Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
This is some local jackass: How the gently caress do you think that is a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Haven't pulled the dashcam footage off yet but called into a trucking company and will be sending them the YouTube link of their driver.

18 wheeler honking, tailgating less than a car length at 60mph and driving past a bunch of traffic in the turn lane to cut over at the last second. Absolute insanity.

Edit: crappy screengrab, hard to gauge the distance but he was riding everyone's rear end.

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 5, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

But completely clearing off my roof, windshield and back window could take upwards of a minute, and that's a minute I'm spending not doing my favourite thing! What choice do I have?

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
That crazy lady reminded me of something bizarre that happened a few weeks ago:

I was in a huge line of cars waiting to make a right onto an on-ramp. The car behind me leaves enough "space" and gets cut off by some dude too important to wait in line. At this point, I'm at least 20 cars or so from the on-ramp. Traffic is still stop/go-stop/go as the line creeps foward.

Too important dude immediately starts what I can only describe as the schizophrenic swap of horn beeps and high beam flashes. I can see in my rear view that he's not shouting or anything, just agressively riding my rear end and honking/beeping. I'm thinking I have a flat or there's an emergency. But there's no way he could see my tires with his front bumper buried up my rear end, and if he had an emergency, why did he cut in so far back from the ramp?

The honk/flash continues as we slowly make our way to the on-ramp and I'm getting really weirded out by the whole situation. I decide if I actually have a flat, I'll feel it once I hit the on-ramp and my car starts moving. I can either then pull over or, alternatively, let psychopath around me and he can carry on his merry-loving-way.

I get to the on-ramp, car feels fine and I just let this guy pass me. He flys up my left side and immediately cuts into freeway traffic. I write him off as just another self-important dickhead. Instead of continuing on though, he stays in the lane where he just cut in and starts the honking/beeping poo poo with the new guy in front of him.

He's doing this in the far right lane. (US) We're now on a 6 lane highway in semi-light traffic, so it's not like he can't use one of the other 5 lanes to pass...

I end up in his vicinity for a few miles. He does the beep/honk/ride rear end to a few different cars. Almost like he's trying to antagonize other cars into stoping. Nobody took the bait, though, and he just left the freeway a few exits later.

I guess he could have been having electrical problems, but it seems unlikely paired with his driving like such a oval office. Is suicide-by-road-rage a thing?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Malfunctioning alarm system paired with a lovely driver?

Loving these Stop A Douchebag videos, btw: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ca0_1423080198

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

KozmoNaut posted:

All of those road raging jerks are doing it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuKnR8RvxHY

We could all learn a thing or two.

I came here to post this jerk. The Onion and Clickhole have been killing it lately.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I once had a Vauxhall sitting a foot off my arse at motorway speeds in the middle lane of the M5 with the driver weaving, flashing her lights and screaming so hard I could see her going purple, without ever once considering using the empty fast lane to overtake.

Eventually I pulled into the fast lane myself and the last thing I saw as she disappeared in my mirrors was her steam up behind the next car in front and start flashing her lights.

What I'm saying is never underestimate the combined powers of stupidity and bloody-mindedness.

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe

Coming into work yesterday I saw a dude wiping the snow off his car with what looked like a wadded up t-shirt. He was doing a slightly better job than that guy, but not by much. How do you live in Boulder Colorado without a loving snow removal device of some kind?

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Wiggly posted:

Coming into work yesterday I saw a dude wiping the snow off his car with what looked like a wadded up t-shirt. He was doing a slightly better job than that guy, but not by much. How do you live in Boulder Colorado without a loving snow removal device of some kind?

Easy, Boulder isn't the mountains where all the snow lands. Its so arid, its practically a desert. It snowed about two inches yesterday, and today its already 55 with most of it melted. It snows so much less here than when I was in Wisconsin that I have relatives threatening to "vacation" with me for the entire winter season. I see so many people in the ditches because they think AWD will compensate for their bald summer ties.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My sister's friend lost control of her Scion tC in the snow and put it into a guard rail on the highway. She bought herself a Mustang as a replacement...

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Uthor posted:

My sister's friend lost control of her Scion tC in the snow and put it into a guard rail on the highway. She bought herself a Mustang as a replacement...

At least next time she can do a 360 before impact?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Uthor posted:

More power = more traction, right? :v:

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Protocol7 posted:

At least next time she can do a 360 before impact?

I'm thinking it'll just change the assessment from front end damage to rear end damage

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I saw something today. :stare:

:stonk:

Wasn't sure whether to be relieved he didn't see me taking a picture or disappointed. Guy spent 20 minutes cleaning the ice off his window and door trim and opening and closing the doors. The sticker madness was slowly taking over the rear quarters and doors...

Think he is a 50 in the left lane self righteous smug fuckass, or a 95 everywhere road rager?

kastein fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 5, 2015

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Confirmation bias or whatever but I seem to be running into a disproportionate number of utter douchebags in BMWs lately.

Take yesterday as an example:
First it was some fucktard in a white current model 5 series parked approximate 12mm off my bumper as I was siting in the left hand lane* on exactly the speed limit. I get you're important, in a hurry and absolutely must get home right this instant but god drat it go around
Second it was some knob-jockey in a matte black E30 sedan with cut springs, stockings over the tail lamps and probably-from-ebay HIDs one of which was pointing directly down, the other right into my car. Heavy traffic too so no way of speeding up/moving over
Third it was three separate BMWs with the rear fog lights switched on, an X6 an X5 and an E46 sedan - I just don't get it, surely if you have no idea what any given control in your car does you should leave it switched off not immediately switch it on.

