Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why dont I just join a pub team as a Rhino? "I'M HELPING RAAARGH" charge through all the tripwires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Game is ridiculously unstable and crashy for me now, anybody else having issues?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

GenericOverusedName posted:

Game is ridiculously unstable and crashy for me now, anybody else having issues?

Yep. Archwing missions are laggy and freezy as gently caress.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
There's a large security force headed your way.

It's the Grineer.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Charles Bukowski posted:

What's your in game name?

Crimor.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Songbearer posted:

It's the Grineer.

TENNO SKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!

get clem

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The sound they added for Carrier's vacuum effect is great. Zwoop! :3:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BeAuMaN posted:

If by "Cell" you mean "Orokin Cell", those are easy to farm. Find any Infestation Invasion Assassination mission and Phorid will often drop Orokin Cells. Killing Phorid is fairly quick as well.
Except Phorid doesn't drop Cells unless the planet drops cells. And waiting for Phorid to show up is a pain, I want my cells now, not in some unspecified time in the future.

I don't have the problem myself, I already had a bunch of credits and my extractor conveniently gave me 4 cells plus the ones I had stashed, but it's still pretty painful. And it's actually 7 cells since making the Akjagara takes 2 cells as well.

DelphiAegis posted:

It's only a pain in the rear end for anyone who sold their Akbolto; it makes sense from a mastery grind perspective. You've made those Akbolto's and 30'd em? GREAT! Make a NEW weapon with them!
It's actually a pretty good progression path for newbies (Lato -> Bolto -> Akbolto -> Akjagara) but it's still a pain if you're like me and thought you wouldn't need your Akbolto after getting the Telos version.

I mean, overall it's not dumb or anything, but that doesn't take the sting away, you know? Let me bitch in peace.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Hobo Siege posted:

Yep. Archwing missions are laggy and freezy as gently caress.

The new features (Ambient Occlusion and Adaptive Exposure) use a fair chunk of GPU. Turn those off (they're toggles in Display options) and you should get your old performance back. Remember to restart the game after changing the settings.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 6, 2015

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kyte posted:

Except Phorid doesn't drop Cells unless the planet drops cells.

This hasn't been true for a while.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Update 15.3 posted:

Fixed Zephyr’s Tornado climbing into the air to chase enemies already being tossed into the air.

This was a thing? That's goddamn amazing and I am disappointed I never got to see it in action. DE, keep on making beautiful things in this game. :allears:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Songbearer posted:

It's the Gri--No, wait, its Corpus. Definitely Corpus.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Played through the new quest. Pretty cool voice acting on Maroo but there's no option to romance her, maybe a bug?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Male Man posted:

Yeah. I think out of like... running Phorid into the ground like 50 times, I've only gotten MAYBE Gallium like once or twice. The rest of the times were Orokin Cells. If you need them cells, Phorid is who you need to call. Does Phorid have a "head" by the way? I want to be able to one-shot him with my dread, and shooting that thing that remotely resembles a head doesn't seem to do much :(.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cicadalek posted:

Played through the new quest. Pretty cool voice acting on Maroo but there's no option to romance her, maybe a bug?

You have to craft her Akringas and then give them to her when the time is right. Just make sure Ordis doesn't overhear or he'll leave the party.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

Then I must have the most terrible luck.

BeAuMaN posted:

Yeah. I think out of like... running Phorid into the ground like 50 times, I've only gotten MAYBE Gallium like once or twice. The rest of the times were Orokin Cells. If you need them cells, Phorid is who you need to call. Does Phorid have a "head" by the way? I want to be able to one-shot him with my dread, and shooting that thing that remotely resembles a head doesn't seem to do much :(.

Just like Chargers, the head is on the underside of his body.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 6, 2015

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

quote:

Casting Frost’s Snow Globe inside of a Snow Globe you previously created will combine the health of both globes, eliminating the old Globe in the process. This will allow for greater combat visibility as your view won’t be obscured by opaque stacked Snow-Globe walls!
RIP whiteout conditions

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

Really? In the twenty times I've killed him it's been gallium, reach, or stretch.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Seems my idiot has discovered that platinum can get you prime gear. Running about in a mostly all prime gear he blind invites me to a Lephantis run. I bite, taking my Prisma Gorgon, on account of having yet to really put it in its paces. Turns out he is farming it for Orokin cells to build the soma prime he bought and other prime gear that will make him a good player :doh: Im afraid to ask how much of mommy's money he has given to others rather than playing the game.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Songbearer posted:

It's the Grineer.

Goons, I've been thinking.

I just thought you'd like to know.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Goons are good - BAD at this game.

