Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I just tried Club Nintendo for the first time since all the new rewards went up. Absolutely no problems. Picked up W101, NSMB2, and Kid Icarus Myths and Monsters, still have 540 coins left, not counting whatever I get from the games I just downloaded, if those count.

I filled out a survey for Super Mario Land and told them it was like if Gunpei Yokoi sent a telegram with the barest bones explanation of what Mario was to Ukraine in the late 80s and a couple months later they sent him the finished kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

e: yeah this owns

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 5, 2015

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

greatn posted:

I filled out a survey for Super Mario Land and told them it was like if Gunpei Yokoi sent a telegram with the barest bones explanation of what Mario was to Ukraine in the late 80s and a couple months later they sent him the finished kart.

This is beautiful.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Beanzor posted:

This is beautiful.

Mario jumps on turtle, then turtle is very dangerous! It explode, yes?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mario kart 8 is really fun. How is the music to a racing game this good

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
When I did the post play survey for Liberation Maiden I wrote extensively about the impressive use of the 3DS to portray the intro's many close ups of an anime rear end in vinyl. Two months later Beyonetta 1/2 are announced for the Wii U with tablet controls.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Should we hold off on spending coins for games until the platinum/gold rewards are announced? Thinking of picking up W101 but there are so few Wii U games I don't own that if they do a game giveaway again I'm worried I'll have no good options.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It won't change anything since the plat/gold rewards are free and these are the final rewards.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I assume that if something is a coin reward now, it won't also be a plat/gold reward later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Adam Bowen posted:

Should we hold off on spending coins for games until the platinum/gold rewards are announced? Thinking of picking up W101 but there are so few Wii U games I don't own that if they do a game giveaway again I'm worried I'll have no good options.

There's that but if you get W101 you'll earn more coins for it, but you can't earn any more after this month. I think I now own literally every retail first party game on WiiU except Sonic and Mario Olympics(Wario through Platinum last year, WiiU Party as the free game with MK8 cause I already had the others on offer, and W101 through this just now). So I'm hoping one of the platinum rewards is either Tomodachi Life, Mario Golf 3DS, or Fantasy Life. So I guess my advice is buy a New 3DS XL. But not a New Old 3DS XL.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ah, Metriod Prime chat gettin me nostalgic. Had an absolutely brilliant time playing 1 and 2. Though I gotta say, after 2 I think I became burnt out on the whole "parallel world" mechanic that a lot of games seem to use. I found this particularly annoying as I played Zelda Oracle of Ages on the 3DS VC recently. A sprawling world map doesn't work especially well in a portable game (well, at least with the slow, fractured pace I tend to play at)... and now I gotta keep track of TWO? Oh well.

And I keep forgetting that, as much as I love Prime, I still have part 3 for Wii sitting on my shelf... like, there's still 1/3 of the Prime universe that can be completely new to me! Wow, I gotta get on that soon :rock:

noirstronaut posted:

It won't change anything since the plat/gold rewards are free and these are the final rewards.
Well if the Platinum Rewards ended up being, say, Wii Party U/Wonderful 101/Starfox 3D, you wouldn't want to redeem those now and be stuck choosing from lesser gold rewards. It's a legit concern, especially when all the prizes last year were digital games.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 5, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know if it was mentioned but apparently there's a new Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow that's wholly dedicated to Xenoblade X.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I assume that if something is a coin reward now, it won't also be a plat/gold reward later.

i would not make that bet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rexroom posted:

I don't know if it was mentioned but apparently there's a new Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow that's wholly dedicated to Xenoblade X.

I haven't gone from excited to just somewhat interested so quickly reading this.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

greatn posted:

There's that but if you get W101 you'll earn more coins for it, but you can't earn any more after this month. I think I now own literally every retail first party game on WiiU except Sonic and Mario Olympics(Wario through Platinum last year, WiiU Party as the free game with MK8 cause I already had the others on offer, and W101 through this just now). So I'm hoping one of the platinum rewards is either Tomodachi Life, Mario Golf 3DS, or Fantasy Life. So I guess my advice is buy a New 3DS XL. But not a New Old 3DS XL.

