Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

maev posted:

Considering selling my over-used E75 for the IS-8, mostly to make use of my 4 skill is-6 crew and I've moved all my old E-75 crew to the E-100. Can the IS-8 perform well or dominate in the tier 9 game?

Don't do this. The IS8 is poo poo compared to the E75.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Illegal Carrot posted:

Including you, we have three players, which means we'd need another three to have a full team. Deadline for signups is the 8th.

You guys should post it in the PANSY thread. You may find a few people that haven't participated in enough tournaments yet to realize how disappointing and unfun they are.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
The IS-8 is mobile with a great gun but it can't carry like the E 75 can.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Got back into boats, realised boats alpha is better than wot. Whatever its running on its not bugworld (seriously how does it run so well over wot?) and i get 70 ping, 40 less than on wot :iiam:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometimes pubbies are against you, and sometimes they're for you.

The enemy team won an entire side through stupidity on my team, and then let me solo cap while they tangled with the last few stragglers. I think they tried to capture our base for about 30 seconds and then said "gently caress it, we're gonna try to murder everyone instead of winning."

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

NTRabbit posted:

Those little fuckers are the only things that fast and tiny, but the WZ-131 and 132 aren't too far off, and the Object 416 is an equally flat fucker with a serious gun

Super thanks. I'm kind of surprised that the ELC AMX matches lower than a Chaffee, though.;)

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.
Pretty dam ugly but not many of them rolling around yet.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

saintonan posted:

Non-anime related question:

I have a SU-152, and am grinding toward the ISU-152. I also have a SU-122-44. Since premium vehicles rack up xp faster, will it be faster to grind to the ISU by using the 122-44 and just paying the gold to convert the xp than it will to use the SU-152 directly?

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Only crew XP not battle xp

This is not true, Premium tanks also earn extra battle XP. Since an SU 122 44 is T7 it gains 20% more XP per battle:
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/premium-vehicle-improvements/

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
why are mornings on NA such a cesspool compared to later in the day? are more drunks playing, or perhaps actual retarded people? every game is like 29 v 1

note the many tanks that did absolutely nothing (including all 3 of the arty on malinovka)

I was 6th in damage with 249; perhaps I may have done more if the T25/2 didn't drive into me as I was shooting, then shove me out of cover entirely

or how about this one, where 1 of their arty did as much damage as all 3 of ours and the most of the top tiers didn't bother shooting tanks

this is my biggest problem with artillery (along with the fact that there are just too many being played now); it's one thing for there to be a magic hand of god in the game as long as both sides have it, but when only 1 team has useful arty and the other doesn't it's broken as gently caress

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 6, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Jack_tripper posted:

why are mornings on NA such a cesspool compared to later in the day? are more drunks playing, or perhaps actual retarded people? every game is like 29 v 1

It's the same all the time, really. Bad mornings is just confirmation bias. :)

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

rossmum posted:

The IS-8 is mobile with a great gun but it can't carry like the E 75 can.

IS-8 is quite nimble, but what I personally didn't like about it, was the lack of armor, combined with no gun depression, and a troll gun.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Valle posted:

It's the same all the time, really. Bad mornings is just confirmation bias. :)

However, early weekend mornings guarantee piles of children you can stomp all over.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Snakes in a can posted:

Got back into boats, realised boats alpha is better than wot. Whatever its running on its not bugworld (seriously how does it run so well over wot?) and i get 70 ping, 40 less than on wot :iiam:

Yep. Also I am running Sweet FX on that too and the graphics are night & day better.

Other botes chat I ran the DD almost exclusively last night smoking as much as I could to test the theory and it seemed hit or miss whether I was able to see right through or not. My issue was mainly DD's on opfor countering with their own smoke making it a mess to test. I must however say the tier 5 USN Nicholas is a goddamned hoot. Don't upgrade the torps since the stock have something insane like a 13 km range and the upgrade drops the max range by 8 km. Max speed was almost 40 knots with a five torp volley you can deliver on hapless ships and the guns are pretty good too.

There is a botes channel in TS for you guys that are in Alpha and want to create a botes-toon.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I thought the thing with smoke is that you get flashes of visibility through it when you fire. I don't know, but I would assume this only counts guns, not torps. So a sneaky DD in a smoke could probably isn't firing and is invisible, but a Cruiser outside if probably hammering out volleys at something and can be targeted for a torping.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

coyo7e posted:

However, early weekend mornings guarantee piles of children you can stomp all over.

Well this weekend is X3 experience matches, so there will be plenty of pubbie spies...

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
What I noticed last night was if I zoom out to a certain power I can see those flashes you mention but full on trying to pick someone apart was not working for me. Also depending on how I was zoomed in and where the goddamned sun was relative to my ship I was nearly blinded a couple of times. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. I had a lot of success blind firing torpedo volleys into smoke where I had a good idea of the enemy ship sinking a few over the course of the evening.

Also anyone who is an Alpha you should have a ton of 'gold' in the bank in the next 24 hours as a thank you for participating. They said there was a minimum number of battles you had to have over the last seven days but I could not verify that. If you get enough to buy the Atlanta (premium ship) do it, it's a money maker.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

brodoyouevengif posted:

Well this weekend is X3 experience matches, so there will be plenty of pubbie spies...

no it's the same all the time, I know because a guy up there posted it

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
i would just like to say that the graphics in ships were generally pretty bad. i dont understand why they dont use higher res textures for the ships, if you zoom in in any degree teh textures are all smudgy. portholes and other small details are not actually modelled, but are merely "painted" on with textures where you can see blocky pixeledges. the actual sea abnd the black smoke when firing looks allright, but everything else looks dated and lowpolygony. the islands are incredibly undetailed, with lovely looking foliage (if any). also, smaller guns like AA are completely stationary and dont follow their targets. graphics-wise the whole game was a completely underwhelming experience tbh

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Atal Vataman posted:

i would just like to say that the graphics in ships were generally pretty bad. i dont understand why they dont use higher res textures for the ships, if you zoom in in any degree teh textures are all smudgy. portholes and other small details are not actually modelled, but are merely "painted" on with textures where you can see blocky pixeledges. the actual sea abnd the black smoke when firing looks allright, but everything else looks dated and lowpolygony. the islands are incredibly undetailed, with lovely looking foliage (if any). also, smaller guns like AA are completely stationary and dont follow their targets. graphics-wise the whole game was a completely underwhelming experience tbh

they said it was so the chinese/russian clone games don't get their nice models yet.

demonR6 posted:

What I noticed last night was if I zoom out to a certain power I can see those flashes you mention but full on trying to pick someone apart was not working for me. Also depending on how I was zoomed in and where the goddamned sun was relative to my ship I was nearly blinded a couple of times. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. I had a lot of success blind firing torpedo volleys into smoke where I had a good idea of the enemy ship sinking a few over the course of the evening.

Also anyone who is an Alpha you should have a ton of 'gold' in the bank in the next 24 hours as a thank you for participating. They said there was a minimum number of battles you had to have over the last seven days but I could not verify that. If you get enough to buy the Atlanta (premium ship) do it, it's a money maker.

is this valid for SEAboats as well? could not find anything on the forums about it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

demonR6 posted:

Yep. Also I am running Sweet FX on that too and the graphics are night & day better.

Other botes chat I ran the DD almost exclusively last night smoking as much as I could to test the theory and it seemed hit or miss whether I was able to see right through or not. My issue was mainly DD's on opfor countering with their own smoke making it a mess to test. I must however say the tier 5 USN Nicholas is a goddamned hoot. Don't upgrade the torps since the stock have something insane like a 13 km range and the upgrade drops the max range by 8 km. Max speed was almost 40 knots with a five torp volley you can deliver on hapless ships and the guns are pretty good too.

There is a botes channel in TS for you guys that are in Alpha and want to create a botes-toon.

I ran the Nick with stock torps the whole way thru. The slight upgrade in damage is not worth losing 8 kilometers of range. On the tier 6 I think both sets of torps are only 5.5 km range which makes life extremely dangerous...might be off there though...the T7 is definitely crazy short range but has a very nice throw weight.

I found the most effective way to play the 7 was to smoke early stick with BBs and provide AA (has a ton of point defenses) then in mid late game to pop anything that is too close to your blob or targets of opportunity.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 6, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snakes in a can posted:

they said it was so the chinese/russian clone games don't get their nice models yet.

is this valid for SEAboats as well? could not find anything on the forums about it.

One of the mods was discussing this in the WoWS TS is all I know but it was being discussed actively in game chat. No idea if this applies to SEA but I don't see a reason why they would exclude?

About the graphics chat in a previous post, this is still in Alpha.. remember what a bucket of poo poo the tanks looked like early on and still do in some cases? Even the early Alpha island models were complete garbage compared to now. Honestly I could give a gently caress all about what the islands look like or even close ups of the ship for that matter. I am focused on delivering hot death to the guy on the receiving end and how often will I get to see that close a detail of the other ship while in combat? In the port is another story but even then it's not nearly as important what they look like compared to the gameplay being priority. Pretty can come later but not at the expense of FPS and playabilty. I am sure most people will agree on that.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I found the most effective way to play the 7 was to smoke early stick with BBs and provide AA (has a ton of point defenses) then in mid late game to pop anything that is too close to your blob or targets of opportunity.

I like to stick to one of the bigger ships and pop smoke once we are closer to the range of engagement to help them out and to set the screen for myself as well. Enough times I have not been focused down when in the company of a bigger threat and that allows me to send off at least a volley of torps and run for cover while I reload and fire off a few shots in the process.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 6, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

demonR6 posted:

One of the mods was discussing this in the WoWS TS is all I know but it was being discussed actively in game chat. No idea if this applies to SEA but I don't see a reason why they would exclude?