* We drive on the left

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
I ran across the most redneck truck that I've seen in a long time the other day:

Best part is it's not even a pickup truck, it's a Sawzalled Explorer:

:psyduck:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

kastein posted:

Wasn't sure whether to be relieved he didn't see me taking a picture or disappointed. Guy spent 20 minutes cleaning the ice off his window and door trim and opening and closing the doors. The sticker madness was slowly taking over the rear quarters and doors...

Think he is a 50 in the left lane self righteous smug fuckass, or a 95 everywhere road rager?

It just looked like a wet, dirty car...until I clicked on it. Holy poo poo. :aaa:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

kastein posted:

You know that the only reason why the rear window is mostly uncovered is because he's afraid that the cops FEMA the black helicopters will give him a ticket send him to a camp give him a "heart attack".

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

It just looked like a wet, dirty car...until I clicked on it. Holy poo poo. :aaa:

I'm pretty sure I know who wrote timecube now.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

kastein posted:

So that's what paranoid schizophrenia looks likes when it drives. Definitely a 50-mph-everywhere guy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's actually fuzzy, just barely.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

Haven't pulled the dashcam footage off yet but called into a trucking company and will be sending them the YouTube link of their driver.

18 wheeler honking, tailgating less than a car length at 60mph and driving past a bunch of traffic in the turn lane to cut over at the last second. Absolute insanity.

Edit: crappy screengrab, hard to gauge the distance but he was riding everyone's rear end.

If there is space to get over, get over. The fine for following too close and the talking to by safety is always cheaper than an hours of service violation.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

0rganDonor posted:

If there is space to get over, get over. The fine for following too close and the talking to by safety is always cheaper than an hours of service violation.

Dude

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Geirskogul posted:

It's actually fuzzy, just barely.

Did they FLOCK the entire car? It wasn't hideous enough before?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

0rganDonor posted:

What's the explanation for every semi that sees me coming in the left lane at 75mph and cuts me off at the last second doing 63 to pass another truck doing 62.5?

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

beejay posted:

What's the explanation for every semi that sees me coming in the left lane at 75mph and cuts me off at the last second doing 63 to pass another truck doing 62.5?
It's always reassuring when I get opportunities like this to make sure my ABS works. :geno:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I was getting on the interstate yesterday, have protected left, cars coming the other way turning right have their own lane, they merge at the end of the ramp. I usually take the corner at 35-40 and that makes it easy to be going 75 by the top of the ramp. Slow moving minivan in the other lane decides to merge early right in front of me when we have a good 20mph speed differential. Had to actually go onto the left shoulder to avoid hitting the guy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Did they FLOCK the entire car? It wasn't hideous enough before?

That or vinyl wrap.

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007

What? It's the truth, thank congress or something.

beejay posted:

Inertia and momentum, we weigh more and take longer to accelerate. So, if I'm bebopping along at 65 and come up on a truck doing 63, I'm going to pass it. If someone is less than a truck length behind me in the passing lane, I'll wait, if I'm running light. If I slow down even two miles an hour when I am heavy, it's going to take me miles to get back up to speed because the deceleration never stops at 63. While I am accelerating back to my cruising speed of 65, every grandma I just passed is now passing me, now I am stuck for miles re-passing them, screwing up everyone elses commute. Also, I usually start to pass another truck at least a whole tuck length behind for the added bonus of being able to see what's in front of him.

TLDR; It takes me miles to get back to cruising speed where it takes you a couple hundred feet, that blinking light isn't asking for permission...
Edit: Protip: watch the steer tires, not the trailer tires.

\/\/\/\/
Maybe he was short on time because he was held up due to the fact that people in Texas drive 10-20mph under the speed limit if there is the slightest amount of precipitation on the road. We have a certain amount of hours to run the truck, and the violation we get for violating logs sticks to our DAC record, a following to closely ticket, not so much.

0rganDonor fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 7, 2015

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

0rganDonor posted:

I don't understand how this has anything to do with what I mentioned.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

0rganDonor posted:

that blinking light isn't asking for permission...
Edit: Protip: watch the steer tires, not the trailer tires.

Words to live/not die by. I think a reasonable rule could be something like "the lesser mass/momentum vehicle shall yield right of way".

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Bovril Delight posted:

He's more important than your safety is.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

atomicthumbs posted:

He's more important than your safety is.

things long-haul truck drivers hate:

- changing speed
- not killing prostitutes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bovril Delight posted:

He's saying that if it was possible for you to get out of the way of a truck for the driver's convenience and you didn't, it's your fault when the truck runs you off the road.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

dee eight posted:

Words to live/not die by. I think a reasonable rule could be something like "the lesser mass/momentum vehicle shall yield right of way".

So your miata is less important than my f150? Cool, just what I thought.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cakefool posted:

So your miata is less important than my f150? Cool, just what I thought.
No-one who drives a F150 or any other pickup truck on the interstate is of any importance despite their insistence on driving right behind me with their loving headlights aaraaeerararrarrrr

i am harry fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 7, 2015

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

kastein posted:

What scent is that bottle of Dr. Bronners?

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

0rganDonor posted:

Maybe he was short on time

Of all the excuses to drive like a dickhead, that's the dickheadiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

He's saying that if it was possible for you to get out of the way of a truck for the driver's convenience and you didn't, it's your fault when the truck runs you off the road.

Did he miss the part about rush hour traffic? There are cars everywhere, in both lanes. Tailgating in a semi is dangerous and aggressive, but especially so when its heavy traffic.