Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Hylissang did make some really good plays as well though. That was such a ballsy call rushing mid, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
UoL :allears:

That's what I want to see: a team going 'gently caress it', base racing the enemy, getting wiped for an inhib and then winning off the back of it. That's the League I want.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Reignover looked like he was having a Nein moment there after that loss. Poor guy :(

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
UoL are loving boss

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

Was not expecting that after the first 20 minutes of this game. Fuckin love UoL.

Yeah, that early game went about as bad for UoL as possible.

Now let's see Elements manage to follow this up with a 60+ minute game with less then 10 kills total

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

It was mentioned in the thread earlier but the TSM Legends show premiered last night. Its being made by Leena (Regi's GF & team manager) and pretty good. Its really awesome that TSM can afford to produce a show that basically equals or betters the quality from gamecribs or chasing the cup.

I wish C9, Team Liquid, & CLG would also have a show. Curse had one at the end of last season I wonder if they will make a new one for this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syy-k6E4k_8

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The best part of LCS is when it plays 5 ads for Seventh Son in a row.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Get adblock, i haven't seen an ad from twitch in a long time.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
You know, if LoL really wants to expand the appeal of esports more in the mainstream they need to get some gambling sites set up so I can make money taking the over on how long an Elements' game will last.

Edit: Haha, even the pick/ban phase is being stretched out.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase don't suck today, Wickd.

Also western Rengars have been... interesting. Time to flip a coin and see how Shook'll do.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

How lovely does your client have to be that it can't even do a pick/ban phase without loving up and needing a remake?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Schiavona posted:

How lovely does your client have to be that it can't even do a pick/ban phase without loving up and needing a remake?

Was that a client issue or user error

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I think it was the latter

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Corki is such a boring shitfuck of a champion. :(

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Xerath would be a great pick here.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is there an advantage to using Ice Toboggan Corki like there was/is on King Tryndamere, or is it that (I think?) players weren't allowed to use limited skins before and so they're going hog wild now? It seems like Ice Toboggan is getting a lot more play than others.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

henkman posted:

I think it was the latter

Fairly certain it was client. The casters mentioned that it kept counting down for Elements even after they had locked in their picks, then MYM suddenly appeared to lock in Viktor/Katarina, as if they had run out of time and the client had randomly selected them champions.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Schiavona posted:

Is there an advantage to using Ice Toboggan Corki like there was/is on King Tryndamere, or is it that (I think?) players weren't allowed to use limited skins before and so they're going hog wild now? It seems like Ice Toboggan is getting a lot more play than others.

They are restricted to using certain skins, while some other skins are banned. I don't know if Ice Toboggan Corki is picked for any reason besides personal preference, though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Shockingly, I actually like wickd's itemization in this game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
MYM is so bad.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Good inhibitor there.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

MYM is so bad.

Elements getting a lot of praise from Quickshot, but I wonder how much of it is just because MYM suck.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Khaba posted:

Elements getting a lot of praise from Quickshot, but I wonder how much of it is just because MYM suck.

95%?

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I'm going to go out there and say that I think that Wickd actually had a really good game. Again, might be the whole MYM sucking thing, but meh.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
When you're getting called out for being a passive team even by EU LCS standards that should be a sign you need to change something up, Roccat.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!
That blind pick Xerath working as expected.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

hwordhan posted:

That blind pick Xerath working as expected.

"Well, Faker does it..."

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I am going to be super mad if Riot randomly decides to nerf on-hit Fizz out of existence just because it 'doesn't fit their vision of the champion' or some bullshit. :colbert:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Woolite dodges holy poo poo

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

ungulateman posted:

I am going to be super mad if Riot randomly decides to nerf on-hit Fizz out of existence just because it 'doesn't fit their vision of the champion' or some bullshit. :colbert:

I know it hasn't been big competitively, but it was a thing in season 4 as well (especially in the jungle), I don't think it'll get nerfed.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
All the reasons I don't like playing Leona are on full display today. Just because she's a great match-up vs. Annie doesn't necessarily make it worth her downsides. And she's basically useless if your team is behind because she can't safely engage on anything.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Is Relic Shield item line on Annie something pros do?

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Was only listening to caster audio for the last game, doesn't sound like I missed much.

Yes, analyst desk. Youngbuck isn't bad. He's just worse than anybody else. A valuable insight :xd:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
In comparison to Gold league solo queue players he is actually really loving good.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Aumanor posted:

Is Relic Shield item line on Annie something pros do?

Never seen shield on her, usually they either go Frost Queen for AP/damage/disengage or Talisman (with mobis) so they engage super hard by running in and landing a Tibbers stun.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Roccat said in the post game interview that their coach didn't like their item choices. I didn't either. I guess they worked, but other things on their Jungle/Support probably would have been better.

Gambit's composition is pretty cool because they had 3 things they could have flexed around and played in wildly different ways, but I really hope they don't lose another game badly.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Diamond doing things :getin:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Is it me imagining things, or is NiQ really terrible?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Aumanor posted:

Is it me imagining things, or is NiQ really terrible?

This split definitely. Last split he seemed like the best player on Gambit and he was one of the very top players on the challenger ladder on EU West. No idea what has happened lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Diamond is the only player I've seen make use of the Red/Skirmisher Jungle line. Seems to be his go-to choice on manaless junglers.

• Locked thread