Hmm, seems like I might need to pub drop after all.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
My favorite is in the new spy missions when you manage to not set off an alarm. "They won't even know we were here" almost immediately followed by "Corpus walkers inbound to your location"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

winterwerefox posted:

Seems my idiot has discovered that platinum can get you prime gear. Running about in a mostly all prime gear he blind invites me to a Lephantis run. I bite, taking my Prisma Gorgon, on account of having yet to really put it in its paces. Turns out he is farming it for Orokin cells to build the soma prime he bought and other prime gear that will make him a good player :doh: Im afraid to ask how much of mommy's money he has given to others rather than playing the game.

Did you find out how old he was yet? :ohdear:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kyte posted:

The new features (Ambient Occlusion and Adaptive Exposure) use a fair chunk of GPU. Turn those off (they're toggles in Display options) and you should get your old performance back. Remember to restart the game after changing the settings.

Archwing missions still are practically crashing even if I turn off everything and restart and try again.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

SynthOrange posted:

Did you find out how old he was yet? :ohdear:

I've asked a couple times, he has ignored my question, but then asked me to help him farm Oro cells. I told him run Helene. Until more information comes to light, I'm assuming he is twelve.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

The new stealth kill XP bonus is pretty great, and finally gives me a good reason to :ghost: my way through levels as The Amazing Disappearing Loki

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well this is strange.

My Stolen Dreams quest reset. I wonder if it'll give me another catalyst if I do it again?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

winterwerefox posted:

I've asked a couple times, he has ignored my question, but then asked me to help him farm Oro cells. I told him run Helene. Until more information comes to light, I'm assuming he is twelve.
Goon? Did you hear the noise the pubbie just made? It is... not unhilarious.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Male Man posted:

I just ran Phorid when he was on Jupiter last night like 10 times and got about 20 Neural Sensors when we ran with a drop chance booster. Believe it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Patch notes posted:

Improvements to the Grakata's audio.
Improvements are a success: Grakata now sounds grosser, chunkier, rustier, better than ever.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So! The new batch of augments and other datamined stuff.

[PLACEHOLDER] Chaos Augment - Enemies entering the effect range will be inflicted with Chaos. Effect range lasts for |PCT_CHANCE|% of the ability duration and shrinks over time.
[PLACEHOLDER] Snow Globe Augment - Enemies that enter have a |FROZEN_PCT|% chance to become frozen solid for |DURATION| seconds.
[PLACEHOLDER] Crush Augment - Survivors have their armor decreased by |ARMOUR|% and become unable to move for |DURATION| seconds.
[PLACEHOLDER] Invisibility Augment - Weapon noise is reduced by |NOISE_REDUC|% while invisible.
[PLACEHOLDER] Blade Storm Augment - Melee multiplier lasts |DURATION|% longer before it resets.
[PLACEHOLDER] Overload Augment - Converts |SHIELD_PCT|% of damage dealt into shields split between Volt and allied Tenno.
[PLACEHOLDER] Radial Blind Augment - Blinded enemies are open for finishers, taking |DAMAGE_PCT|% more damage.
[PLACEHOLDER] World On Fire Augment - Enemies hit have a |KNOCKDOWN|% chance of being knocked down.
[PLACEHOLDER] Energy Vampire Augment - Excess energy replenishes shields by |SHIELD_PCT|%.
[PLACEHOLDER] Contagion Augment - Melee kills will leave behind a cloud of gas that deals |DAMAGE| damage per second for |DURATION| seconds within |RADIUS| meters.
[PLACEHOLDER] Sonic Boom Augment - Enemy armor is reduced by |ARMOUR|% for |DURATION| seconds.
[PLACEHOLDER] Vortex Augment - Vortex's duration is increased by |DURATION_INC|% of its max duration for each additional Vortex thrown into it.
[PLACEHOLDER] Roar Augment - Enemies within |RANGE| meters will suffer from a puncture proc.
[PLACEHOLDER] Worm Hole Augment - Allies that travel through wormhole gain a |SPEED|% speed bonus for |DURATION| seconds.
[PLACEHOLDER] Shadows of the Dead Augment - Shadows within |RANGE| meters each take |LINK_PCT|% of the damage done to Nekros in his stead.
[PLACEHOLDER] Reckoning Augment - Enemies killed leave a field that deals |DAMAGE| damage per second to enemies and adds |ARMOUR| armour to friendlies for |DURATION| seconds.
[PLACEHOLDER] Tornado Augment - Creates an additional |NUM_TORNADOES| tornadoes. All tornadoes are |SIZE_MULT|% their original size and won't pick up enemies.
[PLACEHOLDER] Tentacle Swarm Augment - Enemies killed by tentacles have a |DROP_CHANCE|% chance at additional drops.
[PLACEHOLDER] Sleight of Hand Augment - Pickups are turned into proximity mines that deal |DAMAGE| damage with a |PROC_CHANCE|% proc chance.
[PLACEHOLDER] Cataclysm Augment - Duration is increased by |DURATION|s whenever an enemy is killed inside.
[PLACEHOLDER] Shatter Shield Augment - Reflected bullets gain a |PROC_PCT|% chance of staggering enemies.

