weapon with +slots to reliably get one and even then it's not guaranteed.

Turns out, posting in this thread is the real potion. First stage of the night dropped a 5 star 8 slot Solar Shackle and High Dominion Rod, and a 4 star 8 slot Great Sky Fairy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So how do you download patches and stuff to the wii-u again?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

First off, each character you want such a weapon for needs a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+. You should also go ahead and get Rupees+ and EXP+ on there if possible because why not. Once you have a weapon like that, follow these steps:

1) Go to the Bazaar and make Weapon Slots III potion with a gold material.
2) Back out to the main menu so it saves that you made the potion.
3) Go to Adventure Map, square A-5 (that's top row, fifth from the left). It's the Triforce Quiz, correct answers are obviously Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link. Make absolutely sure you strike the killing blow while the incorrect character is on camera. The easiest way to do this is to get the correct character down real low on life, then lock onto the incorrect one and kill the correct one while they are in between you and the incorrect one. Remember, the Boomerang is your friend for stunning things.
4A) If you get either a weapon you're trying for or at least 2 gold materials, return to step 1.
4B) If you get neither of those things, hit Home and quit out of the game, then go back into the game and resume from step 3.

So quit out at the level results screen or before that?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Uncle Wemus posted:

So quit out at the level results screen or before that?

After checking your weapon drops. Don't go any further than the materials screen.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010

Thanks! I used your instructions a little earlier and made some good progress. I then decided to try it on the divisive plan missions to gain some levels as well and that worked out okay too. I didn't quit to the main menu after those since I was getting my gold material back almost every time and golds are going to be easy to farm come tomorrow anyway.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

A Redditor put in some work on figuring out how Hyrule Warriors calculates damage and how various things affect the value: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ClsY5dUdlJQ5EYAXq8P_G9KJ3J7XCCRibIlf_zIjwSI/edit

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Does the weapon you are using effect what weapons are likely to drop? Or can i just do this as one character and eventually I'll have a weapon for everyone

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Uncle Wemus posted:

Does the weapon you are using effect what weapons are likely to drop? Or can i just do this as one character and eventually I'll have a weapon for everyone

You always get a guarenteed drop of whatever weapon you're using. All other weapon drops are entirely random, though they're skewed a bit by the difficulty of the map (harder maps usually drop better weapons and vice versa). And I'd say about half the maps require a specific character anyways, so you really can't get away without using almost everyone if you want to complete the maps. Excepting the DLC characters of course, you can totally ignore them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seriously though I thought we were supposed to get the stuff today. What the hell gives NoA?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Seriously though I thought we were supposed to get the stuff today. What the hell gives NoA?

If by "stuff" you mean the Majora's Mask DLC, the standard eShop update is in about half an hour (if I'm doing my time zone conversions right), so it should hit then.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

If by "stuff" you mean the Majora's Mask DLC, the standard eShop update is in about half an hour (if I'm doing my time zone conversions right), so it should hit then.

Hope so, frustrated we had to wait a week for it and it didn't come out at midnight. I just want to play the fun game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hope so, frustrated we had to wait a week for it and it didn't come out at midnight. I just want to play the fun game.

Just be glad you weren't me. I was absolutely convinced the DLC was hitting on the 3rd and was mocked mercilessly for it.

EDIT: What makes it worse is that I went back through my own post history; I had the dates right at one point.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 5, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Majora's Mask pack is showing up on the eShop, now to try to get it to trigger the download and update process..

EDIT: Alright, finisally recognized there was an update; its installing now!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 5, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for the heads up, gonna finally enjoy this map I hope!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thanks for the heads up, gonna finally enjoy this map I hope!!

Best avatar/post combo. Everything you say I imagine coming from the mouth of a hyper-cheerful puffball.

Also, holy poo poo this install is taking forever. Not sure if my wireless is making GBS threads the bed, the file is huge, the eShop is getting slammed, or some combination thereof.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

jivjov posted:

Best avatar/post combo. Everything you say I imagine coming from the mouth of a hyper-cheerful puffball.

I will assume the same for myself. :twisted:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Hey hey, the download is complete! Time to get some amiibo presents and buy badges for new characters!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Guess I should post here, since I also have a Kirby av, out of season though it is.

Looking forward to trying out Tingle and Young Link tonight.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, they weren't kidding about the load times getting worse after this patch...this is pretty gross.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

jivjov posted:

Man, they weren't kidding about the load times getting worse after this patch...this is pretty gross.

I noticed that too. What the hell did they do?

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
So I threw some badges at Young Link and took him into that rack up the KOs square on the master quest map that someone linked a video of... did you know that you can't die while in focus spirit? It'll just keep you there at a quarter of a heart, no matter how much damage you take. This also meant I A-ranked it, because I technically only took 3,999 damage.

:psyduck:

He's now level 25 and I'm gonna go try out some of the Termina map!

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Young Link is really fun to play. Can't wait to try him with SP Regen.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DLC hasn't even been out for two hours in the US before the game starts throwing level 200 Network Links at me. :argh: Also, the comically low Level 3. I don't think I've ever seen one in the single digits.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

BlueOccamy posted:

So I threw some badges at Young Link and took him into that rack up the KOs square on the master quest map that someone linked a video of... did you know that you can't die while in focus spirit? It'll just keep you there at a quarter of a heart, no matter how much damage you take. This also meant I A-ranked it, because I technically only took 3,999 damage.

:psyduck:

He's now level 25 and I'm gonna go try out some of the Termina map!

Should've used the new EXP Accelerator potion. My Young Link went from 1 to 38 or 39 in one playthrough of that level. After a playthrough of the Dark Fi Divisive Plan map and then another playthrough of that Rack Up KOs map, he's sitting at 57. Tingle's done two playthroughs of the Rack Up KOs map and is at level 51.

Unrelated, but I just got a Zelda Baton with two 4000 KO skills to unlock, neat.

Edit: You can't game the system with Skill Appraisal; the game autosaves as soon as you select the skill to appraise but before showing you what it is. Smart.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 5, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Being able to sell all these weapons I never touch at once was a nice way to get a million rupees. :aaaaa:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So the fact that I bought the Hero of Hyrule pack means the loading times are gonna get worse? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

More details on buffs to Ganondorf and Zant: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/71163389

quote:

G'dorf:

-C# do indeed fill C1 meter at about twice the speed.
-C1 is able to be dodge cancelled now. No meter is lost.
-C6 is MUCH safer to throw out now. There are two shockwaves that now appear as part of the attack that push enemies back slightly and stun them. C6 also hits harder now as well. It hits with more force than Wizzro's special (which is the hardest hitting special I know of).

Zant:

-C1 projectiles got buffed out the rear end. They do about twice the damage, and drop WPG in like two shots on hero mode Dinolfos. You can even use it on giant bosses for pretty good effect. Spin to win hits harder as well.
-C2 basically got buffed to the point that Zant lost his previous issues on giant bosses. A full meter of this took off EIGHT bars of King Dodongo's WPG. Follow up with a special lead to a WPS. Projectiles do more damage, too.
-C4 hits marginally harder.
-C5 got sooooo many buffs. Zant needed this so much. You can now guarantee this on officers from a combo out of C2, and even safely use it against character specific enemies. It applies a slow effect to guarantee the grab. It also hits harder and activates the darkness effect faster it seems. You can even dodge cancel it.
-C6 now hits a tad harder and fills your special meter about 1.5x as fast.
-Zant's special now hits harder as well. It hits as hard as G'dorf's special (which hits as hard as GF's moon, magical rod, and gauntlets).

I'm happy for Zant. Dude just wants to go crazy and have fun and now he's better at it.

• Locked thread