Oh poo poo... does that mean 70 coins for W101? That would be enough to get me another game since I have an odd amount of coins left over.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i need to buy dark souls 2 so i can live out my fantasy of a captain falcon brawler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpCiczKfVwk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Trying to curb my expectations. I am 95% positive Nintendo will not give anything relevant to American fans. :homebrew:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rexroom posted:

I don't know if it was mentioned but apparently there's a new Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow

Rexroom posted:

that's wholly dedicated to Xenoblade X.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

epic

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Thanks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't figure out where to go after getting the grapple beam in Prime 2. :saddowns:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Maybe they can just play the Persona 5 trailer instead.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't figure out where to go after getting the grapple beam in Prime 2. :saddowns:

Pretty sure you're good to go for Torvus' main boss, assuming you have all three keys.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Pretty sure you're good to go for Torvus' main boss, assuming you have all three keys.

I have one key

E: I HAVE TWO KEYS I literally just found the stupid portal in the Hydrodynamo Shaft. My first time through I found it on the map and then couldn't figure out how to get to it so I thought I would find a way later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
With that direct being Japanese only, I think it would make more sense just read a news site or watch a highlight video later.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

With that direct being Japanese only, I think it would make more sense just read a news site or watch a highlight video later.

A picture is worth a thousand words, friend. But they'd be a thousand Japanese words oh gosh. What a pickle

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

A picture is worth a thousand words, friend. But they'd be a thousand Japanese words oh gosh. What a pickle

Well each Kanji may be worth multiple words as well. Or each katakana, whatever the hell they use.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hopefully the Direct will be sugoi and not kuso or I'll be saying nani da ??

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Xenoblade X looks so loving good I don't care that the direct is in Japanese I'm going to watch it. I want to learn more about the 8 unions you can join or whatever.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

That's cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Xenoblade Chronicles X speaks the universal language of giant fighting robots, we'll understand.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

lmao

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I hooked up an external drive to my system and got it formatted correctly. It shows up in the data management screen fine, but when I go to the eShop to download something, I still get the "not enough storage space" message.

Does the eShop only let you download titles to the system memory or something?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Handsome Ralph posted:

So I hooked up an external drive to my system and got it formatted correctly. It shows up in the data management screen fine, but when I go to the eShop to download something, I still get the "not enough storage space" message.

Nope, all of my games are on my external. Only things downloaded to system memory are my Hulu/Netflix/etc apps.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Handsome Ralph posted:

Are you redownloading a game you deleted? If you have a save on your internal storage, it'll try to download to the internal storage. It's kinda dumb, you gotta move the save to your drive first.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

elf help book posted:

Are you redownloading a game you deleted? If you have a save on your internal storage, it'll try to download to the internal storage. It's kinda dumb, you gotta move the save to your drive first.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. That's exactly what my issue was, thanks! :)

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I should still have a few hours for the Metroid Prime sale, right? Everything I'm reading says it ends 8:59 Pacific. I'm trying to buy it online, and then order the y cable, and on this screen: (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NI0L4GZFgly0lMBWZGpD30Si5pLEmEHd), it says $9.99 for the cost, but when I click through to actually check it out, it says $19.99.

Edit: Motherfucker, AM, not PM. poo poo. Well, I'll get :20bux: free in a few weeks, so no big loss.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
AM

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Having finished Torvus Bog I'd say it was... not great. At least part of my frustration with it was me getting totally lost and confused about how to progress, but even without that it's just kind of a pain to navigate what with few shortcuts ever opening up and a lot of the dark area being totally separated. Plus those teleporting pirates who kept spawning in seemingly random rooms and locking the doors on me were more obnoxious than Chozo ghosts. I liked the final boss, but didn't really care for any of the sub-guardians.

I'm just glad it's over and hopefully the next area is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Yeah, I've only played MP2 once and the only area that left any lasting impression was the bog because it was so frustrating and I came to hate it. I believe what follows is generally better though.

• Locked thread