Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

Starbreeze had nothing to do with 2. The first game also has a conclusive ending and really didn't need a sequel. Its only available on PS3 and 360 though.

Oh yeah, I got the whole spiel from my friend after I played it about how bad 2 was, partly from drawing a little more directly from the terrible source material. I have both a ps3 and 360 so I should be set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I said come in! posted:

Elite Dangerous I can understand, but i'm surprised you didn't like Far Cry 4. That game was so much fun.

People talk about how Far Cry 4's setting is "much more interesting" than Far Cry 3's and it looks like the same goddamn thing to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

People talk about how Far Cry 4's setting is "much more interesting" than Far Cry 3's and it looks like the same goddamn thing to me.

did you see the helicopters and elephants? they're pretty great.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please be nice to the elephants :ohdear:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The P5 trailer looks good

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Are there good browser games that basically involve zero thought but slowly award points and level you up?

Why not try forum wars? The humor is dated , but i checked in a year or so ago and it was still pretty funny in a nostalgic way.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Are there good browser games that basically involve zero thought but slowly award points and level you up?

Posting :mrgw:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hear mention of FC4 and remember that piece of poo poo came with my new video card.

Dying Light any good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codo27 posted:

Hear mention of FC4 and remember that piece of poo poo came with my new video card.

Dying Light any good?

yeah its good. the parkour is really freeing and the coop is solid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codo27 posted:

Dying Light any good?

it is surprisingly good yes. sleeper hit of the year probably

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bicyclops posted:

rpgmaker.net

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I like Far Cry 4 but probably because I've never played another Far Cry before it and my last open world game on PC was probably Skyrim. I think it's fun and I like bow and arrowing dudes. The only disappointment I had was realizing the condom and cocaine I found on my first dead enemy was nothing more than loot to sell for cash.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
speedrunners must love farcry 4 since all you have to do is sit tight and do nothing for fifteen minutes and then it triggers the ending right away

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Excels posted:

speedrunners must love farcry 4 since all you have to do is sit tight and do nothing for fifteen minutes and then it triggers the ending right away

The question then becomes: How can you glitch the clock into running faster?

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
So I"m eyeballing resonance of fate on PSN, has anyone played it, it's only $20

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tetris is still the best game ever made.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chard posted:

Tetris is still the best game ever made.

The guy who made Tetris made a ton of games for the old Microsoft Puzzle Collection, which nobody wants to sell but doesn't seem to be free anywhere, which is a shame because some of them, like Finty Flush, were really cool and had catchy music.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tetrisphere (N64) w as an under appreciated game.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If someone made a things fitting perfectly into other things game I'd....

buy it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Check out Finty Flush, with its Tetris-like music and addictive gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ilgGKx8LQ

e: my bird really liked this music and he whistled along.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 6, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 6, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Check out Finty Flush, with its Tetris-like music and addictive gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ilgGKx8LQ

e: my bird really liked this music and he whistled along.

Lol, cool bird.

Personally I dig on Tetris Attack more than Tetris. I guess its real name is Panel De Pon?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
They need to make a sequel to Puyo Puyo Tetris that includes Tetris Attack/Puzzle League/Panel de Pon.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

They need to make a sequel to Puyo Puyo Tetris that includes Tetris Attack/Puzzle League/Panel de Pon.

Throw Dr. Mario in for the hat trick and ayyyyyyyy.

I go through phases where I'll play the poo poo out of Dr. Mario for weeks. Flash mode is a cool variant for multiplayer.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Hello chat thread. I have decided I am going to play every single game in my Steam library. I have 177 games and will do it in alphabetical order. I don't play 99% of what I own so I'm basically resorting to forcing myself. This is going to be a fun adventure.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

krampster2 posted:

Hello chat thread. I have decided I am going to play every single game in my Steam library. I have 177 games and will do it in alphabetical order. I don't play 99% of what I own so I'm basically resorting to forcing myself. This is going to be a fun adventure.

you're an idiot go gently caress yourself.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

krampster2 posted:

Commit to just playing some percentage of the average time on howlongtobeat.com rather than the whole thing or the first bad game will be a showstopper.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just play the games you are interested in and don't make what is meant to be a fun activity into work or alternatively

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Commit to just playing some percentage of the average time on howlongtobeat.com rather than the whole thing or the first bad game will be a showstopper.

Stux posted:

just play the games you are interested in and don't make what is meant to be a fun activity into work or alternatively

If the game is poo poo I won't play it more than 10 minutes. Doing it because I always look at my library and think all of it is poo poo and boring. But for example the first game was Ace of Spades, played it and it was fun as heck but I would never have otherwise thought to play it. It's so hard to motivate myself to play games for some reason but when I do it's usually a good time.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why would you need motivation to play games unless you didn't enjoy them

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
early access
zombie
voxel
open world
survival
full loot

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Stux posted:

why would you need motivation to play games unless you didn't enjoy them

dunno, just not that into games anymore

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
if i think fora moment how many big macs this is equivalent too and use that as a justification i am still bad with money

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'll be your valentine if you buy me games instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

krampster2 posted:

dunno, just not that into games anymore

do something hing else then

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

krampster2 posted:

I did this recently.

I played about a half hour of all of my 200± games and if they didn't grab me after that trial period I uninstalled them.

I have maybe 20ish games installed now. Goons would howl at some of the stuff I abandoned but I'm of the opinion that you will always get some subsection of Goons to highly recommend literally any game no matter how shite/mediocre it actually is so recommendations are best taken with a huge pinch of salt.

The amount of "GREATEST GAEM EVAR" indie rogue like, pixel art poo poo I bought because of the steam thread is shameful and they are nearly all utter loving garbage.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 6, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

krampster2 posted:

Please write one sentence reviews for each game as you play them. I hope to god you aren't going to force yourself to complete every game you own because it's likely you own some poo poo like RIP 3 or whatever.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

spudsbuckley posted:

The amount of "GREATEST GAEM EVAR" indie rogue like, pixel art poo poo I bought because of the steam thread is shameful and they are nearly all utter loving garbage.

This is true. Except for maybe Shovel Knight.

Lurdiak posted:

Please write one sentence reviews for each game as you play them. I hope to god you aren't going to force yourself to complete every game you own because it's likely you own some poo poo like RIP 3 or whatever.
Hmm, maybe. Here's my one sentence for Ace of Spades.

Decent but nobody plays it anymore and snipers are op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I started checking out every NES game once. I was actually trying to find a song that I remembered from my dad renting the game when I was a kid (I have never found it and don't remember a thing about the game) but figured I would try all the games in the meantime. I think I got to Color a Dinosaur before I gave up.

• Locked thread