Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Endless Mike posted:

Calvin is a cane and some opiates away from playing a completely different House.

"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. Wilson, get me a saw."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Is Steve Kelley just going to go for Pastis-style contrived puns now? Can one of the characters threaten to beat him with a baseball bat in the final panel?
It's not even true. Gold's Gym in its current form wouldn't exist without a large number of clients paying fairly low fees to never show up.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Poptropica

Heathcliff

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set ties into yesterday's discussion about customer surveys.

Working Daze rips off a Far Side joke.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/5/2004

So Brooke's Jewish today?

No, see, you have to apply BrookeThink. "Snowball's chance in hell" is a tired old cliche. But if you change it to "snowball's chance in Gehenna" it becomes fresh, original, and witty.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 8, 1927)

Peanuts (February 8, 1968)

The Adventures of Mason Jarr In Downertown

Popeye

Rip Haywire does something unexpected!

Out Our Way (July 30-31, 1926)

Cowboy romance. It's the purest strain of love there is. No wait, not love, what's that other thing that falls off the backside of a horse? Don't tell me, I'll think of it eventually...

e: because I'm not about to leave Ces Marciuliano's latest update to someone else.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 5, 2015

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Julet Esqu posted:

Motherfucker

I was going to ask what kind of gentleman Guther feels is right for his mother, but actually the answer to that one is kind of obvious.

Watch this Mr. Gray guy turn out to be a serial killer or domestic abuser or something so Gunther's suspicions turn out completely justified instead of making him look like an irrational, whiny momma's boy.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

sweetguts posted:

Watch this Mr. Gray guy turn out to be a serial killer or domestic abuser or something so Gunther's suspicions turn out completely justified instead of making him look like an irrational, whiny momma's boy.

It would be the most interesting thing to happen in this strip.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

It'd be a bit funnier if Mr. Gray was a perfectly ordinary, nice fellow and they still tried to play it like Gunther was the hero... but that just sounds like Luann SOP.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Shoutout to the late great Patrick Swayze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZxIAN6don4

Dog Tosser Comix.

Pooch Café

It's nice that they gave the barknado a happy ending after forgetting about it for the better part of a week.

Ballard Street

Fair play to Gordon, I wish I was confident enough to rock the traja de charro. Pretty sure the outfit is the only reason people become mariachis.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Elysiume posted:

Pastis is a one trick pony, but at least his puns are amusing. This is a loving travesty.

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
I'm guessing Mr. Gray will turn out to be gay and Gunther flew back from Peru in a hissy fit for nothing.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

That third panel is one of the most expressive non-derp faces that modern Mandrake has produced and it's perfect.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker

Sounds like Bleeker has a pretty serious hardware failure and would cost too much to fix. What a great excuse for an upgrade to vivisect another stray dog and fill it with computer parts!

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Is there something wrong with the Mr Owl puzzle? 12-21 and 89-98 are reverses so it makes sense to put them at corners of each other, at which point you try entering the other integers containing 1s and 9s, namely 13-81-39-97 and realize that there's no way to enter them: 13-81-39 sharing BOTH 1s and 3s puts them at odds anyway you place them.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

[Intelligent Life

I can't believe the creator of this comic is unironically smug about this.

quote:

Retail[/b]

:lol: Marla only acts like a psycho six year old when an employee she personally doesn't like dares to quit. Otherwise she'll let you get away with all the crimes and felony theft you want if she likes you, and probably even give you a promotion with a fat raise.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 5, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This wasnt exactly how I expected Val to court his future wife. :stare:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County and a horrific transformation.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Looks like the LSD Enema just kicked in.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Looks like the LSD Enema just kicked in.

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS, PHONE!!!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

I love Mandrake's thought process. "I need to talk to Narda about marriage. What's the best method for tackling this important type of conversation? I know, a phone call!" NEXT: TELEPHONE RINGS.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Slammy posted:

The Dumbunnies 6/2/28

Such casual talk of divorce right here on the funnies page! Just goes to show how depraved this generation is. Why, back in my day, we knew that marriage was hard and if you wanted to make it last you had to put some work into it! And you had to make it work because divorce just wasn't done! Our culture is going right down the tubes, I tell you!

--Some guy from, I don't know, 1875 or something.

The robot in the second panel clenching its little metal fists in rage is maybe the first thing from Scott Adams I've seen in years that I've liked. Not saying it sent me over the moon, mind you.

Neige posted:

Is there something wrong with the Mr Owl puzzle? 12-21 and 89-98 are reverses so it makes sense to put them at corners of each other, at which point you try entering the other integers containing 1s and 9s, namely 13-81-39-97 and realize that there's no way to enter them: 13-81-39 sharing BOTH 1s and 3s puts them at odds anyway you place them.

Well, just wait for tomorrow's paper and you can get the answ-- ooooh. Sorry, buddy.

Luann

Gunther, you stupid gently caress.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Neige posted:

You're doing it wrong. :shrug: There's actually three sets of "the same two numerals reversed" (you missed 47-74) and corners are not the place to start.

More of a hint: You need to start by making sure for each numeral that appears 4 times, each one has its own row + column. I started by putting the four with 1's in a diagonal line.

One of (very many) solutions, for example: http://i.imgur.com/OaH0zrY.jpg

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Gunther, you stupid gently caress.
Oh, well. Gunther is such a lady's man he'll pick up a new girl effortlessly and forget all about Rosa. Being Luann, this will actually happen too.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Fair play to Gordon, I wish I was confident enough to rock the traja de charro. Pretty sure the outfit is the only reason people become mariachis.

And the guns.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Slammy posted:

Take that Sudoku! (6/2/28)

˙ǝloɥssɐ uɐ s,ǝɥ :ǝʌıʇoɯ ˙pǝssǝɟuoɔ lʍo ˙ʇsǝnƃ lǝʇoɥ ʎuɐ oʇ uʍouʞ ʇou pɹoʍssɐd uʍo s,lǝʇoɥ ǝɥʇ ƃuısn punoɟ ǝq ʎluo plnoɔ uoıʇnlos ǝɥʇ ˙ƃuıʎl sı lʍo ˙ɹɯ :uoıʇnlos

Dumbunnies (Feb 1-4, 1928)

Proto-Pluggers (Feb 3, 1928)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Moth posted:

Oh, well. Gunther is such a lady's man he'll pick up a new girl effortlessly and forget all about Rosa. Being Luann, this will actually happen too.

Well, now he's had a girlfriend and been to Peru so he has confidence. He hasn't demonstrated any confidence and he's still incredibly obnoxious, but he's had experiences that one might reasonably expect to have given him some new perspective and self-assurance so Evans will pretend that he's changed because that's way easier than actually changing him.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Well, now he's had a girlfriend and been to Peru so he has confidence. He hasn't demonstrated any confidence and he's still incredibly obnoxious, but he's had experiences that one might reasonably expect to have given him some new perspective and self-assurance so Evans will pretend that he's changed because that's way easier than actually changing him.

Whaddya mean, of course he's changed! Look at all that manly stubble!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (February 6-7, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (March 23, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Frog Applause

Waste of what might have been a good recipe.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

"Does this smell like paint thinner to you?"

Bleeker

I was going to make a topical anti-vaccination joke but it seemed tacky.

On the Fastrack

What 1960s era TV would be described as meaningful content?

Safe Havens

What about that computer bra? Are you going to sync that too? I mean, I don't want to know...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
Such a brilliant sense for how real people talk, especially in panel 1 there.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Right, it's official, Mandrake is the best strip in the thread. poo poo, is anything else even trying?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert