Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
looks hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

More importantly, any details about the persona 4 rhythm game.

Naoto with Suspenders, and playable nanako.

also yukiko is there but who gives a poo poo about her

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
music is perfect

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

owl milk posted:

music is perfect

Shoji meguro is really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

Release info? And I like yukiko.

Dec 26, 2012

this looks insanely good

hell yeah shoji meguro is back

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I guess the main characters turn into their persona now instead of just invoking it for attacks, judging from the end of that trailer.

Also I like how when a character's turn is up their portrait will change and turn into a mug shot of that character.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Release info? And I like yukiko.

oh like release date? i'll just post up the two recent trailers cuz I can't even remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLIwC713hU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSfZFNNROE

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ive never played a persona but im getting this one because of teh rtrailer

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ive never played a persona but im getting this one because of teh rtrailer

same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

noobs

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

didn't they release persona 3 fes on PSN, just start there

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

also lol the persona 3 website looks like insanely weir dnow

http://www.atlus.com/persona3/home.html

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

I guess the main characters turn into their persona now instead of just invoking it for attacks, judging from the end of that trailer.

Also I like how when a character's turn is up their portrait will change and turn into a mug shot of that character.

I took that to be their shadow because of the weird eyes myself. But given how different this looks to 4 that is probably a dumb call.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

NickRoweFillea posted:

I have... 4 of his songs on my itunes

huh, just 4? weird. I've played each of them a million times though

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The main character is a high school student by day, renowned thief by night. There were some shoots of the costumes, but do you think they'll be alternate outfits? If characters transform into their Personae maybe they have different get ups for each. Optimistic, sure, but I'd rather believe that than the more likely DLC-laden future.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

The main character is a high school student by day, renowned thief by night. There were some shoots of the costumes, but do you think they'll be alternate outfits? If characters transform into their Personae maybe they have different get ups for each. Optimistic, sure, but I'd rather believe that than the more likely DLC-laden future.

There's a Clothes option in the Equipment menu, so ye.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

yukiko is mny favourite jew

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait to date high school girls!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
rhythm game is set to release in june in jp

maybe september in us if we are lucky, and then if we somehow get even luckier, november/december persona 5 release. maybe simultaneous us / jp release or else i think we are gonna be waiting till 2016

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

NickRoweFillea posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

oh like release date? i'll just post up the two recent trailers cuz I can't even remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSfZFNNROE&t=135s

PREMIUM CRAZY BOX! DEBUT!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish hitler was in this one, like innocent sin

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Gonna form a social link with Hitler.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lesbian baphomet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLIwC713hU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSfZFNNROE

REMIX BY AKIRA YAMAOKA?!!!?!? :captainpop:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope Lotus Juice contributes to the ost in some way. Hope the battle theme is epic as well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Meguro > Juice.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pretty sure they collabed for all the songs hes done for persona.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Snazzy trailer, snazzy music, but I'm not sure. I have my doubts.

Those are my thoughts, thanks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes it's good to have faith in the Japanese developers. I think it will be awesome.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Share your doubts so I can call you loving retarded for having them

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Persona has always had a great story and the gameplay has just gotten better and better. I'm excited, i feel about this how i felt about final fantasy back when previews where for 8 and 9 were coming out. They've had nothing but good ideas so far and it looks like they can't lose with this one.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Terper posted:

Share your doubts so I can call you loving retarded for having them

I want more gameplay in my trailer. Trailer looked good, sounded good, and what little gameplay I saw looked okay. Just wanna see more. I imagine we will see more soon.

ATLUS has been pretty good with delivering a good game with Persona, but I'm not going to go into full-on hype-mode just yet.

Don't be mad, friend. We are all friends of anime.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

that's a pretty fair doubt, considering we didn't even get 10 seconds of gameplay. Hell, I'm not even sure we broke 5.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm pretty sure we did, between the everyday stuff, the combat, and those loving sick menus.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think I've just been numbed by modern game trailers to the point where I was honestly shocked to see any gameplay at all.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

i'm pretty sure we did, between the everyday stuff, the combat, and those loving sick menus.
Oh, I didn't even consider the school stuff. What I mean then is that we didn't see nearly enough the get a grasp on what's different. The dungeon crawling's definitely changed, and I assume the re-addition of secondary weapons and demons changes things up a lot. Plus we didn't see any actual in-game Personas, which I'm sure is a deliberate decision.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who cares. I know I'm going to buy Persona 5, and I know it's going to be sick. All I wanted to see was the art direction and hear the music, and well, it's loving sick, no surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

me too, sorry to give the wrong impression

• Locked thread