Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

This album is gonna be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

This video is so loving :3:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

echronorian posted:

I didn't think I could dislike the French more, but I stand corrected

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

are you guys for real? that was the cheesiest video ever and the song is weak.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i hate watching music videos in general but yeah that song was pretty weak i thought.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Just cause it wasn't what you wanted doesn't mean it is weak. It is a very sweet song for his child, take it or leave it.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The song is really really good. The video is cute though kind of... low-effort.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I had my only kid so far the same time as Kanye, so I may be a little biased. But I think the song is amazing and the video made me tear up. Very excited to see how this album shapes up. I love all of his music, but the album that I most often find myself re listening to is 808s. I can't wait to see if this new album has an 808 vibe but massively happy or at peace. Can't wait.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Bass Bottles posted:

The song is really really good. The video is cute though kind of... low-effort.

are you fuckin kidding me fam? i ran down that road in Évreux 18 times.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

Just cause it wasn't what you wanted doesn't mean it is weak. It is a very sweet song for his child, take it or leave it.

Ah gotcha well I'm gonna leave it if that's ok with you boss.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Content, peaceful Kanye is about the last thing in the world I want. Call me when he and Kim divorce and go through some horrible custody battle, I guess.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wasn't he with Kim when he recorded/released Yeezus, though? They weren't married but they were dating for sure. And Yeezus is some of the best poo poo he's ever done. I'm hoping Only One doesn't even make it on his next album, or if it does, I hope it's not indicative of the tone/quality of the album as a whole.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Only One is excellent.

FourFiveSeconds is bad.

Mixed bag so far, hopefully the album turns out well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hughesta posted:

Only One is excellent.

FourFiveSeconds is bad.

Mixed bag so far, hopefully the album turns out well.
I thought Only One was bad and FourFiveSeconds was good v:shobon:v

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I thought Only One was bad and FourFiveSeconds was good v:shobon:v
I like FourFiveSeconds more each time I hear it, maybe I just to listen to it more.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Further away from yeezus the better. Pop ye is so much better.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Anaranjado posted:

Further away from yeezus the better. Pop ye is so much better.

I love Yeezus and still want the new album to sound nothing like it. I like that Kanye always does the opposite of what he did last.

Only One I instantly liked, FourFiveSeconds is cool but takes a few listens to enjoy more, I think they will both be on the album and they are good.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
FourFiveSeconds is good poo poo. This, I can not deny.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm actually really really excited for this album. It's the anti yeezus, but I've liked both songs released a lot so far.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

I really like DJ Mustard's version of FourFiveSeconds

https://soundcloud.com/dj-mustard-1/rihanna-ft-kanye-west-paul-mccartney-fourfiveseconds-dj-mustard-remix

(I also highly enjoy the original)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDzZDo3sZQ

New version of Kanye's All Day.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

It sounds the same as the one that went up a month or two ago, am I missing something

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
yeah that's been out for months now and idk if it's even totally legit

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

echronorian posted:

It sounds the same as the one that went up a month or two ago, am I missing something

It's a bit different, also random travis scott verse

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I have a feeling this album is gonna be wack.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Not An Irish Monk posted:

yeah that's been out for months now and idk if it's even totally legit

Same. I'm excited to see if its really on the album or not. I mean, if its a leaked track why the low quality fidelity? That's kind of like taking a blurry picture of bigfoot and often a giveaway that something isn't legitimate. I don't think the flow really sounds like Ye either...but its hard to say either way. I kind of want it to be real because I like the style.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
It's not real. People keep making remixes of that lovely leak of the song and claiming it's the real deal. I'm not even sure if it'll make the album at this point.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I have a feeling this album is gonna be wack.

I haven't liked anything we've heard of it so far, personally. But most others here seem to be enjoying it. Just not my cup of tea, but more power to Kanye for doing something new and different even if it's not something I'll be listening to as much as his last few albums. Hopefully it'll be like Watch The Throne where it'll have at least a couple tracks I like.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Kanye posted a countdown on his Twitter to https://www.yeezy.supply . It's counting down to about 6 days from now.

Here's my hopes and dreams theory:

Kim Kardashian posted her 'break the internet' spread a month or two ago. Recently, she posted full nude again in a magazine. My theory is that Kanye and Kim are going to make a theatrically-released sex tape, and his new album is going to be the soundtrack.

It's going to be the Purple Rain of our generation, and it will be a masterpiece.

Edit: Rumors are saying its a collab with Adidas, not a new album. I choose to believe my theory :colbert:

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 6, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if anyone's really jonesin' for a ye verse he's got one at the end of this pretty good Big Sean song

https://soundcloud.com/evrydy/big-sean-blessings-feat-drake

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
kanye is so happy these days he is giving random rear end dudes a chance to spit and then offering them jobs and whatnot -

http://2dopeboyz.com/2015/02/08/struggle-rapper-freestyles-for-kanye-west

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I loving love Kanye.

https://vine.co/v/OUvaiZrdLxA

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Except then he turned out to be serious later and did an interview saying Beck wasn't respecting Beyonce's artistry by not giving the award. Typical 'Ye.

(Beyonce's S/T actually is a better record than Morning Phase though).

The live performance of FourFiveSeconds is pretty cool.

It's fun seeing Taylor and Kanye getting along.

Beck looks loving old now.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I can't believe Beck got a loving anything for that album and I'm a fan

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Beck winning album the year is loving weird to me. Like in 2015 a Beck album won AotY lol

I'm a fan of Beck also but like lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Dang beck is only 44? He looked like a skeleton last night. So morning phase isnt that great? I was gonna give it a listen today because i generally like beck but i honesty had no idea he was still makin records :shrug: thanks grammy's!!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol beck:

quote:

"I was just so excited he was coming up. He deserves to be on stage as much as anybody," Beck told Us Weekly. "How many great records has he put out in the last five years, right?” Asked about West's comments that Beyoncé should have won, Beck replied, “Absolutely,” adding, "I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyoncé!”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The live performance of FourFiveSeconds is pretty cool.
Aww poo poo, I'm assuming this happened after I turned off the Grammys to watch Walking Dead?

I was real let down when he got up there solo and did Only One.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I thought both performances were great, but FourFiveSeconds was probably the highlight of the night (excluding Annie Lennox who was amazing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Didn't really care for Only One but Fourfiveseconds was loving amazing. Rihanna sang better live than I thought she could and loving Paul and Ye wrote this lovely little tune.

• Locked thread