Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: that nerd Robert Pera is going to play in the celebrity game. Shameless

i always thought robert pera looked like the type of nerd who thought he was real hot poo poo by buying an nba team and i am glad that he will be destroyed in the sport of basketball by women and television actors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Here's an entire gallery of horrible horrible bobbleheads:

http://hoopshype.com/galleries/thelighterside/the-worst-bobblehead-fiascos-in-the-nba

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
That Nash one :stare:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

WhyteRyce posted:

I unironically listen to their poo poo and apparently a bunch of other music everyone here hates. I am a terrible person.

Mainstream music is cool in my book. FOB is basically a jock jam band now but their songs are still catchy as hell.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
N: The skills competition will now be 8 guys competing against each other 1 v 1 with both players on the court at the same time. The winner advances and loser is eliminated. The competition will also require you to hit a 3 pointer at the end.

V: I like it

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

It's looks like a recycled Chris Webber bobblehead but it's probably the best one in the article. Some of em are reaaaaaaal fuckin' bad.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

This is nominally a good thing, except it still treats divisions as if they mattered when in practice they're completely unnecessary.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is nominally a good thing, except it still treats divisions as if they mattered when in practice they're completely unnecessary.

If it guaranteed a spot it might be somewhat interesting for more teams fighting for playoff spots at the end of the year. More teams in the mix for spots at the end of the year is always a good thing.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

attackmole posted:

It's looks like a recycled Chris Webber bobblehead but it's probably the best one in the article. Some of em are reaaaaaaal fuckin' bad.

I can't stop laughing at john wall's. Holy poo poo

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Faxanadu posted:

I can't stop laughing at john wall's. Holy poo poo
I know this is politics, but if you want something really funny GIS "Bobby Jindal Official Portrait".

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Crazy Ted posted:

I know this is politics, but if you want something really funny GIS "Bobby Jindal Official Portrait".

Is...is that technically going " whiteface"?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
The MJ and Rodman bobbleheads are even whiter.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

:lol: thanks for making my day, that's so great. should've gotten a bobblehead instead.

:thumbsup:

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Michael "George Foreman" Jordan.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Minitrue posted:

Michael "George Foreman" Jordan.

I guess he wasn't on roids, he just ate a lot of food using his healthy george foreman grill and the bulls paid tribute.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

As Rose's minutes increase, his efficiency decreases. It seems like he should be playing around 30 minutes a night.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
gently caress the Wizards are annoying to watch now. Can it be All-star week yet? Please?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bwahahaha

Edit: Wrong thread but Clippers are going to have more Ts than FGs

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I want that Cavs fan to explain to me how the Cavs are rocking the poo poo out of the NBA instead of asking questions. You watch the games, explain to me JR Smith's renewed greatness!

Anyway I love LeBron. If the Hawks and Warriors or Rox can't win the title then I hope LeBron gets his 3rd.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

I want that Cavs fan to explain to me how the Cavs are rocking the poo poo out of the NBA instead of asking questions. You watch the games, explain to me JR Smith's renewed greatness!

Anyway I love LeBron. If the Hawks and Warriors or Rox can't win the title then I hope LeBron gets his 3rd.

I'm not a big Cavs fan, but I've watched a bunch of games and have been posting all year they were going to be good when they got their team together. See my last post about Mozgov, and look at JR Smith from a couple years ago in New York. When he has a clear role and you don't ask him to do too much, JR is a good player. You start asking him to take a large role in your offense, he's not.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I'm not a big Cavs fan, but I've watched a bunch of games and have been posting all year they were going to be good when they got their team together. See my last post about Mozgov, and look at JR Smith from a couple years ago in New York. When he has a clear role and you don't ask him to do too much, JR is a good player. You start asking him to take a large role in your offense, he's not.

Right. They were an incomplete and hosed up team. They fixed their biggest hole at center, they replaced a sinkhole of sub replacement level dudes and Dion Waiters with a knock down shooter, and they have a competent if not as great as his reputation wing defender for the playoffs. They replaced 1/4 of their rotation with much better fits, Lebron got his rest, sun's shining, birds chirping.

In other news, Larry Sanders's suspension ends on saturday, he can play against the Celtics if he wants to/the team wants him to. I wish there was some word about him. I want Larry to come back and lead the Bucks to a first round upset.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 6, 2015

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Lol

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

JR Smith can do two things well, drive and shoot. He is usually too lazy/tired to drive, so when he is basically just asked to shoot he is a really good player with the drive available to keep defenses honest.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

wangvicous posted:

JR Smith can do two things well, drive and shoot. He is usually too lazy/tired to drive, so when he is basically just asked to shoot he is a really good player with the drive available to keep defenses honest.

He's a good, and I'll even say smart, transition guy too, which works well with Lebron, Love and Kyrie.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They have the most talented team in the league and I don't think it's terribly surprising. Also seems like Lebron was banged up early in the year and is back to full strength.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chris Paul doesn't think women can referee.

Or that is what Twitter is twisting his comments about the female ref in the game they got got by the Cavs today.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

Chris Paul doesn't think women can referee.

Or that is what Twitter is twisting his comments about the female ref in the game they got got by the Cavs today.
Chris was just angry that he couldn't punch her in the nuts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
1, 2, 3, NIK RO-oh gently caress

https://vine.co/v/OFPVWOnnhI2

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Wow he was really loafing it on that one...jesus. It looks like he thinks he's still at Michigan.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What did Paul say that was so bad? I mean he'll get fined for criticizing a ref but I can't find anything that says it's because she's a woman.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/VEBh5ykAACoATu8_/new-defensive-positions-rethinking-the-standard-terms Vantage sports has some defensive player categories, superseding positions, based on their proprietary charting of what guys do on each defensive possession.

I don't know if it's worth anything, but it looks nice

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Niwrad posted:

What did Paul say that was so bad? I mean he'll get fined for criticizing a ref but I can't find anything that says it's because she's a woman.

All the inflammatory stuff I saw was that he added "...this might not be for her." at the end of his complaints. Using a pronoun is having a bigger effect than one would think.

Maybe he said worse. I dunno.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

This made my entire night.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
firing Mike Malone may have been a real bad idea

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

sba posted:

firing Mike Malone may have been a real bad idea

This is something everyone already knew before they even played their next game.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Doc :gerty:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=12286917&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FCktDoHCW0Y%22%7D&ex_cid=espnTW

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Cousins called out his team for not playing hard after the game tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Spoeank posted:

• Locked thread