About the graphics chat in a previous post, this is still in Alpha.. remember what a bucket of poo poo the tanks looked like early on and still do in some cases? Even the early Alpha island models were complete garbage compared to now. Honestly I could give a gently caress all about what the islands look like or even close ups of the ship for that matter. I am focused on delivering hot death to the guy on the receiving end and how often will I get to see that close a detail of the other ship while in combat? In the port is another story but even then it's not nearly as important what they look like compared to the gameplay being priority. Pretty can come later but not at the expense of FPS and playabilty. I am sure most people will agree on that.

I like to stick to one of the bigger ships and pop smoke once we are closer to the range of engagement to help them out and to set the screen for myself as well. Enough times I have not been focused down when in the company of a bigger threat and that allows me to send off at least a volley of torps and run for cover while I reload and fire off a few shots in the process.

hey i played planes, and it didnt change in any noticable way from alpha to release or now. it looks quite good at a distance, but closer inspection of anything reveals dated lazy graphics. i have no faith in them improving anything but the textures before release tbh. also, the only reason ships (and planes) run so much better than tanks, is because there are so little detail on the maps. ships is basically a large flat surface with a couple of islands consisting of like 20 polygons and a couple of slightly higher polygon count boats. tanks has stuff all over.

also, make a thread for ships already. dont blame the loving nda or whatever either, because youve already been discussing ships for pages and pages in this thread without caring about it

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

WG sent me an email this morning with a link to a survey to gauge reaction to the new personal missions. The survey is pretty clearly geared toward letting you say how much you love them, but that's not what they got from me.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

saintonan posted:

WG sent me an email this morning with a link to a survey to gauge reaction to the new personal missions. The survey is pretty clearly geared toward letting you say how much you love them, but that's not what they got from me.

I'm sorry, I know it's a bit bigoted, but god drat if WG doesn't show their Eastern Bloc heritage.

"Comrade,

We have for you a wonderous opportunity to sing the praises of our shining glory. So clear your throat, comrade, and sing loudly!"

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

rockopete posted:

(shamelessly stolen from KaiserSchnitzel)

The worst part is that I had to point out the irony to them. But "hmmm; yes; of course anime requires a refined palate."

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Atal Vataman posted:

also, make a thread for ships already. dont blame the loving nda or whatever either, because youve already been discussing ships for pages and pages in this thread without caring about it

What about the ships forum?

I know it's nothing that unusual but :lol:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I can't be bothered to know about ships but I've contributed so much!

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

James Garfield posted:

What about the ships forum?

I know it's nothing that unusual but :lol:

God, if only he actually meant it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Overwined posted:

I'm sorry, I know it's a bit bigoted, but god drat if WG doesn't show their Eastern Bloc heritage.

"Comrade,

We have for you a wonderous opportunity to sing the praises of our shining glory. So clear your throat, comrade, and sing loudly!"

Or, y'know, they want to know what parts of the design the playerbase thinks is good. Players will happily tell you what parts suck without any prompting.

And if there's one thing that kills games dead it's messing with the good parts.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

saintonan posted:

you too? I was not nice at all. Not limiting the number of characters in the comment section was a bad idea.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Un-needed 13 90 report:

Still a blast, teams are loving terrible but after playing a few games in this tank I remembered why it is so fantastic. In one clip I killed 3 T9 arty (2 M53/55 and 1 Batchat hunk of poo poo arty). I don't know if pubbies forgot how much damage this thing can vomit out, but I had a M103 rush me out in the open. I perma tracked him after he missed me and a T30 on my team was kindly enough to give me a hand.

Did they mention how/which crew members the AMX-30b is going to have? Might save my lady crew for it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you maxed out the crew from the pixel tanks can you use them in the new 30b? The crew on my Mammoth is already 2 skill and almost halfway through number three.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Hey, check it. They've brought back the RNG videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4OGbtCljik

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Rorac posted:

Sweet, I always loved these.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Rorac posted:

Elbow slamming in a kv-5 is always the best thing to do in a kv-5

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

9.6 acc changes got a post in russian.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Prav posted:

Judging by those charts, it seems to me that derp guns are the real winner here, what with them being more concerned with hitting the target than precisely putting down a shot on an exact weak spot. There's less chance of hitting the exact point you're aiming at, but also less chance of the shot going to the extreme ends of the aim circle. It's a similar case for high pen/moderate accuracy guns (anything like the T29's 105 for example) IMO, since those are a little less concerned about weak spots. Low pen guns are SOL though.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Prav posted:

They need to post the arty version where all the red dots are outside the circle completely.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

They need to post the arty version where all the red dots are outside the circle completely.

They really ought to fix that sync issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

I might be fully retards, but it looks like that is a general improvement with a little nerf.