I'm looking forward to Shatter Shield, Sleigh of Hand, Tentacle Swarm, Shadows of the Dead, Energy Vampire, Overload, Crush and Chaos.

Also:
New mod:
Blood Trail (MarkTargetPistolModName)
Tracking Shot (MarkTargetRifleModName)

The description: Target visible on map for |val| seconds if hit.

:v:

New primed mods:
Primed Reach
Primed Pistol Mutation

:suicide:

Possibly new mods in the future:
HEALTH RESTORE CHANCE - |val|% Chance to Restore Health on Kill
SHIELD RESTORE CHANCE - |val|% Chance to Restore Shield on Kill
HOLSTER AUTO RELOAD - |val|% Clip Reloaded per Second when Holstered

Also a bunch of strings about PvP. You'll have separate PvP and PvE loadouts. PvP loadouts need PvP-compatible gear. I'm not sure if this means their stats will be shared across modes but I strongly doubt it.
At least one new PvP mod: Increases starting energy. The new syndicate is so far called the Conclave. It has 11 sigils, an "entry" sigil and 10 "rank" sigils.

PS4 players will be getting a new sigil. Same with Tenno Live 2015 attendees.

Darvo's shop's inventory will be time-limited and one per customer.

New Endless Defense sub-mode: Now you have to protect two points at the same time. (You protect two ships being loaded with cargo. The longer you go the more cargo it loads and I assume the more rewards you get)

Oh and just in case you missed it: Odonata Prime and Volt Prime incoming.
Odonata Prime: One more - polarity, 400 base shields (from 300), 400 base health (from 300), 1.05 movement speed (from 1.00)
Volt Prime doesn't seem to have changes implemented yet.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I kinda like the new one for Roar. Sure, it's purely flavor, but puncturing the eardrums of enemies in range is a nice touch and I wish Roar already did so.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I'm wondering if the health/shield on kill might be for PvP?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The graphic overhaul is pretty intense, the game certainly looks better for me now... and it's not like it was ugly before. Lightning improved a lot and the colors seem more crip. I also really like the new sneaky, sneaky... especially the stealth takedown xp multiplyer. But the best thing is the new Grataka sound, Grataka with maxed shred is pure audiogasm for me.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

At least one new PvP mod: Increases starting energy. The new syndicate is so far called the Conclave. It has 11 sigils, an "entry" sigil and 10 "rank" sigils.

I'm glad the PVP team has entirely given up on a level playing field already.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I guess DE and N-SPACE (never heard of them) are making a new RPG with an unannounced IP.

http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2015/02/de-announces-new-partnership

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Feindfeuer posted:

The graphic overhaul is pretty intense, the game certainly looks better for me now... and it's not like it was ugly before. Lightning improved a lot and the colors seem more crip. I also really like the new sneaky, sneaky... especially the stealth takedown xp multiplyer. But the best thing is the new Grataka sound, Grataka with maxed shred is pure audiogasm for me.

AO and AE are amazing when they work right. Although the new PBR on gold parts of prime weapons looks cheap as gently caress.

e:

Haerc posted:

I guess DE and N-SPACE (never heard of them) are making a new RPG with an unannounced IP.

http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2015/02/de-announces-new-partnership

Looked them up and uh... they did a bunch of ports to the DS? And Hannah Montana: The Movie: The Game :psyduck: What in the almighty gently caress. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Space

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 6, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Naturally Selected posted:

Looked them up and uh... they did a bunch of ports to the DS? And Hannah Montana: The Movie: The Game :psyduck: What in the almighty gently caress. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Space

Geist was pretty cool! The rest..ehhhh.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
"exciting new RPG set within a world-renowned fantasy franchise" huh...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kyte posted:

"exciting new RPG set within a world-renowned fantasy franchise" huh...

Do they really need to be so vague? That only narrows it down to a couple hundred possible settings.

I mean if you wanna get technical, every franchise is fantasy, considering it's all fictional.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cmon Monster High RPG!