Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Bad Moon posted:

:unsmigghh:

Edit: just to be clear did Wildcat die?

He killed himself in shame when he saw Laurel fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Klungar posted:

Somewhat off-topic, but my wife and I are heading to Walla Walla, Washington at the end of April for one of Stephen Amell's winery parties. Has anyone else here been to one? Anyone from the Pacific Northwest have any suggestions on things to do in the area?

Walla walla is kind of dingy, so definitely look into the surrounding area for cool poo poo.

Like, what's a good radius, in miles, out from Walla that you'd be willing to drive.

Also what kind of things are you looking for? There's a lot of outdoorsy poo poo out here, but I'd need more to go on beyond that.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Error 404 posted:

Walla walla is kind of dingy, so definitely look into the surrounding area for cool poo poo.

Like, what's a good radius, in miles, out from Walla that you'd be willing to drive.

Also what kind of things are you looking for? There's a lot of outdoorsy poo poo out here, but I'd need more to go on beyond that.

Having never been to the PNW before, I'm down with renting a car/taking a train to Seattle/Portland and seeing what is out there. My wife has never been west of the Mississippi so everything would be new to her. She loves mountains so outdoorsy poo poo would be good, we're both big craft beer lovers so I know there is a lot of stuff out there for that too (though we may be pregnant so I'm reluctant to plan too much around that). I've always wanted to go to Redmond for NoA, but otherwise I really don't know too much about the area.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Oracle posted:

I'm going to assume unreliable narrator in this instance. Just because they told Oliver that Tatsu used some stupid tea to bring him back doesn't mean that's the case, it just means Maseo doesn't want to get even more in trouble than he already is with the LOA for helping Oliver and letting Oliver think Tatsu has some kind of magic herbal tea instead of there being a pit that brings people back from the dead is a lot safer for all three of them than the truth. Oliver was unconscious/dead the whole time so he doesn't know anything other than what they told him.

I mean, Maseo does have a history of not telling Oliver poo poo like that, as shown in last episode where he was willing to exchange what he thought was the real vial for his wife.

I am hoping this is the case, but it will require some confirmation at some point.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

He killed himself in shame when he saw Laurel fight.

:smithicide:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

AshB posted:

I felt like Felicity was laying on the melodrama a little too thick. Merlyn is a lovely guy, but I didn't see her coming up with any better ideas to stop an impossibly powerful murder with immense resources including an army of trained killers, no mercy, a proven capacity to murder innocents, and a clear motivation against our lead hero.

Wasn't that literally the plot of season 2?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I feel like if in the next episode Laurel defeats whatever her vertigo nightmare is she'll suddenly be a very competent fighter who's overcome her fears. And that's fine with me, I just hope we have a scene with Ted Grant in the hospital so we know whether he's alive or dead.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
We'll never get closure on Schroedinger's Wildcat.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm hating Laurels mask. Black your eyes out like everyone else. Jesusfuck.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

I'm hating Laurels mask. Black your eyes out like everyone else. Jesusfuck.

Except literally everyone else is using a mask.

Or am I missing :thejoke:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Scyantific posted:

Except literally everyone else is using a mask.

Or am I missing :thejoke:

They also black out their eyes:

Even Sara did, only Laurel doesn't. Which is fine with me, it's another element of "has no idea what is doing, just trying to copy others, poorly".

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Roy doesn't wear lipstick, I think he should start. Get with the program Roy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Less eye bags, more fun bags.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Laurel's all about that bass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blacking out the eyes is dumb because it always disappears when they take the mask off.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Laurel just always plans ahead that she's probably going to be punched in the face so she doesn't really need to waste the makeup.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If she wants to wear a mask, it's comes with certain responsibilities.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Now that I look at it, is Laurel actually wearing a mask that doesn't fit her (as if it were Sara's, even though it doesn't look like the exact same prop), and it doesn't perfectly contour to her face, and the bridge of her nose, like the other characters' custom masks do? That's a neat little detail if so. And makes me think she'll get her own mask eventually.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nah it's different. But it doesn't fit her very well. Roy's looks like it grew with his face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We saw the pictures of them fitting her, so it's meant to be that way.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Aphrodite posted:

We saw the pictures of them fitting her, so it's meant to be that way.

They could have been fitting her for a different mask, later.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Merlyn is a republican.

I unironically want "fighting for social justice and political reform" to be the next major story arc for this show, the current one is just kind of... eh.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I get irrationally annoyed every time I see a dumb, overly saturated tumblr gif. How the hell did that become A Thing?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
We have the synopsis for february 23 episode

Even the name is spoiler "Nanda Parbat" :flashfap:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All that parkour was nessessary :colbert:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
If only Ted or Laurel knew parkour.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Merlyn is a republican.

And kinda left-leaning by those standards!

I will say, the thing I really bought was Merlyn's pleading with Ollie to let him kill Brick, trying to convince himself that it'd be different because this was the right guy, that it only didn't make the pain stop the first time because he killed the wrong man. Good work by Barrowman.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Moon posted:

All that parkour was nessessary :colbert:

Parkour isn't about flipping, Roy's a Freerunner. :colbert:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Check those images. There seem to be two canaries running around

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Check those images. There seem to be two canaries running around

This has been covered in a preview for the episode. It's a Vertigo-induced hallucination from Laurel.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
preview stuff...
Roy in costume, mask off, talking to Thea and Ollie!!! It might be time....

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

preview stuff...
Roy in costume, mask off, talking to Thea and Ollie!!! It might be time....

There's a Canadian trailer that makes that very clear. In fact, it focuses on a completely different plot thread than the US one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Am I the only person who likes Laurel as Canary II? She's just trying so hard out there and it's finally starting to work :3:

Although I know they're trying to mimic the comics with her using fighting more than anything else, but Jesus Christ, woman, you have the Canary Cry for a reason. Use the sonic thingies to even the playing field! :psyduck:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Am I the only person who likes Laurel as Canary II? She's just trying so hard out there and it's finally starting to work :3:

Although I know they're trying to mimic the comics with her using fighting more than anything else, but Jesus Christ, woman, you have the Canary Cry for a reason. Use the sonic thingies to even the playing field! :psyduck:

Nah, I like her too, she's starting to show some real progress. Just her determination has been useful last couple weeks, and she's actually gotten up to the point where, if not, great, she can at least be helpful.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Chokes McGee posted:

I like Laurel as the new Canary, mostly because Katie Cassidy is a way better actress than Caity Lotz and she deserves more of the action stuff to be part of her thing. Her arc this season has been really good but unfortunately that won't appease everyone

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Her arc has been fine, much of the dialogue has been cringeworthy though. It's been two and a half seasons and I still don't think they've managed to write Laurel like a real human person saying human words yet.

But yes I like her as Canary. It's coming across as the least halfassed ongoing plot this year.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't like her as Canary for one reason only.
For as long as i can remember Black Canary as been a , Batman, Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, Cassandra Cain, Dick Grayson etc. Level 9 rear end kicker.

I just can't see it. Maybe she'll come good when they get some wins under her belt. But it's really the only thing that irks me. I'm building the required bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

JohnSherman posted:

Merlyn killed 500 innocent people. I hate that the show pretends that this is the moral equivalent of cheating on your spouse.

They were poor people so it's more like 300.

• Locked thread