Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- Chicken Dance
- Macarena
- That one stupid loving song they play in every single god drat wedding.

Ceeeeeeeeelebrate good times come on!

My mom used to do video editing and filming, lots of wedding jobs. As a result, as kids we got that poo poo played for hours and hours while she was editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I think he meant Canon in D

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pegged Lamb posted:

I think he meant Canon in D
I think it's Wagner's "Wedding March" aka "Here Comes The Bride"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgh9XTkQTDI

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They play "Hava Nagila" in goyim weddings?! :eyepop:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ThirdPartyView posted:

Last two Christian weddings I've been to they've done it. :v:

Though I think it was more of an excuse to do that thing with the chairs and poo poo.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

mlmp08 posted:

My mom used to do video editing and filming, lots of wedding jobs. As a result, as kids we got that poo poo played for hours and hours while she was editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Though I think it was more of an excuse to do that thing with the chairs and poo poo.

I went to a mexican wedding where they did something like that only every once in a while the entire set of men at the wedding would attempt to violently tear the bride or groom from their chair. I had no idea what was going on but it looked fun so I joined in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Time Warp? :raise:

ThirdPartyView posted:

BAH GAWD THAT'S BARRY HOROWITZ' MUSIC KING

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

A club mix of Hava Nagila used to be the song people walked out to during graduation here

They don't anymore :smith:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nintendo Kid posted:

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
edit: nm, I'm dumb

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Remember in 2008 when the Very Serious people were asking if Obama was "too cool" to be president? Good times, man.

I remember the VSPs asking if Obama was black enough to win the black vote.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

comes along bort posted:

I remember the VSPs asking if Obama was black enough to win the black vote.

I did like the idea that the black vote was suddenly in question for the Democratic nominee. No problem overwhelmingly voting for the old white guy for the past few decades, but this Obama character? Don't know if that guy will be able to turn out their vote.

It was a tough year for him, maybe too white for black people but probably too black for white people.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

mlmp08 posted:

I figured it was "We Are Family". :shrug:

Cultural wedding story: my sister married a Palestinian and drat, they know how to throw a party. They had the bride and groom up on the chairs dancing with swords. It ruled.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tao Jones posted:

I mean, to be fair to Rand Paul (though I don't want to), the core ideal of libertarianism is that nobody should force anyone else to do something, even if something is obviously the right thing to do and a danger to others if not done.

I don't think that's entirely true. I think it's "do what you will, so long as it doesn't harm others", at least at its core, and a strong argument can be made that vaccination falls under the latter category.

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
Don't want to get smallpox from someone? Offer to enter into a private contract with them that will punish them if they give you smallpox.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

then sell tranches of that contract's insurance options a million times per second through high frequency trading

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Mike Huckabee talks about those anti-dancing columns he wrote when he was a teenager:

Yes, Mike, because in Looneyville, "I am literally the villain from Footloose" < "I smoked pot as a kid".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mitt. Mitt.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

mdemone posted:

Wait, who the gently caress are these AAPS guys? That's a new one on me. HIV denialists are the scum of the earth.

Man, I cannot wait for this primary season. Rand Paul is a ticking bomb of bullshit.
The AAPS is an archconservative organization that is more concerned about conservatism than medicine, including advocating that abortion causes breast cancer and that Obama used neurolinguistic programming to hypnotise people to vote for him]. They also publish a scientific journal, Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, which covers medical topics such as how global warming isn't real.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Quit playing games with my heart, Mitt!

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
You know the party is over when they have to resort to Song 2 by Blur.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
Now I have a mental image of the 2016 contenders at someone's wedding doing the Electric Slide.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Mitt at home in bed: God...I feel like Iforgot to flip-flop on something....what was it, what was itttttt...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Is the source Karl Rove?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Joementum posted:

Is the source Karl Rove?

Second hand sources who claim that Mitt told them "Be aware of the word 'unlikely' in my speech last week".

(Which, for memory: "I’ve been asked, and will certainly be asked again if there are any circumstances whatsoever that might develop that could change my mind. That seems unlikely.")

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Jeb implodes Mitt will swing in, but if Jeb can hold the line Mitt can spend as much time measuring trees as his heart desires.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Regarding strategery: If Republicans feel comfortable enough pushing through another Bush on the grounds that Dems are pushing through another Clinton....wouldn't the obvious response be to point out the very marked differences between the last Bush and the last Clinton? Or would the Clinton campaign be too reticent of that sort of thing?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Regarding strategery: If Republicans feel comfortable enough pushing through another Bush on the grounds that Dems are pushing through another Clinton....wouldn't the obvious response be to point out the very marked differences between the last Bush and the last Clinton? Or would the Clinton campaign be too reticent of that sort of thing?

That's what Clinton, William Jefferson is for.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

comes along bort posted:

That's what Clinton, William Jefferson is for.

I just hope there's some kind of inference like "hey, we've got our last Clinton here. We're proud of him. Where's your last Bush?"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just hope there's some kind of inference like "hey, we've got our last Clinton here. We're proud of him. Where's your last Bush?"

Look for the formal Dub's got Alzheimer's announcement to be made a week after Jeb formalizes it or a week before his convention. It takes him off the table entirely.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
http://thehill.com/opinion/dick-morris/231663-dick-morris-scott-walker-could-win

The first death knell of Scott Walker, Dick the Prick Morris says hes going to win.

And remember kids

quote:

Morris, who served as adviser to former Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and former President Clinton, is the author of 17 books, including his latest, Power Grab: Obama’s Dangerous Plan for a One Party Nation and Here Come the Black Helicopters.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They're also running Hillary, not Chelsea. I expect to have to bring that up a fair bit. :v:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Swagger Dagger posted:

Obama said vaccines are good

Killer robot posted:

Apparently anti-vaxx used to be a very bipartisan stupidity but has been ticking gradually rightward under Obama.

This is all there is to it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jill Stein is going to run again, so that's happening.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

BiggerBoat posted:

This is all there is to it.

Crossposting from the Freep thread:

quote:

To: lee martell
Here is my simple answer to a complex question you raise:

If Obama is in favor of it, I am against it. I don’t need any discussion. This POS is the anti anything I believe in.

54 posted on 02/04/2015 11:24:30 AM PST by Mouton (The insurrection laws perpetuate what we have for a government now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Joe Biden will be in Iowa next week, ostensibly to talk about the Obama administration's economic agenda.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Joementum posted:

Jill Stein is going to run again, so that's happening.

I'll vote for her again. It's not like Hillary needs another Democratic vote in California. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'll vote for her again. It's not like Hillary needs another Democratic vote in California. :shrug:

I'll be moving out of Illinois before the election, and the likely states are PA, VA, or MD, so I'll probably have to do a lesser of 2 evils vote.

• Locked thread